Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306965 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Ever wondered what 87 million dollars in crowd-funding looked like?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 01:27:04 AM »
I think it's a fair point to say that the game has not been in the oven that long at this point and that due to the nature of its funding, it has been made public at a much earlier stage of production than most other games. However I don't think it mitigates the fact that the design seems all over the place and that Roberts have issues keeping his own schedule. And while it's true that some games had equally protacted production, the reverse is also true with the new Elite having been already released (and apparently with production starting later or at the same point roughly).

The game will be launched in 2016 at the very earliest, right ? Beyond that will start to feel like a long time, even to some backers, I think... I don't think a protacted dev cycle is ever a desirable thing, especially for a small outfit. I would believe they are more frequent at big publishers because of company "politics".

They could hit 100m though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:03:14 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:12 AM »
I need to make a kickstarter for a black conservative RPG or card game. I don't have any game development experience or skills but my stretch goals can be to promise to bring chrono, Steve Contra, or Treesong on board (regardless of whether they agree or not). This is a great racket.
:whoo

Tasty

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2015, 11:48:09 AM »
I need to make a kickstarter for a black conservative RPG or card game. I don't have any game development experience or skills but my stretch goals can be to promise to bring chrono, Steve Contra, or Treesong on board (regardless of whether they agree or not). This is a great racket.

"black conservative"

If anything you'll pull in negative dollars from KS.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
Andrex is right, that's more suitable for GoFundMe.
dog

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
Call you game "Quotas" :lawd
vin

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
"Hebrew Translation by Famed Linguist Karakand" stretch goal :lawd

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »
"Ennui by Famed Ennui Enthusiast Karakand" stretch goal :lawd
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »

Nothing but respect and admiration for the deep understanding this team has for their market  :jawalrus

You's an asswipe  :lol

Tasty

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »

Nothing but respect and admiration for the deep understanding this team has for their market  :jawalrus

You's an asswipe  :lol

Butt Seriously

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2015, 09:58:17 PM »
And while it's true that some games had equally protacted production, the reverse is also true with the new Elite having been already released (and apparently with production starting later or at the same point roughly).

I wouldn't call Elite a finished experience though. Is fun initially when everything seems out of reach, though that's all just a thinly veiled ruse until you discover the broken economy. Was excited about the recent powerplay update, surprisingly managed to emphasize the bad gameplay and shallow design even more.

Basically game feels like a copy of the original, though manages to have less emergent gameplay than the original. There's no actual reward for exploration, there are no aliens, there are no interesting easter eggs, just cold, bland, randomly generated space.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:02:19 PM by Butt Seriously »
◕‿◕

bluemax

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 10:15:18 PM »
By relative standards 3 years and 87 million is not an egregious budget or timeline for a project like this at all.

Development started in 2011, which means we are approaching year five with very little to show for it aside from an abundance of nifty trailers and a couple bare-bones tech demos.  Their are people who are more familiar with game development who can probably comment on whether that's a typical time frame or not.

In my experience in the industry anything that takes more than 4 years to finish has hit a shit ton of problems.

I mean you could just do the burn rate calculations alone and see how bad it could be. Estimate the size of their team just in Santa Monica at say typicalish AAA size of about 100 people, making an average of about $90k a year. And that doesn't include all the other over head like taxes, insurance, rent on their office (which was until recently just off the promenade), internet, buying computers etc etc.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 05:03:44 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=177634199

Micro skin wrinkles and blood flow maps on character faces

:gaben
ὕβρις

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2015, 12:56:29 PM »
What about the fat-fold technology? Will double chins look life-like?

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; I helped make Star Citizen.”

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14839-Letter-From-The-Chairman

:usacry

edit: nm, wanted to post funny pic from there but is was a gazillion pixels and wouldn't even upload to imgur (over 10 mb)
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:21 PM »
Almost $89 million now.  :doge
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »
Almost $89 million now.  :doge

They probably spent that $2 million doing mo-cap animation for the Whip. Another $3 million and they'll be able to Nae Nae. Stanky Legg to be added at a later date.
©@©™

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
Stank.

