Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 534934 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #3480 on: October 30, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
Not really, but maybe i will find something one day

would take a huge paycut just to be done with feeling worthless

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3481 on: October 30, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »
In my limited experience, the only way I've seen someone be successful in sales is if they got a large existing client list from someone who left the industry or retired.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3482 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:25 AM »
Yeah that helps, people that sell in our company usually seem to have had hand me downs like that.

Ofc I didn't get any but.

Bebpo

« Reply #3483 on: November 01, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »
Just found out I'm losing a really good receptionist in 2 weeks fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Had stable receptionist for like 7 years then in the last 2 years:

December 2015 - Receptionist gets pregnant, goes on maternity leave and doesn't want to come back after
May 2016 - Meanwhile hire a new receptionist, new receptionist gets pregnant goes on maternity leave
May - December 2016 - Go through 2 terrible receptionists (one really mean/grumpy scares people off, the other really quiet and can't handle position)
December 2016 - Get a really great receptionist and give multiple raises and good pay because of it since we really want to keep said receptionist for as long as possible
November 2017 - Due to personal life stuff receptionist leaves in less than a year

When your business is too small to have a hiring department, its really disruptive and pain in the ass to have to try to find a new receptionist all the time. And most people are so bad at the job. I wish I just knew some friends who had a cousin or something they could vouch for who was looking for a job.

Also for other positions been through like 3-4 employees in the last 2 years as well. Good people in business are hard to find and even harder to keep around ><

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3484 on: November 01, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »
Monday, end of the month.

All my prospected deals moved to another month, nothing is working currently, very depressing day. How long will I keep this up? How long till I am let go?

Seriously: Sales, never again.
I tried sales for a brief stint and hated it. I hated that there was very little I could do to affect my own outcome. A client moves their budget to start next quarter? Nothing I can do about that. Client has an emergency and moves budget from one department to another? Nothing you can do there. So many things that are beyond your control. Nope. That is not my space. I feel ya man.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #3485 on: November 02, 2017, 03:37:12 AM »
I hate how as I get older and older I get more afraid of change of safety. It's like the exact reason why studies show people become more conservative as they age (I'm still liberal as fuck tho). Like when I was in my 20s I'd travel all around on my own, jump on planes, find scrappy motels and have adventures and not give a fuck.

But now like, booking a solo trip to somewhere I've never been, takes like a huge jump of courage and even after I have everything booked and I should be happy that I'm going to be going on a vacation and going to somewhere new, instead I just feel a shitton of anxiety about leaving my comfort zone and I hate that. When I'm in a relationship I feel fine and excited booking stuff for two, but it's like I get anxiety about solo traveling because oh no it's leaving my safe zone and there's a minor chance something bad could happen outside of my regular routine where I have 99% control of what is going on.  ::)

It's like there's some internal switch that makes you worry more about dying as you age. It's very frustrating.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3486 on: November 02, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
I'm 32 and that hasn't happened to me.  Quite the opposite, actually.  I think it's because I'm more financially secure so if I fuck up somehow, I will likely be able to cover it.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3487 on: November 02, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »
Monday, end of the month.

All my prospected deals moved to another month, nothing is working currently, very depressing day. How long will I keep this up? How long till I am let go?

Seriously: Sales, never again.
I tried sales for a brief stint and hated it. I hated that there was very little I could do to affect my own outcome. A client moves their budget to start next quarter? Nothing I can do about that. Client has an emergency and moves budget from one department to another? Nothing you can do there. So many things that are beyond your control. Nope. That is not my space. I feel ya man.

I think I'll be in my 6th year soon and it's time to change to something different again.

You can't even control if people pick up the phone  :'(

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3488 on: November 02, 2017, 08:12:21 AM »

It's like there's some internal switch that makes you worry more about dying as you age. It's very frustrating.

It's a combination of getting older AND having a lifestyle worth protecting. Trust me, there's plenty of poor people in their 30's and 40's who don't give a fuck about safety (or health).

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #3489 on: November 02, 2017, 08:51:35 AM »
For me it's actually the other way around. I was scared of everything when I was younger and hated everything that was outside my comfort zone. And when I did try to leave my self-created bubble I was too worried of what other people might think about me bumbling around, so I always stopped halfway and never got around to anything meaningful. But when I got older I started giving less fucks about other people and got bolder and more open in the process, though it wasn't that much of a great leap and I was still hampered by those issues.

