Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535436 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1320 on: November 06, 2015, 01:57:13 PM »
Like somedays I get up and I'm just depressed I can't go out and murder a peoples anymore #whitepeopleproblems

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1321 on: November 06, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
It was the "I just got up" smoke for me.

It'll suck pretty bad but afterwards you'll be able to enjoy it / use it as a PED again. :)

Went and bought a full tabacco filter cig at the unit for now. Having to go at the tobacconist for every round of drugs may help me limiting myself.

It does. I only go to ones on certain routes I take on certain days of the week.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #1322 on: November 07, 2015, 10:19:05 AM »
Just got out of the Hospital to fix the deviated septum I apparently had since a child. They took out my nasal splints after I thought they were going to wait a week and I was still hurting from post-op. It hurt like a motherfucker because they were fucking huge ones.

Now my nose is swollen and blacked up. Black crumbs of dried blood for the next three days and bland food. And worst of all. No Hot Coffee

:brazilcry

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1323 on: November 07, 2015, 10:34:32 AM »
If you're lucky you'll pull out a huge gob of coagulated blood. Post it to r/popping.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1324 on: November 07, 2015, 10:36:59 AM »
And worst of all. No Hot Coffee

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is 11 years old now, breh. It's time to branch out.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get well soon.
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1325 on: November 07, 2015, 12:45:01 PM »
Binged on cinnamon buns again.  Sugar rush.  :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1326 on: November 07, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
Just got out of the Hospital to fix the deviated septum I apparently had since a child. They took out my nasal splints after I thought they were going to wait a week and I was still hurting from post-op. It hurt like a motherfucker because they were fucking huge ones.

Now my nose is swollen and blacked up. Black crumbs of dried blood for the next three days and bland food. And worst of all. No Hot Coffee

You had splints? My nasal cavities were packed with gauze, I saw no splints when they removed them. Maybe they forgot them in there?  :-X

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1327 on: November 07, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
Does it change the appearance or just help with breathing? I'm supposed to get a septuloplasty in the next few months.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #1328 on: November 08, 2015, 08:22:31 AM »
Does it change the appearance or just help with breathing? I'm supposed to get a septuloplasty in the next few months.

Doesn't change the appearance. Mine was to help with breathing due to a deviated septum starting to block an airway and producing more mucus that would block it further. It swelled up for a little and started to ease back down to day.

Shouldn't be too worried, really. It's the bleeding and past the first night that's the rough part.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1329 on: November 08, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »
You'll always have the memory though

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1330 on: November 08, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »
Right by the expressway in Joliet, Missouri there's a big factory with "F.A.G. Ball Bearings" in huge letters on the side of it for the American branch of the German company F.A.G.

Kara

« Reply #1331 on: November 08, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
Right by the expressway in Joliet, Missouri there's a big factory with "F.A.G. Ball Bearings" in huge letters on the side of it for the American branch of the German company F.A.G.

You shared this in my thread about F.A.G.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1332 on: November 08, 2015, 12:49:52 PM »
Can enough be said about F.A.G.?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1333 on: November 08, 2015, 04:55:04 PM »
Ah yes the Film Actors Guild factory, where stars are made. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1334 on: November 08, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
This was supposed to be great, relaxing weekend. Instead the wife and I have had to spend most of it defending the fact discriminating against children based on what their parents do is wrong. And that compassionate people should know better and if they don't then perhaps they really aren't compassionate.
Thanks LDS church! :doge
que

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1335 on: November 08, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »
Wait what this spurned on by the gay couples thing, because the idea that they're "wrong" too is just :scust. But whatever I don't follow a religion so I don't have to deal with that "this sin is the worst" cherry picking crap.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1336 on: November 09, 2015, 01:51:12 AM »
This was brought on by the church's new policy of excluding children of gay parents to be baptized (and thereby interact in any meaningful way) into the church.
And also putting being married to someone of the same sex on the hard list of apostasy which in essence makes worse than rape, sexual abuse, and in cases, murder.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1337 on: November 09, 2015, 02:06:07 AM »
This was brought on by the church's new policy of excluding children of gay parents to be baptized (and thereby interact in any meaningful way) into the church.
And also putting being married to someone of the same sex on the hard list of apostasy which in essence makes worse than rape, sexual abuse, and in cases, murder.
LDS priorities every bit as screwed up as they've ever been. Sorry, Puppy. It's nice that your brethren get to be judgmental and all, so they can just ignore that part of the "only God can judge" thing. I'm godless and free to judge though, so congratulations to all of LDS on following a religion created by a known con artist who convinced followers that he had magic glasses. Mormons at least beat Scientologists to the punch by more than a century; the early bird gets dibs on the magic underwear, I guess.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
My family was not religious, but both of my father's two younger brothers adopted Mormonism, and managed to really sour me on the whole charade.
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1338 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:26 AM »
Be a Mormon brehs.
:kobeyuck

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1339 on: November 09, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Isn't SLC considered one of the gayest cities in America?  As in it is right up there with San Francisco.
🍆🍆

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1340 on: November 09, 2015, 10:07:03 AM »
Yes it is, which is what makes this even more perplexing.
que