Stank-stank.
This post is even better if you imagine  it said in Gendo's voice.
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »

naff

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
Nash and Altius Management have been ordered to pay their 31 backers in Washington a total of $668 in restitution, as well as $23,183 in legal fees and  $31,000 (a grand per backer burned) in civil penalties for violating the state Consumer Protection Act

:goty

Actually kinda worries me, like with angel investment surely Kickstarter cover their asses in the agreement people accept before being able to fund something? Never actually read it :p
◕‿◕

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »
Kickstarter cover their own asses. They're just middlemen.  Actual relations between backers and creators is a gray area. It's investment but not at the same time.
ὕβρις

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2015, 07:39:13 AM »
hmmm I wonder what Derek Smart's been up to with the whole Star Citizen crusa....

mildy :nsfw image: http://i.imgur.com/EfEqom8.png

Barry Egan

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh7pg

I have some sad news to report.

Since my recent blog "Star Citizen - The Long Con" went live yesterday, apparently a lot has been going on at RSI/CIG brain trust.

Key issue here is that I linked to a letter one David Jennison wrote when he quit working there.

For the record, I do NOT know this person. Not even on social media. And even when I reached out to authenticate the letter, I got a "no comment" from various sources.

Apparently he had shared it with some people in order to explain why he was leaving so suddenly. And it looks like one of those people sent it to me using a burner email account which is now unreachable. Pretty much how various unknown sources have been reaching out to me since I started writing these blogs back in July.

So today, multiple sources are telling us that the Santa Monica studio is in full crisis mode as a result.

Sources are telling me that Sandi, wife of Chris Roberts, is pointing fingers and publicly blaming people in the office for leaking the letter. A letter which isn't even company property btw. As the story goes, she called two of them "fuckers" in front of their co-workers. And as the word goes, it may have been during that altercation that two people turned in their key cards and immediately walked out.

As it stands, two have quit.

Lisa Ohanian (Ship Shape), gave 2 week notice.

Paul Forgy, quit on the spot - and walked out.

Alyssa Delhotal and James Pugh were reportedly fired under suspicion of leaking information to me. Since I don't know ANY of the above people, it's patently false.

It gets worse...

Meanwhile 9 people in Austin were informed that their jobs are being eliminated in October.

Additional people are reported to be informed today and tomorrow.

As I had mentioned a few weeks ago, multiple sources are telling me that the plan is to close the Austin office by end of this year. People let go so far are Artists, Engineers, and Designers working on the PU (!!!!!).

Also, sources tell me that they are hovering around $8 (!) million in cash right now and still burning around $3.5m (!) per month. Which is why they are now initiating immediate downsizing company wide. Quietly. They are hoping that upcoming sales go well to tide them over in the short term.

As it stands, credible sources tell me that they are going to run out of money at their current sales/burn by Q1/16, assuming they get some spikes from the upcoming sales and anniversary sale in November.

Which explains the Endeavor ship sale that went live in the past 24hrs.

During this downsizing, while consolidating global development in the UK, they are focusing on Squadron 42 because right now it isn't scheduled to be ready for release for another 15 (!) months. At best.

There is so much info coming in right now, that I simply can't divulge all of it without putting people at risk. So I am getting on a call with legal in a bit. I remain torn between my loyalty to industry sources, and my need to alert the industry that, as predicted, as big as this crowd-funding effort was, it is still on track to be the biggest single collapse of an entity in the history of the industry.

I have been sounding this warning bell since July. But I got incessantly attacked for it, and I am still under attack as a result.

I will add another update once I hear back from legal. I will probably just throw up another blog since it's so much stuff to wade through right now.

In the meantime, to those of you affected by this, don't even bother with attorneys or suing them. I got this. Just go find yourselves a new job, take care of your families and keep sending us stuff. This is a crowd-funded company and there are higher standards.

