Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 535521 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #3000 on: April 09, 2017, 10:25:34 AM »
Blacked out friday nigh and broke my phone   :-\
dur

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3001 on: April 11, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »
Not sure what's going on, but allergies are messing with my sleep. Went to bed at 1:00, woke up SNEEZING at 2:30, 3:30, and 5:00AM before giving up at 6:30, a half hour earlier than needed.

Trying to get to bed earlier tonight, sneezing started half an hour ago and the inside of my nose and the back of my throat have been savaged. Not in the good way.  :'(

Went to the doctor to get a follow-up on the lump atop my kidney that he found last November. He'd told me to come back in February, but I delayed until this week. Went yesterday, his office was closed. Went FIRST THING this morning, without investigating he told me to give it another couple months.  ::)  I figure, while I'm there, I'll ask him about my tinnitus. "Oh, there's NO CURE for tinnitus, ha, ha, ha~!"

>:(
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-\
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3002 on: April 11, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
Tinnitus is the devil whispering in your ear. He never goes away.
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3003 on: April 11, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
I hate vaguebooking and vaguebookers but my ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory recently is getting tiring.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:57:21 PM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3004 on: April 11, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »
I hate vaguebooking and vaguebookers but my ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory recently is getting tiring.

Three-way co-worker showed up and insisted on a Round 2 where you're Lucky Pierre?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3005 on: April 11, 2017, 09:08:43 PM »
I'm here wondering what could possibly be going on because it seems like you're living the ideal single life. Truly incredible.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3006 on: April 11, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »
I'm here wondering what could possibly be going on because it seems like you're living the ideal single life. Truly incredible.

©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3007 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
It's work related.  There was an opportunity that I (once) thought I was a shoo-in for (and the manager of this said as much) and that opportunity is quickly slipping away for reasons that trigger me.  There are also some shit sandwiches I had to take big bites from at work and it's only April.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #3008 on: April 21, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »
So, about a month or so+ ago I posted about how everything was shit in my life.  Health issues, in the worst case of my career, some other stuff.  Was not in a good place.

But a month or so later, now I'm not worried about my upcoming procedure (risk factor down from 13-15% fatality to very <1%), the judge granted my motion and I'm out of the case, work's under control, spending a lot of time with friends and social events.  Dating is still dead, but I've stopped caring because I'm pretty happy on my own.  I'm meditating more, getting more outdoor jogs on, and just enjoying life a lot.  I've even started smiling more (always been self-conscious about fake smiling).  I just feel very at peace with myself currently.

Anyhow, goes to show how much is in the mindset and life has its ups and downs and you never know when things are gonna get better.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3009 on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
Well I'm currently back down and back to researching suicide methods. There are really no super cheap and painless ways.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3010 on: April 22, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Well I'm currently back down and back to researching suicide methods. There are really no super cheap and painless ways.
Don't go anywhere. You're a fun guy and we need ya here. :heartbeat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3011 on: April 22, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
You called me creepy and desperate.

Let's be honest I'm not very fun.

And it's become clear I'm just waste.

I'm on track to being forever alone and with good reason. I'm mysgonstic, absolutely self centered, and unable to connect with people.

A friend told me this and basicly every problem I've ever had with my group is because of me. How I unable to understand them and refuse to because everything has to be my way. How I'm unable to talk about anything beyond very lame and shallow topics.

I'm really a monster of a human. You've seen it in my posts here. I'm not a fun person. I'm not a good person.im actually a shitty person who really leads a pointless life.

I'm about to fail out of college for the 2nd time because I just throw away all my advantages and potential.

My only options are a dead end job which I can't humble myself to do because I still have a fucked up view point that I'm better than that.

Or joining the Air Force which no one thinks I can do.

In the end I'm just a real failed human being and everyone knows that. I haven't killed myself before because I have a family who cares but beyond that there's just really nothing keeping me here. I don't like myself and that really will not change.

This is a gay post but I need to say something to somebody before I do this because my family will just lie and say "oh you have stuff to live for" without saying what those things are. My friends have shunned me and the few left will just repeat pointless shit.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3012 on: April 22, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
End of college frustration and airing of grievances bs happens to everyone. In the grand scheme of things, it's good to have these failures because then you learn from it. And one day it'll be hard to remember why you were always angry in your 20s but it'll help you understand when you see it in the younger generation.

It sounds horribly patronizing but the worst case scenario (if you do not kill yourself) is that you redo retake a class and learn better how to manage friendships.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3013 on: April 22, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
I'm not sure which part of my PM you replied to, so I'm gonna leave my thoughts in a new message there. You don't have to reply if you don't feel like it, but I'll be happy if you decide to reply. So please read it if you can.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3014 on: April 23, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »

I'm on track to being forever alone and with good reason. I'm mysgonstic, absolutely self centered, and unable to connect with people.

A friend told me this and basicly every problem I've ever had with my group is because of me. How I unable to understand them and refuse to because everything has to be my way. How I'm unable to talk about anything beyond very lame and shallow topics.

I'm really a monster of a human. You've seen it in my posts here. I'm not a fun person. I'm not a good person.im actually a shitty person who really leads a pointless life.

I'm about to fail out of college for the 2nd time because I just throw away all my advantages and potential.

My only options are a dead end job which I can't humble myself to do because I still have a fucked up view point that I'm better than that.

In the end I'm just a real failed human being and everyone knows that. I haven't killed myself before because I have a family who cares but beyond that there's just really nothing keeping me here. I don't like myself and that really will not change.

This is a gay post but I need to say something to somebody before I do this because my family will just lie and say "oh you have stuff to live for" without saying what those things are. My friends have shunned me and the few left will just repeat pointless shit.
But here's the thing. All these problems can be fixed. I know it's easy to be like "whatever, I've been like this my whole life." but you can address these with help.
que

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3015 on: April 23, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
Nah, wallowing in self pity is easier.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3016 on: April 24, 2017, 07:04:50 AM »

I think you're in a vicious cycle of despair. It is illusory. You're not a bad person. You're actually interested in improving yourself and your situation, even if you don't know how to do it yet. You'll be fine if you just get out of your own head, stop getting in your own way.

Anyway, most of the time I'm pretty fond of you. I hope you stick around.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3017 on: April 25, 2017, 05:18:20 PM »
another shitty afternoon in some random company's server room. this time working with our cloud services team trying to figure out which restore program will let us restore this fucking server that got cryptolocker'd

fucking hate this field tbh. wish i could get out but i'm so deep in and i'm so close to being debt free it would be dumb to suddenly switch. if i can make it a few more years and be more financially secure i'm def outta this shit.
nat

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3018 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
These 12 hour work days suck cock.   :maf

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3019 on: April 25, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »
These 12 hour work days suck cock.   :maf

Shouldn't this be in the triumph thread?

I'm on vacation and since I've been on vacation, I find myself spending 3-4 hours per day doing work shit.  Would be a little different if it was all grouped together but no, it's all spread out.
🍆🍆

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3020 on: April 25, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
It's not my cock being sucked for I am but a humble wagecuck. :fbm

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3021 on: April 26, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
Dandelions all in my yard thanks to a wack neighbor who never takes care of his lawn.
:snoop

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3022 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
At least they're just dandelions and not thistles.
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3023 on: April 26, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Mow his lawn or murder him, there is but two options. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3024 on: April 26, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »
At least they're not thistles and just dandelions.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3025 on: May 06, 2017, 10:24:56 PM »
Spent most most of my saturday, with huge lower back pains, eventually making me vomit (a lot). What a horrible time, especially as the pain meant I couldn't just sleep it away.

This was meant to be my persona time.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3026 on: May 06, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
Slipped disc?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3027 on: May 06, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
I've no idea, can that shit just fix itself? I feel better now without doing much, so somewhat doubt it. No idea what it was though. Maybe i'm just dying.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3028 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »
Pretty sure it requires intervention. Just wondering out loud, considering the pain was bad enough to make you hurl.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3029 on: May 06, 2017, 11:13:02 PM »
I've known someone who had a bad reaction to some medication that made their lower back muscles spasm until it worked its way out of their system. They couldn't do shit except lay in bed in pain.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3030 on: May 06, 2017, 11:17:48 PM »
I've had sciatica before it sucked.  Had to get pain meds and muscle relaxants and a few days of basically staying in bed before i even started to feel better.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3031 on: May 06, 2017, 11:19:05 PM »
Sounds like labor pain. Congratulations!

But anyway, try a hot water bottle on your lower back, you might be surprised how much it helps. Or it won't do shit at all, but it's worth a try.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #3032 on: May 07, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
I kept getting something similar about once a month, though more pain in the front than back. It would pop up and ruin a night's sleep but then subside the next day.

After a year of this it eventually got to be too fucking much though, progressively worsening each time until one night I was yacking non stop keeled over in maybe the worst pain of my life.

At the hospital it took 4 tries to get an IV in me since I was so dehydrated. They couldn't give me water, only this chalky cum concoction called barium used for CT scans.

That scan confirmed what the doc suspected, that my appendix was ready to rupture.

Morphine wasn't touching the pain. Once they switched to dilaudid I was loving life and very content awaiting surgery, at peace unfazed by my roommate's never ending bedpan shits.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3033 on: May 07, 2017, 01:17:11 AM »
Spent most most of my saturday, with huge lower back pains, eventually making me vomit (a lot). What a horrible time, especially as the pain meant I couldn't just sleep it away.

I briefly thought you'd mistyped "personal time," and then remembered which forum I was at.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3034 on: May 07, 2017, 02:22:31 PM »
In the process of remodeling our only bathroom without time off aka in a weekend. Stayed up until 5:30 last night so I could get far enough to put the toilet back in. Must push on today with to be able to shower for work tomorrow

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3035 on: May 07, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »
But at least I had a great victory poop this morning

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3036 on: May 07, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3037 on: May 08, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »

Could have been a kidney stone and you passed it. That is the only pain that ever made me vomit.
©ZH

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3038 on: May 10, 2017, 05:53:49 AM »
I don't know if I should blame the dentist or my tooth but now I'm looking at spending a crap load to fix this tooth by having it removed. I'm still paying for the damn crown that's on it... If you get the gold option take it at least you can get some money back. I'm not getting anything out of this porcelain shit but filler for my toilet. Looks like an implant also isn't going to work due to bone loss and grafting isn't an option.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR FUCKING TEETH!
Floss that shit, gargle that shit, drink water after drinking coffee and acid drinks, brush after lunch, etc...

Also preserve your teeth if they take them out. There is some restorative options that may soon be able to grown new teeth from your old dead teeth.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3039 on: May 10, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
I got super super sick for like one day three weeks ago, and since then have had a terrible cough.  The last four or five days, I've felt a pain in the right side of my lower chest, like rib/sternum area.  I THINK its a muscle pain from coughing so hard, but I'm not sure.

I made the mistake of smoking a cigarette with Stoney Mason the other day and I think I made it even worse
püp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3040 on: May 15, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Suddenly feeling really down. Haven't felt this way in a long time. I guess all my problems just really hit me all at once, and it's overwhelming.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3041 on: May 21, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »
I guess I feel like explaining myself after my recent incident. It is somewhat funny kind of.

Well, I've already talked about my problems here many times. I guess I like talking about them because it's easier then doing it in person which to me always comes off corny and I just wince at emotional serious talk. But either I've mentioned my problems with school, going into the military, women, and just general self-realization. So I won't go into extreme detail, because it's boring.

But for the previous weekend I had a huge plan. My old Milwaukee friends were coming down to Chicago and well honestly I've made a decent amount of friends at my job so I kind of wanted everyone to meet  each other. So I was able to take some vocation time for the weekend, newly furnished my basement, and in general was buying a lot of alcohol for a house party on Saturday. Friday we would go to this cool hipster arcade bar.

I invited a my Mexican friend who I've mentioned many times. I have really strong feelings for her and well realistically the connection isn't there and we should just stay as friends. I know we enjoy each others company, but I guess I'm not emotionally mature to handle it. Though if you ask me there is something there, the way she's looked at me sometimes is just beyond how any girl has ever looked at me. I know it's stupid, but even my boss has said she just seems conflicted. But these are male centric viewpoints and whatever, thats not the point. I met my Milwaukee friends Thursday night just for a little prelude and even they grilled me on her.

I got a new haircut and actually most of that Friday went very well. I had a nice Pizza lunch with my friends that was super postive. I looked good. My mexican friend all of a sudden upon seeing me seemed all of a sudden dead certain to go to both get together when before she said only Friday. I was even supposed to be the one that picked her up and well she would be the last one I dropped off. So a better man could see opportunities.

I don't know what happen.

I've been told to just go with the flow. When I overthink I just lose it and well I probably started overthinking.

My first mistake was probably chosing my one friend who fancies himself a ladies man and well is kind of a dick. He's the friend that sees himself as the Alpha in the friendship. I don't know if all male friendships have this dynamic, but it is what it is. It's gotten a bit better, but in the end he still sees himself as the "supuerior". U chose him over another ride or die dude who in the end I guess I stood up. Irrelevent because well honestly, my attempt to sucide kind of threw everyones problems to the side.

Well I'm the DD and everyone is drinking shots in my car as we drive up there, which I don't know made me feel a little disconnected from everything. It wont excuse me actions comming up, but I want to describe my mood going in. I guess I thought I was sidelined already.

Now I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take me much to get loose and I like to get drunk because it really loosens me up, takes away all my rigged hangups, but it's probably not good when I'm on the verge of being emotional. I bought a drink, my mexian friend bought my other friends drinks. For some reason that ticked me off. So I started to ignore her and I know she noticed I was ignoring her. I mean she gave me look of "wtf are you doing, not talking to me". I was getting drunk and I'm an idiot anyway.

I kept drinking more and more. One Milwaukee friends came over to me and while he was skeptical before, he told me "oh I think she's actually a little interested. She is constantly asking where you are". Maybe for a normal person this would be encouraging, for me this just set me back. I've been told my problem is I don't know how to be a bit aggressive. She even told me, but I'm just frustrated and want to know %100 that it's going to go the way I want which is obviously a losing game. And I did notice her looking for me and even almost approaching me, but then choosing not too.

Well, then I notice my Alpha friend chatting her up. Now in reality she was looking straight ahead at whatever game she was playing while he was saying whatever. I'm not in reality so I took a note, but I tried to just ignore it. Then later they both walk up and I hear him so "yeah I need your phone number in case I get separated form Jordan again" and well I'm just like fuck I know what that means.

Now I don't know if she did give him her phone number and I was told nothing happen, but I know my friends moves and his cutsey way of doing stuff is well how does it. He said "oh I was chatting you up", but I mean who would believe that? Well that pissed me off and well I started yelling at him. He bought me another drink. I've had a lot to drink.

I don't know what really happen after that, but I do know I eventually just started cursing and being super vulgar to my Mexican friend and at some point I pushed her away from me. Other versions are worse. Either way I became a monster to this girl, so much that she started crying and had to uber home.

I felt like complete shit. I felt like a monster. I felt like a coward. I felt like a douche. I saw myself really become that mysgonist pos that I sometimes appear to be on here, but haven't really been in real life. I was that day.

I guess the little hope was that when I tried to talk to her she said "I don't want to talk to you right now", which is better then "go to hell".

I really care for this girl, probably more so then any girl I've known and while I'm starting to seem obsessed I'ts not all one sided. Either way I was a wreck for the rest of that weekend. I had been a complete monster, I had let down all my friends(I cancled the house party which disapointed many), and I just saw myself contintuing to became this failure that honestly just seems to be my destiny. And yeah I was a pos to a woman I really care for. Verberlly and physically.

Maybe I was overreacting and being cowardly, but I just did not want to face everyone at work. So I skipped one day, then the other, and well the question if I ever wanted to return to work came up.

Well also this was finals week and it became reality that I had bombed this semester, which lead to constant "what are you going to do arguments with my mother". Add the fact that I seemed to forfeiting my job for in the end maybe dumb reasons and well the conversations were not pleasant.

I decided to buy some sleeping pills and attempt to OD. My mother found them and well the tension got really high.

Now comes this most recent Friday and in the morning my mother and I have another argument. About pretty much everything. At this point I was supposed to either go to work or go sign up for the military. I felt so much shame for the previous events and now just not going to work. Again I try to hold unto this mask of being a respectable, smart, and put together person. It is not my real mask, but it does seem to be my mask that people buy into and it was crumbling and I really fear people seeing me as pos which is what I felt like I really was. Either way, I did'nt go to either and my mother just could not handle it.

So I quietly left and this time I took my alchol, box cutters, and went to buy a 62 pack of extra strong sleeping pills. I also had just gotten paid so I went to go get my comics. I don't know I wanted to read some stuff on my last day. I also wanted to have sex with an attractive woman so I started looking up escorts while sending some last good buys. I sent one to my boss who at this point knew something was wrong, but not excatly what. At this point I send an apology text to my mother and well I think she starts putting two and two together.

You never want to have a text conversation with a parent who thinks their child is going to commit suicide. It is heartbreaking.

At this point I ignore a lot of my messages from my mother and sister. Replying with excuses as to why this is going to happen and nothing else. I start driving out to the escort who in the pictures looked to have some very nice boobs. I was looking for a black chick but all the backpage chicks had huge assess and I wasn't ready for that. I settled on a vaguely looking Mexican girl with jet black hair and big boobs. They never look like they do in the pictures.

But getting hard is maybe hard when you're on the verge of killing yourself and your mom is is literally crying through text.

I get to the motel which is the first sign of this probably wont go well. She wants $200 which for some reason was a positive sign. Too little seems like a sting and well honestly white girls and Mexican women on backbage always ask for more, so I was like this is probably legit. My other sign of this is bad was when I couldn't hear her over the phone while she was giving me directions she sounded agitated that she had to repeat. I'm a nervous geeky dude trying to arrange for some sex. You need to be a little more inviting.

I get there, she doesn't look like the pictures. She looks warn out and her hair looks like she just got up. I'm sure she did. Yet she seems nice, had ok boobs, and has no pimp. At this point I just want to have sex or at least my brain thinks I should at least experince it before I die. My penis actually doesn't seem as on board.

I take of my stuff and she starts giving me a back massage, which was actually ok and then the sex part starts.

She starts giving me head, but with a condom. Expected and perfeard honestly in this situation, but there's a problem. I don't have a huge penis, but I don't know it's not small, but she must have only had Gas stop brand magnum condoms. They were baggy on my thing and just awkward. Then she lays down, clossess her eyes, and just utters generic "baby" lines. It is not keeping me going, plus her vag doesn't look too good. Anyway, I can't keep an erection and she quickly notices. She cancels the sex and instead hopes to finish with just a HJ. All while having the Princes Daries on for some reason. She keeps going, notes that her hand is getting tired, notes that it's taking forever, and then lets me just self service. All while not allowing a lot of touching. At one point she said I could cum on her tities which yeah excited me. I was about to and then asked if I could and she replied "no, that was just an allusion". I was like what? Anyway I cant finish, get up and leave. It's not like I can ask for a refund.

At this point I'm thinking of where I should go to do this and what I should get as a last meal type thing. I go to a place I like to eat and I go to Starbucks because I'm a basic white girl. There at Starbucks I decide to do it at a fishing spot up north that brings good memories and I upload my suicide note. Which obviously gets noticed.

From there so many people start messaging me. My Mexican friend starts calling me. I feel a little selfish, because in an evil way I did want her to talk to me, but this wasn't triggered by her. It was really triggered by my failing school and arguments with my mother. Yet as I go on I am honestly shocked by how many people are trying to get into contact with me. It was really pretty much everyone I know. Anyway my Mexican friend goes to my house and waits for me there, asking for me to come back and talk to her. Then she pleads for us to meet up somewhere, but honestly at this point I am almost to where I am and had started to pop some of the pills. But honestly now I don't really know where this leaves our relationship. I don't want her to blame herself, but she really did seem to be very distraught.

At this point my sister I think contacted AT&T and had them track my phone. She and my mother must have driven really fast, because all of a sudden in the middle of backed up Chicago expressway traffic my sister comes flying at my car and banging on my passenger side door, to the point she almost breaks the window.

At this point my sister takes me to get some food with my mother. We talk about stuff. We laugh about the escort. My sister calls my Mexican friend to tell her I'm ok, I guess they talked and I send a lot of other text messages to people.

So yeah I guess that's what happen and I've just been chilling since then. I've talked to my job and well they seem to understand so that's cool. I don't know what will happen now, but it is in a way good because I guess I never realized how many people cared.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3042 on: May 21, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
Don't really know what to say to that.  Do hope that you get better.  Sounds like you have a lot of support. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3043 on: May 21, 2017, 10:47:56 AM »
Fucking up a lot of friendships in my past for various reasons, my only advice is to communicate with the people you want to remain in your life. I'm glad you realized how many people care about you. And you weren't really clear on how that guy friend treats you so I'm not sure if it's just perception on your part but there is none of that alpha shit in true friendship. You can recognize leadership or other qualities in a friend like "he's really good with women" but I wouldn't consider anyone who thinks they're superior to me as a friend.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3044 on: May 22, 2017, 05:54:29 AM »
Mups got it in one; your alpha isn't a friend if he tries to put you in your place. It's good that you've got so many people around you to show you that you're cared for. I hope you get the help you need. Anything you feel bad about, you can apologize for; people don't have to accept it – do it for yourself. It can lighten the burden.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3045 on: May 28, 2017, 06:40:09 AM »
Norovirus  a e s t h e t i c s

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3046 on: May 28, 2017, 06:42:10 AM »

Lookin so sickly svelte I bet

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3047 on: May 28, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »

Lookin so sickly svelte I bet
Nothing keeps me away from my burgers and chocolates. :-*

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3048 on: May 30, 2017, 06:53:02 PM »
Just got back from a vacation in Costa Rica with my family  For the most part it was good, but Saturday night everything fucking exploded into a white trash mess.  It was raining really bad so some of my family called a store down the street for them to delivery some stuff. 

My sister goes to pay the guy and he only speaks Spanish and so my mom goes down to translate but before she can my brother jumps in and starts berating the poor guy about using a 540:1 currency ratio instead of 500:1.  My mom tries to explain that this is better for us, but my brother in his infinite drunken wisdom isn't having it and is yelling that the guy is trying to get an extra 5 bucks out of us.  My brother in law who is a lot of ignorant American stereotypes rolled into one but for the most part not a bad guy starts yelling "ASK HIM WHAT IT IS IN AMERICAN!" and when my sister says $64 he starts yelling for him to just take it back (despite not knowing what had been ordered).  Everyone is yelling and somehow the poor guy gets paid and leaves and my brother still won't shut up and now my sister is on his side and they both start teaming up on my mom with shit like "No, you need to understand he was trying to screw us." and my mom is yelling at them to shut the fuck up. 

I tap my wife on the shoulder and grab my plate and we go downstairs.  My brother's fiancé follows us embarrassed as fuck because she can do basic math and knows he was wrong.  I spent the rest of the evening with my wife watching Little Women of Dallas or whatever that hot midget show is. 

We had all been booked to go on a deep sea fishing trip the following morning but because my step dad had yelled at my brother to shut the fuck up (from a guy who never raises his voice and never cusses at someone) he got his feelings hurt and didn't want to go.  My wife and I had already said we were going to check out because earlier that day we had gone scuba diving and got hit with rough waters and were still recovering from being sea sick.  That was fine because there were still 8 other people scheduled to go who actually really loved to fish and my wife and I hadn't had a day with no activities to just explore and rest yet so cool.  But then when my brother bailed everyone else bailed from hurt feelings, pride and stupidity. 

So my poor step dad who had paid for the fishing reservations just threw away over a grand on nothing.  So we got up the next morning and he told me that everyone had backed out.  So I woke up my wife and said let's go do it.  At that point it was just going to be us and at least someone would get something out of it and it wouldn't be just money down the drain.  Then at the last minute when people found out we were going they all jumped back in so it was all of us again.  That was fine, the more the merrier.  It was 2.5 hours to ride out to the fishing spot on the boat and then they set the lines.  It was about 2 hours in and it started to sprinkle and then all of them started fucking whining that they were bored and now they were wet (WE'RE ON A FUCKING BOAT YOU FUCKING MORONS!) and they wanted to go back.  My wife and I were the only ones who said we should just stay.  But we were overruled and so they asked the guy to turn it around (when they told him he said "really??" and looked shocked). 

That fucking infuriated me.  They spent more time traveling to the spot than they did fishing - over twice as much time!.  And for what?  To go back to the rental house and sit on the couch and drink.  You motherfuckers can do that shit at home.  But you know what?  they're all entitled and didn't pay for shit on the trip (most did not pay their own way either) and it wasn't their money they were wasting.  They're all over 30 and act like children on these trips.  What the fuck did they think an "all day fishing trip" meant??  Did they think they'd be catching marlins every 20 minutes? 

Fucking shit.  The rest of the trip was good though.   :doge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3049 on: May 30, 2017, 07:08:22 PM »
vacations with large families sound uniformly terrible. too many people too many brains too much can be fucked.

every vacation my girlfriend described with her entire family from what she was a kid also sounded terrible.
nat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3050 on: May 31, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
Had a super panicky 2 hours at work.  Got sent an email saying I had to have done like half my PhD requirements by now and that I'm behind and that I needed to fill out a form stating why im behind and ask for an extension.  Turns out this shit isn't due for an entire year and this was just a 'friendly reminder' that I got PhD milestones I need to complete. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3051 on: May 31, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »
They expect you to be halfway done by the 4 year mark?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3052 on: May 31, 2017, 10:45:23 PM »
Phds are different in Canada because your required to have a Masters (17 months), then do a PHD (3.5 years).  Then no one ever gets either of those done in time and gets fucked over.   

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3053 on: May 31, 2017, 11:20:33 PM »
In America, they say the PhD program is 4 years long but it's really 5-6 years. And there's 50% turnover at the 2 year mark where students quit and "graduate" with a Masters. Just gotta stick it out dude.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3054 on: June 01, 2017, 07:25:13 AM »
Had a super panicky 2 hours at work.  Got sent an email saying I had to have done like half my PhD requirements by now and that I'm behind and that I needed to fill out a form stating why im behind and ask for an extension.  Turns out this shit isn't due for an entire year and this was just a 'friendly reminder' that I got PhD milestones I need to complete.
I hate that; I get it too, about work: that feeling when my stomach just drops out.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #3055 on: June 01, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
I thought that was just regular work life. I think I average that about 2 times a week.
I always briefly consider leaving my job and never coming back.
brb

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3056 on: June 01, 2017, 09:04:48 AM »
I thought that was just regular work life. I think I average that about 2 times a week.
I always briefly consider leaving my job and never coming back.
That would kill me with the way my brain operates. The shorter the deadline, the harder it becomes to think of (or sometimes do) anything else.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3057 on: June 01, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
Yikes Mupepe that sounds terrible.

One thing I can't tolerate is people being dicks to workers in the service industry, especially food/restaurant. Throwing a fit over $5 (not to mention having your math be wrong) is pathetic. That driver probably barely makes any money as is.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3058 on: June 01, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
I work better on short deadlines.  Longer deadlines I get distracted by other tasks, lose focus and procrastinate.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3059 on: June 01, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
Yikes Mupepe that sounds terrible.

One thing I can't tolerate is people being dicks to workers in the service industry, especially food/restaurant. Throwing a fit over $5 (not to mention having your math be wrong) is pathetic. That driver probably barely makes any money as is.
That's how I felt.  $5 is nothing.  It's not even worth getting worked up over on vacation.  My relaxation is worth more than that.  And then being wrong on top of that.  Great.  It was shameful.