Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535041 times)

Tasty

Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #2160 on: May 15, 2016, 12:34:22 AM »
A wire hanger is my go to for an abortion. Put a slight hook at the end and I've never needed anything else.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2161 on: May 15, 2016, 12:45:36 AM »
Well, that got dark quickly.

bluemax

« Reply #2162 on: May 15, 2016, 01:38:42 AM »
Just go and act like she doesn't exist. Problem solved.

I slept in and did laundry instead.
NO

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2163 on: May 15, 2016, 10:41:12 AM »
I raided a gas station for some munchies last night. Funyuns. Flaming hot Cheetos, a cinnamon bun, chocolate and beef jerky. I've been on and off the toilet for 4 hours. Burns bad, brehs.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #2164 on: May 16, 2016, 12:44:43 AM »
Celebrated gf's bday at a German bar, she gets the boot.

Cleaned her puke an hour later, she gets the boot.

:neo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:51:52 AM by Swishercrat »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2165 on: May 17, 2016, 04:01:22 AM »
Good time to quit tobacco.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2166 on: May 17, 2016, 04:19:22 AM »
Good time to quit tobacco.

Good time to suck my dick.

That escalated quickly.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2167 on: May 17, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »
Thats just the addiction talking Chrono.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #2168 on: May 17, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
Thats just the addiction talking Chrono.

Nah it's just that you're not very likable
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2169 on: May 17, 2016, 08:44:45 AM »

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2170 on: May 17, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
 :neogaf

YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2171 on: May 17, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
Look AiA, I don't know if you are being serious with this beef of yours but let it go.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2172 on: May 17, 2016, 08:57:09 AM »
Look AiA, I don't know if you are being serious with this beef of yours but let it go.

I'm not lol.
YMMV

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2173 on: May 17, 2016, 09:01:29 AM »
I remember we went through this already like last year  :'(

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2174 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »
A POS deer almost ran into me on my way in to work and I already got coffee on a brand new shirt.

©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2175 on: May 17, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »
My wife is "in a mood" and by "in a mood" I mean one of my children has set her off and now I have to hear about it all damn day.

:badass

Follow up. She's still huffy today. Junior skipped school with his friends which is kind of tradition around here unless you are my wife's son, then you might as well have killed somebody.

:snoop
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:10:08 AM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2176 on: May 17, 2016, 11:14:57 PM »
Milked so much pus out of my elbow today. Like 3/4ths a shot glass. Bigger than my loads. Bloodier, too.
serge

bluemax

« Reply #2177 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:28 PM »
So I've been at this new job just over a month and about two weeks ago it started becoming apparent to people that the project I'm on is understaffed (among other things). The company head promises me they're working on the staffing issue and asks me what skills I'd like someone who will be working alongside me to have in order to make this project successful. I tell him, and he promises that even though I'm new I'll get to help vette anyone being considered for my project.

Two days later I'm told they've offered someone and not told anything else about him except he's not coming for SEVENTEEN DAYS. The producer on my project hooks me up with the guys LinkedIn and personal website.

He has none of the skills I requested and most of his real world experience is on stuff that is only tangentially helpful. But hey, he just finished his masters or something :(

Fast forward to Monday when the company head introduces our new PROGRAMMING INTERN. And oh yeah, he's been assigned to my project! And again no head's up, no information about his skills, nothing other than "well he's a smart kid!".

For reference we are making a console game (in Unity) with multiplayer (on a game framework built by this company that has not been used for multiplayer games before) with AI (also brand new for this project) and Beta is supposed to be in a month. The intern has almost no experience with Unity at all.

I'm kind of regretting taking this job.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2178 on: May 18, 2016, 01:55:14 AM »
 :-\ Best of luck. Nothing more grueling than your superiors at work being oblivious to what the work is.
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2179 on: May 18, 2016, 03:53:45 PM »
Bought Chinese from a food truck.  It's sooo bad. 

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #2180 on: May 18, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »
Jeez max, sounds brutal. No interns. Not even once.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #2181 on: May 18, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
this coffeeshop is playing all shitty 90s guy-with-guitar music. :yuck

this goes in this thread and not the "non-struggle" thread, not only because I am boycotting that thread as I reject the hierarchy of suffering that it presupposes, but also because this is a synecdoche for my lifelong struggle with the existence and inexplicable popularity of this music.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:37:23 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

bluemax

« Reply #2182 on: May 18, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
:-\ Best of luck. Nothing more grueling than your superiors at work being oblivious to what the work is.

The problem is they DO know what this project needs, but they keep attempting to solve the problem with other measures.

Jeez max, sounds brutal. No interns. Not even once.

At my last job the only programmer they had on the project when I started was a HS kid. He wasn't bad per se, but the code he wrote didn't scale well (a problem that most inexperienced programmers don't plan for regardless of the type of software) and of course the schedule was incredibly aggressive.

