Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3232815 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 10:39:32 PM »
Spoiler warning in the title bro.

LMAO, the game has been out for over two years.
🍆🍆

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »
People who believe in spoilers believe there should be no statute of limitations on warning them about spoilers. They're truly petulant.

Himu

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
People who believe in spoilers believe there should be no statute of limitations on warning them about spoilers. They're truly petulant.

Naw. I believe in spoilers, but it'd be dumb complaining about certain kinds of spoilers depending on how old it is. On the other hand, if you're talking to someone who flat out tells you they're watching/reading or whatever to something for the first time, it'd be asshole-ish to spoil things for them on purpose with the knowledge they haven't experienced it. So it works both ways.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
Atlus, US and otherwise, used to not be such a shit. Kind of sad. Them last dying gasps of the JP gaming industry, y'all.

Atlus USA is a publisher. Atlus Japan is a developer. Because Atlus USA publishes something doesn't make it an actual Atlus game. But yes, I'm so sorry this has their name attached.

Atlus US has been semi-borderline :holeup for a few years now, dudes. Where have you been?  :-\

Himu

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2015, 11:44:23 PM »
Atlus, US and otherwise, used to not be such a shit. Kind of sad. Them last dying gasps of the JP gaming industry, y'all.

Atlus USA is a publisher. Atlus Japan is a developer. Because Atlus USA publishes something doesn't make it an actual Atlus game. But yes, I'm so sorry this has their name attached.

Atlus US has been semi-borderline :holeup for a few years now, dudes. Where have you been?  :-\

For the most part, not playing Atlus USA games. :smug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:stahp
[close]
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 11:49:46 PM »
Dungeon Travelers 2 is developed by AquaPlus, not Sting. :ufup
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2015, 12:15:47 AM »
If you are ever tempted to think Sculi is just a joke poster, consider the following: during production of Avatar--a movie so bad it uses Papyrus typeface for its subtitling--Sculi started so many inane threads about the blockbuster schlock's production that at a certain point GAF's moderation forbade him from starting any more threads about Avatar's production.

Stanning for Avatar, John Carter... Does he, by any chance, raves about Joseph Campbell and his work ?

---

Also thread about the Japanese Emperor expressing regrets over the last World War ? Derailed at first post with atomic bombs discussion  ::) .
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097226
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:48:37 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 12:49:23 AM »
This is cool, I always wondered what licking your elbows is like, now i know it's like making a lukewarm sports anime.
QED

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 12:56:11 AM »
Dungeon Travelers 2 is developed by AquaPlus, not Sting. :ufup

:expert

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2015, 02:53:09 AM »

Persona 5 will break the mold because the characters wont be anything like Persona 3/4  :rejoice

So they say  :brazilcry
[close]

Vertigo

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2015, 02:53:50 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097319

So last year I did something wrong to a friend of mine, I'm not going to go into detail about it for her sake, but things got weird. Her boyfriend used to be my go-to friend, but because of this, she started going to other friends, and because of that, I've become forgotten.

ooh i can't wait to find out what it was he did

He was beating round the bush but he finally went into detail

Quote from: Fudgepuppy;175663794
There's some parts of the story I haven't told. I think it's better to come clean than to go around the bush.

The full story:
We were at the party, both she and her boyfriend got ridiculously drunk. He hit the floor in the kitchen and started sleeping, she went into the bathroom. After a while I heard running water. People came and went and wanted to use the bathroom, but it was locked. After 15 minutes or so, people started talking, complaining they couldn't use the bathroom. This lock was a standard one where you can unlock it from the outside just using your nail or a coin for an example. So I open the door, I see in the periphery of my vision she is naked, lying down in the tub with the water running. I quickly pull the curtain so I don't see, then I reach in, turn off the water and drop a towel over her. This is when a friend of hers opens the door, I don't want to involve anyone else and make them see her like this, so I say it's fine and close the door. I start talking to her, asking if she needs water or anything, she's just mumbling. This is when the other girl opens the door again. In my drunken stupor I get frustrated with trying to "protect" this girl, so I say it's all fine, close the door and lock it.

