Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894298 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4140 on: September 04, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
I decided to upgrade my audio receiver when I got a great deal on a high end unit on clearance.  As soon as I hooked it up I could tell it easily outclassed my current speakers and I started looking at upgrades.  My god.  Audiophiles are insane.  I've basically been reading about speakers for 2 days straight and I don't think I'm any closer to making a decision.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4141 on: September 04, 2017, 04:33:01 PM »
might have a hurrican hit this time next week

I decided to upgrade my audio receiver when I got a great deal on a high end unit on clearance.  As soon as I hooked it up I could tell it easily outclassed my current speakers and I started looking at upgrades.  My god.  Audiophiles are insane.  I've basically been reading about speakers for 2 days straight and I don't think I'm any closer to making a decision.

Just pick a price limit per, and then go with the one that has a style you like.

Tasty

« Reply #4142 on: September 04, 2017, 04:44:52 PM »
Lol I felt the same thing when trying to choose some new headphones. It's like... "where does it end?!"

Thankfully I have trash ears and picked the cheapest option possible lol. Though I'll probably buy Bragi's wireless earbuds when I get some spare cash.

Quaker

« Reply #4143 on: September 04, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »
www.wirecutter.com

Let someone else do it.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4144 on: September 04, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
www.wirecutter.com

Let someone else do it.
Their suggestions are really a mixed bag. Their high end speaker recommendations are entry level high end and they really said that getting 12 gauge wires gets you better sound quality but aren't even factoring in distance or ohms  :doge 

Lol I felt the same thing when trying to choose some new headphones. It's like... "where does it end?!"

Thankfully I have trash ears and picked the cheapest option possible lol. Though I'll probably buy Bragi's wireless earbuds when I get some spare cash.
:lol i wish i could do that. But when i went to the stores i did hear a difference between them, especially when playing different content so that's where I'm driving myself insane.

Just pick a price limit per, and then go with the one that has a style you like.
I was actually thinking this until i also started looking at ones used that brought in even higher en and more beautiful.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4145 on: September 05, 2017, 10:45:14 AM »
I had a nightmare that I got a 60 on a test along with an 80 on an assignment.  Didn't even fail and I woke up sure anxious. 

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4146 on: September 05, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »
Those types of nightmares can really sour my day.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #4148 on: September 06, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »
My niece survived this shit, someone rearended going full speed and spun her into oncoming traffic where a truck ran headfirst into her:

vin

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4149 on: September 06, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »
shiiiiiiit...I hope she's okay  :o
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4150 on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:29 PM »
Glad she's ok. Poor thing must be traumatized.  :(
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4151 on: September 06, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/TTrogdon/status/905205124699750401

Profile: "Focused on efficient/effective communication of threat info."

:whew

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4152 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »
My son wanted a pet rabbit. We got a pet rabbit.

My son went back to school now that summer break is over. The rabbit escapes its cage every hour or so, makes a tremendous racket while it does this. I work at home. This is distracting よ。

I've got two lectures this afternoon and, though I'm always happy once the lecture starts, I am nervous as hell beforehand. My neck and shoulders are aching, and I have a headache. Waiting for advil to kick in and manage shit I should be able to sort through regular stress coping mechanisms.

I'm also tired every evening, very early, and am worried that fatigue might be a sign of some bigger health problem.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4153 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
Same symptoms, almost half your age. Am I already dead?

I just need to sleep more/go to bed earlier.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4154 on: September 08, 2017, 06:32:34 AM »

My son went back to school now that summer break is over. The rabbit escapes its cage every hour or so, makes a tremendous racket while it does this. I work at home. This is distracting よ。

I've got two lectures this afternoon and, though I'm always happy once the lecture starts, I am nervous as hell beforehand. My neck and shoulders are aching, and I have a headache. Waiting for advil to kick in and manage shit I should be able to sort through regular stress coping mechanisms.

I'm also tired every evening, very early, and am worried that fatigue might be a sign of some bigger health problem.

