Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 311754 times)

wsippel

Re: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE
« Reply #1200 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
Not super cohesive. Love the landing at 1'20"  :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/6orld6/star_citizen_alpha_30_trailer/

Looks even more funny in the current public build, because there's no suspension. The reason landings are so rough is because most people use digital strafing, so ships smash into the ground with 100% thrust. It's a lot smoother if you have strafing controls hooked up to an analog stick.

And I don't think this is an official trailer. It's just random footage from other trailers and snippets from AtV spliced together. This is the most recent offical trailer:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:35:02 AM by wsippel »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1201 on: July 24, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
Stop using pre-2016 quotes from Chris Roberts :brazilcry

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6p8v6h/stop_to_quote_things_said_by_cr_before_2016_the/

Not only that, but the [RSI] website is run by another company... one who is evidently spending far more time working on stuff like Spectrum (that's the same folks, right?) and less on updating an old website to ensure all the information (especially in the archives) remains factually correct.

Strangely, the "managed by a third party" site never miss a beat for a ship sale. :doge

I completely understand, this is the game a lot of have been waiting for our entire lives. But I want to play this game FOR the rest of my life, so I will wait.

But in 1943 Hitler said Germany would win the war. So it must be true today also.

:what :donot

ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1202 on: July 25, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
 https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pfqkx/comment/dkp3ee2

Comparing SC to other games will lead to oddball results any day of the week. Just about everything they're working on with SC is bigger and better than other games in the past.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1203 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:43 PM »
Busy day on reddit :

CIG's Statement on 5-10 systems at launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pplee/cigs_statement_on_510_systems_at_launch/

Hey guys! This is a case of things being lost in translation; Chris was asked a specific question about how many systems we expect to have online at the point that we've got most of the core mechanics completed and we would consider the gameplay experience suitable for a larger audience. There are no changes with regards to the planned amount of systems which are well documented on the current Star Map.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pp9qs/mining_in_31_according_to_gamestar_magazine_31/

A large article appeared in the German GameStar Magazine last week stating the following:
"Future Content is already been worked on: Update 3.1 brings the first Version of Mining" (Translated from original Text in German: "Auch zukünftige Inhalte sind bereits in Arbeit: In Update 3.1 wird die erste Version des Minings eingeführt")
At a different point it says:
"After 3.0 CIG hopes to release another update still this year, which will bring the Mining Profession". (Original Text: "Nach Update 3.0 hofft CIG noch in diesem Jahr ein weiteres Update zu veröffentlichen, das den Mining-Beruf bringt.")
Source: GameStar 08/2017

3.1 is a much smaller patch than 3.0 and many of the resources that were on 3.0 have since finished their tasks for that patch.
As such I expect 3.1 is already being worked on by some members of the overall team intended to touch various aspects of it.

Every single time. You'll have a guy coming in and saying that patches are developed concurrently and the next one will come super fast even though it has never been the case at any point of this production.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pqmbh/psa_voyager_direct_system_reworkedto_melt_but/

The Voyager Direct store has been a point of contention for... 2 years ? IIRC. I mentioned it before : basically dudes boughts items on it that they can't refund or exchange, even if said items have been "refactored" and became obsolete.
They'll fix it. When the game launch. :ohyou

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pmjnj/did_cig_subtly_show_us_that_weather_is_in_the/

Did CIG subtly show us that weather is in the game and ready to go?

There's no helping those people. :picard
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1204 on: July 26, 2017, 09:52:13 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1205 on: July 26, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Hours of full motion video filmed on real sets with 35mm film. :whew :lawd
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #1206 on: July 26, 2017, 10:32:48 PM »
Found an even better image when I looked inside one of the issues in the archive:

benjipwns

« Reply #1207 on: July 26, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »
Hours of full motion video filmed on real sets with 35mm film. :whew :lawd
Arguably the best part is how bad the $30 million film looks in comparison. It even has a worse cast than III and IV!

edit: I think it's IV where you can tell the actors are over the whole "slummin it in video games, is this my career now" thing and are having fun trying to overact each other. One I really remember from that era, Walter Koening is in FMV segments for the Starfleet Academy game and you can tell he hates it, but then there's some other totally low rent garbage sci-fi FMV game that came out just a couple years later where he's just going nuts and having fun as the villain.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:02:36 PM by benjipwns »

bluemax

« Reply #1208 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »
Found an even better image when I looked inside one of the issues in the archive:
(Image removed from quote.)

