Author Topic: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care  (Read 534910 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: Struggle Thread mk II - No one likes us, we don't care
« Reply #3540 on: November 15, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
A lot of cars develop random electrical issues after a decade. It's a Honda so the power train probably has plenty of life in it but yea random shit may go wrong and parts may be hard to find since it's a discontinued, niche car.

Plus a lot S2000s lived hard lives so that may have been a factor. I'd say just get a comfortable, efficient car for your daily driver needs and keep the S2000 for the broners.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3541 on: November 15, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
Finally back on my anxiety meds.  Last two months have been rough – a lot of anxiety, panics attacks, etc.
püp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3542 on: November 15, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »
If it's really just the window that fell off the track that is super easy to fix yourself.

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #3543 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:40 AM »
I think the company is going under. I guess I'm a big part in potentially saving it, but I'm too tired.

I'm so tired and worried and powerless. Ugh I hate myself.
brb

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3544 on: November 16, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
I think the company is going under. I guess I'm a big part in potentially saving it, but I'm too tired.

I've been there, almost in exactly the same place. And honestly, you gotta realize that people have their limits. Like I tried to explain to one of the people I mentor, if you march your army double time for 40 miles to reach the battlefield then expect them to face the enemy, you need to face the fact you're very likely going to lose. Do what you can, but no one saves a company on their own.
que

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #3545 on: November 17, 2017, 08:57:16 AM »
Had to text the agency that set up an interview for me working at the direct competitor to where I work now saying last minute I cannot go due to family reasons. Really I just sat weighing up the pros and cons of going to this interview and decided against it and to look elsewhere, but I feel really bad for cancelling last minute, even now ive got no way of getting there on time now.

Now to ignore my phone all day.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3546 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:36 AM »
Cons of going to an interview?  Cons of taking another job, sure... but looking at options?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3547 on: November 17, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
eh, I've bailed on interviews before. Can't take the time off or it's too much a hassle, etc. :trumps
que

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #3548 on: November 17, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
Cons of going to an interview?  Cons of taking another job, sure... but looking at options?

The industry I work in is large, but at a mid-senior management level is very small. To put this into perspective this company's agency has been badgering me for months now to go visit them. At the same time our company has managed to take 6 managers from them over the past year, so I also think part in parcel for them tying to so hard to get me is competitive reasons alongside the fact the demand is much higher than supply for my exact position which is why theyve struggled for almost half a year to fill that pos.

Ive done my research and this company is plagued with a lot of the same issues that im facing now, in fact one of my staff just joined me from that company 3 months ago. Our technical sales provider has both of us under their accounts plus many a people here now who used to come from there. The fact both companies have a lot of crossover, if I go and decide its not for me, theres a good chance word will get back to my boss and directors. Which could result in making my life worse at work or losing my job completely which i dont want to do until I have found something I want.

Theyre ideally looking for someone with a wealth of experience, but ive only been doing this for 2 years, one year as an official manager. However, by all means i am a very solid pick up. However, the distance for me to travel,they would need to offer me an extra £14,000/yr ($18.4k), for me to still make more than what im earning now, which they would be very reluctant to do with someone with small amount of contacts and experience in the industry.

If theres a possibility they will offer me a price increase by that much, they need to be desperate and if they want someone that bad, it wont be the last I hear of them. If not, I would prefer to keep excess stress at a minimum and i think dodging this interview will do that.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3549 on: November 17, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
That makes more sense.  Fuck it.  I assume you took time off for the interview so now just enjoy it!

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3550 on: November 17, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »

bruv i called your company once to sell some marketing shit but they told me things were just peerrrfect

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3551 on: November 24, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
Having a really bad day. Can't sleep, in bed crying, I feel like a failure over so many things I don't know how to deal with right now. I'm so overwhelmed with emotions and stress. Said things I shouldn't have, didn't say the things I really meant.

It's late and I'm extra emotional right now, rip

Tasty

« Reply #3552 on: November 24, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
Having a really bad day. Can't sleep, in bed crying, I feel like a failure over so many things I don't know how to deal with right now. I'm so overwhelmed with emotions and stress. Said things I shouldn't have, didn't say the things I really meant.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3553 on: November 24, 2017, 07:45:49 PM »

hope u feel better soon
 :'(

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3554 on: November 25, 2017, 03:52:49 AM »
:heartbeat

agrajag

« Reply #3555 on: November 25, 2017, 05:30:08 AM »
*e-hugs*

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3556 on: November 25, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
haven't felt like myself in a week, every interaction seems weird, like even others say they're feeling off

gotta go do the social thing again tonight with high intensity ppl, but my heart's not in it  :'(

Bebpo

« Reply #3557 on: November 25, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
You’ll probably feel better once your part of a conversation. Being included is a feel good thing.
Otherwise, ain’t nothing wrong with being the quiet guy for a night.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3558 on: November 26, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »
If I die tonight I want you guys to know you were aight
每天生气

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3559 on: November 27, 2017, 05:59:54 AM »
No one is dying tonight. :maf

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3560 on: November 27, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
Hang in there everyone.

2018 is around the corner y'all, new year, new chances.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3561 on: November 27, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »
Last week sucked. Somewhat. Spent the week back home upstate NY for Thanksgiving. First day of vacation I started getting a terrible toothache caused by what I later learned my wisdom teeth.

Spent several nights in intense pain, getting woken up in the middle of the night. One night was so bad I had to take a sleep aid to put me out because the pain was so bad.

Now I'm back home and have to try and schedule some oral surgery this for December.
nat

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3562 on: November 27, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
Gettin kinda tired of it all right now to be honest. I have lost any self identification in my interpersonal and professional relationships. What I thought was there is not and what I want may no longer be possible.

I'm completely trapped and I don't see an exit.

Sorry to be vague. Maybe some of it is despicable but I feel like I deserve something too. I just can't see how it happens from here on out.
rub

Bebpo

« Reply #3563 on: November 28, 2017, 09:51:53 PM »
Sometimes I'm so frustrated with work/my life direction I type up a post and then delete it here and just blah.

I need to find something I love (that's not a person) and do it for my life and enjoy it constantly. But the only things in my life I love with that much passion are rpgs and that means either make rpgs or write books about rpgs, but the latter sounds boring and the former sounds like it'll make about -$5,000,000 income. I also need money because I don't want to live with my parents and I want to pay my health bills and stay alive. I also like having internet and electricity.

Also I feel like I'm too old to just start a lot of careers. Like it seems like it'd be fun to go into practical special effects for tv/film and think up crazy creative ways to make things happen, but I wish I thought of that when I was like 16, not 36. I also would've like to have gotten seriously into politics and try to make it into like the house or senate someday and make a difference, but way too old to just put my foot in the political door.

Never too old to be a bartender at a dive bar I guess.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:38:05 AM by Bebpo »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3564 on: November 29, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »
Last three days I've been woken up around 1:30am to some fucking awful pain in my mouth. Basically writhing around in pain until it subsides. I managed to get a prescription to some higher dose ibprofen and that has worked twice in mitigating the pain. Last night? Woke up at 12:50 and immediately took a painkiller and fell back to sleep. But then woken back up at 2:30 to even worse pain. So much I had to wake my girlfriend up because I couldn't cope. Eventually I lathered some of high powered Kanka mouth pain numbing stuff all over my gums and that finally numbed it enough for me to get back to sleep

This is awful. I just rescheduled a dentist appointment because I can't wait until next week. Now I'm probably going to get my wisdom teeth (all 4) out this Friday and be all fucked up this weekend.
nat

Tasty

« Reply #3565 on: November 29, 2017, 11:13:43 AM »
Lost my wallet last night. 🤔

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3566 on: November 29, 2017, 11:20:22 AM »
Lost my wallet last night. 🤔

That is the absolute worst. The only way I was able to fix it was to get a new driver's license. I had a friend at the DMV which helped me get my license and a valid form of ID. If I didn't have that I don't know what I would have done.
rub

Tasty

« Reply #3567 on: November 29, 2017, 03:49:05 PM »
Apparently left it at my friend's place, not the Uber or the bar like I had feared. :whew

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3568 on: November 29, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
Apparently left it at my friend's place, not the Uber or the bar like I had feared. :whew

Now that's what I call friends with benefits. Just leave your whole wallet on the dresser. :lawd
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3569 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:34 AM »
Boss gave me an ultimatum for what i have to achieve before xmas (he didnt actually say ill be sacked but... its implied)

Today two deals I was hopeful on crashed and burned

I knew I should have stayed home this morning

ive made like 2500 call attempts in the last few months and prob as many mails sent with only a handful of deals to show for

maybe getting sacked will be a blessing as ill look beyond sales jobs

shosta

« Reply #3570 on: November 30, 2017, 04:43:21 AM »
Get out of sales. It'll destroy your soul.
每天生气

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3571 on: November 30, 2017, 05:51:35 AM »
Like Bebpo said its hard to change into another way when you are "old" (34). Too old to change direction again? I hope not. But I dont want to look back in 10 years and be like, DAMN I WAS YOUNG THEN AND COULD HAVE CHANGED COURSE.

@bebpo: start persuing your dreams before you have a family, it will be a lot harder to change then bro. You are still single, this is the time imho.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3572 on: November 30, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Like Bebpo said its hard to change into another way when you are "old" (34). Too old to change direction again? I hope not. But I dont want to look back in 10 years and be like, DAMN I WAS YOUNG THEN AND COULD HAVE CHANGED COURSE.

@bebpo: start persuing your dreams before you have a family, it will be a lot harder to change then bro. You are still single, this is the time imho.

this is some hard truth kids
rub

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3573 on: November 30, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
never have kids

ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED
dur

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3574 on: November 30, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »
never have dreams

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3575 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »
never have
nat

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3576 on: November 30, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
never

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3577 on: November 30, 2017, 02:12:54 PM »
To be devil's advocate. yeah kids are a pain and all that. But when the end comes for me the love I shared with my wife and kids will matter while all the professional achievements I would've attained without them will be worthless. :trumps
que

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3578 on: November 30, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »
ne
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3579 on: November 30, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
To be devil's advocate. yeah kids are a pain and all that. But when the end comes for me the love I shared with my wife and kids will matter while all the professional achievements I would've attained without them will be worthless. :trumps

yeah i mean, kids is the best thing that has happened with me in my life

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3580 on: November 30, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
My daughter gave me life. It's tough, but she keeps me going. :heartbeat

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
dur

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Tasty

« Reply #3584 on: December 04, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
I've only been paid 1.5 paychecks at my fancy new job that puts me at about market rate (and allows me to stay in Boston, as I had considered a move to the much cheaper Providence), and because of this I've been scrambling to put together the money for my apartment's initial payment. This is made up of first month's, the same amount for the realtor, and half that for a security deposit. The apartment was under some kind of "show and pay" promo or some shit (which I'm not 100% sure wasn't totally made up on the spot by the landlord/realtor) which "waved" the last month and half the security deposit.

Essentially, this initial payment is only 2.5x the monthly rent, instead of 4x. So that's nice. And I paid 1/3 last Friday.

But yeah, what's not nice is not having enough to pay the other 2/3. I've drafted a plan to basically beg my closest friends (and ex-BF) for short-term loans. I can easily pay it all back before the month ends, but I basically have just three days to raise all this money.

:-\

Cryo

« Reply #3585 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
I hate school and I wish I could press a button and arrive at the conclusion of final exams and my senior design project presentation without having to actually experience it irl.  :doge

shosta

« Reply #3586 on: December 05, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
I've only been paid 1.5 paychecks at my fancy new job that puts me at about market rate (and allows me to stay in Boston, as I had considered a move to the much cheaper Providence), and because of this I've been scrambling to put together the money for my apartment's initial payment. This is made up of first month's, the same amount for the realtor, and half that for a security deposit. The apartment was under some kind of "show and pay" promo or some shit (which I'm not 100% sure wasn't totally made up on the spot by the landlord/realtor) which "waved" the last month and half the security deposit.

Essentially, this initial payment is only 2.5x the monthly rent, instead of 4x. So that's nice. And I paid 1/3 last Friday.

But yeah, what's not nice is not having enough to pay the other 2/3. I've drafted a plan to basically beg my closest friends (and ex-BF) for short-term loans. I can easily pay it all back before the month ends, but I basically have just three days to raise all this money.

God, man, that's the realest stress. I feel for you. Been there, done that. Best of luck to you, really. You should consider going to a bank, since you have provable income (and a great job).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:29:11 AM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #3587 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »
God, man, that's the realest stress. I feel for you.

Yeah, wish I had struggles like these  :-\

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3588 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
That Baconator destroyed my asshole :(
serge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3589 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »
weird nickname for someone
rub

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3590 on: December 05, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
I hate school and I wish I could press a button and arrive at the conclusion of final exams and my senior design project presentation without having to actually experience it irl.  :doge

i got some bad news about work life man

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3591 on: December 05, 2017, 12:24:28 PM »
Robots, free us! :rejoice

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #3592 on: December 05, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »

I want nothing more in life to go back 15 years.

Tasty

« Reply #3593 on: December 05, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »

God, man, that's the realest stress. I feel for you. Been there, done that. Best of luck to you, really. You should consider going to a bank, since you have provable income (and a great job).

Thanks man. What do I say to the bank? "Give me a three week loan?"

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3594 on: December 05, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »

If you want even more ass destruction try the Bacon King at BK. I tend to stay away from (non Taco Bell) fast food, but whenever I see an ad for a brand new burger I automatically want to try it. It's...not bad. The Baconator is too meaty for me, too much beef which makes it dry. Whereas the Bacon King has a sauce that makes it juicer.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3595 on: December 05, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

If you want even more ass destruction try the Bacon King at BK. I tend to stay away from (non Taco Bell) fast food, but whenever I see an ad for a brand new burger I automatically want to try it. It's...not bad. The Baconator is too meaty for me, too much beef which makes it dry. Whereas the Bacon King has a sauce that makes it juicer.

Will eating a Bacon King the day after eating a Baconator kill me?
serge

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3596 on: December 05, 2017, 01:27:44 PM »

Thanks man. What do I say to the bank? "Give me a three week loan?"
Ask about their short term loan options.  The term should then be less than 12 months.  Make sure there is no early payment penalty and just pay it off sooner.  They will likely ask what the purpose of the loan is and you can tell them you're moving to a new place and you need money to cover some of the moving expenses.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3597 on: December 05, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
What Mupepe said. It will look good on your credit as well.
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3598 on: December 05, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
Might be worth going to a CU instead of a bank too

Tasty

« Reply #3599 on: December 05, 2017, 02:39:55 PM »
Thanks guys. Will give it a shot.