Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894171 times)

seagrams hotsauce

Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4380 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:24 PM »
Anecdotally weed discourages dreams iirc

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4381 on: October 19, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »
Until you quit, then look out

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4382 on: October 19, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
New iOS is p ugly tbh

Too scared to update my iPhone 7 :lol

If you have any 32b apps you're attached to, don't update. iOS 11 is 64b only, IIRC.

Switters

« Reply #4383 on: October 19, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
Uh.. Hi. I'm new.. and old (from GAF).. and actually old. My minor inconvenience is suicidal ideation and not being able to figure out why an avatar I'm hosting on imgur is not showing up. Is there something I'm missing? A father figure or not having the image scaled correctly? I hope you all have a great night.
troll

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4384 on: October 19, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
Uh.. Hi. I'm new.. and old (from GAF).. and actually old. My minor inconvenience is suicidal ideation and not being able to figure out why an avatar I'm hosting on imgur is not showing up. Is there something I'm missing? A father figure or not having the image scaled correctly? I hope you all have a great night.

make sure the url is http and not https

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4385 on: October 19, 2017, 09:14:44 PM »
Until you quit, then look out
yep, my dreams have been wild since I've had to stop from this dental crap.

also desert punk, just don't update to 11. it's ugly, runs poorly, and kills your battery :'(

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4386 on: October 19, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
yeah 11 fuckin blows. Nothing but headaches and my phone dies all the time. Screen recording is the only really neat thing and I barely use it anyway

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4387 on: October 19, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
The giant headers piss me off

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4388 on: October 20, 2017, 02:14:12 AM »
I thought the banner was bugged for the past couple of days. Turns out I accidentally hid it with that tiny arrow in the top right corner which I only just noticed now is a thing.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:foxx
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
GREAT MOMENTS IN NOT READING
« Reply #4389 on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
A big chunk of the last two months at work have been spent upgrading everyone's PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  One thing that is incredible minor, and yet still continues to produce a large volume of questions on, are Citrix Receiver prompts.  You would think that something asking you to enter your password and save it would be self-explanatory, but nope...tons of phone calls from people asking "WHY DOES THIS KEEP COMING UP?!?!?!?!" all the time.  They always seem so surprised that there is an option to SAVE THE FUCKING PASSWORD.  It's literally the only option on the prompt that comes up.  You can't miss it...but somehow 99% of the people do.
 :stahp
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4390 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
I upgraded to the last update the one that gives you game mode, fuck I miss windows 7.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4391 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »
drank too much now i feel like i constantly need to shit

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: GREAT MOMENTS IN NOT READING
« Reply #4392 on: October 20, 2017, 10:42:21 AM »
A big chunk of the last two months at work have been spent upgrading everyone's PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  One thing that is incredible minor, and yet still continues to produce a large volume of questions on, are Citrix Receiver prompts.  You would think that something asking you to enter your password and save it would be self-explanatory, but nope...tons of phone calls from people asking "WHY DOES THIS KEEP COMING UP?!?!?!?!" all the time.  They always seem so surprised that there is an option to SAVE THE FUCKING PASSWORD.  It's literally the only option on the prompt that comes up.  You can't miss it...but somehow 99% of the people do.

if its something that happens to 99% of people its bad design

Sounds more like user error code: ID10T
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4393 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
I don't know why that reminded me. But I remember telling an employee "I need an inventory of all our computers, their serial numbers and their hardware specs." 3 days later he shows up with two print outs.

"Here's the serial numbers." He says handing me  one sheet with a bunch of serial numbers on it.
"And here's the specs" He hands me another sheet with just specs and nothing else.

I was like, "So....how do I know what serial number has what specs?"

He was like  :ohhh

:snoop
que

Switters

« Reply #4394 on: October 20, 2017, 11:47:58 AM »
Our long national nightmare has ended. I now have an avatar.
troll

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4395 on: October 20, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »

A login prompt after an OS upgrade and software re-installs?
 :dunno
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4396 on: October 20, 2017, 11:55:08 AM »
I upgraded to the last update the one that gives you game mode, fuck I miss windows 7.

I got that update on my recently-purchased laptop.  Made performance shit and the fans went crazy.  Immediately rolled back.

Sounds more like user error code: ID10T

:rofl
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4397 on: October 20, 2017, 05:13:22 PM »
Lost 35 pounds this year but I'm getting fat again  :gloomy
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4398 on: October 20, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
Realized today I know a real life honest to God flat earther.

I'm friends with the "dumb girl" from my high school on FB mainly because she posts the dumbest imaginable shit, and she's all in on flat earth. Also: 4 kids from 4 dads, if you're looking for some dumb white girl booty action, Mups.
serge

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4399 on: October 20, 2017, 09:25:34 PM »
I've officially reached the point where the majority of my work is finding problems other people caused due to laziness/ignorance and then being tasked with fixing them. Not a struggle since my options trading is paying off with 70% returns in the 10 days I've started. That's totally cool.

I'm just flowing through a zero sum white collar life.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4400 on: October 20, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
Realized today I know a real life honest to God flat earther.

I'm friends with the "dumb girl" from my high school on FB mainly because she posts the dumbest imaginable shit, and she's all in on flat earth. Also: 4 kids from 4 dads, if you're looking for some dumb white girl booty action, Mups.
I'm gonna need to see pics first

« Reply #4401 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
SO I shared this with Chrono, but I had completely unexpected open heart surgery about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I went into urgent care thinking I had inhaled a lot of wildfire smoke on a long run, but ended getting admitted to the ER with mitral valve regurgitation. One of my hearts valve’s busted and my lung was filling with blood. No pain or anything, just felt like I had a bad cold. Spent a week in the hospital before coming home where I can’t drive, can’t lift more than ten pounds, etc. until November 8th. Aside from that my heart is super healthy, but gonna have to do cardiac rehab and relearn how to run. No marathons for me for a while. Crazy.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4402 on: October 21, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »
SO I shared this with Chrono, but I had completely unexpected open heart surgery about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I went into urgent care thinking I had inhaled a lot of wildfire smoke on a long run, but ended getting admitted to the ER with mitral valve regurgitation. One of my hearts valve’s busted and my lung was filling with blood. No pain or anything, just felt like I had a bad cold. Spent a week in the hospital before coming home where I can’t drive, can’t lift more than ten pounds, etc. until November 8th. Aside from that my heart is super healthy, but gonna have to do cardiac rehab and relearn how to run. No marathons for me for a while. Crazy.

:o

Glad you're doing OK.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4403 on: October 21, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »
glad you're fine and on the mend man, bless

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4404 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Damn Gundam. I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4405 on: October 21, 2017, 10:32:26 PM »
Whoa that's scary. Glad you're okay.
que

« Reply #4406 on: October 21, 2017, 11:12:00 PM »
I was super calm and relaxed about everything in the hospital. My wife and my parents were freaking out, id never seen my dad scared. Ever. That was unsettling. Prior to being admitted to cardiac ICU I hated needles and getting shots but I just accepted my fate once I was there. Need to put multiple IVs in me? Sure. Hardline blood pressure monitor in my right arm? Yeah, go for it. Gotta crack my chest open and repair my valve? Ok, that’s cool. Have fun.

However. Catheters are the fucking devil. I begged and pleaded with a nurse to not put one back in. Fuuuuck no. :lol

The hardest thing for me is that I get tired just walking around my house and the neighborhood. Stairs, hills and any sort of incline wipe me out and I need to take a nap. And I’ve got a big box pills I take twice a day. I’m normally super active. It’s tough feeling like an old man.
野球

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4407 on: October 22, 2017, 12:42:52 AM »
You'll get better. Best thing to do is come up with a plan where you have a lot of prescribed downtime and fitness goals. I've always been a fast healer and your doctors will probably be impressed with your progress too since you're young and healthy, but it's easy to get frustrated by your rate of progress when you just want to get back to normal life. I've had a lot of surgery recoveries and you're always going to go a little stir crazy while your body is still figuring out the order it was put back together.

And catheters be the devil.

jacob.armitage

« Reply #4408 on: October 22, 2017, 12:49:17 AM »
Well, i was going to post something stupid but instead i'll just say good luck w/ the recovery Mr. Gundam :).

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #4409 on: October 22, 2017, 12:55:00 AM »
I want to shave but have a big zit in near my chin.
Drunk

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4410 on: October 22, 2017, 01:18:26 AM »
Everything. And nothing.

Shit is hard to explain, but I'm not sure I'm a good place currently with various factors plugging in.

Scrooged

« Reply #4411 on: October 22, 2017, 02:11:01 AM »
Having a separate remote for my TV to adjust the volume.  I could probably get one of those fancy all-in-one things, but I'm too lazy to bother.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4412 on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:48 AM »
Fucked up my sleep schedule to follow forum drama. :stahp
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:07:13 AM by Rufus »

Tasty

« Reply #4413 on: October 22, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Didn't realize you have to manually transfer your save to the cloud when changing devices for Yugioh Duel Links. Fucking Konami. :maf

Pokemon Go and Pocket Morties just worked.

EarthBound64

« Reply #4414 on: October 22, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
GAF dying.
 :dizzy

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4415 on: October 22, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »
Gaf is leaking into ~*~muh safe space~*~ threads. Hashtag scared

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4416 on: October 22, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »
I'd be enjoying myself a lot more if it were just the regulars here making fun of gaf's current state.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4417 on: October 22, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »
Holy shit gundam, glad you're recovering well. I assume you're good and have people, but feel free to hit me up if any medication questions come up for you
dur

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4418 on: October 22, 2017, 08:20:44 PM »
I'd be enjoying myself a lot more if it were just the regulars here making fun of gaf's current state.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

« Reply #4419 on: October 22, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »
Holy shit gundam, glad you're recovering well. I assume you're good and have people, but feel free to hit me up if any medication questions come up for you

Ive got a great support system. My wife has been awesome, our friends are supportive and my parents have been up here a ton helping get our daughter to school while I’ve been recovering. We also have a close friend who is a pharmacist (at the University hospital I ended up going to for surgery) who has been incredibly helpful with random questions.

I’m not frustrated or angry or anything, but it’s pretty insane how the most basic activities sap me of any and all energy I might have. Looking forward to cardiac rehab in a couple weeks so I can start running again in the future.
野球

Clockwork

« Reply #4420 on: October 22, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
The torsion spring on my garage door snapped so I can't open the door.

Nobody that can fix it is open today.

My car is in the garage.

« Reply #4421 on: October 22, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
Walk? Public transit?
野球

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4422 on: October 22, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »
When you go for that third piece of greasy pepperoni and sausage pizza and instantly regret it when you realize you'll be holding the fart generated from it for the next hour and a half as you watch Steven Spielbergs Gremlins with this chick
:9

Cryo

« Reply #4423 on: October 22, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
My sleep schedule has been fucked ever since a halloween party from the past weekend, leading me to take my meds at inconsistent times of the day, leading to really awful brain zaps. Feeling like Chuck outchea

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4424 on: October 22, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »

... and you post this in the minor inconveniences thread? What are you gonna keep in store for the Struggles thread? A band of mutant pitts devoured your 4 limbs and it's kinda unfortunate?

Anyway, good it all went smoothly. Take care.

Dougstyles

« Reply #4425 on: October 22, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »
Had a carb cheat day yesterday and, as always, my guts have been a roiling ass cauldron all day. :stahp
~Afu

EarthBound64

« Reply #4426 on: October 22, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
Had a carb cheat day yesterday and, as always, my guts have been a roiling ass cauldron all day. :stahp

The Superdeep Borehole

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4427 on: October 23, 2017, 11:59:02 AM »
I want to shave but have a big zit in near my chin.

Holy shit! Dude, how did you make out during the hurricanes?
©ZH

TVC15

« Reply #4428 on: October 23, 2017, 12:16:20 PM »

I'm glad you're doing okay. That had to be a terrifying experience.

Now tell us more about the catheterization process and how it made you feel?
serge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4429 on: October 23, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »
Sending you good thoughts, Mr Gundam! Sorry that shit happened to you, glad to hear you're recovering well though.

TVC15

« Reply #4430 on: October 23, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »
Anyway, my struggle:

I had two small bowls of Kashi with whole milk and two cups of black sexy coffee and my ADHD medication. A half hour later I was bazooka vomiting in the work bathroom and the last couple spurts were bright red fluid. I guess that could have been coffee mixed with milk, but I had the coffee last, so it came out first, and it certainly didn't taste like coffee. My taste buds were pretty fried at that point. I spent about 20 minutes half assedly cleaning the work bathroom before quitting and letting the mexican cleaning people deal with when they come in. When I say "bazooka" I mean the floor and toilet were covered and it was all over the walls, too. I think I got most chunks taken care of, but it still looks like everything is covered in technicolored bodily fluids to a certain extent.
serge

Mochilador

« Reply #4431 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
BORE is not mobile friendly. =(

studyguy

« Reply #4432 on: October 23, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »
It was 102 today and I thought it was gonna be cold so I took a long sleeve to work. Whew.
pause

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4433 on: October 23, 2017, 09:58:53 PM »
BORE is not mobile friendly. =(

We argue that Tapatalk is the preferred mobile Bore experience, but Tapatalk is also shitty.  :-\

El Babua

« Reply #4434 on: October 23, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Glad you're OK Gundam! Get better!

And yeah, Tapatalk never clicked with me.

Beezy

« Reply #4435 on: October 23, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »
I'm hoping this is a minor inconvenience, but my cat made this unusual wail about two hours ago and hasn't seemed to be himself since. He hasn't made another noise, he reacts really slowly or not at all when we call his name, and his hind legs seem really weak when he walks. He actually hasn't moved much since. I'm gonna go into work late or call out completely tomorrow so that I can take him to the vet in the morning.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4436 on: October 23, 2017, 11:31:44 PM »
Dude, hope it's ok.
My cat did the same thing and ran under a shelf on three legs and stayed there a good long while. I gave him some food and waited til morning. Next day, he was as good as ever. Hope that's the case here.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4437 on: October 24, 2017, 12:47:50 AM »
Working late tonight. Instead of Anaplan I keep typing Analplan.
que

hampster

« Reply #4438 on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:30 AM »
Fucked up my sleep schedule to follow forum drama. :stahp

This is happening again :stahp
Zzz

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4439 on: October 24, 2017, 01:41:56 AM »
I’ve really never understood what’s so bad about just using safari on iOS :yeshrug