Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535823 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1440 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
Cats gets me.

Also I feel like shit today.   :'(

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1441 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
See if any dentists in your area accept Care Credit. It's a medical payment plan. Many vets, dental and medical offices absorb the interest.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1442 on: December 02, 2015, 10:03:27 AM »
Just saw the part where he cracked his tooth. That happened to me once when I cracked my tooth without dental insurance in college  so I had to wait a month until the following term to add it to my college health insurance plan.

Then I maxed out the yearly payout getting the dentist visits/root canal to save the tooth. The dentists concluded the reason I wasn't in agonizing pain was the nerve was totally dead so that was lucky and might be the same situation Arvie is in.

Arvie go to a dentist. I nearly lost that tooth.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1443 on: December 02, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
:(

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1444 on: December 02, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Blew a hose clamp on my car today.

Towed it to local auto repair guy

"I can't work on Audi's"

Had to tow it again to the dealership. :dunno
YMMV

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1445 on: December 02, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
C'mon man, you can't replace a hose clamp? Or is the radiator just borked?

Fuck, wife just texted me that the kid has lice
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:35:36 AM by CatsCatsCats »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1446 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »
Time to get a new kid

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1447 on: December 02, 2015, 11:42:40 AM »
Remember last night when you patted your kid's head and then touched your own hair later?
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1448 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »
Time to burn your house down.
(lock the kid in just to be sure).
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1449 on: December 02, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
Wife tryin to talk about natural treatment options, fuck that it's chemical warfare time

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1450 on: December 02, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
I keep getting awful chills today :(

Also can't you just put the kid in a prepaid envelope and send it off to planned parenthood?  Or have state cut backs taken that option from you?

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1451 on: December 02, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »
C'mon man, you can't replace a hose clamp? Or is the radiator just borked?

Fuck, wife just texted me that the kid has lice

Dude even if it was just a hose clamp I'd still have to pressure check the gaskets and system, burp it, and check for any wear on my belts.

I was poor once. I know how to fix a car. But I also have to work.
YMMV

Tasty

« Reply #1452 on: December 02, 2015, 10:47:21 PM »
So about two years ago my parents were having trouble making their internet payments, so I decided to help them out. I switched the account over to me in order to pay the bill they accrued from missing some months, but the bills were still delivered in the mail to their address. The expectation I had was that they'd still pay things after I paid what they owed at the time to dig them out of the hole. The bill isn't very large ($36), but it adds up when you don't pay it (surprise.)

Earlier this year we discovered (I discovered) there was a $400 debit on the account in a fairly strongly worded letter filled with lots of scary words. I was annoyed, but paid it and I switched it over so that I would be notified by email when a new bill was due and I'd just pay it myself.

Over the weekend I decided to check my CreditKarma account I setup ages ago but never did anything with, and was pretty shocked to see it's the absolute pits (we'll say sub-600.) I checked, and there's 10 marks against me for the unpaid bills from a year ago.

I can't be mad because my parents missing those bills wasn't deliberate negligence towards me, since other things take priority over the internet and they're struggling to make their mortgage and electric bills every month. But I'm pissed and depressed that this could potentially screw me over credit-wise for ten years or more.

The upside is that those marks are the only things affecting my score at all (I have no loans, debt, etc.), so there's nowhere to go but up, but it's going to require my constant attention and vigilance. I've applied for the card Kara recommended some weeks back (CapitalOne Secured), and surprise surprise, the initial deposit is the maximum it can be.

$200 deposit for $200 line of credit. 24.9% APR. And I won't even get it until February.

Yup, I'm fucked.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1453 on: December 03, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »
That sucks man. When you are young, the credit card companies look for any reason to put you in the high risk category. It took me much of my twenties to improve my credit after I had an unpaid electric bill when I was 21 (I moved out, but still got charged for the next month).

Tasty

« Reply #1454 on: December 03, 2015, 12:16:25 AM »
That sucks man. When you are young, the credit card companies look for any reason to put you in the high risk category. It took me much of my twenties to improve my credit after I had an unpaid electric bill when I was 21 (I moved out, but still got charged for the next month).

Just one bill? Fuck fuck fuck.

I wonder if those credit repair services are worth it at this point.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1455 on: December 03, 2015, 12:21:17 AM »
Well, the bill accrued late charges and was turned over to a collections agency (because I had moved so many times, they were unable to locate me). So at that point, it went on my credit record and there was nothing I could do to contest/reverse it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1456 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:12 AM »
If it's one delinquency type of thing, you can bounce back from that pretty quickly. That happened to me once when I dropped nearly a hundred points from the mid-700s to like 630 or so because I got doublecharged on a dental bill. And it took about a year to get back to where I was. This is maybe different since it's multiple bills from the same company but don't worry too much about it and just set everything on autopay. Ultimately a high credit score is only important for loans and you're probably years away from buying property.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1457 on: December 03, 2015, 01:24:40 AM »
Black marks on the standard credit history for a maximum of seven years. That's unless things of changed from 10 years ago, which they may have. But I had a big mistake with a starter credit card in college, and everything go away after seven years.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1458 on: December 03, 2015, 01:39:29 AM »
If it's one delinquency type of thing, you can bounce back from that pretty quickly. That happened to me once when I dropped nearly a hundred points from the mid-700s to like 630 or so because I got doublecharged on a dental bill. And it took about a year to get back to where I was. This is maybe different since it's multiple bills from the same company but don't worry too much about it and just set everything on autopay. Ultimately a high credit score is only important for loans and you're probably years away from buying property.

Aren't the credit agencies supposed to drop erroneous black marks if you challenge them?

Wait what? Do you mean dropping the bullshit charge for services not rendered or completely removing the late payments from the record? If the latter, then I got to make a phone call.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1459 on: December 03, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
Kids been sick what seems like forever, back to back one thing after another. At least 3/4 weeks in last two months.
Feel so bad for my little trooper and am pretty exhausted to boot.

People say its normal at the start of daycare but oh lordy it would be nice to have some family closeby to help out.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1460 on: December 03, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »
Credit karma is also a scam. I was using it to keep on my score when I was getting ready to buy a house, my score when pulled by the bank was about 150 points higher. Credit karma is designed to sell you credit services by freaking you out.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1461 on: December 03, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »
Kids been sick what seems like forever, back to back one thing after another. At least 3/4 weeks in last two months.
Feel so bad for my little trooper and am pretty exhausted to boot.

People say its normal at the start of daycare but oh lordy it would be nice to have some family closeby to help out.
Sorry to hear your kid's having trouble.

I remember how badly my wife and I worried at that stage, but it was all just par for the course.

Hope it clears up soon!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1462 on: December 03, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Thanks, being a first time parent can be pretty overwhelming sometimes

Tasty

« Reply #1463 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:51 PM »
Credit karma is also a scam. I was using it to keep on my score when I was getting ready to buy a house, my score when pulled by the bank was about 150 points higher. Credit karma is designed to sell you credit services by freaking you out.

I'd rather have them lowball me and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite, though.

The seven years thing is encouraging though. At least there's a light at the end of this.

Also, Andrex, you'll be fine. Most 18 year olds don't have good credit. I got my first credit card in my freshman year of college and used it really stupidly. My score was in the 500s for awhile, but I got it up to 700+ by my mid-20s.

I'm 24 and thus in my mid-20s. :brazilcry

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1464 on: December 03, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »
you'll be fine andrex. Buy small shit with the card on a monthly basic and pay it off immediately.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1465 on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
If you're not going to buy a house or an expensive car in the next seven years, you should be okay, provided that you're doing what you can to fix your credit moving forward.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #1466 on: December 03, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
Thanks for talking me off the ledge guys. :)

Yeah, I'm 100% committed to building my credit now. Thankfully I haven't needed a car and apartment life suits me well, so I should be good for a long while.

Of course, I do entertain the idea of producing my own movies, and bad credit will make that harder at least.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1467 on: December 03, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »

Of course, I do entertain the idea of producing my own movies, and bad credit will make that harder at least.
time to lose 10 pounds in order to catch Bryan Singer's eye.

Tasty

« Reply #1468 on: December 03, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
I'm the right weight (probably) but I'm too old (probably.) :fbm

I hate being in my mid-20's already. :fbm

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1469 on: December 04, 2015, 02:57:21 AM »
You are not even 25 you can reboot your life a gazillion times andy!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1470 on: December 04, 2015, 04:26:59 AM »
Golly you guys sure have a lot of life experience!

Baz Luhrman said in that song the the most interesting people he knows are in their 40s and 50s and still don't know what they want to do.  :-\

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1471 on: December 04, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »
I just left my parent's home for the last time, they sold it and hand it over tomorrow. I spent my entire teens there and I don't miss it based on the memories there but I am worried now about the future as now my mother, grandmother, and 8 year old brother are moving in with me into an apartment for 6 months until hopefully my mother is settled and can go back into the workforce. I've been telling them to get divorced for over 4 years but seeing every week for the last 10 months how manipulative and petty they can be just makes me afraid of not having a relationship that is the opposite of theirs. Not because I'm a super rightous person but because of pride.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1472 on: December 04, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
Golly you guys sure have a lot of life experience!

Baz Luhrman said in that song the the most interesting people he knows are in their 40s and 50s and still don't know what they want to do.  :-\

Interesting to know is a lot different than interesting to be.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1473 on: December 04, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »
That's a support like, not a like like Wrath.  Hope you feel better. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1474 on: December 04, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
I love you Wrath-kun :uguu
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:54:42 PM by CatsCatsCats »

Tasty

« Reply #1475 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
For both Wrath and Walrus, don't ever feel bad about venting in a post (especially in a thread dedicated to it.) What you're actually doing is piling more guilt onto yourselves when it's unnecessary. So please, don't ever write "sorry for this post" about shit like this. I wouldn't say I enjoy reading it, but I'm definitely interested in your mental health and being aware of it so I can possibly offer some advice.

For Wrath, I would try not feeling guilty about hanging out with your friend. You can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. If you want to assuage some guilt, offer to help her out with stuff. You'll still get to hang out with her but it'll be a productive time. I would also say to talk to someone IRL about your issues, whether it's this friend or someone else (my advice would be a therapist, but I know that might not be feasible.)

Finally, find or return to a hobby (one that isn't purely consuming media.) It'll let you feel like you're improving yourself and making headway in the world in some small way. Also, exercise. The endorphins released when working out combat depression, and long-term your body image will improve which will also make you feel better and more confident overall.

That's about all I can offer based on your post. Trying to post actionable things here and not give into platitudes, hope this helps.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #1476 on: December 04, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
Accidentally pushed a policy that deleted a shit ton of emails for my client.

Spent all today and will be spending the majority of my Monday evening fixing it.

Yay.
nat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1477 on: December 04, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »
Just don't go back to her bro.
:tocry

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1478 on: December 04, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
His choice bro
YMMV

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1479 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:24 AM »
Fuck. All the bros went to this bar while the ladies stayed back. They all chanted my name and wanted me to come since I don't usually go. I walked with them to the bar but realized I left my ID in my coat. Walked back and all the girls are watching this chick flick, Age of Adaline.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1480 on: December 05, 2015, 12:07:58 AM »
4 sleep, aint nobody got time or that

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1481 on: December 05, 2015, 12:08:59 AM »
Hiding in my girl's bed. She came upstairs, we talked about threesomes, and then had sex.

She wants to get married someday :snoop

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1482 on: December 05, 2015, 12:44:30 AM »
You can always propose to get the threesome and bail out before the wedding day.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1483 on: December 05, 2015, 12:46:17 AM »
He might have to wait until his wedding night to get the threesome. Women are crafty like that.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1484 on: December 05, 2015, 12:50:03 AM »
Fuck. All the bros went to this bar while the ladies stayed back. They all chanted my name and wanted me to come since I don't usually go. I walked with them to the bar but realized I left my ID in my coat. Walked back and all the girls are watching this chick flick, Age of Adaline.
Flick as in get arrested?

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1485 on: December 05, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »
She's trying to pull some bullshit saying she wants a ring on it before a threesome.

A threesome proves you're wifey material.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1486 on: December 05, 2015, 12:55:12 AM »
Wow I completely read that sentence wrong  :lol

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1487 on: December 05, 2015, 12:57:08 AM »
Yeah, I have no idea what you're saying but I wish they were flicking each other's beans.

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #1488 on: December 06, 2015, 01:12:31 PM »
I got poison ivy on mah face. It is as unpleasant as you think it is. Over here smoking pure #4 Heroin to kill the pain.
UK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1489 on: December 06, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
You need heroin to take the pain of poison ivy away? 

T234

« Reply #1490 on: December 06, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »
You try having a face wound as deep as mine (2.5mm) get poison ivy in it, and then we'll see. It keeps me from scratching it too. Pretty hard to scratch when yer passed out.
UK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1491 on: December 06, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
You try having a face wound as deep as mine (2.5mm) get poison ivy in it, and then we'll see. It keeps me from scratching it too. Pretty hard to scratch when yer passed out.

you are a dope at dope, friend

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1492 on: December 06, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »
Do heroin for any reason Brehs

T234

« Reply #1493 on: December 06, 2015, 06:53:49 PM »
Uncut #4 (better known as China White) doesn't make you itch, friend. Most people never see real #4 period, much less 90%+ like this. 20-25 mg will easily kill a 300 pound man with no tolerance. I also don't shoot it, I smoke it.

Hydrocortisone cream started working, so I put the #4 back up.
UK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1494 on: December 06, 2015, 08:04:38 PM »
Isn't smoking it more addictive?

T234

« Reply #1495 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »
Nope. I never shot it or anything else. Not addicted to it either. I had a brief love affair with it after college, then took acid for the first time. Decided it was bad for me.
UK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1496 on: December 06, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »
Fell back into depression this month.  Things were going good then suddenly they weren't and I feel like I have absolutely no control over it.  I'm pretty tired of everyday being a struggle just to get up, do work, and eat right.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1497 on: December 07, 2015, 06:35:29 AM »
Damn man, hang in there.

Also T234, stop smoking heroine, for real.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1498 on: December 07, 2015, 08:56:42 AM »
Nope. I never shot it or anything else. Not addicted to it either. I had a brief love affair with it after college, then took acid for the first time. Decided it was bad for me.
You realize this is bad right. I know you like impressing us with the quality of your shit but heroin is heroin dude. Chill.

Tasty

« Reply #1499 on: December 07, 2015, 09:37:16 AM »
I feel like even coke would be better than heroin. Opiates are real territory.

But hey, not trying to be judgey. You do you I guess.