After 40 seconds or so, I realize how horrible this looks. I unlock the door and get out and tell this other girl she needs help.

That was it. Nothing happened, but the entire event made her feel incredibly unsafe with me, it also made her remember much more painful memories.

I still feel disgusted with myself. I'm sorry I didn't tell the entirety of the story from the start.

He sounds like one of those busy body friends who is sometimes tolerated more than really liked.

Also that thread is one of the most depressing things I've read in a while lot of posters coming out the woodwork saying they have no friends at all.

It explains so much about Gaf and it's utter hatred of social media, it would drive them mad seeing other people having fun.

Vertigo

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »
Honestly, dude did the right thing, but in an awkward way. That drunk chick could have drowned in the tub easily. He got a raw deal from those "friends".

Yeah very awkward. But this guy sounds like he himself can't get past it and kept bringing it up to other people and making everyone feel weird. Hence the invites stopped. He was basically a white knight who fucked up. Also these people don't sound like actual friends just drinking 'buddies' at 'gatherings'

Quote from: Fudgepuppy;175667160
From what I've gathered, most people in the group either don't know of the incident or don't think I did anything wrong. Even the girl who tried to enter the bathroom, told me a couple of weeks later how nice it was of me when I had my own party and helped her take care of another girl we're all friends with.

Most people in the group are like friends in that you hang out at gatherings, but not much else. But because the girl and her boyfriend are the center, I'm not invited to the gatherings anymore.

Sadly this guy reeks of desperation. I bet his tried his to continuously contact the bath girl to get back into the group. Just making his situation worse.

Desperation

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2015, 07:47:34 AM »

Quote from: Vertigo

Sadly this guy reeks of desperation. I bet his tried his to continuously contact the bath girl to get back into the group. Just making his situation worse.

:-\
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:04:17 AM by Desperation »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:04 AM »
Drinking buddies are not real friends?

:noooo

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:29 AM »

Quote from: Vertigo

:-\
Go take a shower, man. You always stink.

thisismyusername

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2015, 08:58:39 AM »
Sounds like he should've left her in the tub. :larry

(I'm kidding, if you don't know)

Her being the center of the group and feeling like he was going to rape her while she was drunk is probably the major problem there. Nothing he can do about it, he'll either have to talk to the other people outside two individually and explain his situation (which he really shouldn't, IMO) or get "new friends" and continue on.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »
Following what he told, he should just have asked for help the first time someone (esp. a friend of the ill woman) entered the bathtub. Would certainly have defused a lot of potential misinterpreting. I guess it would be a fairly easy mistake to make.
ὕβρις

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
i can't believe we're all taking the story at face value  :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
i can't believe we're all taking the story at face value  :lol

Well, until told otherwise... that's all we have.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
Yeah he cupped a titty or something. No one get shamed for helping a friend potentially not drown themselves unless there's more to it.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2015, 10:40:40 AM »
Doesn't make sense to me, you have the so called mind frame that you don't want her other friends seeing her this way but you can't perceive that maybe if she's nude in the bathroom you should recruit a close female friend to wrap her up for you? Have a second party so you don't seem like you're taking advantage of a drunk chick? I mean they'll find out she's shit faced drunk eventually and that you were in the bathroom with alone her.

studyguy

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Only time I've walked in on someone in a tub at a party was my friend looking like he tried to throw up in a toilet then subsequently fell in face first.
Shit was gross.
pause

Himu

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »
When I was a kid we were very active in the church and visited our church friends' houses a lot. So one time when I was around 10-ish we went to one family's house and it was my first time there. Things are going smoothly and I decided I needed to go to the bathroom. I open the door and the house patriarch is squatting on his knees, tinkering with a sink with some tools...except only butt naked.

Shit was straight out of an anime.

We never talked about that moment - how could you? - but I remember. I'll always remember. :stahp :fbm
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2015, 11:42:47 AM »
Shit was straight out of an anime.

I assume you fell face-first into his crotch?
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Fortunately no.

:brazilcry
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:11 AM »
This season on My Kid's Friend Can't Be This Cute™

Himu

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
He is actually the grandpa. :brazilcry
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
If you are ever tempted to think Sculi is just a joke poster, consider the following: during production of Avatar--a movie so bad it uses Papyrus typeface for its subtitling--Sculi started so many inane threads about the blockbuster schlock's production that at a certain point GAF's moderation forbade him from starting any more threads about Avatar's production.

Stanning for Avatar, John Carter... Does he, by any chance, raves about Joseph Campbell and his work ?

:dead

archie4208

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »

Kara

studyguy

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »
I only buy products sourced from the highest quality third world country child labor, thanks.
pause

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »
Muh web site

Muh ad revenue

Muh jiujitsu lessons
rub

Jansen

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »
Neogaf has a case of the mondays

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2015, 02:58:43 PM »
55 guests are at the web site the bore dot com
rub

Kara

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2015, 03:03:13 PM »

Well are you going to invite them in or not? /mom

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2015, 03:04:23 PM »

We started at the bottom, now we here.
©@©™

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »
the bore does what neogaf doesn't...

...load

Kara

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »
There was this slasher flick called Fear Dot Com about a website that killed people. (No, it wasn't a Hemlock Society front.) To promote this fine piece of art the studio that made it setup a website with the URL feardotcom dot com. Frankly that was all I needed to know about the confidence they had in it, if you can't be bothered to buy the Federation of Economics and Agricultural Reporters' domain name then it's clearly not a top shelf product.

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
neogaf tries to kill people too, but every day at 4:00 pm it realizes it's been up for 8 hours and has been sitting in front of the computer in its underwear since waking up and hasn't even had breakfast yet and by that point it's too late to leave the house

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »
neogaf tries to kill people too, but every day at 4:00 pm it realizes it's been up for 8 hours and has been sitting in front of the computer in its underwear since waking up and hasn't even had breakfast yet and by that point it's too late to leave the house

I dunno, even the web site has the sense to get off the Internet at some point.
rub

thisismyusername

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
So, what is GAF going down on today?

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »
So, what is GAF going down on today?

they're going down on sony, like every other day

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2015, 04:41:48 PM »
I really feel entitled for neogaf to work since I dont use adblocker

Yulwei

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »

wonder what their reaction was when they saw the OP of this thread  :gaben

Rman

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »
something wrong with GAF?

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »
What bit of Sony news brought GAF down?

:marimo
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »

Hot new Splatoon devianart was released.
©@©™

Syph

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2015, 05:09:56 PM »
site just got sold
XO

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2015, 05:12:43 PM »
MGSV spoilers have leaked onto the internet.
reckt

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2015, 05:23:03 PM »
Fatal error: Unable to connect to memcache server in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 224

fucking lol
püp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »
Finally realized what you avatar is from. :lol

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
Finally realized what you avatar is from. :lol
Where? I stole it from someone else.
reckt

Kara

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2015, 05:28:09 PM »

omg the whining incoming. :lawd

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »
Isn't MGSV a prequel? So we already know what happens

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2015, 05:38:18 PM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »
Mgs5 demo was crap

spoiler
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
Kojima likes to retcon things. We know where it has to link up with MGS, but how he gets there is anyone's guess.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
It gets there via nanomachines and fucking underaged girls, same as all the other MGS games.

Kara

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »

I have to spoiler tag events in the Horus Heresy. :shaq2

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:23 PM »
Kojima likes to retcon things. We know where it has to link up with MGS, but how he gets there is anyone's guess.

My guess is "poorly." It gets there "poorly."