Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535984 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #900 on: September 18, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »
Pooping at work is great, I'm doing it right now

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Less important than dead Syrian kids, but still important
« Reply #901 on: September 18, 2015, 02:19:13 PM »
Being normal and being to shit anywhere :aah

Going home to poop like a sad 2nd grader :neogaf
vin

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #902 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:54 PM »
Leaving work at 1 so I can go home to poop.  This is the life. 

Yo, we TVC now.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #903 on: September 18, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
I also get to work in my underwear with air conditioning now.  So suck on my significantly shrunk nuts.

Steve Contra

« Reply #904 on: September 18, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
I can do that too if I want.  Owning your own company :aah
vin

studyguy

« Reply #905 on: September 18, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »

Getting paid to shit is where it's at.
 :rejoice
pause

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #906 on: September 18, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
be a scumbag brehs

actually maybe that doesn't apply. You know how you meet someone, both of you are rather clear that you aren't looking for a relationship, so instead you just have fun/chill/whatever. Nothing serious. And then the other person starts catching feelings and slowly starts switching up the agreement. I don't want to meet your family.

Few more days to come up with some bullshit to get out of a commitment I foolishly made. It's minor (just watching the game with her siblings at her place) but still...

This was me throughout my early 20s.

Then I really wanted to commit to someone and got burned bad.

Don't be a victim of poetic justice breh. It's awful.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Who does #2 work for?
« Reply #907 on: September 18, 2015, 03:36:03 PM »
got lectured on how much i drink by a muslim stoner, not sure what to feel or think really

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #908 on: September 18, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
Maybe if you were more in touch with your feelings you wouldn't drink so much

« Reply #909 on: September 18, 2015, 04:43:57 PM »
Ate 2 dozen oatmeal cookies yesterday and now I need to shit at work.  Also I'm super bloated, like a women on the pad who drowned.

Aren't oatmeal cookies good for you? At least it wasn't Oreos or something.

Oatmeal is good for you. 24 cookies worth of butter and sugar? Probably not.
野球

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #910 on: September 18, 2015, 04:54:33 PM »
Girlfriend works as a physical therapy place. Guess the physical therapist didn't lock some table they work on patients with and the fucking thing collapsed on an old patient and he's blaming his staff, my girl included despite the fact she wasn't even in the room. Apparently the old ass dude busted his face something awful when it fell. Calls me crying and shit that she might get fired along with some other girl. The fuck.

took a few readings before i realized you meant to type "girlfriend works at ..."
QED

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #911 on: September 18, 2015, 04:57:32 PM »
Was my birthday a couple days ago. (Too late for you to wish me it now. :jawalrus)

Hate my birthday and prefer not to celebrate it, but if you want to recognize it I'm not going to be ungrateful. But only if you recognize it on my birthday. (I'd rather get a text the day of than a party days later when it's convenient.)

This year I thought I'd had my best birthday since my seventeenth. The only two people on the planet who could possibly lay claim to knowing me in a meaningful way were the only ones to wish me a happy birthday. My brother from another mother even surprised me with a viewing of 22 Jump Street.

Then one of my gal pals leaves a birthday card days later (strike 1) in my public inbox (strike 2) saying that we need to do something when she's free in the future (foul ball strike 2) which forces a bunch of people in the office that desk is at to fall over themselves trying to not look like they forgot about Dre culminating in an awkward birthday lunch next week (strike 3).

Now I have to be a jerkwad and tell my gal pal explicitly that it's either day of or not at all in the future and that she alone shat up a perfectly good birthday. I also have to pick my own fucking restaurant for my shamefully late "birthday" lunch. Good fucking grief, fuck everything.

Tasty

« Reply #912 on: September 18, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »
Kara, do we have the same birthday? :lol

Steve Contra

« Reply #913 on: September 18, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Somehow I missed the two dozen part of Arvie's post.  I'd like to say "what is wrong with you?" but it fits the narrative.
vin

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #914 on: September 18, 2015, 05:08:06 PM »
Kara, end of this clip

http://m.

Kara

« Reply #915 on: September 18, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »

If you posted that message from Funimation on your actual birthday then no.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #916 on: September 18, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
Was my birthday a couple days ago. (Too late for you to wish me it now. :jawalrus)

Hate my birthday and prefer not to celebrate it, but if you want to recognize it I'm not going to be ungrateful. But only if you recognize it on my birthday. (I'd rather get a text the day of than a party days later when it's convenient.)

This year I thought I'd had my best birthday since my seventeenth. The only two people on the planet who could possibly lay claim to knowing me in a meaningful way were the only ones to wish me a happy birthday. My brother from another mother even surprised me with a viewing of 22 Jump Street.

