Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535876 times)

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #840 on: September 08, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
They forgot to give me something after they cauterized my nose (they numbed it first) and once the numbness wore off I was in the worst pain of my entire life.  I still have nightmares about it :(
vin

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #841 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:48 AM »
Seeing a member of your family sign up for an anti immigration rally on fb.

:-\

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:23:34 AM by Premium Lager »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #842 on: September 09, 2015, 04:50:52 AM »

Yeah, we've all got a relative or three we wish we could airdrop into an Actual Problem Zone. One of mine is in California, is convinced that illegal immigrants are stealing all kinds of services, even though the particular services require a SSN for sign-up. Come on, it's like he's not even trying to find real shit to be upset about. He'll probably vote for Trump, just based on prejudices.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #843 on: September 09, 2015, 09:36:55 AM »

If my mom wasn't as politically passive she would too. The burning irony is completely lost on her. I'm really glad we don't talk much or I would pop a vessel.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #844 on: September 09, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
I just dont get it why some people only think of themselves.

Indian guy in class today "for all I care the refugees can swim to sweden, I dont want my taxes to go to them, world isnt fair boohoo"

Same guy a few weeks back

"I hate Denmark you have to do everything yourself at home in india we had staff"

Me: you can hire staff here too you just have to pay them a normal wage :smug

Guy used to give me a ride home since he lives next to me but from now on Ill take public transport so I dont have to small talk with his biggot ass

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #845 on: September 09, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »
Tell me he has an arranged marriage.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #846 on: September 10, 2015, 02:48:55 AM »
Damn I should have asked, guess Ill never know now.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #847 on: September 10, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
Yet you sound salty about that.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #848 on: September 10, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
Old stale nuts aren't my thing either. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
So give up hope now Drinky.
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #849 on: September 10, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
I've had a cold for a bit.  Thought it would be better today but nope.  Its not bad but everytime I blow my noise I get a copious amount of snot in my beard, so I can't go out in public. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #850 on: September 10, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »
Damn I should have asked, guess Ill never know now.

My experience with dudes like that is the wife their parents set them up with from their home country gets really disgruntled with the marriage when they see how things are different in the West.

Edit: I meant different in that women expect more equality in the household.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:31:10 PM by am nintenho »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #851 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
Gonna take on the name Snotbeard and sail the salty seas. 

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #852 on: September 10, 2015, 02:49:04 PM »
Gonna take on the name Snotbeard and sail the salty seas.

O captain my captain :uguu

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #853 on: September 10, 2015, 03:36:32 PM »
Ate a large pizza hut pizza in one sitting. 

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #854 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
Bought some Metal Gear games. :snoop

Thank god I gave away my PSP. :whew

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #855 on: September 10, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »
Bought some Metal Gear games. :snoop

Thank god I gave away my PSP. :whew
http://www.ppsspp.org/

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #856 on: September 10, 2015, 09:46:56 PM »
Reading tiesto's fb bud's libertarian rant. Omg I can't believe I was a Paul tard once.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2015, 09:44:03 AM »
O fuck do I feel like shit after eating that pizza. 

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #858 on: September 11, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
Ate a large pizza hut pizza in one sitting. 

I'm always amazed by people that can do this. I eat half a pizza and I start to get sick to my stomach. Too much grease.

Kara

« Reply #859 on: September 11, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »
As one not damned to be a lollygagging lifehaver, some of the most #struggle days for me are when I've been working in an office for a few hours before it opened and still being there when the lollygagging lifehavers come in for their 9 to 5 or whatever their mandatory servitude to capital is and proceed to not get to work and yak about cabbages and kings while I'm going full bore because I have to pretend I'm zoned out to avoid being sucked into banal cubicle monkey discussions even though I'm not zoned out and can hear every excruciating word.

This morning the conversation used to torture me involved over analyzing some email like it's Game of Thrones outchea instead of the Game of Drones it actually is and eventually it got to a point where my tormentors were baffled by something being in London but being in Canada and I eventually I had to break kayfabe and point out that there's a London, Ontario, which drew :what 's and I had to pretend that I was somewhat sure of this instead of absolutely certain with every bone in my body you fucking cretins because the situation was already :snoop.

If I should die before I wake pray no soul I have to take. Go Knights Go.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #860 on: September 11, 2015, 01:09:51 PM »
I find things like that funny
actually, they make me kinda mad
[close]
since these days most people have infinite information at their very fingertips.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #861 on: September 11, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
My boss last year: what are these offset acounts?