See my struggle in the struggle thread, basically wife works from home and the puppy and her didnt mesh, as the pup doesnt accept her as a leader. Ergo, she wont be able to work with it at home. Ergo pup is going :/

Hang in there!

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4155 on: September 08, 2017, 09:26:34 AM »

My son went back to school now that summer break is over. The rabbit escapes its cage every hour or so, makes a tremendous racket while it does this. I work at home. This is distracting よ。

You take the cage to the nearest wooded area, open the door and walk away. Tell your son the rabbit escaped again and you can't find him.

Rabbits are terrible long term pets.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4156 on: September 08, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »

You take the cage to the nearest wooded area, open the door and walk away. Tell your son the rabbit escaped again and you can't find him.

Rabbits are terrible long term pets.
..Let it walk away? You must've never had rabbit meat before.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4157 on: September 08, 2017, 01:35:22 PM »
Send it to Glen Shinobi.
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4158 on: September 09, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
Send it to Glen Shinobi.
:dead

Same symptoms, almost half your age. Am I already dead?

I just need to sleep more/go to bed earlier.

You're a young mother, who's going through a divorce and about to move internationally.

You're tired exhausted. Remarkably, you're able to get out of bed in the morning.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4159 on: September 09, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
This hurricane should be interesting...

Hopefully I don't die.  :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4160 on: September 09, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
Tie a bed sheet to your arms and fly to safety. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4161 on: September 09, 2017, 04:49:58 PM »
I left my kitty at the vet overnight to get her tubes tied because I've seen some tomcats prowling around the area, and she's been groggy and/or mad all day. She didn't want to come inside, and then she came inside but she only wanted to lay on the rug and pout.

©@©™

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4162 on: September 09, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »
Awww she just needs to heal up and let the kitty drugs wear off

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4163 on: September 09, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
Got some new pants that are super comfy and fit amazingly well in the waist. But now I'm noticing that they make my package look way too big and prominent. Gonna have to wear some compression shorts or something.
If u got it, flaunt it

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4164 on: September 09, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »
D'awww, she's such a cutie. :uguu

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4165 on: September 09, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
Alex is a good kitty. I've had some jerkhole cats, but she just likes to sit in my lap and watch tv with me or lay on my computer desk when I'm on my pc. She does knock over my stack of Domo-kuns about once a day, but I'll allow it.  :heart
©@©™

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4166 on: September 11, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
Think I have a punctured oil pan. My car left a dirty diaper behind when I pulled out of the garage. Real thick, clumpy oil.  Had to drive to work though. I was constantly monitoring my oil pressure/temp while I drove here.

Having to lose your car for multiple days is such a bummer.

Tasty

« Reply #4167 on: September 11, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
Back from a two-week vacation and I feel almost as exhausted as before it started.

Part of it is re-adjusting back to a normal sleep cycle but I feel like I wasted it a bit, despite spending a week in Montreal and Quebec City with my boyfriend and other friends having a gay old time.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4168 on: September 12, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
I decided on and ordered my speakers. All but the front left showed up today. Damn it

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #4169 on: September 14, 2017, 08:11:34 AM »
A watched pot never boils.
brb

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4170 on: September 14, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
You're right, wipe it for ubuntu :teehee

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4171 on: September 14, 2017, 01:22:22 PM »
Went to practice at 8pm, they start at 9pm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tasty

« Reply #4172 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4173 on: September 14, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Went to practice at 8pm, they start at 9pm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that anyone probably gives a shit but i just got back(again) and the school administration forgot to mention that the gym we rented was filled with student desks due to exams. So no practice at all.  :maf

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

Tasty

« Reply #4175 on: September 14, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »

looks like fucking shit

Looks better than Windows 10 and macOS.  :playa

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4176 on: September 14, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #4177 on: September 14, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »
The icons? Icons are as big or small as you want in any OS.

Have you used ElementaryOS?

And I do find macOS ugly, but it's improved a lot in the past few versions. Still, with both macOS and especially Windows there's swaths of the OS that are still in various old styles. Not hard to find Aero parts in Windows, and the Dashboard in macOS is begging to be mercy killed.

Gnome 3 is the most consistent and beautiful desktop environment I've used. :playa

It's so good Mark Shuttleworth is ditching his home-grown shit (which Canonical spent years, millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of man-hours developing) in order to switch Ubuntu back to Gnome. :rejoice

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4178 on: September 14, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
I've always enjoyed wiping old shit hardware and playing with whatever easy install distros are out there. People are way too picky about OS imo, especially when all the functionality is there. Learn to adapt.

Tasty

« Reply #4179 on: September 14, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
I've always enjoyed wiping old shit hardware and playing with whatever easy install distros are out there. People are way too picky about OS imo, especially when all the functionality is there. Learn to adapt.

Yeah, I've used everything out there. I thought it would be impossible for me to get used to OSX because of the Control/Command switcheroo but it was pretty easy.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4180 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »
I'm tentatively scheduled to have a booty call later tonight, but that would mean I'd have to clean my room. I kinda just wanna get stoned and play sonic mania instead

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4181 on: September 17, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »
The alternative is the new life is strange thing, so it's a toss up between potentially yiffing and cutting

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4182 on: September 17, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »
It doesn't have to be an either/or thing.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #4183 on: September 18, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »
Got rejected by my #1 new job choice (the one I solicited advice for a cover letter on.)

However I have a phone interview with my #2 choice set up for Thursday, so it's not all bad. A friend works there too which is nice, didn't even need a cover letter.

Fuck cover letters. :maf :(

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4184 on: September 18, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
Cover letter? Did you have to fax it i as well?
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #4185 on: September 18, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
Cover letter? Did you have to fax it i as well?

Lol that's what I thought then everyone here was like "HAVE YOU NEVER EVEN HAD A REAL JOB?!?!?!?" ::)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #4186 on: September 18, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »
I've read through hundreds of applications when filling positions and not once did I give a shit about the cover letter.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4187 on: September 18, 2017, 05:54:51 PM »
I've provided cover letters even when my résumé is being handed directly to HR by the person telling them they want me on their team. It's just professional courtesy.

Tasty

« Reply #4188 on: September 18, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »
I've provided cover letters even when my résumé is being handed directly to HR by the person telling them they want me on their team. It's just professional courtesy.

Maybe in the 1800s, grandpa. :ufup

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4189 on: September 18, 2017, 07:51:58 PM »

Maybe in the 1800s, grandpa. :ufup

In fairness, my cover letters are written on vellum with a feather pen, then delivered by serf.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4190 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
I had a deep fried mars bar ... with icecream ... and caramel sauce ... after eating a haggis burger and fries with 2 scotches and a beer. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:00:57 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4191 on: September 19, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
I want to make a sandwich but im too lazy. Looks like im going to choose starvation.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4192 on: September 19, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4193 on: September 19, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
I'm tentatively scheduled to have a booty call later tonight, but that would mean I'd have to clean my room. I kinda just wanna get stoned and play sonic mania instead

So i wound up getting stoned and playing sonic mania and eating an entire pizza and passing out early and I forgot to even text this chick an excuse til the next day. I think that bridge may be permanently burned now.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4194 on: September 20, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
Just had an incident with a bleeding from my tonsil and noticed a pretty big mass above it, hopefully gonna see an ENT tomorrow.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4195 on: September 20, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
Why wait? Doesn't hurt?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4196 on: September 20, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »
can't knock it until i've tried it

but i know what a mars bar is and deep frying that shit seems like a pretty demonic thing to do

You ever have chocolate chip cookies that are undercooked and gooey on the inside?  Tasted just like that. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4197 on: September 20, 2017, 07:56:32 PM »
Just had an incident with a bleeding from my tonsil and noticed a pretty big mass above it, hopefully gonna see an ENT tomorrow.

This contorted my face into horror. Please see a doctor.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4198 on: September 20, 2017, 08:50:22 PM »
Because America. Waiting for appointment tomorrow = save hundreds

Hopefully it's just like some crazy ass tonsillitis or tonsil stones and not tonsil cancer HA HA

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4199 on: September 20, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »
You been eating too much ass breh. It happens.

:rejoice