Dang, he did try to warn us.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1209 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
This issue has a feature on space combat sims that features an interview with both Roberts and... DEREK SMART

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Duke Nuke Em
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1210 on: July 29, 2017, 03:21:05 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q7zih/new_schedule_update/

A few more week of delays. Dates are starting to slip even after Gamescom...

With regards to schedules :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q8qfb/why_isnt_there_a_production_scheduletimeline_for/

Edit : they delayed the release by over 2 months since mid-april :lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 05:55:32 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1211 on: July 29, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »
Railgun and Volumetric Fog Eta was passed nearly 2 months ago and were still not updated...

But hey, it's only 3 weeks since I first posted it and I tweeted it to disco and zyloh last week, looks like it's not important to update these

Sorry benji.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1212 on: July 29, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
Don't miss Verse Con in Austin

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6q7hsx/versecon_2017_austin_tx_october_2728th_frisat/

I'm sad that this is 21+. I was hoping I could bring my kids to watch the stream and meet some other space geeks.
Not sure how well kids would work in that kind of environment as it's basically going to evolve into drunken space degeneracy over the course of of night
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1213 on: July 30, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qe63x/will_leverett_speaking_of_dates/

Quote from: Guy from CIG
But the date ranges have been - and always will be - estimates. They're well-informed, educated, experience-based estimates, but at the end of the day, they are still estimates. (...) The dates keep us accountable, too! Gives us a nice goal to work towards, and we all work better when we're trying to hit a target.

Well it's not working then.

and yet, they keep pushing forward with tech that other companies already want to buy. Multi-Billion Dollar companies like Intel have partnered with CIG and have had staff on Intel Developers Forum, as well as financing their events like Gamescom, on top of dumping prototype (at the time) SSDs for use in their machines.

Pretending CIG can't do it because of some delays is extremely uneducated thinking, but I expect nothing less from the likes of you.

the consistent waves of ship sales

What do you suggest they do? Have the people who work on ships do nothing until other systems are ready to go?

I fuckin hate them having to explain themselves like this. Like yeah fam it's disappointing and of course delays are annoying. But a lot of people are slagging the devs off for working hard and calling management incompetent when they have no idea of the process at all.

It's not healthy criticism, it's just getting annoyed that a date they shouldn't even have to show us is getting pushed back.

This heresy fam.

Regardless of opinion right now. If CIG pull this game off as hoped, these delays won't matter. Even if it is years from now. The gaming world needs CIG like electric cars need Tesla. Who else will voluntarily spend millions on r&d and every penny on one project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qck71/the_unfortunate_side_effect_of_the_uncessary_8/

What are you trying to acvhieve with being "pissed off" though? What do you want CIG to do now? Admit the project is a scam and 400 people working in 4 different studios are all fake?

That thread is bullshit. The project keeps going forward, 3.0 keeps getting closer. They work as hard as they can to deliver BDSSE. Nothing has changed. So what's the point of this behavior?

A release date includes estimates for how long unexpected delays will take, as well as an additional bit of buffer time just in case. Release dates are meant to be accurate representations of when you can expect it to be released, as you would imagine.

However an internal schedule intentionally ignores any buffer time and any potential delays. It's strictly to keep everyone on task, and to see how much known work still has to be done. It doesn't bother taking into account how much time it will likely take to fix unforeseen bugs and delays, that's not its purpose.

I shouldn't have used the word estimate, they aren't estimates, there internal development goals. And, at the top of that page where it says caveats, it states that they are 'very aggressive' goals. Meaning that they are unlikely to be met.

I'm fixing the word estimate, I misused it, and it's being clung to too tightly.

So it really is a motivational poster ?
Also the semantic drifting continues : "Estimates are not promises guys ! And an internal schedule is not an estimate !"

My personal view is that being impatient/frustrated with schedule slips doesn't achieve anything for me. The only utility of a large outcry about this is to push the team harder if they've been slacking, but it should be abundantly clear that CIG have been working their butts off to get 3.0 to us. They want it in our hands as much as we do.