Most of all :

1) DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA!!! If you want to know which of them to trust and/or talk to, contact me (anon is fine) directly at dsmart@live.com. You deserve to tell your story and I 100% guarantee you that I will make sure that it gets out and goes into the public record via the legal system as you wish for it to be told. Remember, you are going to be around in this industry, working alongside the best of the best, for years to come. Don't make light of that.

2) DO NOT TRUST ANY OF CHRIS'S FRIENDS. If you make the single mistake of talking to someone who knows someone who knows someone, you may find yourself in violation of your exit agreement (if any) and/or NDA signed at hiring. So don't do it.

3) Ben Lesnick cannot be trusted. But you probably already knew that.

- DS

The people he claims to have been fired had their pages removed from the SC website later in the day, and Paul Forgy's resume on LinkedIn has been updated to reflect that his time at CIG ended this September. 

I'm really starting to think Derek Smart actually knows what he's talking about.  Holy fuck if they only have $8 million left.  Things are unraveling quickly. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2015, 06:34:30 PM »
They fucked with the one guy who has an infinite amount of rage to deploy in a laser focused manner.

Also, sources tell me that they are hovering around $8 (!) million in cash right now and still burning around $3.5m (!) per month. Which is why they are now initiating immediate downsizing company wide. Quietly. They are hoping that upcoming sales go well to tide them over in the short term.

As it stands, credible sources tell me that they are going to run out of money at their current sales/burn by Q1/16, assuming they get some spikes from the upcoming sales and anniversary sale in November.
Is that credible source a calculator? Excel maybe?

Barry Egan

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »
he got Nate Silver on the horn.  Dude is connected.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »
If this project implodes, this will be one of the biggest bombs in recent memory for a videogame. Mainly because this fucking thing never got released.  :lol
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:55 PM »
I don't doubt that things are a mess at RSI, but I'm not really willing to trust Derek Smart DEREK SMART DEREK SMART all that much. I suspect his post is a collection of a bit of insider information, a few half-truths, and some stretches to fit a narrative.

But I really won't be surprised if Star Citizen implodes sometime next year.
dog

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
I don't trust Derek Smart DEREK SMART DEREK SMART either, but I sure as fuck hope he comes out on top in this for maximum lulz, which is all I care about in this development of a kickstarted grognard spaceship ogling sim. prayer hands emoji

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2015, 08:16:52 PM »
I'd feel bad, very bad for all the people who spent thousands of dollars on spaceships for themselves, but less so for the speculating people who created an iffy as hell market for that and quite glad for the company that allowed that shit to happen in the first place.

why is it that every "innovation" that happens for selling a game happens to screw consumers more?

Barry Egan

« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:03 PM »

I fucking love this man.  :lol

Tasty

« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2015, 11:43:11 PM »
“Several years from now, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, and they ask you what did you do during the battle for Space Sims and PC games, you can look them in the eye and say; I helped make Star Citizen.”

Nnnnnnnnnope!

You're going to die alone and without any kind of even barely-impressive gaming-related achievements.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Tasty

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2015, 01:39:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I fucking love this man.  :lol

Should have seen it coming. It didn't take long after the fall of Kickstarter for their croudfunded games to end up in the hands of charlatans. A new era of crowdfunding descended upon vulnerable interwebs, shifting the balance of power throughout the industry. People in the destabilized forums soon feared another incident like Mighty No. 9 was inevitable. As panic spread, publishers of the world turned to Derek Smart, which formed the anti-Kickstarter unit GAAY. Operatives of the GAAY were sent to infiltrate and neutralize crowdfunding hotspots, restoring safety and stability to various regions around the globe.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2015, 01:43:54 AM »
I guess we'll see soon enough if there's truth to it. People leaving RSI is not uncommon, IIRC, it has already a reputation as a workplace... That they burn through money is not a surprise either, with several studios and subcontractors, it was one of the biggest red flags.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2015, 02:37:32 AM »
Someone I know IRL and am friends with on FB posted about this saying we should all stop acting like 8 year olds and focus on the business of making games not drama.

I was gonna reply and say that Im pretty sure Derek Smart's business is drama but then I remembered this guy is FB friends with Derek Smart and I didn't feel like having Derek Smart launch a holy war against boring old me.

I just remembered I follow CIG on Glassdoor. If there were unexpected layoffs expect some salt to start flowing over there.

Edit: There was a new review on Sunday and it was not flattering.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:41:33 AM by bluemax »
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2015, 04:51:16 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=179750995

400$ impulse buys, wot.
Also space pot crops.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
Derek Smart got what he wanted, RSI has issued a "legal" response today :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-09-03_rsi-response-to-demand-letter.pdf

There's some typos and while there's a legal side to it (Cyber stalking), it seems also petulant and childish. Derek Smart is a grade A loon and he would probably be drowning his own vendetta if left to his devices. Unless he have some actual facts on hand.

Meanwhile on GAF, some people actually argue that you shouldn't be able to get refunds :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179940179&postcount=6500

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179960633&postcount=6526

Because reasons.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:44:22 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
Derek Smart got what he wanted, RSI has issued a "legal" response today :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-09-03_rsi-response-to-demand-letter.pdf

There's some typos and while there's a legal side to it (Cyber stalking), it seems also petulant and childish. Derek Smart is a grade A loon and he would probably be drowning his own vendetta if left to his devices. Unless he have some actual facts on hand.

Meanwhile on GAF, some people actually argue that you shouldn't be able to get refunds :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179940179&postcount=6500

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179960633&postcount=6526

Because reasons.

Holy shit that legal letter is a goldmine.

"Your clients past career performance, including struggles with tax liens and a bankruptcy proceeding, begs the question what makes him think that he is even qualified to review and properly assess the information demanded of him. The complete absence of any functioning or successful game having ever been released by him in his 20+ year ‘career’ of game development further raises the question why he would consider himself qualified to cast any judgement on Star Citizen."

Straight Raw, No Condom.  :betty

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »
 :crazy

Damn, KS drama is best drama. :lawd

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:41:38 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »
Only 1 salty glass door review. So probably no mass exodus.
NO

Barry Egan

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »

eh? scroll down past the first couple and there are alot of negative, salty reviews. Many of them recent.

In other news....

My money is on Itagaki being the next to pile on.  :itagaki

Barry Egan

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »

eh? scroll down past the first couple and there are alot of negative, salty reviews. Many of them recent.

In other news....

(Image removed from quote.)

My money is on Itagaki being the next to pile on.  :itagaki

Only one new one though! Unless I missed some.
NO

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2015, 03:34:48 AM »
I would trust Broussard on this over Smart, he would be much better versed on what a gigantic development quagmire looks like.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=180352042

The design doc is indeed insane. The price as well: 950$ for the biggest version of that ship.

Also big movie cast like Chris Roberts's movies.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/star-citizen-single-player-will-have-top-level-movie-cast/0211861

Star Citizen is a game that we backed because we believe in the vision that Chris Roberts has for the game. We want Star Citizen to be done by the man who brought us the original vision. We want SC to be done by the man who brought us the likes of Wing Commander. We want to bring together the game WE pledged for, that WE fought for, and that WE are working toward. Get off our lawn.

Don’t like what we’re doing? Go make your own game. Don’t steal the glory of ours.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/8/31/9211969/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-star-citizen#325089286

All this is probably gonna end in the Amazonian forest with a dead US Congressman.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:27:32 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
For crying out loud, they're even taking pre-orders on the Single Player digital manual  :PP

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Squadron-42-Manual-Digital

Also this gem :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money

Want to show big publishers you’re voting with your credits? Pick up this special spacecraft skin honoring the RSI crowdfunding campaign!

Note: The functionality to apply skins has not been implemented yet and will be available at some point in the future!

:mindblown
Hidden in plain sight.

ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
Stick it to the man...

...by buying this here novelty item!
Buy two in the first week to get an anti-establishment discount!

