Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535678 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1140 on: October 18, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
So three teenagers snuck/broke into my Mom's home on Saturday. Went into her bedroom. At gunpoint asked her where her money was. Got 15 dollars. Told her to go back to sleep and not to call the cops. And went down and stole her TV. So yeah... that happened.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything is okay. The idiots were caught. The TV was recovered. And she seems to be fine emotionally now. Just a crazy thing to happen. I guess its time to vote for Trump.
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
Shit, Stoney, sorry that happened. I'm glad your mom is alright.

Fifstar

« Reply #1142 on: October 19, 2015, 05:53:24 AM »
Damn. Hopefully she can emotionally recover from that.
Gulp

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1143 on: October 19, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »
So three teenagers snuck/broke into my Mom's home on Saturday. Went into her bedroom. At gunpoint asked her where her money was. Got 15 dollars. Told her to go back to sleep and not to call the cops. And went down and stole her TV. So yeah... that happened.

Everything is okay. The idiots were caught. The TV was recovered. And she seems to be fine emotionally now. Just a crazy thing to happen. I guess its time to vote for Trump.
[close]

This goddamn pills and heroin bullshit these kids are doing now is beyond my capability to understand. We just had like 10 kids between the ages of 16-19 get arrested for robbing a lot of houses out my way.

My only advice is make sure your shit is locked up tight and put in a security system. It seems like it's not a matter of if you'll get robbed anymore, but when...sad times.
YMMV

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1144 on: October 19, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
She seems to be okay. My mom is a pretty tough lady so I think she will be okay. The family will probably make sure she puts in a security system. The jackasses got in because there is a side entrance to her house that she never uses that she thought was locked but it wasn't. So it was just unlucky that they tried that door and found it unlocked.

One other funny side note. The police arrested the people that bought her TV from the criminals for receiving stolen goods.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1145 on: October 19, 2015, 11:34:22 AM »
Glad she's ok.

Yea AiA it's pretty crazy seeing just how prominent Xanax abuse and other shit is today with kids. They think it's as harmless as weed. Nah brehs....

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1146 on: October 19, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »
Glad she's ok.

Yea AiA it's pretty crazy seeing just how prominent Xanax abuse and other shit is today with kids. They think it's as harmless as weed. Nah brehs....

Got kids out here robbing houses and shit. And you tell me it's like weed? We did weed when I was a kid, nobody said "Hey lets go rob them people for more weed"...well that's not fair we did have our fair share of gangsters, but it wasn't nothing like it is now. You got white ass burbs kids breaking into houses and shit.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1147 on: October 19, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »
No I'm saying kids think pills are as harmless for them as weed. In reality Xanax and this other shit are pretty dangerous and addictive.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1148 on: October 19, 2015, 01:01:37 PM »

[close]

This goddamn pills and heroin bullshit these kids are doing now

Pretty sure drug abuse and crime was a lot worse when you were a kid. 

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1149 on: October 19, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »

[close]

This goddamn pills and heroin bullshit these kids are doing now

Pretty sure drug abuse and crime was a lot worse when you were a kid.

You're a fucking moron if you think kids today aren't doing a shit ton more heroin and pain pills than we did. We didn't even know what that shit look like back then.

Hell it's quadrupled since 2002
http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feature/Story/38518933---FIGHT-FOR-OUR-KIDS

"Now it’s at an all-time high across the nation, not just here but everywhere,” Weatherford said. "There are so many people out there dealing with this stuff. They are pretty open about it.”

In fact, the CDC says heroin use is at epidemic levels and young people 18 to 25 are falling prey. Between 2002 and 2013 nationally, the rate of heroin-related overdose deaths nearly quadrupled, and more than 8,200 people died in 2013.

Heroin has evolved to the point where dealers label their batch in pride with names such as Call of Duty.

"That’s indicative to the perception of harm or disapproval being very low right now,” said Erin Day, director of the Wilson County Substance Abuse Coalition. "We need to increase the perception of risk, harm, because it’s real. That’s an opportunity for our community.”

