Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535384 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Why so Syrias, Kosma?
« Reply #780 on: September 04, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »
U can b whoever u want to b, it's the internet

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #781 on: September 04, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »
Title change

:dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
were I more callous man with Photoshop skills....
[close]
It's not even marginally funny.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #782 on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
Yeah, it's Syriasly not funny. Fucking OP. :maf

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #783 on: September 04, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »
whoever changed the title ain't shit
:dead

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #784 on: September 04, 2015, 08:59:24 PM »
U can b whoever u want to b, it's the internet

Then I choose to be you.   :-*

Anyways my struggle today went like so:  I accidentally code-switched into Russian today in front of a respectable client who drives a Porsche 911 GT3 with a 'Don't re-nig in 2012' bumper sticker in the front window.  This combined with forgetting to take off my hammer and cycle broach last week makes me worry that he might think I'm left-leaning.   To relieve the stress, I got on my bike with a hand crafted German gear system and Dutch-cis gendered frame and as I was biking - at my 11th current record time - my Mio Energy kicks in and knocks me off my rhythm, causing the Budenovka I was wearing to fall into my spokes sending me flying face first right into my client's/mob boss's big tittied side-dish, who then, thankfully, murdered me.  I think this is all because mommy didn't love me.

Kara

« Reply #785 on: September 04, 2015, 10:37:59 PM »
You forgot dad too. :bolo

:dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead
[close]

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #786 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:53 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #787 on: September 05, 2015, 12:14:10 AM »
congrats on getting laid

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #788 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:27 AM »

Rocky Road :lawd

Kara

« Reply #789 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »
congrats on getting laid

:dead thread is on fire today

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #790 on: September 05, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »
I don't want to live in a world where you can't make jokes about dead Syrian kids.

Oh wait, yeah I do. :goty
[close]
dog

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #791 on: September 05, 2015, 12:39:33 AM »
congrats on getting laid

Kara

Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #792 on: September 05, 2015, 12:48:33 AM »
I don't want to live in a world where you can't make jokes about dead Syrian kids.

Oh wait, yeah I do. :goty
[close]

Israeli bad, I know.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #793 on: September 05, 2015, 01:19:03 AM »
Oman, Kuwait it now. 

Kara

« Reply #794 on: September 05, 2015, 01:45:12 AM »
I'd just like to say that I'm Saudi that Iran past the limits of good taste.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #795 on: September 05, 2015, 02:37:56 AM »

You still have my vote, Hillary.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #796 on: September 05, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »
Working on Saturdays

Having to be here before 7 AM

:stahp

Fucking Dragon-Con going right around here  :punch

Fucking wait times just to get on the escalator  :gun
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:33:56 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #797 on: September 05, 2015, 01:59:37 PM »
Having to work on saturday :goty
Having to work on Sunday :goty
having to work through labor day :goty

At least I can see the end of the project from here.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #798 on: September 05, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »
Grad student; I work 7 days a week.

Your struggle :piss2

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #799 on: September 05, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
Well, I made it through the mass of obese superheroes and power rangers and got on a train going home unscathed.  I really need to take off when Dragon Con starts...so I can avoid it.

Perhaps the saddest scene was one lone man looking down at his massive gut and patting it affectionately.
ど助平

Kara

« Reply #800 on: September 05, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Perhaps the saddest scene was one lone man looking down at his massive gut and patting it affectionately.

My hero. :american

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #801 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
Got up around 5AM and thought I heard the shower on. Walked out my room and realized the washing machine hose had burst, and the laundry room was flooding. Luckily the water had seemingly only been spraying for a few minutes or else I would have been fuuucked. The water was spraying directly at the one angle I could use to get behind the washing machine quickly, so I got soaked before I could turn the water off. Cleaned up the mess, said fuck it and went to bed.

Woke up around 1PM and put my handy man XP to use. Thankfully the water pipes are fine, only the hot and cold hoses blew. Removed the broken hose connector, which had seemingly rusted to shit and thus took awhile. Headed to Home Depot to buy two hoses - stainless steel, it looks like it'll last. Connected it, turned the water back on...no leak
:whew

Seemingly no water damage, although some water got into the furnace. Overall what could have been a weekend long repair job costing hundreds of dollars (depending on if I could do it myself or call a plumber) turned out to only cost me $21 (for the hoses). Thank you based god. Lord knows I'm not about that welding life, so glad I didn't have to do shit but change the hose.
:lawd

Kara

« Reply #802 on: September 05, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »

My hero. :american

Don't you weigh like 130 lbs?

UGH I wish.

Cuz it'd make climbing easier.
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #803 on: September 05, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
Turns out the water must have gotten into the water heater and knocked out the pilot light; didn't realize it until early in the evening when I finally took a shower. Headed to the dollar store (didn't see Dollar Store Girl tho), picked up one of those long lighters, went home and lit the pilot light with ease.

The only way this weekend can get more manly is if I get laid. Might call Dollar Store Girl... :brazilcry

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #804 on: September 05, 2015, 11:09:23 PM »
I dunno, it sounds like you've had bad luck with a really good ending to the problem you're having.

So you should call the girl up and see what happens
 :cody
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:49:18 AM by mormapope »
OH!

Barraco Barner

« Reply #805 on: September 06, 2015, 12:27:41 PM »
I made that Wire joke earlier, but I found out yesterday that one of my colleagues previously taught in Baltimore schools, considers our current placement a nightmare, and is eager to bolt from here and go back.

I'm not sure which smiley to use to represent my predicament.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #806 on: September 06, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
Some how I managed to fall a sleep with Nami's 2 inch by 4 inch cow leg bone under my pillow.  My neck is totally sore and painful. 

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #807 on: September 06, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »
Some how I managed to fall a sleep with Nami's 2 inch by 4 inch cow leg bone under my pillow.  My neck is totally sore and painful.

I first read this as her leg bone under your pillow and was like  :wtf

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #808 on: September 06, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
On topic: it's 2PM on the dot and I'm drinking room temp PBR from last night while laying in bed  8)

Feels more like a triumph tho tbh. Doing whatever you want and not giving a fuck :rejoice

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #809 on: September 06, 2015, 09:17:14 PM »
Realized my passport will expire in two weeks; tried calling the US Consulate, but they take off US holidays AND Japanese holidays. FFS, government... if I'm theoretically on US soil at an embassy, you theoretically don't get the J-holiday.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #810 on: September 06, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
"Hey hope you finished that one project that didn't have a due date until October because we're submitting it on Tuesday"

At least I have coffee and tobacco stocked for this long night
dur

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2015, 10:11:55 PM »
Internet was down nearly all day. About 3 weeks ago I bought a new modem (Surfboard SB6121) to replace my old one, which was disconnecting 5-8 times a day and was no longer supported by Comcast. The new modem increased my speeds quite a bit, however a couple days ago it started DCing once a day; I didn't think it was a huge deal. Then today it was down from around 12PM-9PM.

I have a Comcast tech coming out tomorrow on the holiday (!) but jesus, I'm tired of this shit. The only reason I haven't bolted it because I'm still under contract with Comcast and the competitors are limited in my area.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #812 on: September 07, 2015, 10:28:58 AM »
Yea I did that multiple times. The problem must be the cord outside.

Kara

« Reply #813 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »
I found a bottle of Mio Energy in my murse and kissed it celebratorily.

Tasty

« Reply #814 on: September 07, 2015, 07:32:52 PM »
Did you call Comcast and have them add your new modem's MAC address to your account?

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #815 on: September 07, 2015, 11:31:14 PM »
SSRIs are :trash.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #816 on: September 08, 2015, 12:36:49 AM »
Did you call Comcast and have them add your new modem's MAC address to your account?

Yea. Today the tech came out. He said the signal strength was pretty low/weak, and ended up replacing the splitter outside. I think he did some other shit too but I'm not sure. Everything seemed to be working and then I DC'd again about 5 hours after he left. Granted it was a short DC, and replugging the modem fixed it, but still. I'll monitor the situation and see how it works this week.

Do you guys disconnect during the week?

Kara

« Reply #817 on: September 08, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »
SSRIs are :trash.

Get a neurotransmitter test, I actually don't have a serotonin problem so all the SSRIs I ever took were pretty much money down the drain.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #818 on: September 08, 2015, 01:13:39 AM »
:what

Tasty

« Reply #819 on: September 08, 2015, 01:51:46 AM »

Yea. Today the tech came out. He said the signal strength was pretty low/weak, and ended up replacing the splitter outside. I think he did some other shit too but I'm not sure. Everything seemed to be working and then I DC'd again about 5 hours after he left. Granted it was a short DC, and replugging the modem fixed it, but still. I'll monitor the situation and see how it works this week.

Do you guys disconnect during the week?

When I set up my new modem last Sunday I couldn't connect until I changed the router DNS to Google, and then it was disconnecting like every hour. Disconnecting from the router and switching back immediately fixed it for my laptop but it was still annoying. Then after four days it stopped and has been smooth sailing since. I'd just keep an eye on it and see if it continues to be a problem.

Kara

« Reply #820 on: September 08, 2015, 03:26:39 AM »

I suppose I should have asked why you thought they were trash.

studyguy

« Reply #821 on: September 08, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
Didn't sleep at all last night, was way too fucking hot.
Woke up like 3 times then finally at 6AM with a headache and that grogginess.
Fuck work.  :-\ :-\
pause

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #822 on: September 08, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
The wife insists on the bedroom AC being on 60 all night long. She gets real pissy when you turn it off. I'm so glad summer is almost over.  Sleeping in a silent room is within reach, brehs.  :lawd

Winter is coming.  :cac
©ZH

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #823 on: September 08, 2015, 11:17:30 AM »
Been waking up with bloody noses.  :-\

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #824 on: September 08, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »
Dry air?

