Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894232 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4200 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »
... that's altogether possible

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4201 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:48 AM »
Speaking of ass, the stray cats in my neighborhood have decided to start using fecal marking to show that the space under my deck is "theirs." The smell seems to move about and prowl, a beast itself, difficult to locate but always nearby, stalking.

I am going to kick that tomcat in its oversized balls if I find it.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4202 on: September 21, 2017, 02:41:03 AM »
Get your dick out and pee all over the deck, problem solved!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4203 on: September 21, 2017, 02:41:39 AM »
Get your dick out and pee all over the deck, problem solved!

But then the neighbors will fear me.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4204 on: September 21, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »
Juuuuuuuust figured out, after years of falling asleep in class, that competently taught material makes me sleepy, but people who speak badly, aren't prepared, and present poorly make me so angry that I pay attention enough to criticize their shitty efforts. Hence: I am engaged with the material.  :-\

I'm going to have to train myself off this habit, now that I'd noticed it.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4205 on: September 21, 2017, 07:55:40 AM »
Juuuuuuuust figured out, after years of falling asleep in class, that competently taught material makes me sleepy, but people who speak badly, aren't prepared, and present poorly make me so angry that I pay attention enough to criticize their shitty efforts. Hence: I am engaged with the material.  :-\

I'm going to have to train myself off this habit, now that I'd noticed it.
This was actually brought up in a leadership course I took at work not too long ago when they were going over learning styles.  I always knew I had trouble learning from lectures, but didn't realize I was actually engaged when I didn't like the person and would criticize and make fun of them in my mind.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4206 on: September 21, 2017, 08:17:14 AM »
you guyyyyyss shuuuuuttttt upppppppp

stop giving away my secrets

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4207 on: September 21, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
you guyyyyyss shuuuuuttttt upppppppp

stop giving away my secrets

You probably just read that in Art of the Deal.
©@©™

Beezy

« Reply #4208 on: September 21, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
Last week my boss mentioned that I would be getting a promotion and showed me what my new salary would be, which worked out to a 17% increase. This week I was told that it'll only be 8.5% because of some bullshit our HR director said which doesn't really make sense. I'm still happy for the increase, but I'm annoyed by the bullshit.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4209 on: September 21, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »
Last week my boss mentioned that I would be getting a promotion and showed me what my new salary would be, which worked out to a 17% increase. This week I was told that it'll only be 8.5% because of some bullshit our HR director said which doesn't really make sense. I'm still happy for the increase, but I'm annoyed by the bullshit.
I'd be pissed that my boss was giving me numbers he hadn't gotten approved yet. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4210 on: September 21, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »
Weirdest and briefest meeting with a doctor I ever had, but he seemed to think unless the bleeding repeats I have nothing to worry about

benjipwns

« Reply #4211 on: September 21, 2017, 10:42:24 PM »
My doctor once said something similar, next thing you know his practice burns down. Stay safe out there.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4212 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:16 PM »
I'd be pissed that my boss was giving me numbers he hadn't gotten approved yet.

Yeah, the 2nd-worst job I ever had did that to me on the hiring interview. They told me one number to get me to leave my current company, I gave notice, and the new company reduced their written offer 10% from the verbal. It was, in the end, one of the least damning offenses they inflicted. The more robust ones involved unquestionably breaking federal law.

Beezy, can you argue for a mid-term bump to what was promised? Like, if HR's policy is that the 17% exceeds company norms, but could the rules support an 8.5% annual raise, and another 8.5% six months from now for competency or competitiveness?

Bebpo

« Reply #4213 on: September 22, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
I hate scrubbing bathtubs with bleach, stuff fucks my sinuses up and gets me sick from inflammation. Was working with a plumber in there for a few hours on a leak and as always made a gross mess in the tub so after he left scrubbed it clean with all windows open and rinsed out sinuses after. Hopefully not sick tonight/tomorrow from this! ><

