Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535523 times)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Re: Struggle Thread 2 - Who does #2 work for?
« Reply #960 on: September 28, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Paper towels aren't so bad. At least you didn't have to resort to tissues
WDW

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #961 on: September 29, 2015, 08:38:40 PM »
I'm now in the preliminary stages of a head cold and I have so much work I need to do this week.   :-\

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #962 on: September 29, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
Was made aware of an intern who is fucking up basic double entry accounting shit
:crazy

i had to talk through the criteria for a valid tax invoice with someone who claims to have worked in tax for almost 5 years >:(

Someone was telling me about a bookkeeper this firm brought in from a company  (i.e. not in the industry) and they ran into some online banking problems so they video recorded the problems. With account information uncensored. On a phone that wasn't secure.

I mean we all probably cross the best practices line wrt privacy from time to time, but that? :mindblown

I also thought it was weird that they'd go to lengths like that. If you don't do your work you can't hide it so there's not really the Foucauldian nightmare based upon mistrust that you have in corporate bureaucracies.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #963 on: September 29, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
:crazy

Were these people above the age of 31?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #964 on: September 29, 2015, 09:19:22 PM »
Yes. And a breeder.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #965 on: September 29, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
Got denied by Google's Project Fi to buy a Nexus 6P with their payment plan. Bunch of bullshit.
nat

« Reply #966 on: September 30, 2015, 07:03:30 AM »
Lost control of a company pickup on a dirt road and drove into a ditch at 45-55mph and flipped it several times. I'm fine, really couldn't be better considering the severity of the accident, but this is the shirt the EMT was wearing:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #967 on: September 30, 2015, 07:21:31 AM »
 :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #968 on: September 30, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
My mom just called and said we might have to put my dog down tomorrow.  :beli

I say my dog, but it's my moms really. But we got it when I was about 16, and I spent a lot of time time with. Been getting sicker and sicker over the past few years, got some tumors on its belly, that it has been living fine with for a few years, the vets have told us are too big and dangerous to remove.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #969 on: September 30, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
._.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #970 on: September 30, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »
Glad you're okay, Samson, must have been quite the oh shit moment. I hope your employer is understanding as well

-----

Sorry about your dog :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #971 on: September 30, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »
Lost control of a company pickup on a dirt road and drove into a ditch at 45-55mph and flipped it several times. I'm fine, really couldn't be better considering the severity of the accident, but this is the shirt the EMT was wearing:

[close]
:dead

glad you're ok tho.

Now you have a near death experience to share with voters during your congressional run :lawd

Kara

« Reply #972 on: September 30, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »
Pls b careful Sam. The Bore can't lose its #1 husbando.

« Reply #973 on: September 30, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
Glad you're okay, Samson, must have been quite the oh shit moment. I hope your employer is understanding as well

I think I'm about to quit. "Sorry about your truck. My last day will be next week. Please understand."

Sorry to hear about your dog, Mr. Gilhaney. :(

Rahxephon91

« Reply #974 on: September 30, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
So does it make sense to encourage your friend to break up with his gf if that sounds well... Sane? Because that's what I did and I've unlocked a world of drama for it.

My friend never has anything positive to say about her. I mean I've never heard anything good about her. It's just about how crazy she is. She doesn't want him talking to any other girls, had to delete every girl off his Facebook, is not really supposed to be talking to anyone else, can't even talk to people in online games, has to talk to her everyday to check in and so on. He also seems to have to pay for her apartment and other things. When they back to Chicago he has to pay for her ticket. Anytime an argument happens she threatens to kill herself.

She sounds terrible and even his own mother thinks she's controlling and terrible.

Then again I don't know anything about relationships and this is only his side. Yet it's not quite a year old, shouldn't this be the lovey Dovey phase. If it's already stressful shouldn't you get out?

That's what I think and I've suggested it many times. Dude is basicly my brother so I care but at the same time I know he's pussy whipped. He'll stay in a relationship for the sake of it, to feel basicly the idea that anyone cares for him. Which is a bad combination with someone who may be overly dependent.

Anyway, I guess he actually tried to pull the trigger and mentioned me.

Big mistake.

As now I've gotten endless messages from this girl. How I'm terrible for giving that advice, how I'm hurting her, and so on. I mean she's been writing me research papers on how I'm a monster.

I don't think I did anything terrible. About the douchyiest thing I said is that I don't want to ever meet her and I don't after she's gone off on me.

So I know they will get back together and come back to Chicago and well I really don't ever want to interact with this person.

Whole thing has me annoyed.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #975 on: September 30, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »
Job I interviewed for on Monday asked me for to write some spec articles before an imaginary deadline just to test production. I sent them in about hours before deadline today. Haven't heard a response back from them at all. 

studyguy

« Reply #976 on: October 02, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »
A friend of mine gave me like the worst dead leg I've ever had in my life to the shin/thigh.
Like an asshole he came running at my ass and kneed me in the front side of my shin then on my thigh.

My shin's still feels all fucked up this morning.  :brazilcry
The fuck brehs, I haven't gotten one of these since like middle school.
pause

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #977 on: October 02, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »
Had to go to the ER today because of some serious pain in my lower abdomen. Results came back that it's an inflamed colon, likely caused by diverticulitis [which is super-rare for people under 30]. I gotta take some antibiotics and then go get a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks.

:goty
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #978 on: October 02, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »
I'm sorry you have to get something shoved up your butt Rumbler, I truly am.  I hope your colon cools off soon. 

studyguy

« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
Had to go to the ER today because of some serious pain in my lower abdomen. Results came back that it's an inflamed colon, likely caused by diverticulitis [which is super-rare for people under 30]. I gotta take some antibiotics and then go get a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks.

Its all good breh, every dude gets a finger shoved up their ass sooner or later.

....for medical reasons of course  :cody
pause

Kara

« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »
Sorry GR. Get well soon.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »
 Any way to blame Taco Bell? I smell an opportunity.

:money

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #982 on: October 03, 2015, 12:40:46 AM »

sorry to hear that GR. Sounds like you need to add some fiber to your diet.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #983 on: October 03, 2015, 01:14:12 AM »
Yeah, I don't generally get much fiber, but I'll start taking a fiber supplement every day alongside my multivitamin.

Also, the struggle has become a triumph now that I've climbed aboard the codeine train.  :aah
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #984 on: October 03, 2015, 01:31:52 AM »

:o :o :o
Holy mackerel, I hope you get it taken care of soon. If it's any consolation, diverticulitis also managed to take to Brock Lesnar, so if you weren't feeling tough, you should now.

Any way to blame Taco Bell? I smell an opportunity.

:money
If the Taco Bell near you smells like infected colon, you need to select a different Taco Bell.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #985 on: October 05, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
Went down on my girl last night, had a bunch of toilet paper stuck to her vagina  :brazilcry :brazilcry :brazilcry
püp

Tasty

« Reply #986 on: October 05, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Went down on my girl last night, had a bunch of toilet paper stuck to her vagina  :brazilcry :brazilcry :brazilcry

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #987 on: October 05, 2015, 12:29:33 PM »
Get well soon, Rumbler.

Also, had a potential triumph turn into an epic fail Saturday night, brehs. Went out on a date with a woman and, uh... shit didn't work when we got back to her place. First time that's ever happened to me.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #988 on: October 05, 2015, 12:29:45 PM »
At least she dabs. Be glad. :goty
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:35:07 PM by Rufus »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #989 on: October 05, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »
At least she didn't sneeze and blow out a bunch of confetti into your face while your friends and family turn on the lights and shout happy birthday. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #990 on: October 05, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

I shit you not, I literally spit out the water I was drinking when I read this. At work. Fuck me.   

:brazilcry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #991 on: October 05, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
Did you clean it up with toilet paper?

studyguy

« Reply #992 on: October 05, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
Been there.

This is why I'm forever grateful that my current girl insists on having wet wipes in the bathroom.
Baby wipes is where it's at brehs.
 :preach
pause

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #993 on: October 05, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »
there are worse things you can find in your gf's vagina brehs.

like gonorrhea.
[close]

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #994 on: October 05, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »
Think I might be catching some mild feelings for a girl. Just gotta stay strong until this passes.   :stahp

Tasty

« Reply #995 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
there are worse things you can find in your gf's vagina brehs.

Yeah, like another guy's dikk :hitler

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
Been there.

This is why I'm forever grateful that my current girl insists on having wet wipes in the bathroom.

I use baby wipes too.  Gonna have to get her on the wipe train
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »
Been there.

I use baby wipes too.  Gonna have to get her on the wipe train

How you handle this could determine whether your relationship lasts or fails. Tread lightly.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2015, 03:45:50 PM »
 :lol

I told her straight to her face that she had TP on her vag and she started busting out laughing and apologizing
püp

studyguy

« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
That's the one  :rejoice
pause

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1000 on: October 05, 2015, 05:25:45 PM »
 :lawd

Kara

« Reply #1001 on: October 05, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »

So basically she doesn't expect you to go down on her. :hitler

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1002 on: October 06, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »
Sounds like you need to add some fiber to your diet.

Brandnew taking any advice he can get.
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #1003 on: October 06, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
Had my worst panic attack in 2 years.
Do you have panic attacks or anxiety attacks?
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1004 on: October 06, 2015, 08:10:58 PM »
Had the first non-shitty, non-rainy day of weather in over a week today. I sat outside for an hour and a half and got a nasty fucking sunburn, because I'm a moron.
yar

Steve Contra

« Reply #1005 on: October 06, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »
Also a pasty ginger :hitler
vin

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1006 on: October 06, 2015, 08:28:09 PM »
I am NOT a ginger

:bolo
yar

Kara

Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1007 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
People are getting wise to the fact that I use the March / April / September / October 15th deadline to get out of making casual conversation or plans. fml.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1008 on: October 06, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
got moved into a team room from my posh office, which i now share with a veep and two general managers. on the plus side, i'm in DA CLUB. on the down side, my internetting time has been shredded. on the plus plus side, i think beating r-type in front of them (on my old portable psone) will net me a bigger bonus than any work i've done; they were all OMG YOU'RE AMAZING (who the fuck knew? god bless nerds). on the minus minus side, i don't/won't golf and one of the motherfuckers listens to dave matthews ALL DAY.

i also got called a hipster by 25 yr. old junior pm yesterday. i have no beard, wear regular jeans, have a cornball non-coiffure, and despise urban self-sufficiency. that said, my non-ironic ironic game is straight up jordan-class balla and i drink shit pissbeer in public, so maybe he recognizes cac greatness under all the nondescript dorkitude.
duc

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1009 on: October 06, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »
got moved into a team room from my posh office, which i share with a veep and two general manager. on the plus side, i'm in DA CLUB. on the down time, my internetting time has been shredded. on the plus plus side, i think beating r-type in front of them (on my old portable psone) will net me a bigger bonus than any work i've done; they were all OMG YOU'RE AMAZING (who the fuck knew? god bless nerds). on the minus minus side, i don't/won't golf and one of the motherfuckers listens to dave matthews ALL DAY.

:cac

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:31 PM »
got moved into a team room from my posh office, which i now share with a veep and two general managers. on the plus side, i'm in DA CLUB. on the down side, my internetting time has been shredded. on the plus plus side, i think beating r-type in front of them (on my old portable psone) will net me a bigger bonus than any work i've done; they were all OMG YOU'RE AMAZING (who the fuck knew? god bless nerds). on the minus minus side, i don't/won't golf and one of the motherfuckers listens to dave matthews ALL DAY.

i also got called a hipster by 25 yr. old junior pm yesterday. i have no beard, wear regular jeans, have a cornball non-coiffure, and despise urban self-sufficiency. that said, my non-ironic ironic game is straight up jordan-class balla and i drink shit pissbeer in public, so maybe he recognizes cac greatness under all the nondescript dorkitude.

You're a 40 year old that has a motorcycle fetish and just got a tattoo. You're clearly not a hipster but a sad cac going through a midlife crisis. Sheesh. These people.
yar

Kara

« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2015, 11:46:07 PM »
Drinky with that fresh tribal ink. :preach

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1012 on: October 07, 2015, 12:00:25 AM »
Does your tattoo say 'Ceci n'est pas une hipster'? or is it just a picture of you on a motorcycle?

nudemacusers

« Reply #1013 on: October 07, 2015, 12:02:15 AM »
Does your tattoo say 'Ceci n'est pas une hipster'? or is it just a picture of you on a motorcycle?
you don't know the half of it
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1014 on: October 07, 2015, 12:10:48 AM »
Dave Matthews Band is the definition of White Noise
WDW

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1015 on: October 07, 2015, 01:01:16 AM »

if you can't fuck with that I can't fuck with you

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1016 on: October 07, 2015, 02:36:48 AM »

Actually you've gone überhipster by postironically sporting hardcore norm core couture, day in, day out.

You fucking hipster.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1017 on: October 07, 2015, 02:45:53 AM »
PD and Walrus- you guys would be more effective trolls if you didn't constantly back up each other's shitposting on like, every topic. Awful music, GURM/ASoIaF worship, etc. One of you pick one and defend it to the death, the other do the other, don't post backing each other up. I just ignore you these days. So predictable.
yar

Kara

« Reply #1018 on: October 07, 2015, 02:46:56 AM »

Actually you've gone überhipster by postironically sporting hardcore norm core couture, day in, day out.

You fucking hipster.

The only winning move is not to play. :ohhh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1019 on: October 07, 2015, 03:23:37 AM »
No troll, I legit like some DMB. I've shat on them before as a collective band but they have multiple tracks I like.

It's not my fault that Walrus has good taste and a master's degree.