I see it as having a mix of causes: first exposure to the realities of game development, a culture of instant gratification & short attention spans, and general cynicism.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1214 on: July 30, 2017, 05:07:48 AM »
Twitch and reddit drama around a SC streamer :

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6qf32y/wtfosaurus_i_gave_up_my_entire_life_for_a_buggy/

Where ardent backers admit there's not much to stream now or in the foreseeable future.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1215 on: August 05, 2017, 01:14:31 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6rp8gv/30_production_schedule_report_4th_aug_2017/

Apparently some "minor" footnotes were added to the schedule...

Player Count & General Stability
Currently, performance and stability drop sharply once the active players in a server reach 12-15 players.

Rotating and Orbiting Planets
We are very keen to make the Stanton map feel more organic as a real environment and having the planets rotate and orbit will really help with this. This will also introduce a proper day/night cycle when you’re on a planet surface which in turn opens up further gameplay possibilities.

Player Interaction System – User Experience Improvements
We’re want to give players the ability to more intuitively interact with items and objects within the game, but also find ways to indicate to the player what type of interaction they would be performing (pick up, start conversation, push button, etc).

From massivelyop.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1216 on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:36 PM »
Videogame Industry About to be Recycled - Your Only Chance to Escape is to Crowdfund With Us.

ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1218 on: August 07, 2017, 11:43:29 PM »
A guy I know just announced on FB (and there were announcements on LinkedIn) that he is joining CIG in Santa Monica.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1220 on: August 09, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »
A guy I know just announced on FB (and there were announcements on LinkedIn) that he is joining CIG in Santa Monica.

Sounds like a plea for help.
rub

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1221 on: August 10, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1222 on: August 12, 2017, 02:20:36 AM »
We’ve decided to remove the ‘aim dates’ for our releases

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6t6mdb/30_production_schedule_report_updated_11th_august/

I don't understand schedule development either.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #1223 on: August 12, 2017, 04:44:04 AM »
This production schedule page is the best thing ever.

They're going to crank out assassination missions in two weeks in September. But no save game feature until December.

Gas Cloud is missing completely from the schedule, I knew it was too much for human minds to handle. They never figured out if it was just one or not.

But don't worry, not only is knife melee getting nearly a whole month, but they have a Wednesday in August where someone is going to bang out a whole criminality system.

edit: wait, on the big schedule they're giving a whole month to assassination missions

benjipwns

« Reply #1224 on: August 12, 2017, 04:46:32 AM »
They aren't planning on finishing the ship damage model until after they finish the ship breaking model. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #1225 on: August 12, 2017, 05:07:08 AM »
Why do I keep getting rejected for project manager positions when project management this bad exists in the real world?
So you're saying you don't have any experience with bad project management. That's not what we're looking for in this position, sorry.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1226 on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:14 PM »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1227 on: August 12, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »
My toilet was blocked so I couldn't get rid of my money that way :/

:lol
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #1228 on: August 12, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »

Sounds like a plea for help.

I talked about it with another friend and she said she was upset he took the job because she warned him not to. Since I started regularly going to the local game dev drinking thing I've met more former CIG employees than current ones.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1229 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:15 AM »
I say look at it this way; raising a kid takes 18 years of development minimum, and they usually turn out like shit anyway. Some of them grow up with giant dreams requiring giant money, and sometimes that requires dumb kids like us to throw away some of ours. These weekly dev videos are so damn cool on their own. We're going to appreciate this journey long after we've reached destination 3.0.

Nefarious publishers are killing projects in conception to harvest their assets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tcs9j/comment/dljw59r

So, the dates which were always wrong by two weeks, every two weeks were infact their best projections, not the strict internal dates to whip them work faster? Not that either way could reasonaly explain being wrong for months.
"Strict internal dates" is something you completely fabricated to attempt to give your trolling credibility. No dates are strict and CIG have said that since 2013. One thing they have always said is "its done when its done". They only gave dates to attempt to quell the whining. We've switched from dates to no-dates and back again 4 times now.

Anyway, "Aggressive internal dates" =/= "Strict internal dates". Try again.

Star Citizen is a mystical experience where words and time are meaningless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tcs9j/comment/dljv7g3

Gaffer cabbagehead going to town on game developer having doubts on the management

You never worked on a big project before. That's clear.

I think it's also clear that you don't know much about this project to have this opinion. Given what's on display.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tcs9j/comment/dljpijn
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1230 on: August 13, 2017, 06:24:41 AM »
I remember Erin saying we'd have 2 or 3 big releases this year, which was viewed as being much more realistic than Chris' 3.0 - 4.0

Doesn't look like that'll happen either.
Maybe he meant press releases :S

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6t6mdb/comment/dliir2r
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1231 on: August 13, 2017, 10:18:27 AM »
lol some of those posts... apparently chris gave out unrealistic dates to encourage coders to move faster.... yes, cuz that's how project management works on a multimillion dollar level  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1232 on: August 13, 2017, 06:12:31 PM »
lol some of those posts... apparently chris gave out unrealistic dates to encourage coders to move faster.... yes, cuz that's how project management works on a multimillion dollar level  :lol

Think how much longer delayed it would be without that :rollsafe
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #1233 on: August 14, 2017, 12:58:29 AM »

I worked on a game for Activision once where they told us our drop dead date was a certain date, so we crunched and crunched and then at like 3 am that day we found out we had a few more weeks.

That was when I lost what little was left of my innocence about the industry.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #1234 on: August 14, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
that stuff in the Shenmue thread I posted about how Yu Suzuki has more relevant game development experience than Roberts reminded me

the last game Roberts was actively involved in direct development of, had a total staff of 30 people including ALL the programmers, artists, sound people, etc.

everyone else involved in Wing Commander IV were the people doing the filming side which was basically handled by non game industry people and then handed over to the developers after it was shot

EVEN Freelancer which he had no role in other than "game concept" still had a core team of less than 50 before Microsoft bought the company and threw men at getting the game out

he's trying to skip 20 years of game development "advances" in staff and management sizes and still trying to create the most complex game in the industry

bluemax

« Reply #1236 on: August 14, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »
that stuff in the Shenmue thread I posted about how Yu Suzuki has more relevant game development experience than Roberts reminded me

the last game Roberts was actively involved in direct development of, had a total staff of 30 people including ALL the programmers, artists, sound people, etc.

everyone else involved in Wing Commander IV were the people doing the filming side which was basically handled by non game industry people and then handed over to the developers after it was shot

EVEN Freelancer which he had no role in other than "game concept" still had a core team of less than 50 before Microsoft bought the company and threw men at getting the game out

he's trying to skip 20 years of game development "advances" in staff and management sizes and still trying to create the most complex game in the industry

It is essentially like if Blizzard had gone from Warcraft 2 to World of Warcraft and skipped everything they learned while launching Battle.net, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo, and Diablo 2.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1237 on: August 15, 2017, 01:12:11 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tl88b/whats_the_daydream_that_keeps_you_here/

:(

I am part of the elite stealth squadron in my org we have a urgent request section in our discord and i cannot wait for the day we are called upon.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1238 on: August 15, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
I've been here a long time, you could even say the beginning. I'm certainly not the first to pledge, i can't claim that, but my number runs sub 4500 out of 1.8 million or whatever it is now. For me, Star Citizen is the daydream. I know there are a lot of jaded people out there now, angry at delays and perceived dishonesty of some sort or another; however, it's important not to lose sight of the big picture, of what SC represents to PC gaming and PC gaming veterans in particular. Indeed, CIG could have just been another EA, pushing out badly-ported console dresh appealing to lowest common denominator gamers (I'm looking at you, every Battlefield game after #2), or another Ubisoft, releasing rehashed crap nobody even asked for (Assassins creed 567: Cromagnon armageddon! anyone?), or worse still, ruining beloved titles by turning them into weeaboo chinese cartoon versions, like Deus ex 2: Boss fight boogaloo (thanks, square enix...), and dare i say it, dumbed down versions of hilariously dark and intelligent games like the Fallout series (I mean, C'mon Bethsoft, you can do better). Sure, you would have maybe had your game sooner (Fallout 4 was 6-8 years in dev. and doesnt even scratch the surface of what Chris Robers is attempting), but at what cost?

No, CIG is making something that we have not seen since the golden age of gaming, since games like Half-Life, Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate: 2, X-Wing, the original Deus Ex... Games which captured imaginations and defined genres.

For me, Star Citizen is an investment in the dream. To see everything I've ever wanted in a PC game in one title and a big fuck you to mainstream devs who think they can push unfinished, recycled, low-effort crap on seasoned gamers and expect them to like it.

I'm getting older now, and SC will likely be the last PC game i ever play, but i'm ok with it taking a while, because i know it's going to be the best one.

:dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1240 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Why is there air blowing out of his armpit. Why does he look like he just came. at the end.

So many questions.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1241 on: August 16, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »
Why is there air blowing out of his armpit. Why does he look like he just came. at the end.

The air effect is from the EVA suit characters must wear in space, but the game only tests for that when you activate the airlock separating the indoor and outdoor. If you clip through it (or a ship), the game will just assume you have a suit.

Was browsing Reddit and found this : you may remember CIG held a contest of who could get the most referrals (around the time they had the FakeHelloKitty mascot that was never seen again)...

Did nothing happen with that referral thing? Who won the trip to gamescom nobody? (Serious question)
No, nothing, no announcement. And don't bring it up on spectrum either. Mods will chew your ass if you say anything about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tqcud/comment/dlo3asw

Dunno if true but can't seem to find any public results.
ὕβρις

Coax

« Reply #1243 on: August 17, 2017, 11:59:59 PM »
This post by an SC backer from a Playerunknown's Battlegrounds thread is too good not to include here. Props to FStop7.

It's cute that you think the performance will get better and not stay the same.

These type of popular early access steam games never leave alpha or beta. It will become a bloated mess until it dies just like all the others that have failed to fill the void. It's a trend at this point and people keep falling for it.

It will never be in a finished state, why would it be? it's making them money hand over fist.

Meanwhile posting in the SC thread:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lots of perspective/context is always being lost. When folks jump in here or other SC related threads or topics and they don't know or care to know the beginnings -whys, whens, wheres- of the project. Still they want to lecture and sprout absolutes the time it's taking to make the game.

If they had to show progress to backers, backers would have bailed out long ago.

Uh? why are you shit posting?

All internal schedule are going to be iffy with new tech or tackling new endeavors, hence why they use estimations to map out the possible outcome. Eitherway the use of an estimate isn't a hard science.

Giving a conservative ( or even pessimist ) release forecasts, that's managing people expectation. It's being willing to share a.. less attractive date as what is the more reasonable level of expectation people should have.

Ugh, you really don't understand and i can't remember enough in detail to ramble and debunk. They aren't handcuffed by the limitations of a deadline or a release date and that's the point.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:07:42 AM by Coax »

benjipwns

« Reply #1244 on: August 18, 2017, 12:24:06 AM »
How are 7 million people allowed to be scammed by money grubbing knockoffs of games that aren't even fun? Shit seriously looks like a Chinese rip.

Like, loot creates in an early access game? Come on now. Someone needs to call the FCC or something because this is getting ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh wait didn't Bluehole get bought by Tencent?

:thinking:
:lawd

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1245 on: August 18, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »

I want to believe Cabbagehead is a paid shill but he's probably for real.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2017, 03:32:18 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ufmtf/discussion_about_jobs_how_exactly_will_skilling/

There are no arbitrary skill leveling in SC. It will be strictly player skill. The only thing you can 'earn' will be the reputation with different factions (e.g. UEE, guilds, pirates, etc...)

And players, they plan on adding ingame elections and politics after release
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1247 on: August 18, 2017, 08:05:59 PM »
Jobs, politics, physics based toilet mechanics... what won't this game do.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #1248 on: August 18, 2017, 10:18:04 PM »
Jobs, politics, physics based toilet mechanics... what won't this game do.
Simulate space combat.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1249 on: August 19, 2017, 03:12:19 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ulcfm/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170818/

This week, all UI tasks are delayed by 2 additionnal weeks.

note the explanation for this:
During recent gameplay reviews with the directors, additional items of polish and general feature feedback have been received and incorporated into the schedule to achieve the desired level of polish we require before releasing.
the word "polish" is used 33 times in the whole document. I think people who project out to 2018 for this release are overshooting. the game is a buggy mess, but half the reason they keep delaying it seems to be add more features because they have high standards and want to impress everyone out of the gate

:neogaf

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6unav3/comment/dlu1z83

There is nothing untoward so far about CIG's development process, except for perhaps Chris spouting estimates that would make more sense two-three decades ago.

A common advice among backers is to take a sabbatical from following the game, because obviously any exasperation cannot be healthy and CIG's fault. It's been hilarious reading on Reddit messages like "I'm back after 2 years and there's barely been any progress" lately.

Alas next concept ship is 400$
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1252 on: August 24, 2017, 02:32:32 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/gamescom_event_megathread/

But yes, most people agree that the atmospheric flight model is too "floaty" and don't like it. Brian Chambers said this is definitely only a first pass.