This is why I have a nice maid who normally does it each month!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4214 on: September 22, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »
Got my new audio setup, but now everything is making me paranoid that something is wrong with it. I'm driving myself insane. Last night i was watching The Vietnam War and explosions would cause a crackle. I had to pause everything to check all the wiring and it was still happening. It wasn't until i played it on my phone and laptop this morning that i realized the crackle was in the source audio. Now i was navigating through the Xbox one menu and it has a slight crackle when changing tabs or apps. I started to go nuts again until i realized if it was doing the same thing through my tv speakers then its not my speakers or receiver. Sure enough it is doing the same thing with the tv speakers. After googling around its apparently been an issue since like 2014 with the x1. I never fucking noticed until now.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4215 on: September 22, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »
welcome to the world of hi-fi. Hope you enjoy re-calibrating everything every weekend just for the fuck of it. Also, you're not a real jedi if you didn't cable those speakers yourself.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4216 on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:23 PM »
Got my new audio setup, but now everything is making me paranoid that something is wrong with it. I'm driving myself insane. Last night i was watching The Vietnam War and explosions would cause a crackle. I had to pause everything to check all the wiring and it was still happening. It wasn't until i played it on my phone and laptop this morning that i realized the crackle was in the source audio. Now i was navigating through the Xbox one menu and it has a slight crackle when changing tabs or apps. I started to go nuts again until i realized if it was doing the same thing through my tv speakers then its not my speakers or receiver. Sure enough it is doing the same thing with the tv speakers. After googling around its apparently been an issue since like 2014 with the x1. I never fucking noticed until now.

Welcome to the hell that audiophiles face every day.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4217 on: September 22, 2017, 11:00:52 PM »
Damn it. And now i can't stop thinking about my sub. I was sure 2 8's would be good but now I keep wondering how good a 15 would sound.

And every time the bass goes off and i hear a rattle I rewind so i can track it down and fix whatever it is. So far its all crap on my shelves and stuff. And of course i wired up everything myself!

I got everything last Wednesday and I'm sure I've calibrated this fucking system 15 times. Toe in the speakers. Recalibrate. Put them back forward. Recalibrate. Move them 3 inches forward. Recalibrate. Move the couches two inches left. Recalibrate.

benjipwns

« Reply #4218 on: September 23, 2017, 12:17:27 AM »
Damn it. And now i can't stop thinking about my sub. I was sure 2 8's would be good but now I keep wondering how good a 15 would sound.
:phil

oh wait...speakers...right, exactly what i was thinking, that's what the phil is for, no misunderstanding here

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4219 on: September 23, 2017, 12:22:06 AM »

And every time the bass goes off and i hear a rattle I rewind so i can track it down and fix whatever it is. So far its all crap on my shelves and stuff. And of course i wired up everything myself!

I got everything last Wednesday and I'm sure I've calibrated this fucking system 15 times. Toe in the speakers. Recalibrate. Put them back forward. Recalibrate. Move them 3 inches forward. Recalibrate. Move the couches two inches left. Recalibrate.

Shoulda got the one 15 fam. Put it in a discreet corner and look up the sweet spot crossover range with your other speakers. Then bless up.

Hell you could have got a nice 12' too.

Tasty

« Reply #4220 on: September 23, 2017, 04:58:58 AM »
Got slightly intoxicated and somehow got reminded about a 7th grade party I was awkward at and now I'm nostalgic for it, what the fuck. And somehow early 2000s pop-rock is playing now too. Ugh.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4221 on: September 23, 2017, 05:49:55 AM »
Got slightly intoxicated and somehow got reminded about a 7th grade party I was awkward at and now I'm nostalgic for it, what the fuck. And somehow early 2000s pop-rock is playing now too. Ugh.
7th grade disco was one of the coolest things, especially because this song was popular when I was in 7th grade and was played all the time. Almost 20 years later and it's still cool!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4222 on: September 23, 2017, 06:22:33 AM »

Shoulda got the one 15 fam. Put it in a discreet corner and look up the sweet spot crossover range with your other speakers. Then bless up.

Hell you could have got a nice 12' too.
Oh i am definitely still getting my 15. I've got its cute little corner all picked out

WaveRacer 64

« Reply #4223 on: September 24, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »
7th grade disco was one of the coolest things, especially because this song was popular when I was in 7th grade and was played all the time. Almost 20 years later and it's still cool!