This year I started therapy and I realized that most if not all all of those anxiety and self-esteem issues resulted from untreated ADHD. I hope that with therapy and meds I'll make greater strides in becoming a more confident and well-adjusted dude, though I doubt I'm ever going to be an uninhibited social butterfly.

And yeah, even though some things got better with age, there is a lot of new stuff that worries me, now that I'm in my 30s, like responsibilities and particularly the fear of becoming feeble and lonely and not being able to care of myself when I'll grow old. But I guess that's what it means to be an adult...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:01:06 AM by desert punk »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3490 on: November 02, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »
Lot of personal insecurities diminish with time when you get bigger worries as to what others think, you start to worry about how to take care of your family, raising kids.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3491 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »
And yeah, even though some things got better with age, there is a lot of new stuff that worries me, now that I'm in my 30s, like responsibilities and particularly the fear of becoming feeble and lonely and not being able to care of myself when I'll grow old. But I guess that's what it means to be an adult...
This is my nightmare. We better have robot nurses by then, because I'm offing myself otherwise.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3492 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »
This is my nightmare. We better have robot nurses by then, because I'm offing myself otherwise.

Looking forward to that Roujin Z future.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3493 on: November 02, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
I guess there is that, too~, yes, but I'm more worried about badly paid and overworked humans eating my dinner and breaking my fingers to get the remote. 

Bebpo

« Reply #3494 on: November 02, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »

It's a combination of getting older AND having a lifestyle worth protecting. Trust me, there's plenty of poor people in their 30's and 40's who don't give a fuck about safety (or health).

Lot of personal insecurities diminish with time when you get bigger worries as to what others think, you start to worry about how to take care of your family, raising kids.

Yeah, when I was a teenager I was really insecure about how people thought of me, now I don't really give a fuck most of the time.

But I also thought I was invincible and would live forever (or die by 30 like all the good punk rockers), but growing older and having one by one parts of your body fail and having to change your lifestyle, your diet, take daily meds, having lots of responsibilities whether its work, family, has definitely made me more risk adverse in certain areas, instead of just like winging it and fuck yeah. My situation might be more unique and closer to people 20-30 years older than me though just because I have a lot of health issues.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3495 on: November 04, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
Getting audited next week.  Supposed to last three days.  I spent the last few days combing through records and the previous manager (who retired and does not respond to her e-mails) made some inexplicable decisions on nothing that I can change now since they were for requirements in previous years.  So if an auditor asks me about those things, my answer is really nothing more than "i dunno lol"
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3496 on: November 05, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
Been told friday that I basically have till xmas to save my ass at work, now this wa never directly said, but it i what it comes down to

Leader drafted a plan for me and he is sure I will rock it

tomorrow though ill kick off the plan by calling in sick with the flu which will no doubt be interpretted as a lack of faith in said plan from my side, but what can you do when you are sick

anyhoo if I get sacked by xmas i will still get 3 months severance pay

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3497 on: November 05, 2017, 01:26:07 PM »
84 hours worked this week.

Salary.
rub

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3498 on: November 05, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
Been told friday that I basically have till xmas to save my ass at work, now this wa never directly said, but it i what it comes down to

Leader drafted a plan for me and he is sure I will rock it

tomorrow though ill kick off the plan by calling in sick with the flu which will no doubt be interpretted as a lack of faith in said plan from my side, but what can you do when you are sick

anyhoo if I get sacked by xmas i will still get 3 months severance pay

Get a GP note or something.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3499 on: November 06, 2017, 02:24:11 AM »
No need in Denmark

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3500 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:13 AM »
Oh right, you live like right below me don't you? :lol

Raist

« Reply #3501 on: November 06, 2017, 03:10:41 AM »
No need in Denmark

I know (well, assume) you don't necessarily need one. But if you're worried about people thinking you're skiving, that would prevent it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3502 on: November 06, 2017, 04:36:45 AM »
I've somehow managed to completely lose access to my main gmail account. I have no possible way to recover and forgot the password. I somehow got logged out and now I'm screwed  :doge

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #3503 on: November 06, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »
Getting audited next week.  Supposed to last three days.  I spent the last few days combing through records and the previous manager (who retired and does not respond to her e-mails) made some inexplicable decisions on nothing that I can change now since they were for requirements in previous years.  So if an auditor asks me about those things, my answer is really nothing more than "i dunno lol"

Yeah thats fine though, its got nothing to do with you, neither your company or the auditor can hold you accountable. Audits suck though.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3504 on: November 06, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
Last time we got audited I provided all the documentation and information throughout the week.  Held several meetings answering questions and then at 2:30 on a Friday (I leave at 3) I get a call saying they need to go through 40 lease documents one by one and compare them to system data to recreate financial reporting numbers.  Fuck me.  I picked up a 12 pack on the way home at 11 pm.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3505 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »

After spending all this weekend and all day today (it's past 10 PM where I am now) preparing for the audit, I'm so burned out that I just want it over with.  I have all day tomorrow but fuck staying up late, it is what it is.
🍆🍆

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3506 on: November 07, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »

Salary.

Damn. What do you do?

I've somehow managed to completely lose access to my main gmail account. I have no possible way to recover and forgot the password. I somehow got logged out and now I'm screwed  :doge

GF did that. There is a recovery option where you basically guess the exact month and year you made the account and like the location you made it in and then it gives you access back.

Next thing you do is set up a recovery account/phone number.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3507 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:38 AM »
The google accounts team is investigating my account  :doge

Supposedly they'll get back to me in 3-5 days. Show mercy google gods  :'(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:01:18 AM by filler »

Raist

« Reply #3508 on: November 07, 2017, 05:24:32 AM »
The google accounts team is investigating my account  :doge

So you're screwed then.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3509 on: November 07, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
I hate how as I get older and older I get more afraid of change of safety. It's like the exact reason why studies show people become more conservative as they age (I'm still liberal as fuck tho). Like when I was in my 20s I'd travel all around on my own, jump on planes, find scrappy motels and have adventures and not give a fuck.

But now like, booking a solo trip to somewhere I've never been, takes like a huge jump of courage and even after I have everything booked and I should be happy that I'm going to be going on a vacation and going to somewhere new, instead I just feel a shitton of anxiety about leaving my comfort zone and I hate that. When I'm in a relationship I feel fine and excited booking stuff for two, but it's like I get anxiety about solo traveling because oh no it's leaving my safe zone and there's a minor chance something bad could happen outside of my regular routine where I have 99% control of what is going on.  ::)

I'm finding that I get increasingly liberal as old age approaches. Trying to figure out how to usher in an age of UBI before the Republicans stack the SCOTUS and pass laws allowing them to hunt the poor for sport.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3510 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
For me, I find myself a little more conservative because I'm more cynical.

For example saying stuff like: "Neo puritanism wont work because people are flawed inside."

Or "Universal healthcare in America wont work because you have to pull out the whole system and start over and no one is going to allow you to do that."

For me it's not fear so much as it's cynicism.
que

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #3511 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:41 PM »
My sports hero is dead and everyone has 280 characters on twitter now  :-\

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3512 on: November 07, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »
The google gods have been merciful  :rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3513 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:27 AM »
Day 3 of being sick at home, actually feel worse and going to see doc today.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3514 on: November 08, 2017, 02:44:51 AM »
My sports hero is dead and everyone has 280 characters on twitter now  :-\

Edit: Nvm, can't remove the embedded Twitter preview.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3515 on: November 09, 2017, 06:43:57 AM »

Salary.

Damn. What do you do?

IT Support for a hospital, senior network analyst. We switched systems last week from Allscripts to Epic. Our management is not good.
rub

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3516 on: November 09, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »
EHR go lives are the worst

Good luck moving forward zomgee, I suspect long hours will continue in the future
dur

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3517 on: November 09, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
EHR go lives are the worst

Good luck moving forward zomgee, I suspect long hours will continue in the future

Yeah, it's my... third? I think? Platform shift?

But I've had maybe 3 cloud migrations in that as well.
rub

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3518 on: November 09, 2017, 12:46:48 PM »
Hospitals around here notoriously don't pay shit for their IT. At one point my boss responded to an ad from a big hospital for an Exchange admin with cert. required. After the interview, he asked about salary and they said starting pay was $30K a year. He said thank you for wasting his time and left.
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3519 on: November 09, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
Hospitals around here notoriously don't pay shit for their IT. At one point my boss responded to an ad from a big hospital for an Exchange admin with cert. required. After the interview, he asked about salary and they said starting pay was $30K a year. He said thank you for wasting his time and left.

Why would ANYONE take a job in IT for that little? How are they filling the positions?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3520 on: November 10, 2017, 01:55:34 AM »
Had a meeting in San Francisco today. It took me 4 hours to get home. That's half a part time job just driving. :stahp
que

Raist

« Reply #3521 on: November 10, 2017, 02:41:17 AM »
It's alright, soon you'll be able to take the hyperloop.

:teehee

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3522 on: November 10, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »

Why would ANYONE take a job in IT for that little? How are they filling the positions?

©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3523 on: November 10, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »
Ordered a black coffee, it tastes like it has allllll the sugar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3524 on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
Really feeling the effects of sleeping like shit this whole week. Not sure if there is enough coffee in the world.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3525 on: November 10, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »
Newest struggle: Dufus trying to downplay my struggle

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3526 on: November 10, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »
I had to drink it though, you don’t understand

spoiler (click to show/hide)
my bad
[close]

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3527 on: November 11, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »
So working so much has given me a new friend.

Shingles!

Yes shingles, they're not just for the roof any more. They're for my upper leg. My doctor said these are likely stress related and working so much has given me a fucking physical ailment that might cause permanent nerve damage. As if I wasn't bitter enough about everything.

It feels like my leg has a sunburn that just rendomly flares up and anything lightly touching it causes intense pain.

To quote RinsFury: fuck blank

Edit: somehow fitting that a post about shingles is at the top of a page
rub

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3528 on: November 12, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »
Get the vaccine

/takes off Rph hat
dur

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3529 on: November 12, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
Get the vaccine

/takes off Rph hat

Taking some anti-viral medication right now. I think(?) I'm supposed to treat until the rash is gone before the shot? I'll ask my primary about the shot next because this can't keep going.

But thank you it's the right move.
rub

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3530 on: November 13, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
I always assumed because I had chicken pox as a kid, I would be less susceptible to getting shingles later in life, but apparently that's not true.

I wasn't even aware they created a vaccine for it in 1995. I wondered why I never heard of as many kids getting it anymore.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:19:37 AM by ToxicAdam »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3531 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
Having a shitty day. Trying to drown the negativity with music.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3532 on: November 13, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »

bless up and be of good courage.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3533 on: November 13, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »

What music?
rub

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3534 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
What music?
I'll post a link in the music thread~

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3535 on: November 13, 2017, 02:29:51 PM »

here's this for you

feel better friend
püp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3536 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:05 AM »
Been sleeping like shit past couple days and I’ve had a couple nosebleeds  :-\

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3537 on: November 15, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
At least contact Apple, see if there’s a recall or exchange program. Sometimes they still do the right thing.

Bebpo

« Reply #3538 on: November 15, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
My 2008 S2000 broke again. Was just at the shop last month fixing an electric issue. This morning I hit unlock on the electronic key and the passenger window retracted suddenly straight down & quick. Now won’t go up. Doesn’t seem motor related at first because pressing down on the window button tries to lower it and makes bad bad noises. Almost like the window fell off whatever was keeping it in place.

Taking it back to the shop next week. Between this, my electric issues, the driver side seat adjustment lever breaking and having to replace the entire seat. Car feels a bit of a lemon lately :/ Add in all the maintenance and feeling like it’s time to get a new reliable car for everyday driving and just keep the s2000 for fun drives.

Time to get a boring Prius? -_-

Bebpo

« Reply #3539 on: November 15, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »
My experience with Honda’s growing up (civics, accords) has been pretty positive. It’s just my s2000 that’s had issues on a yearly/bi-yearly basis. Probably spend like $2,000-$3,000 a year on issues & maintenance.

If I get a second car, I should get a comfy sedan since everyone always complains how uncomfortable the passenger side is in the s2000.

Fwiw, I love driving it, which is why I’d rather keep it as a weekend car than sell it. Probably could only get like 8-10k at this point and needs at least $2-3k in fixes to make it sellable.