Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535091 times)

Tasty

Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #1620 on: December 25, 2015, 10:04:50 PM »
I think to be fair to Andy, that they should explain the importance of clothes. a lot of kids hate getting clothes for Christmas. I think it was a good time for a lesson of being appreciative and wouldn't fault Andy or even the niece in this case. She's 7 and doesn't know better. I think it was a good time for the family to instill the importance of clothes and the idea of Xmas gift sharing rather than fighting about it. Honestly, no offense to you Andy, but Andrex's mom is kind of the person who escalated things here. Not Andrés, not the grandparents, and not the niece. Andrex's sister has the right of it that their mom has no right to decide what to do with the clothes, and rather than correct her granddaughter and promote more appreciative behavior, she decided to ignore the problem in general by threatening to donate the clothes.

I can only imagine how Andy's grandparents feel about their daughter (?) deciding to donate the clothes they bought (made?) rather than teach their great grandchild the value of their gift.

Clothes they bought, but most likely expensive clothes. Otherwise you've got the gist of it.

My sis also made the point that she can't really afford to buy a whole bunch of new clothes for her right now, and certainly not ones as nice as those. It was definitely and overreaction by my mom (but in her defense, she said she's never seen the niece like that before and it was pretty shocking in the moment.)

I'd suggest to Andrex to tell your mother your sister is right and to support your sister and to use this time to instill a lesson for your niece tbh but it looks like she already knows she was wrong and is a good kid anyways.

Kid's mom should be calling out her daughter for being bratty, explain the importance of clothes/useful gifts that aren't just toys.

Kid's mom's mom should stay out of it, ain't her kid.

This was the consensus of the night. And I didn't really come here for a consensus but to vent, I guess.

You should check in with your sis/kid's mom about your niece's behavior as of late before showering her with tons of gifts.

Well duh, I always give my sis a heads up when I think about getting something big-ish. But also, it's fucking Christmas and she's 7 and the only "kid" in our family now.

Chill out more with your grandparents before they're gone.

Yes, deffo. Mostly what I need to improve is calling them more often.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1621 on: December 25, 2015, 10:13:43 PM »
At least you have grandparents Andrex. Mine are all dead, and every holiday event is lifeless now.

Tasty

« Reply #1622 on: December 25, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
Oh wait I forgot to mention my mom told me tonight she's getting a biopsy in a month and might have cancer.

:-\

At least you have grandparents Andrex. Mine are all dead, and every holiday event is lifeless now.

Goddamn fuck :fbm

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1623 on: December 25, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »
Lost 3 of my grandparents before I hit 5, grandma had a stroke in '05 and became more and more debilitated till she passed in '10. Holidays were always small. Less fam every year as parents didn't really entertain extended fam much. I don't have any siblings so before long I'll be all alone in terms of relatives.

:yeshrug

Tasty

« Reply #1624 on: December 25, 2015, 10:33:17 PM »
I don't think it's a contest, Devo.

Mods Help

« Reply #1625 on: December 25, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
Oh wait I forgot to mention my mom told me tonight she's getting a biopsy in a month and might have cancer.

:-\

I hope everything turns out okay :(

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #1626 on: December 25, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »

Just sayin' Holidays have been a pretty lonely experience for me and it will get worse. Won't say anything next time.

« Reply #1627 on: December 26, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »
Wished my best friend a Merry Christmas over iMessage. He responded with a "Isn't this like your tenth Christmas away from home?"

:dead

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1628 on: December 26, 2015, 03:27:11 AM »

Just sayin' Holidays have been a pretty lonely experience for me and it will get worse. Won't say anything next time.

I don't know, mang. If you can't complain in the fucking struggle thread, maybe it's time to consider the wisdom of others as suspect.

« Reply #1629 on: December 26, 2015, 03:39:30 AM »
Changed my likes per chronovore's sagely wisdom.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #1630 on: December 26, 2015, 04:56:44 AM »
Hope things work out well for your mom, Andy. Maybe that's why she overreacted. Not like she hasn't been going through a stressful time.

