Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894237 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4080 on: August 10, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
Deodorant doesn't make you not sweat. That's antiperspirant.  :snob
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4081 on: August 10, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
I thought it you said it ^

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #4082 on: August 11, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
Today's my bday, but most people know it now as 'the day Robin Williams killed himself'. Fuck him, he had a family and money, he had no reason to kill himself. Piece of shit.

His life is infinitely better than mine and he pussed out. Fuck him and anyone that morns his stupid piece of shit ass.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:40:31 AM by Bulleta©™® »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4083 on: August 11, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
But to be honest, if you're calling someone who comitted suicide a 'piece of shit' there's probably not any particular reason that will satisfy your stupid ass.

I like how edgy dorks like Ruzbeh and fistfulometal have been acting lately.  I guess after being pushed around their whole lives they try to find a way to dish it out at the first opportunity.
🍆🍆

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4084 on: August 11, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
Uh... What do I have to do with this...? How have I been acting exactly?
nat

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4085 on: August 11, 2017, 08:00:23 AM »
Today's my bday, but most people know it now as 'the day Robin Williams killed himself'. Fuck him, he had a family and money, he had no reason to kill himself. Piece of shit.

His life is infinitely better than mine and he pussed out. Fuck him and anyone that morns his stupid piece of shit ass.
Happy birthday! Gonna pretend I didn't see the rest of what you wrote though.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4086 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:32 AM »
happy earthstrong bulletta 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4087 on: August 11, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »
Happy birthday!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4088 on: August 11, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »
Happy Birthday Bulleta!!
que

Bulleta©™®

• is probably playing some game
« Reply #4089 on: August 11, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
Thanks.

I have depression too. I still think he shouldn't have killed himself.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4090 on: August 11, 2017, 10:58:36 PM »
I'm so tired of getting replies back from out of state jobs and them dropping replies when I go "yeah, I'm planning to move up there for real." It's like "what the fuck do you expect with an out of state address? You expect me to be there right this minute?" :doge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4091 on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »
Went out to eat by myself and there's this annoying kid with a thick southern accent that won't shut the fuck up about every single menu item.

Should've gotten take out...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4092 on: August 12, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
Should have stayed at home and eaten yourself out.
©@©™

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4093 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »
Bought last years OLED for a discount a few days ago. This years model got a discount and costs the same now...  :(

But i did get full coverage for the thing as part of the deal for 4 years. Not that bad considering the thing is like half of my net worth.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4094 on: August 16, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »
Jet lag is ruling my nights, waking me up at 2AM onward, every 60-120 minutes. I usually give up between 5~6AM, go downstairs and watch a movie. But I am TIRED all the time right now.

Made myself a drink; 7-year Havana Club and Creme Soda we dragged to Japan from the USA, and it's too fucking sweet. I need a lime, shequasar, or sudachi, but have none.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4095 on: August 16, 2017, 12:19:13 PM »
This person at work keeps touching my back when they come over to my desk to talk to me. Pls, I don't go to work for the physical human contact.  :donot
©@©™

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4096 on: August 16, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
I'll touch your back and you'll like it bitch
dur

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4097 on: August 16, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »
Is that you in your profile pic? :heart
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #4098 on: August 21, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
Took the first sick day in like a year? Despite having been sick for about 3-4 weeks with a sinus thing lingering and only getting rest on the weekends. I wanted to take some sick time off earlier but every day I had a major catastrophic work deadline for the last 3-4 weeks so haven't been able until today (and have plenty of deadlines tomorrow so I'll be back tomorrow).

Still, got like 4 calls and all kinds of texts from my co-workers because the whole place falls apart when I'm not there. It's pretty frustrating because I gotta pull my weight on my own cases but I also have to run office manager for all 7 other employees because no one is organized enough to be on top of everything outside me. I spend like 2-3 hours every work day managing other people to get them to do what they need to do. It's part of why I work a lot of hours.

I should hire a case manager whose quick enough and dedicated enough to do this for me.

Anyhow kinda aggravated by it all, so booked off a week in mid-September for vacation time and I'll figure out something. Sometimes you just gotta leave and hope the whole place doesn't burn down.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4099 on: August 23, 2017, 07:16:54 AM »
Hopefully, the next version of the DSM will recognize the shitpost shakes so that it can be treated like the serious condition it is. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4100 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:21 AM »
Finished shopping had about ¥7000 in my wallet. "Cool, this should last me until the end of the week."

Rode bike home, had tire catastrophe right at the end of my street.

Asked my son to walk the bike to the bike shop for me (about 400 m) and get a new tube for ¥800, I'd give him ¥500 for his trouble.

En route the neighborhood ladies stopped him, told him the tire was completely messed up, and that it'd cost ¥5000~6000 to fix, or ¥7000 for a replacement used bike.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4101 on: August 23, 2017, 07:49:07 AM »
:(  I'm sorry Chrono.  You can ride cupcake with me until you're back on two wheels

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4102 on: August 23, 2017, 04:00:28 PM »
Big strip of rubber missing on my rear motorcycle tire, hope it doesn't blow up on the way to the shop or else this will be in the struggle thread (or my obit)

Update: survived to the shop
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:30:32 PM by CatsCatsCats »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4103 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
Came home to find Nami trapped in a bunch of computer wires.  No idea how long she was stuck. Feel awful.  She seems OK though. 

skullstorm

« Reply #4104 on: August 24, 2017, 07:31:47 AM »
Came home to find Nami trapped in a bunch of computer wires.  No idea how long she was stuck. Feel awful.  She seems OK though.

I'm gonna need to know if you took a photo of her for social media before helping her out so I can truly judge your awfulness.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dogs get up to weird shit all the time, not really your fault. Doges gonna doge :doge
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4105 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:07 AM »
I did not.

and thanks. 

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #4106 on: August 24, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
Big strip of rubber missing on my rear motorcycle tire, hope it doesn't blow up on the way to the shop or else this will be in the struggle thread (or my obit)

Update: survived to the shop

bike was literally shaking
rub

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4107 on: August 24, 2017, 02:21:46 PM »
I guess you could say.... you got screwed.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4108 on: August 24, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »
got 'em!
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4109 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
Did you format the drive before? It may have kept the old install around.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4110 on: August 27, 2017, 10:45:35 AM »
Did you install it on an SSD? Also, do you have like 32GB RAM or something? Disable hibernation, and check your files with something like WinDirStat or SpaceSniffer. If you have lots of RAM you can just disable the pagefile (don't do this if you have 16GB or less RAM though, but you can set it to 1 or 2 GB).

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4111 on: August 27, 2017, 06:10:43 PM »
Had a series of strange dreams last night. Two of them involved accidentally pooping my pants.

In the "main event" dream, I was living in this weird rococo mansion. I had just killed a girl with a power drill when I received a phone call from the hospital (or something) stating that my parents (who are dead) were better and had been released. So at first I try cleaning up the dead girl and her blood, but I can't make progress on the stains in the carpet. I hear someone driving up, so I go wait in the bushes outside. My dad is walking up a long series of stone steps towards me and the front door, so I jump out and push him down the steps and he appears to break lots of bones and die.

Later, my mom gets in the house without me hearing her and I distract her a bit before sticking the power drill in her face. I then put her body in some boiler tank or furnace or something in the basement, and then a bunch of friends/family members turned up for I think) a welcome back party for them. Around then I woke up. I want to know what was going to happen when they found out what I'd done :(

Oh, my also dead brother figured into it somewhere, but I forget where. You forget things if you don't write them down immediately. I remember him being trapped/restricted to one room specifically for some reason. He may have been a vampire. I think I had a vampire dream that led into this one and he may have been the "link" between the two, maybe?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:20:26 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4112 on: August 29, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
Gotta love the post office:

Latest update: Tuesday, Aug 29
4:14 PM
Delivery Delay 

IT'S FUCKING 1 PM EST HERE.   :lol  I dunno what happened, but in the last few months, all my packages either get delayed, misdelivered, or come late from both the USPS and UPS.  It's really getting annoying.  Most of the time this happens with Amazon orders, so I just contact them and collect $5 credit each time they miss the delivery day.  Amazon's own AMZL service at least gets stuff to me on the day 99% of the time, but they also always pop up super-late in this area.
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4113 on: August 29, 2017, 03:17:16 PM »
A year or so ago there was some issue with my address where when entered into whatever system USPS, UPS and FedEx use my packages would get diverted to Chicago before eventually being sent back to the sender.  I had to have things shipped to my mother in law and then it just randomly fixed itself. It only happened to packages, not regular mail.  I attributed it to being a new subdivision.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4114 on: August 29, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
I downloaded the Imgur app to upload some shit and now every time I click an imgur link it boots it up ::)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4115 on: August 30, 2017, 01:03:05 AM »
I downloaded the Imgur app to upload some shit and now every time I click an imgur link it boots it up ::)

It's like the slowest loading app on my iPhone 7+ wtf.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4116 on: August 30, 2017, 01:39:33 AM »
Just got a 14% raise today on top of a 10% raise 6 months ago. The trick is that I entered a new industry and so I'm way underpaid compared to my peers with decade-plus experience even though my work is at least on par. But I'm happy that I broke the $50k barrier even if that isn't all that much in San Jose. I think my only way ahead is to refine old processes to bring massive efficiency gains and basically become an irreplaceable person at the company, both giving me a very decent salary and allowing me to bulk up my resume without needing a dime-a-dozen post-grad degree.

Tell me if I'm being crazy, but from what I've seen it seems totally doable for a noob to learn SQL and Python to a level of doing machine learning. To me, it seems like the best thing for my career is to incorporate real data analysis into our processes. For reference, I work at a billion dollar water utility where my superiors were amazed what I could do with pivot tables and dashboards. So I already know they see me as a person with a lot of "data analysis" potential but to actually go up in salary level, I'd have to do some real shit where I can show exactly what I'm changing.

Also, because I have to vent about it somewhere:
I'm still an agency temp after 9 months and my manager actually tried to create an entirely new position for me. I nailed the interview apparently but lost the position to someone who had 10 years of experience in the company in a completely different department.

It seems our hiring decisions are all made by a hiring committee that looks at the interviewer's notes and compares that with the resume to reach their unbiased conclusion where they always side with whoever they can afford that has the highest experience. That just seems totally stupid and explains why my department often has permanent employees quit in the first couple months as the job doesn't match their expectations. I can't imagine how much waste is created by all that.
[close]

But I digress, at least my raise will cover my student loan and car payments.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4117 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:25 AM »
Reproduce the problem and while you're in the app, click the app throwback thing in your phone's status aka where your reception bars normally are (it should say imgur.com or Safari/Chrome whatever browser you use). This should remember your choice for future links.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4118 on: August 30, 2017, 02:33:46 AM »
Just got a 14% raise today on top of a 10% raise 6 months ago. The trick is that I entered a new industry and so I'm way underpaid compared to my peers with decade-plus experience even though my work is at least on par. But I'm happy that I broke the $50k barrier even if that isn't all that much in San Jose. I think my only way ahead is to refine old processes to bring massive efficiency gains and basically become an irreplaceable person at the company, both giving me a very decent salary and allowing me to bulk up my resume without needing a dime-a-dozen post-grad degree.

Tell me if I'm being crazy, but from what I've seen it seems totally doable for a noob to learn SQL and Python to a level of doing machine learning. To me, it seems like the best thing for my career is to incorporate real data analysis into our processes. For reference, I work at a billion dollar water utility where my superiors were amazed what I could do with pivot tables and dashboards. So I already know they see me as a person with a lot of "data analysis" potential but to actually go up in salary level, I'd have to do some real shit where I can show exactly what I'm changing.

I'm still an agency temp after 9 months and my manager actually tried to create an entirely new position for me. I nailed the interview apparently but lost the position to someone who had 10 years of experience in the company in a completely different department.

It seems our hiring decisions are all made by a hiring committee that looks at the interviewer's notes and compares that with the resume to reach their unbiased conclusion where they always side with whoever they can afford that has the highest experience. That just seems totally stupid and explains why my department often has permanent employees quit in the first couple months as the job doesn't match their expectations. I can't imagine how much waste is created by all that.
[close]

Holy cow, in Silicon Valley, $50K salary with car payments and student loan? Are you living in a closet, or under someone's stairs?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4119 on: August 30, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »

[close]

Holy cow, in Silicon Valley, $50K salary with car payments and student loan? Are you living in a closet, or under someone's stairs?