The video is so cringe worthy though, even back in the 2000's, I always thought they German's because of that but they're actually Finns. Very hard to watch now.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4224 on: September 25, 2017, 06:28:16 PM »
Oh man, Bomfunk MC's... definitely takes me back to my college days. This song was one of the few dance songs that actually got play in the seedy nightclubs of downtown Buffalo (which mostly played rap):

^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4225 on: September 25, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
Anyways, struggle for the day -

We have a new client that we're doing Accounts Payable Automation for - and it's a wine distributor. So I had to go to their site to access their VPN and it was blocked by the corporate firewall for being "alcohol and tobacco related"  :P
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4226 on: September 27, 2017, 12:59:13 AM »
my diet has really gone to shit and I've gained some weight back because i'm a lazy bum so as a part of working on that I got some of that pre-made coffee Soylent stuff for breakfasts at work. it feels like a bit of a personal failure but maybe it'll be good.. :-\

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4227 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »
Yeah a lot of it is work stress and various other little things. But the wife and I are gonna keep each other in check and I'm going back to veggie shakes for lunch and stuff. Stress or not, I won't let my weight get out of control again. As lazy as I am about keeping my diet in check sometimes, I'm much more lazy about the idea of working to get it all off again so it's far easier to stick to eating well.

bluemax

« Reply #4228 on: September 28, 2017, 12:51:49 AM »
Got a job offer for a better job than my current one. Now have to figure out how to tell a place that I've only been at for four months (that isn't that terrible) that I'm out.
NO

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4229 on: September 28, 2017, 04:49:46 AM »
Got a job offer for a better job than my current one. Now have to figure out how to tell a place that I've only been at for four months (that isn't that terrible) that I'm out.

This is definitely the right thread for that situation.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4230 on: September 28, 2017, 07:16:52 AM »

"It's not you, it's me"

?

bluemax

« Reply #4231 on: September 29, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »

"It's not you, it's me"

?

I literally said that when speaking to the "Director of Talent". Right now none of my co-workers know I'm leaving, and I know some are gonna be pissed, but the reality is this just isn't the work situation I was promised or want to be in. I got offered a position with a higher title (I get to be a SENIOR officially for the first time in my career) and more focused role, while right now I mostly feel squandered.

I was out drinking with a bunch people from work tonight and we all griped about the project and the company, it probably won't be that shocking when they find out, but yeah.

I shouldn't be having anxiety about this, but I guess that's what living with anxiety is.
NO

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4232 on: September 29, 2017, 06:21:56 AM »
Going to jail for hitting a woman with my car while drunk
每天生气

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4233 on: September 29, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
 :-X :o :-\

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4234 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »

*whew*

Do you know how long you're going to be in for?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4235 on: September 29, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »
How is the woman?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4236 on: September 29, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
That's more than a minor inconvenience.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4237 on: September 29, 2017, 10:34:36 AM »
The milks gone bad

skullstorm

« Reply #4238 on: September 29, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »

Good.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4239 on: September 29, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »
A mosquito bit me right between the middle and ringfinger. Halp :stahp

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4240 on: September 29, 2017, 06:18:23 PM »

Okay I'll ask since PD is too scared.

Does she do black guys?
:gurl

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4241 on: September 29, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »
Why do you care so much

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4242 on: September 29, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
I heard you need friends dufus,

Well, here we are

shosta

« Reply #4243 on: September 29, 2017, 08:43:41 PM »
looks like I'm gaining weight :/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:35:51 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4244 on: September 29, 2017, 11:20:19 PM »

*whew*

Do you know how long you're going to be in for?

Is your victim badly injured?

anywhere from a few months to two years max

shosta

« Reply #4245 on: September 30, 2017, 02:36:33 AM »
Extremely superficial injuries
每天生气

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4246 on: September 30, 2017, 04:14:47 AM »
No use crying over spilt milk.

agrajag

« Reply #4247 on: September 30, 2017, 11:24:31 PM »

Good.

Why do you think it's good that he hit a woman with his car while drunk, you monster?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4248 on: October 01, 2017, 03:20:39 AM »
Nvm
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:04:18 PM by Valkyrie »

skullstorm

« Reply #4249 on: October 01, 2017, 06:25:19 AM »

Good.

Why do you think it's good that he hit a woman with his car while drunk, you monster?

:trumps

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4250 on: October 02, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
I don't have water or internet at my house because the guy who was supposed to put in a new power line to my house or whatever knocked both of them out when he was digging.

Apparently the paint lines, marking where to dig, that some other guy drew last week weren't correct.

Fuck. Just what I need 2 days before my staycation.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4251 on: October 02, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »
Was he digging with hand tools or a backhoe?

Usually these things are marked underground with a layer of white sand..

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4252 on: October 02, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »
Backhoe.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4253 on: October 02, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »
Wife took a short nap on my shoulder. After a while I start browsing my phone and she wakes up to me looking at this
https://i.imgur.com/ut3sYWj.gifv

It would have been better if it had been porn
que

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #4254 on: October 03, 2017, 12:21:54 AM »
I just arrived in Bakersfield for two days if nonstop meetings. Not a struggle since I got some whiskey for the first time in months.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a lie, it's fireball shooters.
[close]

Backhoe.

There should be at least a 3 foot gap between water and power lines. Being as close as it was, the guy should have known better than to dig with a backhoe but this type of thing happens all the time.

Flush your water for a bit after they turn it on.  They're gonna have to chlorinate it.

spaceotter69

« Reply #4255 on: October 03, 2017, 01:19:09 AM »
I was incredibly bored this weekend, so I entertained this fly-by-night "consulting" group (and pleasured myself) by going to two/three! different interviews.

They advertised themselves as a marketing and sales consulting firm, but really they just do business to business sales with uverse. You know the type, commission only, all travel, no benefits. They (him?) have multiple listings on every job site with different job titles. Anyway, they(her?) called me and the shitty office park it was   located at, behind the red lobster :-X , was nearby costco  so why not. :doge

I tried my best, to be shitty, I really did. Poorly formatted resume, two pages in fact when it could clearly could have fit on one, typos, etc. I even changed my name from the first one to the second one I printed! I came in with shirts and pants that didn't fit (losing weight boooooooooys) and a horrendous tie knot. I mean it wasn't straight nor was it long enough. My socks had clearly visible holes nor were my shoes polished. I looked like shit,well as shitty as I can possibly be considering I do have a gorgeous face.

Interview one was five minutes with a weasel faced mother fucker. He literally told me nothing about the company, and my eyes glazed over as verbose corporate leet speak oozed out of his fucking face. So naturally I said yes when he told me to come in for another HOUR interview. He didn't ask me anything about what I did or why I want to sell things. It was just things at this point. WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SELL. AM I CONSULTING< TRAINING WHAT IS Happening

Round two: I met with a top sales member (I thought it was consulting or something>) and when I saw him, I actually felt shitty this time. His suit didn't fit either, and I don't think on purpose. He was also really short, tragic. He opens also with this sob story about his family and working and stuff. I told him too I want to provide for my family. Side note, I run a family business with my Dad. I am not poor. I do not need this job.I do provide. They didn't even ask about it, I put it on the second fake resume! Plot twist I am a broker, I actually sell things. After talking about the importance of the nuclear family, he whips out a shitty pornographic  and talks about how in six month I can have my own corner office and 4 stupid fucks to abuse so I can get their commissions.  Maybe If I can convince  enough gullible people, the chronic unemployed, and actually desperate people, I too could make 50K. The commission structure was abusive and absurd. Giving the hours they wanted, If I didn't sell I would make well below minimum wage or you know, nothing. Working for free really, and if I do sell, most of it doesn't go to me. It's the American dream.

Third interview is where I met weasel face where he confirms I wouldn't get befits or salary or a corner office. So naturally after again, not going over my credentials at all asks if I can start tomorrow. I said yes (:teehee)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:23:15 AM by spaceotter69 »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4256 on: October 03, 2017, 07:57:06 AM »
you are a masochist!

Bebpo

« Reply #4257 on: October 03, 2017, 11:02:39 PM »
Inflation sucks.
HoA keeps going up every year.
Property tax keeps going up by 2% every year valuing my place valuing my place at way more than I bought it 6 years ago and paying taxes on that higher amount, meanwhile by the time I sell it who knows if it'll have dropped in value, so I'll have paid increased taxes on an increased value of property that I never got the benefit of.
Health insurance premiums and deductibles go up every year.
etc...
Even Carls Jr now costs $10 for a burger/fries/drink combo wtf, I had to check my receipt when I got one the other day for the first time in a while. I remember when a fast food burger/fries/drink combo was like $5/6. At least Taco Bell & In-N-Out are still cheap.

It's like, nothing's changed but now this year's expenses will cost like $1,000 more than last for no reason and it happens every year, so it's like unless you make more money each year, you just end up with less money each year because everything else keeps going up. Kinda annoying.

Beezy

« Reply #4258 on: October 03, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
I have flat feet.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4259 on: October 04, 2017, 01:52:40 AM »
This house is over 100 years old and perfect for enjoying rain on the window. But last night there was a storm and it sounded like the windows in my bedroom were gonna burst. Haven't slept well because I kept waking up. It was real fuckin loud. 😭