13 (13.8%)
No that would be unpatriotic
1 (1.1%)
Thanks, Comradebama
18 (19.1%)
Why are these still on state property
25 (26.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Should libruls be allowed to take dern my cunfedrit flag?  (Read 27692 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Should libruls be allowed to take dern my cunfedrit flag?
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2015, 12:39:05 AM »
As stated, I'm COMPLETELY for removing the Confederate Flag from government buildings. Hell, I'd even rename the streets which are named after Confederate personages. HA HA, fuck them. They lost.

I would be willing to let The South With Rise Again types move into little reservations, the same horrible way we treated other peoples who lost wars of aggression. It's not right, but it's consistent. We could also go ahead and sell that land out from under them the moment we found useful resources, the same way we've treated the indigenous people's reservations.

But, back on topic, Amazon and Apple are free to say "no thanks" to selling goods which feature offensive items on them but in both cases it feels like a moral panic more than a consistent business decision. I mean, any amount of money Amazon and Apple make as their cut from third-party sellers could be donated to groups which oppose the actual items. That would be a more elegant solution.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2015, 02:30:11 AM »
I think it'd be cool if Apple or Amazon had someone check on the stuff, and see like "oh, obvious civil war historical game/app, exempt that" vs. stuff that might be more celebrating/promoting/etc.

I have no idea if they're doing this, I don't read news stories that say "Apple" in the headline unless it's like "Local man gets apple removed from rectum at hospital."

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2015, 09:37:48 AM »
I agree a panic is going on with Amazon. They sell all types of questionable shit, I don't see a problem with that list including Confederate shit.

My general view is that if people want to buy or display the flag that's their business. I reserve the right to judge the fuck outta you tho. I just don't want it flying on government property, and if a business displayed it I wouldn't shop there.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/thousands-in-south-carolina-receive-menacing-confederate-flag-robocall-over-independence-day-weekend/

The SC primary is going to be even uglier than normal this year, just watch

They did not specify how their robocalls and radio ad campaign are being funded.

I can't imagine.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »
We did it guys! Racism is over!
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/man-calls-cops-after-mostly-black-town-hurts-his-feelings-by-disrespecting-confederate-flag-parade/

Fuckleberry Finn here felt threatened and insulted by the racial slurs while driving in a confederate flag "peace ride" through a 77% black town.

C'mon. This isn't TheOnion?

studyguy

« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/man-calls-cops-after-mostly-black-town-hurts-his-feelings-by-disrespecting-confederate-flag-parade/

Fuckleberry Finn here felt threatened and insulted by the racial slurs while driving in a confederate flag "peace ride" through a 77% black town.

C'mon. This isn't TheOnion?

“The racial slurs are really what hurt me,” Oliver remarked. “You know, it’s uncalled for. There’s no need for that in today’s society.”

:cac
pause

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™