Me: basically, everything that isn't already categorized goes into here. It's largely supplies and maintenance expenses. I can separate them out if you want, but it's gonna take a couple weeks as it's a lot of work and I'll need to ask you questions about a lot of stuff.

Boss: nah, don't worry about it.

Boss today: so, I'm buying a new building and my accountant wants a breakdown of all the stuff from these offset accounts. What are those?

Me: SLGHASUIGHASIUGBHSUIABGIUSAGIUASGIGAOSGIDYGIUASFDGIUASDFGHIHXDKJVNSDHKJASHIUEHRWUIOHEUHU

...ok
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #862 on: September 11, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
Dodged another struggle bullet brehs :rejoice

Last night my car stopped working at a stop light (busy intersection btw). I couldn't get it to start, thought I was fuuuuuuucked...then my dad literally happened to drive past me  :lol

He had some jumper cables, we tried that to no avail. Tried some other shit before pushing the car into a parking lot. Right before calling AAA I said "maybe I can put some gas in..." I was sort of on E when it stopped working. Turns out I had run out of gas. No other issues. Well, I guess my gas meter must be off a bit or something but that's no big deal.

So many major problems avoided this month :whew

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #863 on: September 11, 2015, 08:21:38 PM »
smh it damages the fuel pump when gas level gets low enough to suck in air. The gasoline acts as a lubricant for the pump.

I always make sure to refill when there's at least a couple gallons left in the tank.  :smug

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #864 on: September 12, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »
My gas gauge doesn't even WORK and I've never run out of gas

:bolo
yar

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #865 on: September 12, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
PD doesn't seem like the kinda guy to suck gas from parked cars in a Walmart though.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #866 on: September 12, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »
I've always been that guy who only gets gas when I'm super low or out
:yeshrug

Well except for in the winter of course.

Kara

« Reply #867 on: September 12, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »
My sibling had a "duhhh I was out of gas?" incident like that too and I was the unfortunate soul that had to bail them out of their bad life decision. That night. :snoop

Kara

« Reply #868 on: September 12, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
Speaking of bad life decisions, I just had to walk 5-6 miles in cleats with fiberglass/nylon composite soles. My feet are going to fall off tonight.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #869 on: September 12, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »
My last car had a fuel gauge that would slowly creep to the half full point...and then just collapse thereafter.

I remember ~5 years ago driving out in the middle of nowhere for work once.  Within the span of a half hour, I went from over half a tank of gas to getting a light indicating I had less than one gallon left.  A lot of these really small rural towns don't have a gas station.  Fortunately there was a tiny ass gas station a few miles away.  If it was any further than that, I would have definitely been stranded.  This area had no cell coverage too so I couldn't call anyone if I ran out of gas.

Now I habitually fill the gas tank at half a tank, even though my current car's fuel gauge appears to be working just fine.
🍆🍆

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #870 on: September 13, 2015, 12:07:49 AM »
Sunday Ticket costs $50 more if you want to watch it on a console or chromecast. wtf  :maf

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #871 on: September 13, 2015, 04:47:52 AM »
Neighbors had their lawn trimmed, so instead of a nap, I was kept awake by gas-powered gardening tools until the grass in the air gave me an allergy attack.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #872 on: September 14, 2015, 01:54:24 AM »

Going to an outpatient clinic to get my meds reassessed :fbm

Kara

« Reply #873 on: September 16, 2015, 02:56:53 AM »
Googled a letter in IPA and included IPA after it to make sure Google looked for the IPA letter and not the letter used in other alphabets. The second result was for a fucking India Pale Ale that used that letter in its name. :beli

Beer dadvocates. :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #874 on: September 16, 2015, 07:31:59 AM »
Went for a casual semi pre interview today, but honestly I wasn't very enthusiastic for signing up to another corporate overlord. I really need to start my own biz.

Edit: Just talking I felt like I was going through the motions, I didn't really care.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:57:47 AM by Premium Lager »

Steve Contra

« Reply #875 on: September 16, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »
One of the greatest winemakers of the past half-century died today :'(
vin

Tasty

« Reply #876 on: September 16, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »

:noooo

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #877 on: September 16, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

RIP Charles Shaw
©@©™

Steve Contra

« Reply #878 on: September 16, 2015, 02:32:59 PM »

RIP Charles Shaw
Charles Shaw is alive and kicking but he hasn't made wine for years, since he sold the winery to Fred Franzia, who is also still alive.
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #879 on: September 17, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »
Just spent 20 minutes entering password/email combinations under both my PSN accounts for the Amazon Video app on PS3, to no avail.