My student loans and car payments aren't that bad since I got a good number of grants and shopped around for a good deal. My rent is about $2600 for a townhouse which I split with my mom. My minimum expenses every month is only about $2 grand.

Tasty

« Reply #4120 on: August 30, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
Reproduce the problem and while you're in the app, click the app throwback thing in your phone's status aka where your reception bars normally are (it should say imgur.com or Safari/Chrome whatever browser you use). This should remember your choice for future links.

You still can't set default apps in iOS? 🤔

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4121 on: August 30, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »
Tattoo artist I want is booked for the next 10 months. 

hampster

« Reply #4122 on: August 31, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
I've had my current phone for 2 years and was keeping it in good condition. Over the past 3 days I've dropped it 3 times, each adding a crack to the upper left corner :'(

I'm feeling so clumsy this week it's making wonder if something is wrong :(
Zzz

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4123 on: August 31, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »
Age. It's not going to get better.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4124 on: August 31, 2017, 07:38:12 PM »

You still can't set default apps in iOS? 🤔

There's still no FILE MANAGEMENT in iOS. The next version, iOS 11 appears to acknowledge that direct file referencing and management is necessary if iOS devices are ever going to be fully-realized professional tools.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4125 on: August 31, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »
Speaking of files, iirc iOS just started supporting gifs in the gallery. At least it never worked for me before (it still won't play them on the phone but it works if you upload somewhere).

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4126 on: September 01, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
I think it always has just like you said no way to verify they're working in the roll or whatever

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4127 on: September 03, 2017, 07:22:13 AM »
It is 4:20 am and my apartment is 92 degrees inside send help!!!!!  :'(

I know it will pass, but fuck has it been hot lately.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4128 on: September 03, 2017, 08:43:20 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4129 on: September 03, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »

yeah it's been brutal here lately as well

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4130 on: September 03, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
having a pup is like having a new baby, first week has been rough!

went to pup training today and found out I was playing wrong and thats why she wants to bite while playing or bite clothes

further cements our commitment to stick to one kid though  :)

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4131 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:27 PM »
yeah it's been brutal here lately as well

Seriously I've lived in Fresno for years and know what hot is and this is the worst heat that I've ever felt in my life. When the wind stops blowing in the bay area the tandoori ovens and curry shits create a dome of dense air pollution. I was close to murdering someone last night.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4132 on: September 03, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
Speaking of files, iirc iOS just started supporting gifs in the gallery. At least it never worked for me before (it still won't play them on the phone but it works if you upload somewhere).

How do you mean? Which Gallery - the Photos.app in iOS or macOS?

Are you having decent weather in your part of Japan? Osaka has been DREAMY for the last 4-5 days. Not even using a/c.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4133 on: September 04, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »
Just spent 90 minutes looking for a how-to Maya video I watched, and another 15 minutes researching how to limit my YouTube History to searching for specific terms. Another 10 minutes or so looking into users whose History had ceased tracking their viewing. I'd looked through my own YouTube history manually all the way through May or June, TWICE, and tried looking with the similar search terms again…

And it turned out to be a video through a paid learning site to which I subscribe.

:lol  :maf :lol  :-\

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4134 on: September 04, 2017, 01:23:07 AM »
daughter woke up at 23 which woke the dog up. dog woke up at 12, 3 and 5. At 5 he woke the daugther up.

buy a dog brehs

wife took two weeks off to train her but she is struggling (also two weeks no pay fuuuuuck) and were basically exhausted after the first week, hope it pays off in the end and the dog wont be cray cray and a good companion in the end

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4135 on: September 04, 2017, 02:03:48 AM »
I'd rather have another kid than a dog. :lol :doge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4136 on: September 04, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »
I'd rather have another kid than a dog. :lol :doge

:piss

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4137 on: September 04, 2017, 01:39:32 PM »
Got addicted to The Great British Bake Off.

I don't bake or like house wives.  Why am I doing this?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4138 on: September 04, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
Got addicted to The Great British Bake Off.

I don't bake or like house wives.  Why am I doing this?

It's a good show, Brent.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4139 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »
Both.  Its true.