Author Topic: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.  (Read 3343246 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: The Bore does what NeoGAF doesn't.
« Reply #21780 on: July 13, 2016, 11:28:30 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

zepblackstar

« Reply #21782 on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:21 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246123

:what wtf is happening in this thread

Cool kids saying fuck the police for showing up that idiot couple.

nachobro

• Live Más

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21784 on: July 14, 2016, 12:08:32 AM »
"Oh you paid for my meal? Well I guess that makes up for you murdering my friends and oppressing my community."

Fucking sigh. Is there like... an instruction manual for little bitches like this? Is there some sort of progressive macro they use?

:beli

zepblackstar

« Reply #21785 on: July 14, 2016, 12:26:49 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #21786 on: July 14, 2016, 12:31:36 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209897232&postcount=74

::) ::) ::)

Scust.

I had to unfriend someone on Facebook the other day because he was arguing with another friend that Micah Johnson was a hero and all this nonsense.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21787 on: July 14, 2016, 01:31:52 AM »
Thread is good eatin'. (Please no tipping, this is fast casual.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209907954&postcount=357
People have, for hundreds of years. Pick up a book. Talk to a friend. Walk a mile. Work it out and act like a grown up doing things with grown up stakes. Just stop expecting the need to move forward to 'slow up' because you can't keep up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209908185&postcount=370
It's knuckleheaded discussions like this that prove that most of you so-called- allies aren't ready to participate. You're proving the screening process to be effective, and worse absolutely essential.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209908263&postcount=374
Is there a reason you ignored the content of the note? Like, I legitimately cannot understand the mindset of someone who believes that these cops were being selfless when they had a waitress refer to them as "the cops you didn't want to sit next to" with a sarcastic "Thank you for your support." (this literally cannot be sarcasm because the people didn't do anything specifically in that situation in support of the cops or the diner). It's a guilt trip.

Because participation by white allies is not an inherent right in these discussions. It's also rather amazing how outraged people get about these things, given that cases where white people are left out of certain discussions are anomalies. You know what's really hard? Having a discussion and hearing an ally lift their finger and say "Well actually"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209910010&postcount=391
How about instead of a tab, you print out your department's statistics for unarmed shootings, nonlethal takedowns, arrest demographics, etc. as well as proof against racial profiling and tip that next time?

Kraftwerk

« Reply #21788 on: July 14, 2016, 02:16:51 AM »

I don't think any thought that deep crossed the OP's mind. It's a really strange thread to make. The OP reminds me of that time Ali G interviewed Buzz Aldrin and asked him "what about all those people that say there is no moon?"

Fight me

agrajag

« Reply #21789 on: July 14, 2016, 02:25:20 AM »
Thread is good eatin'. (Please no tipping, this is fast casual.)
snip

:doge

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #21790 on: July 14, 2016, 03:04:45 AM »
walrus made an alt just to post that thread? 

plebs, the whole lot of you

Bebpo

« Reply #21791 on: July 14, 2016, 04:06:07 AM »
Wait, what?  Champloo is fantastic, lots of style, amazing fight choreography, really cool take on a period piece.  I mean let's not pretend Bebop doesn't have some weak episodes.  It's what happens when these shows are mostly episodic.  But they both have some incredible eps.

You can bitch about the saving a woman ep, but then you have the episode about the invention of baseball in Japan which is like A+++++++++ utter genius.  Also the start & finish were really strong just like Bebop.  It's just a shame that Watanabe's never been able to do anything near the quality of those two since.  They're both incredibly well directed series for the most part.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21792 on: July 14, 2016, 04:10:58 AM »
The baseball one is the worst offender of the 26 in my book.

Bebpo

« Reply #21793 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:36 AM »
Wow, agree to disagree.  I thought it was the best episode I watched that entire year.  It was absolutely hilarious and the concept of a kind of mockumentary about how baseball came to be was a really creative silly fun concept extremely well executed.  I'm a big fan of Japanese comedy though and champloo's highlights for me were the fights & the comedy, even more so than the music.

Bebop wasn't anywhere near as silly & funny as Champloo.  So I can see how people who aren't into the humor or prefer more serious would prefer Bebop.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #21794 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:32 AM »
I know this isn't the crowd, but yeah Eva is a really good show and it only gets better in comparison to what came after it.

Then again, I watched it at the perfect age (13) and can really relate to Shinji and Gendo's cold relationship compared to my own. I actually watched Eva again when my dad died and it was something that really helped me through that time.  So for me it was one of those first things you watch as a teenager, that feels mature, different, strange, and very relatable to a nerdy low self-esteem male teenager.  I mean I don't like Shinji as a character, but I relate to him in more ways then most fictional characters. Also it was something I discovered for myself so it was even more important.

I mean it is a slightly mature show with grounded characters that are actually flawed in realistic ways beyond what you see in most anime. Even Rei feels more human and grounded then the Rei clones in other anime where I guess the answer is to simply write a mystery girl with no emotions. Rei has plenty  of emotions and personality, the writers trying to make their own Rei's missed the point.

Also the show is uneven, which makes it more interesting. It feels raw like an actual creators work and not something mass produced ala Rahxephon. It does feel strange and jarring, like Gainax was making it up as they went along because they were. So you feel thier craft. While all the mysterious at the end are kind of pointless, it was really cool to ponder and read about what everything meant.

Then just on top is the cool mechanical designs. Seriously, Eva has great designs for pretty much everything. The tech, the mechs, the costumes, characters, and so on. Everyone put in their all there. Beyond that there is some really good directing behind it. The scale of the Evas always feels right. Something a lot of mech shows fail at conveying. The visual act of destruction has lead to so many iconic shots from this show. Eva unit 1's fight between Eva 6 may not be the most epic moument, but I'll always remember it because of how well it was conveyed with the black darkness and the strange long alien arms of the Angel mutated Eva. It's just cool. Or in episode 16 when Eva 1 goes beast mode and looks like a creepy dog. Just so much good visual design and direction. It just feels like a show with actual care and passion put into it.

It's not for everyone. You don't have to like it, but I don't believe you can really call it a bad show.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:47:19 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #21795 on: July 14, 2016, 05:52:40 AM »
Eva's kind of a mess, but a cool one. And people are inexplicably still jacking it to it's characters 20+ years later.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21796 on: July 14, 2016, 06:59:24 AM »
The baseball one is the worst offender of the 26 in my book.

:crazy
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #21797 on: July 14, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »
Can we go back to rating weeaboo games  :-X
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21798 on: July 14, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
The only anime I could ever really watch was DB/DBZ/DBGT.  The others didn't have enough shirtless and sweaty men.  :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #21799 on: July 14, 2016, 07:56:24 AM »
Manime :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #21800 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04:51 AM »
Manime. :yuck

Cowboy Bebop. :phil Cowboy Bebop: The Movie. :phil :phil

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21801 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
©ZH

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21802 on: July 14, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »
Eh, I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and believe him.

There are people out there that lack the mental capacity to seperate an Arabic name from the religion of Islam.

edit:

There's also people like this dumb cunt that think that anyone who is brown (these two Brazillian guys) are terrorists. :doge
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:56:30 AM by Pallando »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #21803 on: July 14, 2016, 09:59:09 AM »
In fairness Brazilian Portuguese is terror to my ears.

I'm intrigued about this new dick sucking terrorist angle, very post-Orlando.

Not surprised she has a disability plate, didn't know you can get those for a mental handicap too.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21804 on: July 14, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »
In fairness Brazilian Portuguese is terror to my ears.

I'm intrigued about this new dick sucking terrorist angle, very post-Orlando.

Not surprised she has a disability plate, didn't know you can get those for a mental handicap too.
breh
:dead

nudemacusers

« Reply #21805 on: July 14, 2016, 10:26:51 AM »
arab dudes do have some nice DSLs tbh :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

wsippel

« Reply #21806 on: July 14, 2016, 10:30:40 AM »
Only anime I ever got into was Black Lagoon. Haven't put in the effort to find anything like it, though I probably should.

You might want to check out Jormungand, a show about a slightly insane arms dealer traveling the world with her bodyguards. It's not as good and not nearly as well produced, but most people who enjoyed Black Lagoon also seem to enjoy Jormungand. You might also give Psycho-Pass a spin, that show is pretty awesome. Basically, just stay away from dumb shit for young teenagers and you should be able to find a lot to enjoy.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #21807 on: July 14, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »

this is a safe space
rub

agrajag

« Reply #21808 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
all this anime talk  :donot

« Reply #21809 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:52 AM »
Damn, Mr. Robot is off to a good start. One episode in, so maybe it's just Lost syndrome where everything after the pilot was hot garbage, but so far, so good.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21810 on: July 14, 2016, 11:01:20 AM »

6 > 4 > 10 > 5 > 7 > 13 > 3 > 9 > 12 > 8 > 1 > 2
©@©™

helios

« Reply #21811 on: July 14, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »
MGS5 and MGS4 suck.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #21812 on: July 14, 2016, 11:49:19 AM »
Damn, Mr. Robot is off to a good start. One episode in, so maybe it's just Lost syndrome where everything after the pilot was hot garbage, but so far, so good.

Wut. No. No. No. Not Mr. Robot. No. Everything in it has been Hot Fire.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21813 on: July 14, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »

Wut. No. No. No. Not Mr. Robot. No. Everything in it has been Hot Fire.

It kind of lost me halfway through for a sec but it rebounded. IMO the show starts off quite amazing, takes a big risk around the middle, and finishes strong despite me feeling rather conflicted about said risk.

You'll definitely shed manly tears, internally or externally.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #21814 on: July 14, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246317

Probably the most confusing thing that Gaffers are hyped up about. A NES emulator that can't play carts you own? Do these people shit themselves in glee when they see the "50 Genesis games for $24.99!" consoles at Walgreens?

People think this idea is new ?

OH!

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #21815 on: July 14, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
But this time it is  :uguu NINTENDO  :uguu doing it

What is old is new again!

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21816 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:39 PM »

Probably the most confusing thing that Gaffers are hyped up about. A NES emulator that can't play carts you own? Do these people shit themselves in glee when they see the "50 Genesis games for $24.99!" consoles at Walgreens?

If this played carts with HDMI output for that price I'd be seriously hyped. But since I own nearly every game on that list already (no Tecmo Bowl, not into sports games) it's nothing more than a cute novelty for me.
^_^

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21817 on: July 14, 2016, 12:47:35 PM »
Pretty fitting that nintendo would release an old console before a new one. :heh
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #21818 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »
What if that NES thing IS the NX?  :mindblown

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21819 on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

Yeah, haha, look at those idiots.  You'd never see that here and-

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=44329.0

:P

I think the excitement is that this being Nintendo means it might turn out to be a quality product.  Most of those mini consoles are licensed crap with shitty emulation/controllers/etc.  This thing is going to have a good number of good games, Wii remote-compatible NES controllers, and HDMI-out.  That's why I'm interested.
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #21820 on: July 14, 2016, 01:16:20 PM »
So Nintendo is selling its own Chinese knockoff system next ? Cheap but I guess it's free money.
ὕβρις

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #21821 on: July 14, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »

Yeah, haha, look at those idiots.  You'd never see that here and-

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=44329.0

:P

I think the excitement is that this being Nintendo means it might turn out to be a quality product.  Most of those mini consoles are licensed crap with shitty emulation/controllers/etc.  This thing is going to have a good number of good games, Wii remote-compatible NES controllers, and HDMI-out.  That's why I'm interested.

To me someone buying this and enjoying it isn't the goofy part. The goofy part is the "NINTENDO IS BACK BABY!" sentiment, like this is going to make Nintendo skyrocket into the sky with success.

OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21822 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:55 PM »
They already are skyrocketing with success. Just installed this zany app the other day. Pokemon in real life. Crazy idea
fat

Tasty

« Reply #21823 on: July 14, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »
If you want a NES with HDMI that can play carts you can always plunk down $500 on this bad boy:

Tasty

« Reply #21824 on: July 14, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
So Nintendo is selling its own Chinese knockoff system next ? Cheap but I guess it's free money.

Are you forgetting this thing, which had no Wi-Fi or USB ports?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21825 on: July 14, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »
^ Doesnt play Gamecube either - I've actually never seen one of those IRL, not on CraigsList, used shops, anywhere
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21826 on: July 14, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
If you want a NES with HDMI that can play carts you can always plunk down $500 on this bad boy:

(Image removed from quote.)
This thing is only for the Jermey Parishes of the world.

Jansen

« Reply #21827 on: July 14, 2016, 01:37:52 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209915055&postcount=47

Quote from: mp1990
I'm just gonna let this here.
Do people just look for drama?

says the white cis man,

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21828 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:29 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
This thing is only for the Jermey Parishes of the world.

:dead

Tasty

« Reply #21829 on: July 14, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
^ Doesnt play Gamecube either - I've actually never seen one of those IRL, not on CraigsList, used shops, anywhere

They had already gotten rid of that on the standard Wiis by the time the Mini came out.

FStop7

« Reply #21830 on: July 14, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »

says the white cis man,

Arguably more credibility than ever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You should hear what people at Infinity Ward and Respawn said to me about NeoGAF.  And their sentiment is widely shared.
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #21831 on: July 14, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

says the white cis man,

Arguably more credibility than ever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You should hear what people at Infinity Ward and Respawn said to me about NeoGAF.  And their sentiment is widely shared.
[close]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209915010&postcount=45

Fall in line, straight white ciscum  :gurl

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21832 on: July 14, 2016, 02:47:35 PM »
If anyone ever tries to guilt trip me into identitying as a feminist (the nutty kind we see on Tumblr and GAF) I will always tell them that I am, first and foremost, a humanist and that the first dictionary definition of feminism is a natural extension of humanism. So yes, I am a feminist in that regard.

Thankfully, that never happens to me IRL since I don't associate with preachy douche canoes that like to enact witch hunts against people who have differing opinions and stances about things. :doge
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:14:03 PM by Pallando »

agrajag

« Reply #21833 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:47 PM »
If anyone ever tries to guilt trip me into identitying as a Feminist (the nutty kind we see on Tumblr and GAF) I will always tell them that I am, first and foremost, a Humanist and that the first dictionary definition of Feminism is a natural extension of Humanism. So yes, I am a Feminist in that regard.

Thankfully, that never happens to me IRL though since I don't associate with preachy douche canoes that like to enact witch hunts against people who has differing opinions and stances about things. :doge

IRL nobody pesters me "are you a feminist or not bro, come on." I think women should have the same rights of men, but I cannot affiliate with the permatriggered nutjobs on the internet that have hijacked the term. :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #21834 on: July 14, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
If anyone ever tries to guilt trip me into identitying as a feminist (the nutty kind we see on Tumblr and GAF) I will always tell them that I am, first and foremost, a humanist and that the first dictionary definition of feminism is a natural extension of humanism. So yes, I am a feminist in that regard.

Thankfully, that never happens to me IRL though since I don't associate with preachy douche canoes that like to enact witch hunts against people who have differing opinions and stances about things. :doge
please never verbalize the words 'i am a humanist', you'll create a wave of cringe for 100s of feet that will cause children to develop cancer late in life.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #21835 on: July 14, 2016, 03:04:40 PM »
Or do and tip your fedora as you do it. Why not go for thousands of feet?
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21836 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:13 PM »
Secular humanist with a tinge of ironic nihilism, actually. :expert

But yeah. Don't worry. I never really bring up this sort of shit in any of my conversations with friends, family, and coworkers.

No one IRL truly knows how high my autism levels are. :doge

agrajag

« Reply #21837 on: July 14, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
Or do and tip your fedora as you do it. Why not go for thousands of feet?

Before you do that, make sure you don't shave your neck for a couple of weeks for the trifecta, or should I say the tri-force  :expert

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21838 on: July 14, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

Thankfully, that never happens to me IRL though since I don't associate with preachy douche canoes that like to enact witch hunts against people who have differing opinions and stances about things. :doge
Also you'd sound like a giant cigarillo saying that

FStop7

« Reply #21839 on: July 14, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »
When I hear the word humanist I think of Henry VIII and Thomas More burning people at the stake and beheading their own friends, including More himself.