Summary for people who haven't been watching

They can only play for 10 minutes at a time because they're on the same server as the public. QT and MobiGlas is turned off from the build, Daymar only, 12 players in an instance, and it looks like combat damage is off too - maybe to stop griefing? We also haven't seen any cargo or missions. It's still a bit unstable, missing atmospheric effects and crashing on stream a few times.

They're mostly showing off new armour and weapons, the Nox and Ursa, and some of the new ships like the Cutlass, Prospector and redone Aurora in between showing ads for those. Have visited a small spaceport that contains ships, a small outpost, a plant alien, a crashed Caterpillar and a sort of mothyard so far. Flown out of the atmosphere and to the dark side.

EDIT: Atmospheric flight model - https://clips.twitch.tv/BlatantExpensiveCroissantNotLikeThis

Still have the public event tomorrow.
ὕβρις

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1253 on: August 24, 2017, 02:57:05 AM »
How's the gamescom booth going over?

benjipwns

« Reply #1254 on: August 24, 2017, 04:37:06 AM »
um, i'm not exactly an expert or anything as the bore well knows but...why would you ever have a closed events demo sessions held on the same server you use for the general public? especially if the demo is a "walled off" section of your game in the first place?

actually, that raises so many questions in general, when nowdays so many popular games (pubg, dota, overwatch, team fortress 2, siege, PRIMAL CARNAGE, even CoD, etc.) easily have a public test server fork you can participate in which is separate from a private invite test server many games also or alternatively offer by invite and all of that is completely separate from the internal test server which is separate from the work server

they wouldn't compile a server to run literally just for those 20 some users and sit in the corner? i mean when SEGA did their big demonstration for online play back in 2000 they setup a glorified WAN rather than have the Dreamcasts all dial up and connect to the actual backbone because that's a fucking stupid idea (even though it's still kinda mindblowing to me how well many of those games worked on 56k, especially compared to how poorly the rest of the gen handled broadband)

even if they were streaming it...they can't need the actual public server can they? maybe i should read the schedule again, this might not be on the plan for six more months ("setup a second server, time, three weeks, 15 people")

It's still a bit unstable, missing atmospheric effects
that's what you get for taking that six month chunk of dev time for GAS CLOUD out of the schedule CIG, IMMERSION DESTROYED

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1255 on: August 24, 2017, 06:48:33 AM »
How's the gamescom booth going over?

See reddit thread, I guess. AFAIK they have a closed map where you can fly in space and go on the surface. They have to reset the demo every 15mn for some reason. There's a couple of outposts and a decrepit ship on the surface but not much to do with it. Not much gameplay besides, not even the shoot bang bang kind. Quite a few bugs too (clipping, the character tposing on the hoverbike...). If that's all they have playable to the public (they have streamers for those events), it's pretty meh.

They'll have more at the public event I suppose but non playable demos are not worth much considering they had one last year of still non existing stuff.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1256 on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:57 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vqvpq/cr_interview_live_summary/

NOT showing Sq42 at gamescom, BUT work is coming along nicely according to Chris. "The wait will be worth it"

CR is very exited for planet tech, but admits it has made development take longer. Says its worth it though

Again confirming no SQ42 showing at GC

They want animations and AI to look and move as if it was a prerendered cinematic. 1 of the things holding SQ42 back. They basicly want movie quality

"Final assets" need work for sq42

Their AI is also very challenging to do. Very complex behaviour

All AI and missions in SQ42 and 3.0 are all running in subsumption. Good sign IMO

"Don't want to spoil the demo for friday, but it's pretty cool"

"The time we stop adding stuff and making the game better, is the point where the game dies as an online game" Although he still wants to get to a point where they add onto something, and not building the base for it
:crowdlaff
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #1257 on: August 24, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »
That cabbage dude running crazy defense on both Reddit and neogaf  :kobeyuck
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1258 on: August 25, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »
He is unhinged.

Also MOVIE QUALITY AI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vfoud/comment/dm2sq0q

I was just talking to someone in Spectrum chat about the possibility of catching someone in freefall
They tried that earlier but he just clipped through the ship.

https://m.imgur.com/qGKPKhi
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #1259 on: August 25, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
Lol all I can say is if that crowbcat dude does a video on this presentation the salt will be historic
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