Logging in with my US or JP account, the app was clearly showing only US content. Amazon Japan has been running ads for their new-to-Japan service, so I was anxious to give it a try... but it hasn't even launched yet. The service begins "at the end of September," :doge and the ways it can be viewed apparently do not include the PS3 app.
More likely they just haven't updated the app yet.
[close]

Man, that was really annoying. Probably elevated annoyance levels due to the heinous amount of coffee I've had today.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #880 on: September 17, 2015, 10:33:05 AM »
Wearing white socks with my boat shoes :ufup
When I sit my pants ride up and expose my transgression.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #881 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »
Wearing white socks with my boat shoes :ufup
When I sit my pants ride up and expose my transgression.

that's what you get for leaving the house
:tocry

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #882 on: September 17, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »
Real life is hard :brazilcry

Fortunately, I'm surrounded by crazy people so it's one of the least offensive sights here.

Not being the craziest one in the room :preach

Kara

« Reply #883 on: September 17, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »
I love tiering the patients in my shrink's office in least to most S A D  B O Y. My bête noire is a young mom with a kid who is always sullenly engrossed in her phone instead of bonding in any way whatsoever with her gene repository. I'm going to claim victory over you someday, comrade-patient. :bolo

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #884 on: September 17, 2015, 07:33:23 PM »
I threw away all my white socks to avoid the very same situation.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #885 on: September 17, 2015, 08:05:22 PM »
MEPS  :-\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #886 on: September 18, 2015, 02:31:41 AM »
be a scumbag brehs

actually maybe that doesn't apply. You know how you meet someone, both of you are rather clear that you aren't looking for a relationship, so instead you just have fun/chill/whatever. Nothing serious. And then the other person starts catching feelings and slowly starts switching up the agreement. I don't want to meet your family.

Few more days to come up with some bullshit to get out of a commitment I foolishly made. It's minor (just watching the game with her siblings at her place) but still...

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #887 on: September 18, 2015, 02:42:35 AM »

What did the members of the european parliament do

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #888 on: September 18, 2015, 05:08:13 AM »
be a scumbag brehs

actually maybe that doesn't apply. You know how you meet someone, both of you are rather clear that you aren't looking for a relationship, so instead you just have fun/chill/whatever. Nothing serious. And then the other person starts catching feelings and slowly starts switching up the agreement. I don't want to meet your family.

Few more days to come up with some bullshit to get out of a commitment I foolishly made. It's minor (just watching the game with her siblings at her place) but still...

Watching the game doesn't sound bad though.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #889 on: September 18, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Ate 2 dozen oatmeal cookies yesterday and now I need to shit at work.  Also I'm super bloated, like a women on the pad who drowned. 

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #890 on: September 18, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »
Wore a cotton dress shirt that is too tight today. I look pretty buff from the breastbone up, please ignore the rest.

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »
Ate 2 dozen oatmeal cookies yesterday and now I need to shit at work.  Also I'm super bloated, like a women on the pad who drowned.

Aren't oatmeal cookies good for you? At least it wasn't Oreos or something.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #892 on: September 18, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
I'm not sure any cookies are good for you when you eat 2 dozen of them. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #893 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
Leaving work at 1 so I can go home to poop.  This is the life. 

Steve Contra

« Reply #894 on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »
Going home to poop :neogaf
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #895 on: September 18, 2015, 01:33:26 PM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #896 on: September 18, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »
Not pooping at work

Not getting paid to poop

:beli

BrokenVerses

« Reply #897 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »

What did the members of the european parliament do

Military Entrance Processing.  :-\

studyguy

« Reply #898 on: September 18, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
Girlfriend works as a physical therapy place. Guess the physical therapist didn't lock some table they work on patients with and the fucking thing collapsed on an old patient and he's blaming his staff, my girl included despite the fact she wasn't even in the room. Apparently the old ass dude busted his face something awful when it fell. Calls me crying and shit that she might get fired along with some other girl. The fuck.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:04:30 PM by studyguy »
pause

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #899 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
I honestly don't know why I do this to myself.  It use to be that I had the will power of a Buddhist monk with such a well disciplined bowl system that insured every poop was a pre-morning-shower poop.  This took years of hard work to master and every day I would have a turd-maker so fresh even Mr Clean wouldn't say no to rimming it and now I'm pooping at 2PM, and bros., its depressing.   
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:13:16 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »