Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 894238 times)

EVOL

Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4500 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:19 AM »
Fucking migraines demolishing all plans for a weekend.

Sudden feelings of intense emptiness. I have no idea why I get these, I tried to identify the triggers but I can't find out what causes them. I only know that they make me feel shit for a few days before I get better.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #4501 on: October 30, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
Got to wait a month until I can begin roofie'ing myself every night for narcolepsy treatment.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4502 on: October 30, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »
My mother removed all my childhood pictures in the house and replaced them with images of my five months old niece  :crybaby

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4503 on: October 30, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »
Photoshop your face on your niece and slowly replace the photos one by one.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4504 on: October 30, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
You know, if I had the necessary skills, I'd actually do it. It'd be a fitting Halloween surprise :rash

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4505 on: October 30, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »
My mother removed all my childhood pictures in the house and replaced them with images of my five months old niece  :crybaby

Get someone pregnant so she can replace the niece pics with pics of your child
:rejoice

#Fatherhood2018

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4506 on: October 30, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
literally taken no holiday all year due to projects at work, and the current one i'm working on has a go-live date of 1 jan, but am getting emails from hr saying i need to take some leave as it's a health and safety issue otherwise. if i take leave now though the project is fucked  :'(

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4507 on: October 30, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »
Your health is way more important than a project. Stress can kill; please take better care of yourself.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4508 on: October 30, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »
literally taken no holiday all year due to projects at work, and the current one i'm working on has a go-live date of 1 jan, but am getting emails from hr saying i need to take some leave as it's a health and safety issue otherwise. if i take leave now though the project is fucked  :'(

bad management is what fucked the project, take time off

the management could have been better but i have some sympathy and not gonna put the blame on them entirely although having more resource would be nice. basically i'm advising a a huge multinational on a new tax regime being introduced in the middle east and the governments have been awful at getting info out to businesses. so you go from things kinda going ok, then suddenly some new info is published and it's all hands on deck figuring out commercial, operational and it/systems issues and solutions

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4509 on: October 30, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
Dude, I went through this during the summer. Take the time. believe me, by prolonging it you're just putting off a larger disaster. Take the time.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4510 on: October 30, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »

#Fatherhood2018
Trying to tell us something PD? :hitler
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4511 on: October 30, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »

#Fatherhood2018
Trying to tell us something PD? :hitler

:hitler

We'll see. 2018 is going to be different, that's for sure. I'm in a bit of a personal jam but see a way out, I'm getting old so I might as well take it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4512 on: October 30, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
don't let this nicca lie to y'all

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4513 on: October 30, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
Three that we know about.  BTW, when are we getting more pics of little Harry, Hermine, and Daniel Dumile Jr.?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4514 on: October 30, 2017, 08:04:14 PM »
don't let this nicca lie to y'all

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4515 on: October 31, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »
RAM prices are fucking absurd, with no end in sight. 16GB of DDR4 is now as expensive as a good CPU. :maf

Snoopycat_

« Reply #4516 on: October 31, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
I want to change the channel but the remote is over there

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #4517 on: October 31, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »
Dude, I went through this during the summer. Take the time. believe me, by prolonging it you're just putting off a larger disaster. Take the time.
welp got a follow up email saying it's a legal requirement apparently for me take at least 20 days off, have booked off all of december #comeatme

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #4518 on: October 31, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »
grew up loving bombay mix, never had raisins in it after all these years of eating and now as an adult i cant find a bag without raisins in it and have to dig them out like panning for gold.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4519 on: October 31, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
Aced my two years due microbiology exam. Id rather shitpost on the forums...  :yuck

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4520 on: November 01, 2017, 06:11:08 AM »
woke up and promptly passed out as soon as I got out of bed.

sinxtanx

« Reply #4521 on: November 01, 2017, 08:27:41 AM »
the common cold

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4522 on: November 03, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
Listening to coworkers seriously discuss that divine intervention helped the Astros win the World Series.

Houston received 51 inches of rain  during Harvey.  Final game was 5-1.  OMG

I mean, what does this say about God's power?  I guess it's cool that he can control a baseball game.  Too bad he can't control the fucking weather.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4523 on: November 03, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
Hey Mupepe, please post more on the forums! :'(

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4524 on: November 03, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »
Too tired to function. Not tired enough to take a nap :brazilcry
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #4525 on: November 03, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »
Hey Mupepe, please post more on the forums! :'(
I'll try, buddy.  Been pretty busy lately though.  You can always PM me :)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4526 on: November 03, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »
Listening to coworkers seriously discuss that divine intervention helped the Astros win the World Series.

Houston received 51 inches of rain  during Harvey.  Final game was 5-1.  OMG

I mean, what does this say about God's power?  I guess it's cool that he can control a baseball game.  Too bad he can't control the fucking weather.

Obligatory

Freaky Fred

« Reply #4527 on: November 03, 2017, 11:25:38 PM »
Last night the girl and I ate a bunch of Buffalo Wild Wings. I hadnt been to bdubs in a while so I got the hotter flavors I used to enjoy. This morning I spent about 25 minutes taking an uncomfortable, super muddy poop. One of those poops I describe as "mud on the tires", since, when you go to wipe the first time you have no traction and your TP just glides across your buttcrack and barely accomplishes anything.

So I figured, "why wipe, I'm hopping in the shower immediately anyways"

I realized I was running late from the extended period of time spewing slimy, mucous poop, so I took a really fast shower. I didnt realize until later, but i never did get around to washing my butthole. Got to work, did a few tasks, sat down outside and felt a wetness. I brushed it off as me being in a rush and not drying off completely before I got dressed and hurried to work (I live 5 mins away) and lit up a smoke. When I went to get up after my smoke, I notice my boxers clinging to my buttcheek.

That's when I realized what was happening.

I hustled in to the bathroom, yanked my pants down and was greeted with a large (maybe the size of a brownie) poop stain on my boxers. "Not again" I sighed, as I fully removed my drawers and attempted to wipe off the peanut butter colored stain on my underwear. I managed to wipe off maybe 60% of the stain, then grabbed some damp paper towels and went to work removing the crusty stain on my left buttcheek, and even used them to dig deep into my ass to make sure it was sparkling clean.  I started washing my underwear in the sink, and as I was standing there, completely nude from the waist down except my socks and shoes I had a weird feeling of vulnerability. It's strange to be pantsless while still wearing shoes. I didn't like it.

Anyways I finished rinsing my underwear, gave it a quick dry, and put them back on and went back to work. Everyone was looking at me (we only have one bathroom) as I walked out, and asked what happened. I explained and everyone said "why wouldn't you just throw your underwear away?" I didn't have a good answer, but asked my coworker to febreeze me so I wouldn't smell like a wet barn animal the rest of the day, then I febreezed inside my pants down my backside (I wasn't going to ask someone else to do that. Anyways I went back to work then realized I was still kind of smelly. Everyone else confirmed my suspicions, so I went back in the bathroom and tossed out my underwear and went commando the rest of the day.

So yea, I got mud on the tires, didn't wipe, and spent my morning smelling pretty bad.
yuck

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4528 on: November 04, 2017, 02:29:08 AM »
Please leave.

agrajag

« Reply #4529 on: November 04, 2017, 02:30:24 AM »
i never did get around to washing my butthole

We've truly become GAF 2.0

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4530 on: November 04, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Made plans all week for a romantic camping trip with the wife. Wake up, after months of the valley being bone dry, it's raining shittons.
que

Freaky Fred

« Reply #4531 on: November 04, 2017, 01:35:36 PM »
Got told to leave by someone with an anime avatar after sharing a very personal experience on thebore.com
yuck

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4532 on: November 04, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
That’s not true, they asked nicely.  Wash ur butt

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4533 on: November 04, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Made plans all week for a romantic camping trip with the wife. Wake up, after months of the valley being bone dry, it's raining shittons.
Make love in the rain. :uguu

Corporal

« Reply #4534 on: November 04, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
Sharing a sleeping bag while it's raining outside. Ro. Man. Tic. :swoon

Amazon didn't ship MariO to me in time for the weekend. Not like I have time to play it for more than like ten minutes, but that new game smell! And dammit, ten minutes would have been better than nothing.
!list

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4535 on: November 04, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
I dropped my iPhone on the asphalt while jogging late August. I was lucky the display only had some minor scratches.

But today I dropped it again at home and even tho it fell squarely on its back, those minor scratches developed into some mean fissures. Touchscreen still works but I'm sure the next drop will completly destroy the screen.

Now I wish I'd coughed up the bucks for AppleCare+  :-\

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4536 on: November 04, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »
Negative terminal on my car cracked in half while I was installing my sub at the local park. Trying to get it back on was a pain since it would spark while I tried to get the terminal on with one side drooping. You could see the bolt on one side changing color since it was arcing a little. Fucking electricity.
:9

Tasty

« Reply #4537 on: November 04, 2017, 08:47:33 PM »
Started my new job this week and installed a personal site blocker on my work computer specifically to block thebore.com. Not really a struggle or anything but it's crazy how much "Cmd+T, type 't', enter" is ingrained in my muscle memory when I'm bored. Apparently I tried to hit up the Bore by accident 37 times Mon-Fri. :lol

Anyways so yeah expect less posts from me going forward. :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4538 on: November 05, 2017, 12:31:30 AM »
I dropped my iPhone on the asphalt while jogging late August. I was lucky the display only had some minor scratches.

But today I dropped it again at home and even tho it fell squarely on its back, those minor scratches developed into some mean fissures. Touchscreen still works but I'm sure the next drop will completly destroy the screen.

Yeah, when you've got a new iPhone, it's worth the $100 for the additional "bonehead" coverage. When I was buying my first iPhone, I saw so many people in the Apple Store who had washed it, gone swimming with it, rolled a car over it, left it on top of their car… and the clerks just replaced it straight up for anyone who had AppleCare Plus.

agrajag

« Reply #4539 on: November 05, 2017, 01:22:59 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4540 on: November 05, 2017, 01:29:48 AM »

you could get a squaretrade policy and just file a claim down the line. Also fwiw I've run over my iPhone with my car before and despite being decimated the touchscreen still worked, albiet this was a 3g or 4 or something

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4541 on: November 05, 2017, 01:54:38 AM »
Probably mentioned earlier — My ISP has been fucking with my bandwidth every weekend for the last five weeks. I'm getting 7Mbps down, 40 up.

Hopefully posting in the TRIUMPH thread later this month when we switch to a new ISP, but I'm still pissed off at the laggy, craptacular way streaming video is currently behaving.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4542 on: November 05, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »
you could get a squaretrade policy and just file a claim down the line. Also fwiw I've run over my iPhone with my car before and despite being decimated the touchscreen still worked, albiet this was a 3g or 4 or something

I Don't think squaretrade products are available where I come from, tho I could look into similar domestic policies.

Touchscreen still works so there's no hurry for now. Still, I'd rather cough up the 200 bucks for a new display before buying a new one. I don't need a new model every year or two. So if I manage to stretch it to three years without killing it, it'll still be cheaper than buying a new phone.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4543 on: November 07, 2017, 03:30:04 AM »

Wow, throwback. It's been forever since I've listened to Del. (This post is also my minor inconvenience)
每天生气

Corporal

« Reply #4544 on: November 07, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »
The canned tuna I bought yesterday turned out to be the type with veggies in tomato sauce, which isn't bad per se, but also not the "in oil" kind I needed for a recipe. So now I have to eat a can of delicious nature-destroying relabelled dolphin in tomato sauce instead of having to cook.

My life truly is harsh beyond measure.
!list

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4545 on: November 07, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »
When did "Acoustic Music" come to mean "boring music"?
I decided to check out the acoustic music scene the last 2 weeks and it's just people taking songs playing them 2x as slow and 2x as dramatic. WTF?
Maybe I should start an acoustic band to set it back right.
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4546 on: November 07, 2017, 02:33:57 PM »
I decided to check out the acoustic music scene the last 2 weeks and it's just people taking songs playing them 2x as slow and 2x as dramatic. WTF?

:lawd

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #4547 on: November 07, 2017, 04:02:17 PM »
Girlfriend coming to my place tomorrow and i had to do some tidying.  :-\

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4548 on: November 07, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »

Check out Bernhoft

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #4549 on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
Coming down with something. My tongue is a little swollen. Everytime I talk its like my tongue is swirling some double chinned balloon knot.
:9

Freaky Fred

« Reply #4550 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
Shaking it off doesn't do it for me anymore.

Every time I pee I have to dab it with a paper towel or TP otherwise I get droplets on my shorts

What gives?
yuck

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #4551 on: November 07, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
Shaking it off doesn't do it for me anymore.

Every time I pee I have to dab it with a paper towel or TP otherwise I get droplets on my shorts

What gives?

Old and used is my theory, like a hose with kinks. Also possible I have modified standards for hygiene now I'm older since there is a non-zero chance for impromptu blowjobs in my life.

Pro-tip: I can get away with not dabbing e.g. when using a urinal, and avoiding drops by running a finger from the base of where the urethra is accessible beneath the sack - to the tip, really expelling any remaining drops hanging out, followed by a pull forward vs shake. Simply shaking is for scrubs, obviously you will get drops on your pants just slinging that hose around.
◕‿◕

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4552 on: November 07, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Just jack off into the urinal, the cum will clean the piss out

naff

« Reply #4553 on: November 07, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
Fuck, that was the same spaz that intentionally didnt bother wiping his ass, then forgot to when using the shower (still fucking gross, unless you bleach the shower floor afterward). wth man. lrn 2 hygiene
◕‿◕

Freaky Fred

« Reply #4554 on: November 07, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
I admit, smearing my undies was gross, but I can't help if my penis drips after I'm done

I think using a tissue to dab it before pulling up my trousers is practicing good hygiene
yuck

naff

« Reply #4555 on: November 07, 2017, 09:44:38 PM »
I agree, and I know at least PD does too  :itagaki
◕‿◕

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4556 on: November 07, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »
your ancestors didn't have to worry about that shit

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4557 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Yeah, just dab it dry. Like civilized people.

I'm gonna have to try the taint squeezing method though, just to see if it actually works.

agrajag

« Reply #4558 on: November 08, 2017, 09:49:26 AM »
taint squeezing  :lawd

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4559 on: November 08, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
:piss :piss2