I'm 30 years old and opening clothes is still boring AF. If your 7 year old niece apologized for being bratty, the one time your mom/her grandma had ever seen her be bratty, she's gotta be a pretty good kid. Hopefully it'll all blow over soon.

It's hard as things change over the years and it always sinks in on holidays, but you find new traditions. This was probably the best Christmas I've had in a long time, and that's without any grandparents left, and my brother's also gone. We adopted my grandma's best friend as "grandma", so it was her, my parents, my sister, my husband, and the kiddo. We still don't see my in laws due to their crazy, so my husband is a bit stressed about that on holidays. He's the only child, and the only family he is close to (some cousins) live in Florida. He has no family at holidays of his own, just my family (and our daughter of course), but he still said it was the best Christmas.
(|)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1631 on: December 28, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
So, 2 cents a gallon now?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1632 on: December 28, 2015, 11:57:26 AM »
They're doubling the price of gas tomorrow :brazilcry
America won
:rejoice

$1.80 a gallon brehs :whoo

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1633 on: December 28, 2015, 03:56:58 PM »
Sick. Slept like shit last night, kept tossing and turning, alternating between waking up sweating and waking up shivering.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1634 on: December 29, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
My ex got me an Amazon gift card for Christmas and I used it to buy a book by the same niche (in an anglophone reading public sense) East German fiction author that she bought a book authored by with an Amazon gift card she got for Christmas. It was the same book, actually. We've never talked about the book or the author before ever, yet arrived at this same point. Make bad life decisions y'all.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1635 on: December 29, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
My ex got me an Amazon gift card for Christmas and I used it to buy a book by the same niche (in an anglophone reading public sense) East German fiction author that she bought a book authored by with an Amazon gift card she got for Christmas. It was the same book, actually. We've never talked about the book or the author before ever, yet arrived at this same point. Make bad life decisions y'all.

This is the part in the movie where you get back together.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1636 on: December 29, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
The Help Desk job I work at is 24/7.  They always have people volunteer for holidays and offer to bring in food and pay double-overtime on those days.  Nobody in management wants to work on New Year's day, to the point that we were flat-out told if nobody takes the shitty afternoon-evening slot that's open, someone will just get selected to work it. 

I just know it's gonna be me.  I don't know why...I just have that feeling.  :gloomy  I've been running a team on my own for a few months now -all the other teams have two people and the other manager on mine has been on leave- and getting all my shit done early while literally everyone else lags behind.  And somehow I think that's what's gonna do me in-- like they know I'm just that reliable.   :doge
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1637 on: December 29, 2015, 11:58:03 PM »
This is the part in the movie where you get back together.

Who will Esthar find to be their president then?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1638 on: December 30, 2015, 11:36:55 AM »
Someone else volunteered to cover New Year's day

Another three-day weekend

Now the wrong thread
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1639 on: December 30, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
Still so fucking sick :stahp

Pretty sure what I coughed up this morning was a sign I should see a doctor.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1640 on: January 01, 2016, 06:28:01 AM »
At the hospital again with my baby.

After 10 days of being fine she has the shits again and is now underweight :/

Ive been saying shes heading this way for weeks now but shit doctors just kept saying its normal when you start daycare abd shell bounce back

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1641 on: January 01, 2016, 06:33:15 AM »

Go see the doctor

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1642 on: January 01, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »
iPhone is fucked.  Battery drain problems up the wazoo.  Did everything I could on my end, ending with setting up it as a new device.  Same problem.  It goes from 100%, to 80% in a matter of minutes.  Then goes to around 70% and finally just drops all the way to 40% after just a few minutes...then dies and says no battery.  I get maybe an hour max of usage out of the phone daily.    This has been going on for about two weeks.

So I went to the Apple Store.  Waited for over and hour, only for the result I expected: battery is fine, software is fine.  Except, y'know, something is not fine.  :doge  Apple guy says he basically can't do shit about it and proceeds to tell me to try the same things I explained that I did when I started talking to him.

Go to AT&T.  Not eligible for an upgrade for two more months.  Can't wait that long.  Can't get off this old family plan with unlimited data and setup my wife and I on a new data plan, despite them wanting their customers to do this.