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1341 on: November 09, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »
Puppy, are y'all practicing Mormons or just have a lot of family? I forget.
yar

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1342 on: November 09, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
Puppy, are y'all practicing Mormons or just have a lot of family? I forget.
We haven't practiced since prop 8. But my wife's family is MORMON way way mormon. Mine less so but they're still mormon too.
que

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1343 on: November 09, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
Bummer, man. It's rough when your families are majorly invested in things that you find objectionable on that level.  :-\
yar

Kara

« Reply #1344 on: November 09, 2015, 03:08:10 PM »
Forbidding the baptism of children because of their parents is ridiculous. Good on ya for sticking up for them, Ron.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1345 on: November 09, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
I have some TVC-lite intestinal issues where everything that came out of my butt in the last 12 hours has been either incredibly constipated or like diarrhea oily discharges with lots of flatulence. It started after I woke up from a dinner of hot dogs and whiskey. Oh well hopefully it clears itself up.

bluemax

« Reply #1346 on: November 09, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
Puppy, I've been reading the Mormon thread over on GAF. Sounds like the older of my two younger brothers is having his "go away from the church" crisis. I'm betting as soon as he is able to move out of my parents house he will go full on ditch the church mode.

Meanwhile my youngest brother got engaged to some girl he met through church activities and has known less than a year. And she currently lives in a completely different state (while finishing her degree). She tagged my bro in a post on FB saying how excited she was to get to marry her best friend. It seems weird to me that she considers someone she's known less than a year to be her best friend. I guess I'm just feel weird because my last long term relationship I lived with the girl for like 2 years, survived being temporarily homeless, survived a 17 hour car trip and yet still ended up having it not work out and he's marry a girl he doesn't even see daily.

I also had to tell him that if I do manage to make it up for the wedding I can't go to the actual wedding because I'm totally not temple eligible at this time (nor will I likely ever be again).
NO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1347 on: November 10, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »
God's love, full-on conditional.

Kara

« Reply #1348 on: November 10, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
If your brother's marriage ever went south his soon to be waifu wouldn't talk to him again (barring kid crap) while you and your ex have had a post-relationship relationship because you had something more substantial. God hates us all.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1349 on: November 10, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »
I grew up in a super religious Muslim community and no one from there is open about not being religious or being not hetero (to my knowledge). Even talking to people who are like fourth-hand acquaintances, they are very surprised when I say something that sounds atheisty but I've learned from that that there's no gentle way to broach the subject of issues in organized religion.

Also never ever argue religion with anyone who is devoutly religious or irreligious unless you can quote the scripture you need for your argument. And I assume in Mormonism like other religions, there's a whole hierarchy in contradictory scriptures/interpretations.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1350 on: November 10, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
Puppy, I've been reading the Mormon thread over on GAF. Sounds like the older of my two younger brothers is having his "go away from the church" crisis. I'm betting as soon as he is able to move out of my parents house he will go full on ditch the church mode.

Meanwhile my youngest brother got engaged to some girl he met through church activities and has known less than a year. And she currently lives in a completely different state (while finishing her degree). She tagged my bro in a post on FB saying how excited she was to get to marry her best friend. It seems weird to me that she considers someone she's known less than a year to be her best friend. I guess I'm just feel weird because my last long term relationship I lived with the girl for like 2 years, survived being temporarily homeless, survived a 17 hour car trip and yet still ended up having it not work out and he's marry a girl he doesn't even see daily.

I also had to tell him that if I do manage to make it up for the wedding I can't go to the actual wedding because I'm totally not temple eligible at this time (nor will I likely ever be again).
I'd say something about "LOLZ < 1 year" but honestly I've met too many indians that have great marriages that met their spouse a week before they got married (of course they were arranged) to each their own I guess.

But it does suck about not being able to attend the wedding. Remember, the church is doing it because they love you and want you to be close to your family.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1351 on: November 10, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
Got my first super like and I accidentally didn't like back because I didn't know how that shit works.  :(  She was hot too.

Kara

« Reply #1352 on: November 10, 2015, 02:10:58 PM »
But it does suck about not being able to attend the wedding. Remember, the church is doing it because they love you and want you to be close to your family.

I voluntarily excuse myself from attending as many religious events as possible and it's not too bad. As long as you bring a thoughtful gift to the after-event no one gives you shit for missing the religious bit and you can be there for whomever you care about without being made to feel :holeup by sitting in on a religious ceremony.

bluemax

« Reply #1353 on: November 10, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
If your brother's marriage ever went south his soon to be waifu wouldn't talk to him again (barring kid crap) while you and your ex have had a post-relationship relationship because you had something more substantial. God hates us all.

It is nice having someone to talk USC football with!

I'd say something about "LOLZ < 1 year" but honestly I've met too many indians that have great marriages that met their spouse a week before they got married (of course they were arranged) to each their own I guess.