But please, by all means tell me why I'm wrong here, idiot....
YMMV

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1150 on: October 19, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »
I still need to try heroin. I feel like I'm at a point in life where it would just make sense. 💉

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1151 on: October 19, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »
My wife had a friend who lived in Florida that died from a heroin OD. He and his gf shot up one day and they both passed out. She woke up and shot up some more and injected what was left into him as he was still passed out. He never woke up. His family tried to get her on a murder charge and she just couldn't understand where these accusations were coming from because she didn't do anything wrong.  :lol

Sorry, it's hard not to laugh at completely oblivious people.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1152 on: October 19, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
My wife had a friend who lived in Florida that died from a heroin OD. He and his gf shot up one day and they both passed out. She woke up and shot up some more and injected what was left into him as he was still passed out. He never woke up. His family tried to get her on a murder charge and she just couldn't understand where these accusations were coming from because she didn't do anything wrong.  :lol

Sorry, it's hard not to laugh at completely oblivious people.

Nothing is worse than an addict who tells me I shouldn't be judging them because I don't understand their struggle. Actually, sure I do, I was smart enough to know how that movie ends.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1153 on: October 19, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
It took white people dying of heroin for anyone to start a national discussion on it.  :doge

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1154 on: October 19, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
It took white people dying of heroin for anyone to start a national discussion on it.  :doge

They still ain't talking about crack though, just putting peeps in prison for years because of it all low key now.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1155 on: October 19, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »

They still ain't talking about crack though, just putting peeps in prison for years because of it all low key now.

With violent crime rising for the first time in years I fully expect this bipartisan agreement on criminal justice reform/drug laws to evaporate; it'll be used as an excuse to kill legislation ("why reward criminals!"). Nothing will change.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1156 on: October 19, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »
If she likes dogs she could get one to hang out in the back yard. Breaking into a house on a weekend definitely sounds like a spur of the moment crime so hopefully just seeing/hearing a dog will make thieves move on to an easier target.

It is a pretty recent thing with rural white people getting into heroin after getting hooked on oxycontin but I'm not sure what you're talking about is super directly relevant here. Although Florida is kind of the center of the prescription painkiller problem.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1157 on: October 20, 2015, 02:03:30 PM »
Drugs are like clothes. They go in and out of style and can vary wildly based on where you live. Heroin was very much "in" in the early 90's, you just had to live in the right spots in the country where it was distributed cheaply.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1158 on: October 20, 2015, 10:33:58 PM »
I was surprised to read what a toll it had on the Los Angeles rock scene in the '90s. I mean, it sounds like it's pretty great the first time, it's just that no-one ever manages to stop after the first time. In Scar Tissue, Kiedis talks about how it was so hard to quit and stay quit, it killed Hillel and nearly killed Frusciante and Kiedis as well.

bluemax

« Reply #1159 on: October 21, 2015, 02:39:25 AM »

[close]

This goddamn pills and heroin bullshit these kids are doing now is beyond my capability to understand. We just had like 10 kids between the ages of 16-19 get arrested for robbing a lot of houses out my way.

My only advice is make sure your shit is locked up tight and put in a security system. It seems like it's not a matter of if you'll get robbed anymore, but when...sad times.

Is heroin a big thing with kids now? Some girl I used to work with posted a thing on FB saying she was looking to interview anyone from New Hampshire who had been affected by heroin cause apparently its a big deal over there now.

As for my struggle. Monday was my birthday and I got my Facebook birthday wishes than actual phone calls or invites to do anything. Most of them came from people I haven't even fucking talked to in 6 months or more.

On top of that something I ate has given me diarrhea for two straight days, so I spent my birthday at home shitting.
NO

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1160 on: October 21, 2015, 07:06:05 AM »
Drugs are like clothes. They go in and out of style and can vary wildly based on where you live. Heroin was very much "in" in the early 90's, you just had to live in the right spots in the country where it was distributed cheaply.

Jesus christ get a fucking grip. Heroin wasn't 5 bucks a bag in the 90's nor was it prevalent in the suburbs and rural areas. Every goddamn law enforcement agency is adopting narcan as standard equipment now

Hell don't take my word for it, http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/heroin/

Stop posting just to counter what I say, you're an irritant lately.
YMMV

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1161 on: October 21, 2015, 07:20:11 AM »
As for my struggle. Monday was my birthday and I got my Facebook birthday wishes than actual phone calls or invites to do anything. Most of them came from people I haven't even fucking talked to in 6 months or more.

That's how it is now a days. It's kinda funny to see those sorts of people doing that and you're like "Uh... thanks?"

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1162 on: October 21, 2015, 08:13:45 AM »
Nami is getting a tooth removed today and my anxiety is pretty bad  :(

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1163 on: October 21, 2015, 08:18:33 AM »
My youngest son apparently doesn't understand why you can't keep the headlights on all night in his car. Which is behind mine which in in the garage.

Grrrrr.
YMMV

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1164 on: October 21, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »

Jesus christ get a fucking grip. Heroin wasn't 5 bucks a bag in the 90's nor was it prevalent in the suburbs and rural areas. Every goddamn law enforcement agency is adopting narcan as standard equipment now

Just because something becomes more widespread (or reported), doesn't mean it was non-existent before. There's plenty of bios and first-hand accounts of people who partied in the early 90's and heroin was one of the drugs that was floating around.

I apologize that having a different opinion and speaking with more nuance is uncomfortable for you.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1165 on: October 21, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »

Just because something becomes more widespread (or reported), doesn't mean it was non-existent before. There's plenty of bios and first-hand accounts of people who partied in the early 90's and heroin was one of the drugs that was floating around.

I apologize that having a different opinion and speaking with more nuance is uncomfortable for you.

Nuance? Your evidence is "uh I read stories" and you provided no proof. Awesome.
YMMV

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1166 on: October 21, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
You could very well both be right. Notice that TA didn't even contradict anything you said. The development could have started to ramp up in the 90s, explaining his view of things.

While we're here, why do you feel the need to shit on people for any little thing? It's like you only come here when you're angry. You remember the small man syndrome you've talked about before? You react like that when people do anything but nod along with whatever you say. Chill the fuck out. Turn it down to 10 or 9 at the very least or nobody is going to engage you any more.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1167 on: October 21, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »

Nuance? Your evidence is "uh I read stories" and you provided no proof. Awesome.

'Heroin Chic' became a thing in the early 90's for a reason. In NYC, the emergency room cases more than doubled in 4 years. As they discuss in this link (http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth340.pdf) , street heroin became more pure and people could sniff it (instead of injecting). The CDC (and other drug awareness groups)  only focused on people that were injecting because of the AIDS crisis.

So yea, it was virtually non-existent in suburban/rural areas, but was pretty common in metropolitan areas.  'Disco Bloodbath' is a pretty good account of the drug scene of the time.  Marc Maron (WTF podcast) often shares stories about the changes that happened in NYC and San Francisco (while he lived there) during this time.

While we're here, why do you feel the need to shit on people for any little thing?

AiA is a classic narcissist. So, it's just part of who he is.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/201110/the-narcissists-dilemma-they-can-dish-it-out

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:18:42 PM by ToxicAdam »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1168 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »
Nami needs 6 teeth pulled, instead of the 1 I thought she needed.  Going to be $1000.  Fuck. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1169 on: October 21, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »
Fuck I feel terrible for letting it get that bad.  Feel like a bad parent. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1170 on: October 21, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »
Damn Arv, is this a problem common to her breed? Did they recommend like dentastix in the future or a food change?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1171 on: October 21, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
They recommended brushing, which she won't do.  I can finger rub on tooth paste but it doesn't do much.  I already give her dental treats, so I don't know why they got this bad.  I don't think bad teeth is a breed thing.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1172 on: October 21, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
:( sorry man

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1173 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »
Nami needs 6 teeth pulled, instead of the 1 I thought she needed.  Going to be $1000.  Fuck.

http://www.carecredit.com/

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1174 on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
Get well soon, Nami.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1175 on: October 21, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
Opiates are a dirty secret in the midwest.  Once states started limiting how much pseudoephedrine you could buy at once, the era of bathtub meth was over.  Then it was opiates like oxycodone and the like because chances are that people knew other people who were prescribed opiates due to pain (whether it be related to an injury or chronic pain).  Except once people couldn't afford oxycontin, they started shooting up heroin and fentanyl because it was a cheaper high.

It's been going on for almost a decade now but nobody is really talking about it much because it's the rural areas and lol flyover country amirite?
🍆🍆

bluemax

« Reply #1176 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:14 PM »

That's how it is now a days. It's kinda funny to see those sorts of people doing that and you're like "Uh... thanks?"

I hate it. I honestly might remove my birthday from Facebook because I just feel the whole thing is weird. Like what am I supposed to say? "Thanks people who never call me to hang out or invite me to do anything! I'm super lonely 364 days of the year but its nice to know that 1 day a year you all pretend to remember me!"

I'd rather just not think about it.

Opiates are a dirty secret in the midwest.  Once states started limiting how much pseudoephedrine you could buy at once, the era of bathtub meth was over.  Then it was opiates like oxycodone and the like because chances are that people knew other people who were prescribed opiates due to pain (whether it be related to an injury or chronic pain).  Except once people couldn't afford oxycontin, they started shooting up heroin and fentanyl because it was a cheaper high.

It's been going on for almost a decade now but nobody is really talking about it much because it's the rural areas and lol flyover country amirite?

Well like I said it has progressed its way to ultra rich white privilege New Hampshire so hey, maybe now people will notice!
NO

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1177 on: October 23, 2015, 03:21:56 AM »
Insomnia is so demonic. :goty2

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1178 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »
my cat has the worst fuckin teeth. she's already had to get half of them removed and this is with brushing, but snowshoe siamese are known for bad teeth so i guess that's the way it was going to go anyway.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1179 on: October 23, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »
That sucks.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1180 on: October 23, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
last time we were at the vet they said she needs some more removed, but she's 15 now so i'm not sure what to do cause it's going to be another $800  :-\

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1181 on: October 23, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
Sometimes I get super loud tummy rumbles that sound like farts.  Today is one of those days. 

ToxicAdam

« Reply #1182 on: October 23, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »
Isn't that just the warning bell that diarrhea is coming  in about 60 minutes?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1183 on: October 23, 2015, 04:19:19 PM »
Not for me.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1184 on: October 24, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
Fuck I feel terrible for letting it get that bad.  Feel like a bad parent.

How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned?  I have my dog's teeth get cleaned every six months.  I can never brush my dog's teeth worth a damn.
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1185 on: October 24, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
Never.  The vets generally said her teeth looked ok at check ups. 

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
brb

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1187 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
I think I'll just continue not talking to fat women, in case I accidentally shame them. 

Kara

« Reply #1188 on: October 24, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »
Like you talk to any women. :doge

Kara

« Reply #1189 on: October 24, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »
Jodie Layne is a sex educator by day and a writer also by day. Her hobbies include re-considering an educational career and creating a B.A. in Kanye Studies, wishing there was a ShondaCon, trying to make the perfect "Meg Ryan Rom Com Feels" playlist, and preparing the imminent arrival of her certain anxiety-fueled demise.

OT: ^read this

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1191 on: October 24, 2015, 11:55:31 AM »
Fascism on the march.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1192 on: October 24, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »
Samson you are too good looking and that's shaming us fatties. 

Tasty

« Reply #1193 on: October 24, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »
Literally don't have enough money to buy food lol.

Might have to hit up a Coinstar or something.

« Reply #1194 on: October 24, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
Between some high end audio gear, a Nebula 4000 handheld gimbal, and a Nexus 5X, I've spent $1,692 this week.

Month is gonna be tight. Thankfully I've been saving up for the past couple months for some of this stuff.

:PP

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1195 on: October 24, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »
Got a bill today from my recent trip to the ER [CT scan, some injections, blood and urine samples, and a bed for a couple hours] and after my insurance paid a huge chunk of it I still owed $3,400. :goty
dog

« Reply #1196 on: October 24, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Great Rumbler. It's just not right.

Kara

« Reply #1197 on: October 24, 2015, 01:16:52 PM »
Vintage The Business post. :aah

E: Sorry, GR. :(

Tasty

« Reply #1198 on: October 24, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
Between some high end audio gear, a Nebula 4000 handheld gimbal, and a Nexus 5X, I've spent $1,692 this week.

Month is gonna be tight. Thankfully I've been saving up for the past couple months for some of this stuff.

:PP

Yup, this was my own doing. :)

Won't make the next week any less #struggle though.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1199 on: October 24, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »
You should get some credit cards Andy for this sort of situation. Well I mean the ideal way to use them is to always use like 50% of the limit and then pay it off completely every month to build credit as much as possible but that does require decent planning of your in/outflows.

Got a bill today from my recent trip to the ER [CT scan, some injections, blood and urine samples, and a bed for a couple hours] and after my insurance paid a huge chunk of it I still owed $3,400. :goty

If you do end up with a money crisis in the near future then you could ask the hospital to forgive whatever is left and they often do that sort of thing as part of their charity spending. Does it look like they're able to fix your pooper?