At least this time I have a little more control and I can ostensibly farm him off on another project. Which I might have to do tomorrow because I'm running low on things I feel comfortable with handing him (and he hasn't wowed me with anything I've asked him to do so far).
NO

G The Resurrected

« Reply #2183 on: May 19, 2016, 12:37:49 AM »
Got loved tapped by an old lady which busted my tail light. The light still works so I offered her the choice to pay for the replacement tail light. I ordered it right then asked for the money only to be told that she wants me to fax her the invoice and then pay for it.  :maf bitch I'm being nice about this and you do me like that? I got her info and looked her up shes a doctor, I'm scared for her patients.

Anyways on the way home I got pulled over and got a warning....

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2184 on: May 19, 2016, 06:14:44 AM »

The problem is they DO know what this project needs, but they keep attempting to solve the problem with other measures.
Ah, yes. The Captain Kirk school of business.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2185 on: May 19, 2016, 11:46:55 AM »

I'd say they may know, as in the info was given to them but they either don't truly understand or believe it or won't admit they're in over their heads (same thing if they under budgeted).
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2186 on: May 19, 2016, 07:56:16 PM »
AiA and the wife 40 years ago
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFmMG6unLGP/

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2187 on: May 19, 2016, 09:08:15 PM »
He's totally dumping the clutch.

Am_I_Anonymous

YMMV

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2189 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:31 PM »
just committed the most egregious case of accidental dry snitching in my life

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2190 on: May 21, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
I'm guessing it involves accidentally snitching about a friend cheating on his gf.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2191 on: May 21, 2016, 02:00:57 PM »
Nailed it lmao. Caught up with a friend of mine earlier this week. At the top of the conversation mentioned he had started seeing a new chick, and at the end mentioned a girl he had a thing with years ago added him on snapchat. Last night he facetimes me when we're both shitfaced, and after like half an hour, thinking he's alone cuz i hadn't seen or heard anyone else on the call, i'm like "YO YOU GET ANY HOT SNAPS FROM BRITNEY DAWG" or some shit and his face drops before he pans over to the lady he's been seeing. Whoops  :holeup

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #2192 on: May 21, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »
Trust other people brehs. :heh

Tasty

« Reply #2193 on: May 21, 2016, 06:42:40 PM »
Woke up this morning. Thirty minutes later on the dot my worst migraine ever hits me like a ton of bricks. I throw up, twice. I can't lay still. The pain reminds me of having an infected tooth - just a constant, sharp, painful throbbing.

Somehow, four hours later I'm able to fall asleep, and it's mostly gone after a two minute nap.

What the fuck. It wasn't anything I ate. I don't think it was anything I did. Ugh.

Really hoping I don't have brain cancer or something. :(

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2194 on: May 21, 2016, 06:47:10 PM »
Do you know what triggers your migraines or what type of pain precedes it?

I get migraines from how I slept and if I'm having neck and/or shoulder pain.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #2195 on: May 21, 2016, 07:02:12 PM »
Nope, and I'm starting to think this is my first actual migraine. Anything before this felt like a light headache in comparison.

Maybe it was the way I slept? Hmm.

The pressure is still here, and I'm struggling to keep down a glass of water. Ugh.

bluemax

« Reply #2196 on: May 21, 2016, 07:14:23 PM »
TL;DR possibly got cock blocked by an Uber driver on a night when I wasn't even planning to go out.

Long version:

End of day yesterday one of my coworkers (a dude who is always kind of jokey and I havent talked to a lot so far since I started) asks "hey what are you doing tonight, you look pretty tired, probably just gonna go home and sleep, right?". I respond that yes, I'm probably going to go home and drink myself to sleep (not entirely serious) but I had heard him talking to another programmer sounding like he needed someone to help him out, so I ask him about it. Apparently some girl he's been seeing briefly wanted to go out dancing, and she's bringing a bunch of her friends so he needs some wingmen (and I guess he doesn't know anyone? I dunno). After making sure I wasn't going to be asked to drive to the God Damn Valley (almost all my coworkers live in one of the Valleys and I ain't about to drive up the 405 twice in one day), I agree to show up. The place in question is a bar/club in Silverlake called the Satellite, I figure worst case it won't be expensive and there will be cute girls dancing there.

So I go home, change, and head over to the bar. I beat my coworkers (oh right another dude from work also came along, an enthusiastic Filipino dude with a love of bad American pop music). So I settle in at the bar in the back and enjoy a beer and some free pizza, and about 20 minutes later they finally show up. The good news was that the girl's friends were all pleasant enough to look at, and after a couple of minutes of conversation it turned out that they were at least not totally awful to talk to. One of them was a hot personal trainer, one of them was the main girl's aggressive younger sister, and the last one was a lesbian.

Now I'm going to be honest, the music at this place was not really my shit and I was admittedly tired and not sufficiently drunk to really get into it at first, so once they went to the dance floor I peaced out back to the bar twice to drink alone, eventually switching to whiskey because I realized that I was going to have to dance some and beer wasn't working fast enough. I danced, I got sweaty, I had as much fun as a nerdy, tired, white, 30 something who is totally out of his element could probably have.

Finally the night ends and we go outside, at this point the girls find out I drove myself and they become concerned that I shouldn't be driving (I had never really gotten drunk, hadn't had anything in at least 2 hours and had probably sweated everything out with all the dancing) and started making jumbled plans first to go get tacos and then instead to go back to someones house and have pizza. Honestly I wasn't paying much attention because I figured I was about to go home and go to bed and I was okay with that. Anywho, my coworker goes and gets his car from the valet and my other coworker gets in with him and the girls do not get in. Now I'm standing here with these girls I barely know, as they order an uber. Personally when I go out with friends who are female, I always stick around long enough to make sure they get in an uber or a taxi or whatever of their own choosing and not someone elses, because I feel like that's a polite fucking thing to do (and Ive had female friends tell me stories about being left curbside by dudes and shit getting scary and that's lame). 

Digression aside, we help the hot trainer chick ward off some weirdo, walk over to 7-11 to wait for the Uber, the girls get in and I start saying good bye and then they go "wait, you're not getting in?". My idiot mouth says, "well I gotta go home and let my dog out." And one of the girls goes, "are you gonna choose your dog over a car full of girls?". So of course I say no and start getting in, and then the Uber driver chimes in "This car only seats 5 and there's a police car right there and he's gonna pull me over if I let you in!" Protests are made to no avail, the girls say I should just follow and then say they'll text me the address. I give the younger sister my number (I think I gave it to her correctly) and she says she gonna call me, but alas she does not. I go home, let my dog out and go the fuck to bed finally.

Weird fucking night.
NO

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2197 on: May 21, 2016, 10:04:45 PM »
Dude they weren't going to fuck you.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You did the right things that night and maybe they'll remember you as the guy who was pretty good next time.
But seriously, they just didn't want to be stuck with the Uber driver who refused to let the one male passenger in.
[close]
[close]

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2198 on: May 21, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
Ugh, have tickets to see Blue Velvet tonight but I kinda just want to stay in and drink. Tell me what to do.
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2199 on: May 21, 2016, 10:17:31 PM »
Ugh, have tickets to see Blue Velvet tonight but I kinda just want to stay in and drink. Tell me what to do.
Go see Blue Velvet bb

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2200 on: May 21, 2016, 10:25:36 PM »
They rebooted Blue Velvet?  Is this new one going to be part of a David Lynch Cinematic Universe?

Kara

« Reply #2201 on: May 21, 2016, 10:39:26 PM »
Try naproxen and caffeine, Andy-kun.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:39:02 AM by Kara »

Tasty

« Reply #2202 on: May 21, 2016, 10:47:10 PM »
Try naproxin and caffeine, Andy-kun.

Don't know what the former is but I suppose I can try some coffee.

Kara

« Reply #2203 on: May 22, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »
It's an OTC analgesic that works on inflammation  (migraines). It's always worked well on my crippling ones.

bluemax

« Reply #2204 on: May 22, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Dude they weren't going to fuck you.  :doge

You did the right things that night and maybe they'll remember you as the guy who was pretty good next time.
But seriously, they just didn't want to be stuck with the Uber driver who refused to let the one male passenger in.
[close]
[close]

I didn't actually think I was going to get laid.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2205 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:06 PM »
Going on holiday in a few days but got sick now.

Kind of have work to do but Ill stay home tomorrow and hope I get better.

PS4 still broken though and Overwatch not out  :'(

Tasty

« Reply #2206 on: May 22, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »
I'm such a fucking idiot. Looked deeper into my medicine cabinet today and I had "Migraine Reliever" (acetaminophen, aspirin, caffein) unopened right in there. Fuck. Pissed at myself, I lost four hours yesterday to this shit.

I still have some pressure today, like if I jostle my head around I can feel it. Hope it goes away before work tomorrow.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #2207 on: May 22, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »
Should not have sent the wife the D pic.

Already done fucked twice and she wants it again after warriors/thunder.

A nicca cant keep up this pace.
YMMV

Tasty

« Reply #2208 on: May 22, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »
Should not have sent the wife the D pic.

Already done fucked twice and she wants it again after warriors/thunder.

A nicca cant keep up this pace.

I heard Viagra can help with this issue.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #2209 on: May 22, 2016, 09:02:54 PM »
Or a Devil's threesome
WDW

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2210 on: May 22, 2016, 09:25:09 PM »
tfw you're so tired you just wish someone else would come over and have sex with your wife while you watch, but you're already black tho
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2211 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
As a republican, he might like being cucked. 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2212 on: May 23, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
At least you're not fantasizing about getting car crashes so you can get laid

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2213 on: May 24, 2016, 12:03:38 AM »
At least you're not fantasizing about being in a plane crash.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #2214 on: May 24, 2016, 01:50:51 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(1996_film) ?

Also is this movie any good?
OH!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2215 on: May 24, 2016, 02:08:38 AM »
nope

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2216 on: May 24, 2016, 02:09:20 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_(1996_film) ?

Also is this movie any good?

Yes. Cronenberg and Deborah Kara Unger when she was insanely hot.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2217 on: May 24, 2016, 02:13:21 AM »
As someone that's dealt with depression since I was like eight years old and has decent taste I honestly find suicidal ideation more normal than thinking crash era cronenberg is good

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #2218 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:30 AM »
i blame white man and kara for that last post

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2219 on: May 25, 2016, 01:58:55 AM »
 :nsfw Cronenberg is still amazing:
[close]