So I bought a new phone.  Went Android this time.  I need an Apple break.  $899 after tax.   :-\  The good news?  The iPhone may be out of warranty from Apple, but it was bought with an AMEX and they're gonna reimburse the full amount we paid- over $400.  We don't have to send the phone to them either, so I can also sell it for another $300 or so. 
 :aah
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1643 on: January 01, 2016, 05:32:52 PM »
You're gonna take 300$ from someone for a phone that works for an hour? What model was it?

Tasty

« Reply #1644 on: January 01, 2016, 06:47:05 PM »

Semen? Don't worry, sometimes I cough that up the next morning too.

Tasty

« Reply #1645 on: January 01, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »
iPhone is fucked.  Battery drain problems up the wazoo.  Did everything I could on my end, ending with setting up it as a new device.  Same problem.  It goes from 100%, to 80% in a matter of minutes.  Then goes to around 70% and finally just drops all the way to 40% after just a few minutes...then dies and says no battery.  I get maybe an hour max of usage out of the phone daily.    This has been going on for about two weeks.

So I went to the Apple Store.  Waited for over and hour, only for the result I expected: battery is fine, software is fine.  Except, y'know, something is not fine.  :doge  Apple guy says he basically can't do shit about it and proceeds to tell me to try the same things I explained that I did when I started talking to him.

Go to AT&T.  Not eligible for an upgrade for two more months.  Can't wait that long.  Can't get off this old family plan with unlimited data and setup my wife and I on a new data plan, despite them wanting their customers to do this.

So I bought a new phone.  Went Android this time.  I need an Apple break.  $899 after tax.   :-\  The good news?  The iPhone may be out of warranty from Apple, but it was bought with an AMEX and they're gonna reimburse the full amount we paid- over $400.  We don't have to send the phone to them either, so I can also sell it for another $300 or so. 

What did you go with?

(Please say Nexus or Moto.)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1646 on: January 01, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »
I wanted a pickle but I can't open the jar. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1647 on: January 01, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »
Nevermind

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1648 on: January 01, 2016, 07:34:42 PM »
You're gonna take 300$ from someone for a phone that works for an hour? What model was it?

Nah, I wouldn'the dump it on someone like that. But to Gazelle?  Sure.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1649 on: January 01, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »

What did you go with?

(Please say Nexus or Moto.)

Note 5.
ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1650 on: January 01, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »
I had no idea gazelle even existed. Time to cash in this 4s

Tasty

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1652 on: January 01, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »
No one cares, they all do practically the same shit

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1653 on: January 01, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
The Note 5 is a great phone, I got a Moto X which is the same size/basically the same specs but it starts at $400. Samsungs are basically Android iPhones though so they'd rather overdo specs/camera/whatever than make people think there's any compromises.

Still don't look as pretty as current Motorolas. :-[ :-*

Tasty

« Reply #1654 on: January 01, 2016, 10:02:41 PM »
The Note 5 is a great phone, I got a Moto X which is the same size/basically the same specs but it starts at $400. Samsungs are basically Android iPhones though so they'd rather overdo specs/camera/whatever than make people think there's any compromises.

Still don't look as pretty as current Motorolas. :-[ :-*

Android iPhones with crap materials and an ungodly mess of a skin, and will be perpetually 6 months behind (at least) on software updates.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1655 on: January 02, 2016, 01:16:04 AM »
No one cares, they all do practically the same shit

Pretty much my view on it.  I was told to get a Note 5 by people I know and also noticed it popping up on recommended lists along with the Galaxy.  I'm finding some neat stuff as I mess around with the phone but basically I just wanted a phablet-sized phone with good battery life for web, music, comics, email, and a few other little things.  I don't really do much with phones.  I am interested in checking out emulators though. 
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1656 on: January 02, 2016, 10:20:15 PM »

kinda like semen, only a lot thicker and almost dark brown.

Finally went to the doctor, it's pneumonia! Yay!

Tasty

« Reply #1657 on: January 02, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »

kinda like semen, only a lot thicker and almost dark brown.

Finally went to the doctor, it's pneumonia! Yay!