Ha, yeah I remember back in HS a friend of mine's dad got remarried and her friends didn't understand why they couldn't go to the wedding and apparently his new wife's family had a lot of issues with it. My brother was fine when I told him I couldn't go the wedding, he just wanted me to be up there for the reception and to meet his bride. If I was someone with more work stability I'd have booked a plane ticket but right now I can't commit to something multiple months out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:54:58 PM by bluemax »
NO

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1354 on: November 10, 2015, 03:30:51 PM »
It's sorta sad that for an organization so focused on keeping families together, I've seen the church tear families apart more than keep them together.
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1355 on: November 10, 2015, 03:33:59 PM »
Glad I don't have to deal with religion anymore. I've also somehow avoided awkward conversations on my newfound apathy, or agnosticism or whatever you want to call it. I know plenty of people who would look down on me if they knew I wasn't religious anymore; not my friends, but moreso family friends (ie my parents' peers and friends, and some family members). Really the only time the subject is breached is when I run into one of my mom's female friends who wants me to meet her "god fearing, good cook" daughter. Nah I'm good.  :doge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1356 on: November 10, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
God fearing girls need to shop at the dollar store too, if you know what I mean PD

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1357 on: November 10, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
Yea, Dollar Store Girl is probably the antithesis of everything my mom loves. She's basically Triumph without the beard.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1358 on: November 10, 2015, 03:53:34 PM »
I read that as Trump :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1359 on: November 10, 2015, 03:55:07 PM »
Yea, Dollar Store Girl is probably the antithesis of everything my mom loves. She's basically Triumph without the beard.

This explains much  :doge
yar

Kara

« Reply #1360 on: November 10, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »
So you really didn't want to meet her fam because you were afraid that then you'd have to reciprocate and your fam would give you grief. I knew there was more to this sitch. :money

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1361 on: November 10, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »
Yea, that and my genuine distaste for responsibility/real relationships. But I feel better about the relationship now so who knows.

Two of my brothers are dating right now, and my mom doesn't like either of their girlfriends. Both of those particular chicks are more successful than my ladyfriend. At the end of the day my ladyfriend is pursuing school/a career so I don't see why anyone would look down on her...but I know my mom would. Mix in her crass sense of humor, drinking regimen, distaste for religion, music taste or lack thereof, etc...yea  :doge

Kara

« Reply #1362 on: November 10, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
I once caught grief for dating a rich white girl. That's literally the lottery! :lol Successful parents can get too caught up in the successful thing and forget about the whole being happy thing. :doge

Gonna enjoy ending this bloodline of mine. :aah

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1363 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »
Local demographics.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1364 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:47 AM »
Hm, scratch that then.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1365 on: November 11, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »
I dated a rich girl once, well blue blood

Shit was cray

Her mom cooked me food when I stayed over and stuff and talked to me as her bf, even though she already had a bf for years.

Now she is married to that guy  :lol

This is not a struggle btw but a weird memory

Bebpo

« Reply #1366 on: November 11, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
That weird feeling when you wake up at 6:30pm on your day off after being overworked and busy for the last couple of weeks... :dizzy

I guess I'll have some breakfast.

Kara

« Reply #1367 on: November 11, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
I bought a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz and some cans of Guinness Nitro IPA to fuel the creation of Bore original content. :snoop

I also bought a bottle of good beer (that cost more than the Shiraz :dead) and the the cashier gave me the "one of these is not like the others" look. :snoop

« Reply #1368 on: November 11, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »
I would drink a nitro IPA (on draught.) I love trying non-stouts on nitro.

Kara

« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2015, 12:10:02 AM »
I'm banking on it translating poorly to a can. :preach

Tasty

« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
Drunkenly made out with a 70 year old last night. :fbm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »
:rofl

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »
One of my retirement investment accounts is taking a huge shit right now. Fuck you overseas investments. Eat peckers.

Index   Country   Change   % Change   Level   Last Update
    Dow Jones Industrial Average   United States   -159.11   -0.90%   17,543.11   11:58am ET
    S&P 500 INDEX   United States   -13.96   -0.67%   2,061.04   11:59:25am ET
    Brazil Bovespa Stock Index   Brazil   -56.13   -0.12%   47,008.88   11:43am ET
    Canada S&P/TSX 60   Canada   -8.10   -1.03%   775.33   11:58am ET
    Santiago Index IPSA   Chile   -4.32   -0.14%   3,047.29   11:38am ET
    IPC   Mexico   -85.32   -0.19%   44,262.59   11:38am ET
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
I had you pegged as more of a bond guy, though interest rates have been dogshit forever.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »
I had you pegged as more of a bond guy, though interest rates have been dogshit forever.

Gold, two retirement accounts, some bonds, some silver. I like variety in my investments  :paul
YMMV

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1375 on: November 12, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »
Drunkenly made out with a 70 year old last night. :fbm

This is disgusting. Please tell us more.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1376 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »
Yes. Could you feel the dentures?

Kara

« Reply #1377 on: November 12, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »
How did you know he, she, or the Galápagos giant tortoise was 70?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1378 on: November 12, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »
Canonically 70?
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1379 on: November 12, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »

Gold, two retirement accounts, some bonds, some silver. I like variety in my investments  :paul

Another happy client of Wu-Tang Financial.  :money
©ZH