Then one of my gal pals leaves a birthday card days later (strike 1) in my public inbox (strike 2) saying that we need to do something when she's free in the future (foul ball strike 2) which forces a bunch of people in the office that desk is at to fall over themselves trying to not look like they forgot about Dre culminating in an awkward birthday lunch next week (strike 3).

Now I have to be a jerkwad and tell my gal pal explicitly that it's either day of or not at all in the future and that she alone shat up a perfectly good birthday. I also have to pick my own fucking restaurant for my shamefully late "birthday" lunch. Good fucking grief, fuck everything.

We are such comrades in mind.  One of my friends took me to lunch on my birthday and then had a bunch of people I hardly know come too :piss2

I got you this image off the internet for your birthday/valentines day/and might as well throw in xmas as well

http://pre04.deviantart.net/7f1c/th/pre/i/2015/025/4/b/more_than_comrades_by_archangel_da-d70x1u5.png

Kara

« Reply #917 on: September 18, 2015, 07:12:20 PM »
Ohhh I am totally using this pic someday. :hulk

I hope. :brazilcry

Who am I kidding. No I won't. :snoop

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #918 on: September 18, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »
be a scumbag brehs

actually maybe that doesn't apply. You know how you meet someone, both of you are rather clear that you aren't looking for a relationship, so instead you just have fun/chill/whatever. Nothing serious. And then the other person starts catching feelings and slowly starts switching up the agreement. I don't want to meet your family.

Few more days to come up with some bullshit to get out of a commitment I foolishly made. It's minor (just watching the game with her siblings at her place) but still...

Watching the game doesn't sound bad though.

It's the principle though, and what's left unsaid. Yea I'd imagine her siblings aren't bad, but this is the beginning of a process. The next step would inevitably be her siblings mentioning me to their parents, her parents asking her about me, and then the second to last stage: off handed comments about how her mom "asked about you today" or "said she wanted to meet you."

What happened to just chilling and having fun, preferably at night :fbm

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #919 on: September 18, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »
Don't fux with women whose families live in the same town, this shit is known :wag
yar

Kara

« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2015, 07:41:17 PM »
Love can bloom on a battlefield, why not in the confines of a casual relationship?  8)

Stop being afraid to be happy. :bolo

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
car got totaled about 2 hours ago, shit sucks brehs

« Reply #922 on: September 19, 2015, 12:22:24 AM »

Uhhhhh this is weird.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #923 on: September 19, 2015, 12:27:00 AM »
Seems pretty normal to me.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #924 on: September 19, 2015, 12:32:35 AM »
Well "my brother from another mother even surprised me with a viewing of 22 Jump Street" definitely sounds like a euphemism.

Tasty

« Reply #925 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:51 AM »

If you posted that message from Funimation on your actual birthday then no.

Darn. :goty2

Kara

« Reply #926 on: September 19, 2015, 12:56:31 AM »
I'll always cop to being weird. :itagaki

To me skipping the days says, "Sorry, your existence just wasn't convenient." That's fine, I know I am often inconvenient. What's not fine is telegraphing that and then trying to come at me with ceremony afterwards. :pacspit

Plus to be cynical, you get nothing out of a text except maybe the abstract satisfaction of brightening my day. If you take me out to power drink you get to power drink and see me make a complete jackass out of myself while power drinking. :quark

« Reply #927 on: September 19, 2015, 01:07:52 AM »
When I catch feels about my own birthday I try to remember that George Washington and Abraham Lincoln have to share a day. And so do the entire Korean people. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #928 on: September 19, 2015, 01:18:51 AM »
Ya that would suck.  Can you imagine Lawrence Washington surprising George with a viewing of 22 Jump Street, and being forced by their parents to invite Abe and give him a handjob too.  Terrible.   

Kara

« Reply #929 on: September 19, 2015, 01:40:36 AM »
There's a lot of bad blood when it comes to my birthday. (I shat up Esch's last birthday thread about it if you're dying to know more.) If you know me you know that and act accordingly. I'm not going to feel guilty about asking less (!!!) of people.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #930 on: September 19, 2015, 02:01:53 AM »
It's raining outside, and I can hear the wind blow alongside the rustling of trees. The perfect backdrop for a story to be told. So tell us, Kara, what is the bad blood involved with your birthday.

I'll tell you why I dislike birthdays. When I was a kid, birthdays were three day long events. On the actual birth day you could expect a nice dinner and possibly a present. The next day would be a movie day where you could pick a film from Blockbuster. The third day might give you the opportunity to go to your favorite store; I loved going to the hobby store or comic shop so those were my choices.

I have three brothers so this process got exhausting after awhile. I started to get annoyed that the birthday kid wouldn't have to do any chores for a week, meaning the rest of us had to do his chores. I tried to shift this by making sure to do my chores during my birthday week but my brothers didn't return the favor on their birthdays. Eventually I stopped claiming any birthday perks. So the process just kept getting more annoying until I started hating birthdays. To this day I don't do anything special on mine.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #931 on: September 19, 2015, 02:15:31 AM »
For my 6th birthday I got a nerf gun and a bitch named Krissy chewed on all the fucking darts for it.  I have been a angry and lonely individual ever since. 

Kara

« Reply #932 on: September 19, 2015, 04:32:14 AM »
*puffs on cigar and sips cognac* The bad blood... Ultimately it stems from two things.

One, whether by circumstance or design, I consistently have had my birthday hit by some sort of calamity. I can count the pleasant ones comfortably on a hand. In addition to this, I never got "make up" ceremonies or what have you. Not even a ":idont That's life, kid."

My favorite instance of this was the year I went to this dorky flight sim thing with pops. For someone who grew up in an aerospace background and was too young to know it was stupid it was amazing. We get there. We go through the bullshit basic training stuff. We fly a single sortie. Then we get a call from home. My only grandparent, who by this time was well on the way to buying the farm, has gone and literally shat up the day by shitting all over themselves and the house. (Live to old age brehs.) Mom being mom doesn't just deal with the situation like a functioning adult but instead calls the troops home early. There's never a make up trip to that place. No apology for circumstances beyond anyone's control. Just a very subdued cake and presents that evening because all the adults have been ripping into one another for hours while working with shit.

Two, I was always held to a very high (impossibility high, in retrospect and in talk therapy) standard for other people's birthdays that was never even remotely reciprocated. (e.g. "Mom or dad, what would you like for your birthday?" "I shouldn't have to tell you what to get me." "I'm five.") This wasn't all bad, if I care about you I can get you the best damn gift possible because of it. I start keeping my eyes peeled for things months out. It's also given me horribly unrealistic expectations of reciprocity. I have a lot of things to regret when it came to the one who got away, but how I handled our last Valentine's Day in this regard will probably sting to my dying breath because of how fucking idiotic I was.

As an example, one year we threw a semi-surprise birthday party for my parent who is Polish and since at this point I was the third adult in a two parent household I did a lot of the organization. Now this parent always insists we sing "Sto Lat" (a Polish analogue to "Happy Birthday") at everyone's birthday because my name is apparently Mirosław instead of Karakand. At the party it eventually comes time for cake and song. After "Happy Birthday" everyone moves to start serving cake and the parental unit makes a scene about "Sto Lat." Out of  60-70 people 5 of us know the lyrics to the song and only one of us isn't family. I'm not subjecting the guests to that kind of awkwardness and refuse to be the band leader. None of the other Final Five will do so either (#sosayweall) and my parent doesn't get their way. Forever since that sequence of events I have been known as the one who ruined the party that I planned and executed where everyone else had a good time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:37:46 AM by Kara »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #933 on: September 19, 2015, 08:29:11 AM »
My 6th was cake with extended family. My 7th was shortly after a move, so I had neither friends nor family to celebrate with. It was just me and my mom. Hug, present, maybe cake? I don't remember. That's how it's been from then on. Me not wanting to be the centre of attention (feelings of inadequacy) going forward was a big reason as well. Be poor and have no close friends, brehs.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #934 on: September 19, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »
:crazy

Well that puts my petty birthday gripes in perspective, Kara.

I only know three people who are super serious about their birthday, to the point that missing their birthday=end of friendship. All three are women. I send a card or Facebook comment and hide.

My parents were never focused on their birthdays. The only issue I remember was that if you didn't tell my dad happy birthday immediately, my mom would accuse you of being ungrateful/threaten reprisal of some kind ("he doesn't have to bring food home you know..."). On many occasions I was confronted over this subject and had to say hold on, it's 9AM and he's at work plus doesn't have a cellphone, how can I wish him happy birthday right now?
:mindblown

« Reply #935 on: September 19, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
Happy birthday, Kara.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #936 on: September 21, 2015, 12:53:51 AM »
So, all that accounting work my boss dumped on me is basically done, and I'm 99% sure that he needs the reports from it for a meeting tomorrow.

HOWEVER. This guy, I love him to death, I mean he employs me and I'm borderline unemployable, but his communication skills are THE WORST. I asked him multiple times last week for a SPECIFIC TIME this had to be done by, and he never gave me a straight answer. I ran into a snag on Saturday that I was worried would set me back, so I emailed AND texted him asking again for a specific time this was needed for, and he never replied. I almost want to not bother generating the reports and emailing them to him just to have him freak out about it so I can say, and point him to various emails, chat logs, and text messages just to show him THAT HE NEVER ANSWERED ME.

But, fuck it. Better just to be done with it I guess.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #937 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:56 AM »
Was made aware of an intern who is fucking up basic double entry accounting shit

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #938 on: September 21, 2015, 11:46:35 AM »
Was made aware of an intern who is fucking up basic double entry accounting shit

:snoop

Also, ay yo PD- how'd watching the game with your ladyfriend's brothers work out?

:jawalrus
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #939 on: September 21, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »

:snoop

Also, ay yo PD- how'd watching the game with your ladyfriend's brothers work out?

:jawalrus
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=43180.msg2085434#msg2085434

wasn't as bad as I thought, hence putting it in the minor struggle thread lol

I'm waaay too busy for anything serious, plus I just dont want to do it. She's cool but I think a lot of it has to do with us not wanting anything serious and just being able to have fun. If that changes though...yea.

Tasty

« Reply #940 on: September 21, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »
Came home to CT for vacation this week and on the way to my parents' house my dad casually drops "Oh yeah btw we don't have hot water lol."

Should have told me before so I could cancel my trip.  >:(

And on top of that my uncle wants to help with entering all his receipts or some shit for taxes (he's in real estate.) :stahp

And they wonder why I only come back every 1 1/2 months...

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #941 on: September 21, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
:lol

"Month" is not the unit I expected.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #942 on: September 21, 2015, 01:43:34 PM »
Gave my mother the business when she called me at 2 am a month ago freaking out over my sister's latest bullshit and demanding I call my dad, like he was going to horse whisper her into complacency from over 200 miles away.

Not having to deal with that side of the family's bullshit is totally worth feeling like a dirtbag for yelling at my mom at 2 am, brehs

:rejoice
yar

Tasty

« Reply #943 on: September 21, 2015, 02:00:03 PM »
:lol

"Month" is not the unit I expected.

CT is a <2 hour train trip from Boston and I love my family a lot. :goty2

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #944 on: September 21, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »

i had to talk through the criteria for a valid tax invoice with someone who claims to have worked in tax for almost 5 years >:(

studyguy

« Reply #945 on: September 21, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »
The habanero sauce I used last night greeted me again in the bathroom on his way out :brazilcry
pause

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #946 on: September 21, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
The air conditioners are still in windows and it's getting in the mid 40's at night now.  :brazilcry

It was in the high 80's all last week and would hear an earful of bitching if I took them out too early. Hitting high 70's the day after tomorrow.  :cac
©ZH

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #947 on: September 21, 2015, 10:29:09 PM »
Severely burned my arms and hands during a pizza-related mishap.  :o On the plus side though I got to wear arm bandages and look like a possible suicide attempt when I went out in public.  8)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:12:54 AM by king of the internet »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #948 on: September 21, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »
You can hug a hot pizza but it won't make you feel less lonely. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #949 on: September 22, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »
You can't hug a pizza with nuclear arms.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #950 on: September 22, 2015, 12:22:58 AM »
You can't hug a pizza with nuclear arms.

Sounds like a challenge.

I'm off to dip my arms in uranium.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
Opened the inbox where the gubment sends official mail.

Apparently I had to pay property tax since last December.

:gloomy

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
Fuck dude  :(

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #953 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
It's not a lot, but still what I wanted to put away in savings this month.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2015, 04:52:30 PM »
Had a hell of week last week.  Busy as shit, lots of nonsense, and the team manager was absent for most of the time.  Went through Saturday hell and then geared up for Sunday and Monday off.

Was woken up with a phone call asking me to come in because the manager called out again.  To be fair she is heavily pregnant so I'm not blaming her.  I pretty much demanded that I get another day off to make up for this.  I need some fucking time off.   :'(
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #955 on: September 28, 2015, 06:25:02 PM »
Out of toilet paper because I accidentally knocked my last roll into the toilet this morning.  I forgot to get more.  I wiped with paper towels. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #956 on: September 28, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Order a handheld bidet, can do your business with just a few squares.

Beezy

« Reply #957 on: September 28, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
Out of toilet paper because I accidentally knocked my last roll into the toilet this morning.  I forgot to get more.  I wiped with paper towels.

:noooo

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #958 on: September 28, 2015, 07:17:13 PM »
The worst part is that I just found my emergency roll that I had forgot I hid for such dire times.  My anus was sacrificed for naught. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #959 on: September 28, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
At least I have a spare