Tasty

« Reply #825 on: September 08, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
Been waking up with bloody noses.  :-\

You are already dead

alternate post:

Stop having such ecchi dreams, baka.

studyguy

« Reply #826 on: September 08, 2015, 01:21:57 PM »
Fuck my nose bleeds in the morning from the slightest touch too. My nose is shit though, I had a vein or whatever burned when I was like 6 and it stopped things for a while, but it came back hard later when I was like in my teens. I wake up every so often and scratch my nose and suddenly blood.

All that shit comes from just having a dry nose, you can actually stop it easily by putting a little petroleum jelly at the opening of your nose before you go to bed. Thing is then you have fucking jelly in your nose and no one's about that business. Also humidifiers, but again who wants to sleep in damp shit.
pause

« Reply #827 on: September 08, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »
Shaved my beard of ten months. Not sure if this is a struggle or a triumph, but I don't remember my face looking this weird.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #828 on: September 08, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
Shaved my beard of ten months. Not sure if this is a struggle or a triumph, but I don't remember my face looking this weird.

©@©™

« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »
"I can't even look at you." - My boss

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #830 on: September 08, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
The first few hours without are always weird. You feel even the tiniest draught.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #831 on: September 08, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
Fuck my nose bleeds in the morning from the slightest touch too. My nose is shit though, I had a vein or whatever burned when I was like 6 and it stopped things for a while, but it came back hard later when I was like in my teens. I wake up every so often and scratch my nose and suddenly blood.

All that shit comes from just having a dry nose, you can actually stop it easily by putting a little petroleum jelly at the opening of your nose before you go to bed. Thing is then you have fucking jelly in your nose and no one's about that business. Also humidifiers, but again who wants to sleep in damp shit.

I had my nose cauterized too, as a teen. Nothing like smelling your own burning flesh for days. I didn't even want to eat. But yeah I need to do some sort of jelly under the nose or saline spray up there.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #832 on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:28 PM »

I suppose I should have asked why you thought they were trash.

I thought you were fucking with me about neurotransmitter tests. They actually exist?

Just never felt a benefit from SSRIs really, but of course I feel its side effects of low energy and low libido.

I take Prozac and Wellbutrin for antidepressants. Wellbutrin isn't an SSRI at least, and should improve energy/libido.

Want to drop the Prozac and just stick with Wellbutrin for an antidepressant.

Playing doctor with my mental health :derp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #833 on: September 08, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »
I went off my Citalopram like a :badass because I thought I didn't need it anymore, but my brain was like :ufup
©@©™

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #834 on: September 08, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »
These days I just smoke weed all day every day to deal with my undiagnosed mental issues.  8)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #835 on: September 08, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
These days I just smoke weed all day every day to deal with my undiagnosed mental issues.  8)
:mynicca

studyguy

« Reply #836 on: September 08, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »
I had my nose cauterized too, as a teen. Nothing like smelling your own burning flesh for days. I didn't even want to eat. But yeah I need to do some sort of jelly under the nose or saline spray up there.

I had nightmares about that shit when I was a little ass kid, I vividly remember it hurting like fuck and walking out of the office crying like a bitch with my nose running non stop like it was a faucet. I don't know how they normally do it, but we were broke as fuck and it had to have been done with no local anesthesia or anything.

pause

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #837 on: September 08, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
I went off my Citalopram like a :badass because I thought I didn't need it anymore, but my brain was like :ufup

Yeah, that usually happens :lol

The worst is Effexor though, holy fuck, the withdrawals are brutal. I don't think Prozac is too bad.

Kind of do this too, but I'm actually diagnosed so my weed use just complicates my treatment.

Used to drink though to deal with anxiety and that made everything far worse.

Now I pop kpins :idont

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #838 on: September 08, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »

Yeah, that usually happens :lol

The worst is Effexor though, holy fuck, the withdrawals are brutal. I don't think Prozac is too bad.

I made it through the withdrawals from citalopram, but about three months later I started having massive anxiety attacks again on the reg so I was like "hmm, I guess this actually was helping me after all". This was a couple of years ago btw, not recently.
©@©™

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #839 on: September 08, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »

I had nightmares about that shit when I was a little ass kid, I vividly remember it hurting like fuck and walking out of the office crying like a bitch with my nose running non stop like it was a faucet. I don't know how they normally do it, but we were broke as fuck and it had to have been done with no local anesthesia or anything.

I don't think they bother with the anesthetic for that. Didn't get any myself. Basically they put some sort of matchstick up my nose and pressed it to the area that kept exploding. Ugh. Yeah was painful.