:kobeyuck

Always get tested, brehs

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1658 on: January 02, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »
Sounds like santorum
WDW

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1659 on: January 03, 2016, 02:13:07 AM »
The dangers of eating the ass.
©@©™

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1660 on: January 03, 2016, 02:20:21 AM »
Couldn't find my last sleeping pill, so I'll just drink more.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1661 on: January 03, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »
Got 3 hours of sleep last night because I went to bed listening to a scary audio book and got scared.   I must be 10 years old. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1662 on: January 03, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
Got 3 hours of sleep last night because I went to bed listening to a scary audio book and got scared.   I must be 10 years old. 

Was it 1984?
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1663 on: January 03, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
no

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1664 on: January 03, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »
Burned the shit out of my food twice this weekend. Yesterday I made some perfect scrambled eggs, took them off the oven eye and put them on an eye I thought was off...turns out it was on, since I was about to use it for something else. Destroyed my perfect eggs...

Tonight I was boiling some chickpeas, getting ready to throw them in the oven. Got distracted by the football game in my room, finally smelled smoke and ran to the kitchen...burned to shit.
:fbm

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1665 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »
Burned the shit out of my food twice this weekend. Yesterday I made some perfect scrambled eggs, took them off the oven eye and put them on an eye I thought was off...turns out it was on, since I was about to use it for something else. Destroyed my perfect eggs...

Tonight I was boiling some chickpeas, getting ready to throw them in the oven. Got distracted by the football game in my room, finally smelled smoke and ran to the kitchen...burned to shit.
:fbm

practice staying present

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1666 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:43 PM »
:snoop

I'm usually good at this shit, my mind has just been elsewhere.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1667 on: January 04, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »
Got sick on Saturday, spent the next two full days curled in a ball, cramped up from a stomach virus. Uncountable diarrhea as my body cleared every possible thing from my guts. I'm mostly without pain now, but I haven't eaten anything for a day. If I look on the bright side, I probably needed a detox with all the beef, pork, and alky-hawl I'd been indulging in. Um, and I probably lost a couple kilos. Still: not a diet I recommend.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1668 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:35 PM »
I've been around sickness and pestilence since before xmas.  :yuck

Being back to work after holiday break was a nice reprieve from hearing someone cough every 5 minutes. Luckily we have great insurance. No co-pays for meds helped a stocking be a little fuller for xmas.  :doge
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1669 on: January 04, 2016, 09:19:39 PM »
Yeah, it is

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1670 on: January 05, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »
Male utis are pretty rare

Unless you have some deformity
dur

Huff

« Reply #1671 on: January 05, 2016, 07:22:59 AM »
Like maybe your penis is all fucked up
dur

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1672 on: January 05, 2016, 08:33:50 AM »
Its either a UTI or a yeast infection most likely.

Has your dick been filthy lately?
OH!

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1673 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »

Yeast infection? Nah that sounds like a UTI from eating terrible foods all the time. Pretty common.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/urinary-tract-infections-pictures/foods-and-drinks-that-may-irritate-your-bladder-1028.aspx

YMMV

Tasty

« Reply #1674 on: January 05, 2016, 10:17:58 AM »
/urinary-tract-infections-pictures/

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2016, 10:19:04 AM »
You are what you eat, Tasty.... :doge

:heh
YMMV

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1676 on: January 05, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
Bros can get yeast infections, or athletes foot type of deals near the groin or on genitals.

I also see nothing about diet causing a UTI, that article is about foods to avoid while you have a UTI. Anything that would make yeast thrive should be avoided, that's the reason.

I mean, there's a reason why women get UTI's much more frequently than men. It isn't the food they eat either.
OH!

Huff

« Reply #1677 on: January 05, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »

Yeast infection? Nah that sounds like a UTI from eating terrible foods all the time. Pretty common.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/urinary-tract-infections-pictures/foods-and-drinks-that-may-irritate-your-bladder-1028.aspx

Lol
dur

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1678 on: January 05, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »
(Huff is a doctor)

hope you feel better Walrus.

Huff

« Reply #1679 on: January 05, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »