Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 311350 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1020 on: April 18, 2017, 04:09:47 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOjXfNnhxf0#t=10m7s

This is a 20min video remake of "HD towns are hard brehs".
Son of Everything DC & Marvel3 days ago
This video was essentially a big middle finger to all these people saying "star citizen is taking too long and they don't have proper business structure!"
Almachainz3 days ago
THIS is the kind of work that publishers like EA and Activision take for granted and disrespect because all they care about are deadlines and money, not quality.
Beobachtungsposten3 days ago
Now, i see what goes wrong in the company where I work. CIG Good work! Best Working flow i have ever seen for a such big project,

bluemax

« Reply #1021 on: April 18, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Also, I showed that image to another veteran game dev, who isn't overly familiar with Star Citizen and he asked if it was their old schedule and they were rebooting. I told him no, that is the current new schedule.

In other words at first glance the thing looks like a fuck up.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1022 on: April 18, 2017, 09:51:34 PM »
maybe you guys just need to get gud at game development  :smug

you're probably doing outdated things like building inventory usage code before you build the inventory UI completely :lol

sarslip

« Reply #1023 on: April 18, 2017, 10:12:06 PM »
epic sprints bruh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1024 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »
Do you even mo-cap, bro?
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1025 on: April 19, 2017, 03:35:14 PM »

Also, I showed that image to another veteran game dev, who isn't overly familiar with Star Citizen and he asked if it was their old schedule and they were rebooting. I told him no, that is the current new schedule.

Days since start: 1612
~10% are stagnant
>50% haven't even started.
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1026 on: April 19, 2017, 04:53:07 PM »

~10% are stagnant

And $150M

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1027 on: April 19, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »

~10% are stagnant

And $150M
To be fair, if your target is a 10 year project, then you'd be on the right path.
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1030 on: April 22, 2017, 08:15:27 AM »
WTF, isnt that just Hello Kitty

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1031 on: April 22, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »
It's almost literally just Hello Kitty in a spacesuit. :neogaf
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1032 on: April 22, 2017, 12:04:14 PM »
The major change this week in 3.0.0 is the delay of the network bind / unbind, which is now schedule AFTER the 3.0.0 release. Since it's a stetch goal, I think it's safe to say it probably won't be met, and therefore not included in 3.0.0. This has important implications, since it's the component responsible for improving dramatically the FPS by reducing the amount of useless data each client has to process.
Another big change is the volumetric fog, which has been delayed by 25 days. But it's still far from being a problem, since it was scheduled very early.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/66ux3c/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170421/

I should google some the earliest mentions of "new netcode", "item 2.0", "delta patcher", etc... Those things feels like they were peddled for 2 years as just over the corner.
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1033 on: April 22, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
Imagine if you were somebody who plopped down a stack of cash on Star Citizen back in 2012 and now you have to deal with hearing that volumetric fog has been delayed by another month.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1034 on: April 22, 2017, 07:35:51 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/66x6cv/id_like_to_bring_forth_ben_lesnicks_comments_on/

They promised to make the game we all backed for with literally less than HALF the money of what we have currently pledged.

This argument here. This angers me.

I didn't back that shitty old original small scope game. I backed AFTER they started adding all sorts of bad ass shit. I backed for the features that have delayed it for 1-2 years.

The game they promised would be fully backed with 23 million is not the same game they are making now, that should be pretty obvious. Then a basic question remains, why wouldn't they try to make the game larger and better if take can rake it more money, why stop? I'm not following your reasoning at all other than to really safe the development and release something that likely could be much more.

The only thing they promised is to try to make a game.

Welcome to development.

Can't handle it? Leave. So far Star Citizen's development is pretty on-par for the games industry.

I'd like to bring forth (again) the point that Ben has never been a reliable or trustworthy source of information since day one and has openly admitted to lying to us in one of his posts.

I'll also throw back at you something Mr. Roberts said:
Do not believe anything said unless it is on the front page of the website or said by me directly.

:doge
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1035 on: April 23, 2017, 02:20:31 AM »
What we're paying into here is for Chris Roberts to face-fuck the entire triple-Asshole industry with an entirely new level of game production. This is precisely why I bought more than a starter ship. I know there are others out there - heavy rollers - who feel the same.

:salute

Oh look another uneducated soul who sees the word goon in my name and instantly equates it instantly with a bunch of social justice wankers.

:confused
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1036 on: April 23, 2017, 12:36:52 PM »
I'd like to bring forth (again) the point that Ben has never been a reliable or trustworthy source of information since day one and has openly admitted to lying to us in one of his posts.
hey fuck you buddy

benjipwns

« Reply #1037 on: April 23, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
also is that fog thing going to delay the "Gas Cloud" any?

bluemax

« Reply #1038 on: April 24, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1039 on: April 24, 2017, 02:20:42 PM »
Does this game have hookers and blackjack yet?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1040 on: April 25, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »
Even backers are :larry about the "game" as is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/67dzi1/please_dont_recruit_anyone_explanation_inside/

I honestly even have trouble believing the "they're out of money" accusation. If they're out of money why don't they soak the whales for more?

They're selling a ship that doesn't exist yet for $350.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~

bluemax

« Reply #1043 on: April 26, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »

Check out totally not Groot.
NO

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1044 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
I am Hroot?
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #1045 on: April 27, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »
The illegitimate lovechild of Groot and a California Raisin.
WDW

nudemacusers

« Reply #1046 on: April 27, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »
Lol at the schedule on the last page. No interdependency, no critical path. Also lol @ 90% of it starting in April.

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1047 on: April 28, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/685dz4/weekly_newsletter_cr_on_why_making_star_citizen/

Speaking of the sale, I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss why we do things like Concept and Flight Ready Sales as I see occasional discussion about why we are still raising money after collecting almost $150M from crowdfunding.

Simply put; because we want to create the richest most fully realized universe that Gaming has ever seen.

(...)

But because of the continued support, we were not only able to hire the world class team we have in Frankfurt, and then allow them to make rapid progress in developing technology that will deliver Crysis-quality planets, we were also able to make the decision to go all in and deliver fully realized worlds and moons to visit and explore.

(...)

Our goal with Star Citizen is that every location, every star system feels like it exists holistically in a universe with palpable history. We can’t rely on magic formulas to do this; we want human hands guiding the creation.

(...)

Most 1stperson engines support a 128km2 patch of detailed landscape at most. We are aiming to deliver multiple star systems, populated with whole worlds and moons you can circumnavigate, all with living ecosystems and AI populations. The scale and detail we are going for is mind boggling.

(...)

But if you like our ambition and want to support further, if you think it is a worthy cause, if you want to make sure that all the features we are working on are given the time to be built right, then contribute how you feel comfortable.

And now please step forward for your Kool-Aid !
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:23:04 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:16:30 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1049 on: April 30, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
Sometimes a door is just a door
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1050 on: April 30, 2017, 06:35:31 PM »
I love the people insisting that this was done on the cheap and was not a total waste of investor cash

edit: Hahahah I said "Investor"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:49:11 PM by Sho Nuff »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1051 on: April 30, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
Honestly, this is probably less of a waste of money [or a waste of less money] than any number of things that CIG has done over the past 5 years.
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #1052 on: April 30, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
i wonder how many ship jpgs it takes to fund doors
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1053 on: April 30, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »
About a handful, disturbingly.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1054 on: April 30, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C95967WXoAErDkc.jpg

Check out totally not Groot.

It's not Groot because you can literally face-fuck it. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1057 on: May 01, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68nysu/look_whos_one_of_our_30_mission_givers_sandi/

Why use your lawyer as an actor in arguably the most pivotal, important patch for the game thus far?
Months spent at The Imaginarium with experienced professional actors and at this crucial juncture they fall back on a guy from legal as one of two mission givers demonstrating their tech and the immersive universe being built?

(...)

If that's the case then why the break from performance capture on every other character in SQ42 and SC including the other 3.0 mission provider, Miles Eckhart?
A rigged performance capture character with cleanup done by animators looks quite different from a character animated entirely by hand. Surely they have their character performance pipeline established at this point, two months from 3.0 release and SQ42 imminent.

probably for fun. I also assume his work cost less than an actor

Miles was a basically a show put up to give us a proof of concept. That aside, to answer your question: They break away from performance capture because they simply are not going to be able to performance capture everything that is requried to be animated further down the line.

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1058 on: May 03, 2017, 04:49:26 AM »
Chris Roberts Speaks at GamesBeat Summit 2017 [@3:26:43]

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68x936/chris_roberts_speaks_at_gamesbeat_summit_2017/

CEO of Roberts Space Industry? Don't they mean Cloud Imperium Games?

There are a bunch of companies and each one is under a different umbrella depending on the country. Or something. Just typical corporate legal tax loophole things. Basically every company does it.

Sure but I thought RSI was a fake one for in-game use?

eh... who knows... there was a CPA that looked at the tax filing from Foundry 42 and he found they were doing the things any real corporation would be doing. I can't remember if RSI is part of that or not since that's on the US side and we never got to see those tax filings.

It's not really a big deal.
I dunno, they call themselves CIG but the website is RSI and their buildings seem to have both RSI and CIG logos all over them, and when they send emails they're either from CIG or RSI depending on what they're about so I have no clue at all really.

Common mistake, what with the website being called RSI and all

It's not much of a mistake as the main company is named Roberts Space Industries International Limited

Interesting. Is CIG inside of that or the other way around? Or are they equal? At the bottom of the website it lists them both seemingly equally:

"Cloud Imperium Games Corporation & Roberts Space Industries Corp. & Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd. & Roberts Space Industries International Ltd."

Much transparency. Such open.  :money :putin
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1059 on: May 03, 2017, 10:10:47 AM »
Need Kara to weigh in on whether this is a typical corporate tax loophole that basically ever company does, or whether this is immersion breaking.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1060 on: May 04, 2017, 07:40:10 AM »
Sour backers on the latest referral program which seems to heavily reward youtubers and recent backers. Also worries that the game is being pushed so hard in its state and without even the barest content to ease new players (they had a tutorial for the single player dogfight module but it was broken and deleted months ago with no replacement).

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6923ug/bens_answer_regarding_your_referal_program/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1061 on: May 06, 2017, 02:42:56 AM »
Delays *shock*

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/69hql0/schedule_report_updated_estimated_30_release_now/

:o

I like that the last thing on the Beyond 3.0.0 schedule is "Drowning": http://i.imgur.com/Y1LnwwR.png. Are you trying to tell us something, CIG? =P
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1062 on: May 08, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »

ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1064 on: May 09, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »
Amazing. His hot takes on Derek Smart are fiyah.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1065 on: May 10, 2017, 03:16:46 AM »
the FPS part in that video doesn't actually look as bad as i expected or like it did last time i saw it where it was just like a flat metal garage with no animations or anything working right in terms of shooting/physics/etc.

i thought he fell out of the ship but it was an actual area that's supposed to be a zero g shortcut though he doesn't get in a fight out there unfortunately

also like he notes, only part of the game that looks like an actual part of a game rather than beta forever

when he's trying to set the resolution it's changing the value of the contrast/etc. settings in the background as he clicks :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2017, 05:23:42 AM »
So at which point exactly will people finally accept that this is essentially an elaborate scam?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1069 on: May 11, 2017, 09:51:44 AM »
So at which point exactly will people finally accept that this is essentially an elaborate scam?

A couple more years still, at least. Unless CIG closes or Roberts is caught with a suitcase full of cash while he boards for a country with no extradition treaty to the US. Even then I'm sure you'd still find believers.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1071 on: May 11, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »

A couple more years still, at least. Unless CIG closes or Roberts is caught with a suitcase full of cash while he boards for a country with no extradition treaty to the US. Even then I'm sure you'd still find believers.

He's just going to do some more mo-cap in Ukraine, nothing to see here.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1072 on: May 12, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
Talked to a former CIG producer last night (she left because apparently the pay sucks), "If they stick to the schedule we made before I left the game will be great... in three years."

She also said Chris is a perfectionist and makes people re-do stuff a lot "because he cares" and the feature creep and pivoting is more the fault of other people. She was one of the first ex-CIG employees I've spoken with who still had positive things to say about the work environment and the people.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1074 on: May 13, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »
Oh my sweet summer child. 3.0 is not going to silence the critics, 3.0 as it gets delayed and trimmed back is going to be gasoline on the flame. It will release and really not be that big of a deal, because the key features that were going to make it so impactful have been pruned and delayed. It will be a few more bones on the skeleton of a game that is SC Alpha 2.6. But what was promised for 3.0 was flesh on the bones, and that is now simply not going to be true, lobbies will still be limited, the world will still be just one planet and a few moons. This would not be an issue if this was just 2.7, but it's not just 2.7 its 3.0 and 3.0 has been the subject of hype both from the community and the developers for nearly a year now. "3.0 is the patch that is going to prove all the critics wrong!" And its going to be nothing much really, a few more ships, a couple moons and a rudimentary missions and trade system. 3.0 is the patch everyone has been telling everyone to hold out for, 3.0 is the patch that's going to change things. And 3.0 is going to be just another alpha iteration. The letdown is going to be crushing for all the people who only sort of pay attention to the game, and if history is any guide, 3.0 is going to be conveniently delayed until Citcon or some other media/hype related date and, the nothing will be rolled out with great fanfare, silence on the status of SQ42 and of course, a sale! A sale for another big ship, probably its will go on sale slightly before the announcement that Sq42 will not be out in 2017 either and a sheepish deflection of the reality that the actual major content feature of 3.0, the Crusader system, with multiple planets and enough space to get truly lost in won't be coming in 2017 either.

3.0 is not going to silence the critics, it's going to silence even more long suffering defenders of this game who will no longer in good conscience be able to recommend that people buy in. 3.0 is not going to be the beginning of the game, or the beginning end, it's going to be yet another mile marker in development terms and the monotony with which it passes is going be the cue for both another round of media criticism and perhaps the biggest community shitstorm yet. The pot of community patience is beginning to boil over, everyone knows it, and when it's made clear that yet again the hype is hollow and there is no substance people are going to be intensely disappointed.

:whew
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1075 on: May 13, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »
They don't know how to make it, obviously. But they never set to make it, only to try and make it. CR, in one of his latest letters, said how they were "holding their end of the bargain for all this time". They have already competed their contract with the backers.
I think that backers that feel unsatisfied with the progress need to come to terms that they haven't bought a game with a set number of features. They gave money to Chris Roberts to start his own company, which happens to be making a game with some of the mentioned features.

Well yeah, people don't realize that they funded a company to TRY and make a game. They didn't buy a product. If CIG doesn't deliver they just have to release documents to show that the money is gone. The only thing that they are obligated to do is keep working on a game until they no longer can, which is exactly what they've been doing. I think that the difference between working on something and completing something is monumental.

So I guess this is the post hoc rationale if push really comes to shove in the end.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1076 on: May 14, 2017, 05:00:41 AM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:29:23 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1078 on: May 14, 2017, 07:37:54 AM »
Edit: With CIGs response to this thread. I'd like an apology from all the rude redditors who impugned the intelligence and expertise of my friend who correctly evaluated many of the problems with the code. CIG says that the things he pointed out are indeed errors and even "hacks" in the demo build of the code they showed.
Ah, the ever faithful.

Logical Fallacy detected: Appeal to Authority

http://i.imgur.com/EPqab0p.jpg
:lol
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:48:47 AM by Rufus »

nudemacusers

« Reply #1079 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:53 AM »
That moment when they charge you $5 to upgrade your ship jpg :rash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