My only wish, seeing who paid how much at what point in their life, because I have a feeling a lot of idiot students ate more ramen noodles than usual to 'invest' into this.

naff

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
For crying out loud, they're even taking pre-orders on the Single Player digital manual  :PP

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Squadron-42-Manual-Digital

Also this gem :

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money

Want to show big publishers you’re voting with your credits? Pick up this special spacecraft skin honoring the RSI crowdfunding campaign!

Note: The functionality to apply skins has not been implemented yet and will be available at some point in the future!

:mindblown
Hidden in plain sight.

:doge

Such marketing genius
◕‿◕

bluemax

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2015, 02:09:33 PM »
RSI is toxic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

Chris Roberts' reply:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

"$90 million for what he's pitching, even with a competent leadership, you couldn't do," CS1 wrote. "The thing you have to remember about Chris Roberts is that, before this, he hadn't made a game in 12 years. He has no concept of what can and can't be done today with that amount of money, or for a game like this. Chris Roberts hadn't made a game in 12 years, and he was actively ignoring the input of people who have been in and a part of the industry that entire time."

To this, Roberts says: "How do you or they know this? Which employees said this and what makes them qualified to make that judgement? I know it's what Derek Smart loves to say but he couldn't make a good game with $200m so I don't think his opinion matters. Outside of that, no employee beyond me and a few other key people who are leading Star Citizen would have the appropriate information and overview to make any judgement about the cost of the total project. Secondly, the company uses additional sources of funding such as tax incentives, marketing and product partnerships, but we do not discuss these issues in public for obvious reasons. We always keep a healthy cash reserve and operate our business prudently based on the incoming revenue. It should tell you something that we are actually increasing our global headcount not decreasing it."

The popular consensus among most of the people who reached out is that Chris Roberts is not intentionally a con man. "He doesn't set out in the morning to screw anybody over. He's just incredibly arrogant," CS2 stated.

Fiyah.

"Not everyone is a superstar or fits in with the culture"

Ugh I've heard that before at a place that was nowhere near as big as RSI and ever bit as toxic as these people make RSI out to be. That company shut down after 2 years.

Oh god Chris Roberts' thinks Gamer Gate is about ETHICS IN JOURNALISM.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN.

I will say, Derek Smart leading the anti SC charge is the worst thing possible for anyone on that ship.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:21:48 PM by bluemax »
NO

Tasty

« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2015, 02:29:16 PM »
I know it's what Derek Smart loves to say but he couldn't make a good game with $200m so I don't think his opinion matters.

:dead

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »
Wait, where does it say Chris Roberts is a gamergater?
vin

bluemax

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »

I’m also pretty concerned that your reporter on this is compromised and pursuing her own agenda. For someone who is a self-acclaimed Gamer Gate supporter, which last I checked was about ethics in video game journalism, she’s not been behaving or going about her business like an ethical reporter. Lizzy Finnegan appears in this tweet from Bandit@istheguy:
NO

Barry Egan

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2015, 02:49:34 PM »
It's the crest of the wave my friends.  Hold me. 

Tales of first class travels, lavish lifestyles, and seven figure combined annual salaries were near-universally reported. Several sources pointed to one concrete example of potential fund mismanagement, however, and statements from both Cloud Imperium Games and their partner, Turbulent, appear to add some level of credibility to the claim.

t was also alleged that Roberts' wife and Cloud Imperium Games Vice President of Marketing Sandi Gardiner enforced discriminatory hiring practices....It was also claimed that Gardiner used race as a determining factor in selecting employees, allegedly once saying "We aren't hiring her. We aren't hiring a black girl."

"She would write emails with so much profanity. She would call people stupid, distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, taco. Accuse men of not having balls. And she was incredibly hostile to other female employees," CS4 stated. "Sandi is very jealous. She has to be the queen bee at the company. Whenever I was around her, I felt like I was in the presence of a cobra who, at that moment, might not have been inclined to strike but was completely willing to. You don't get on her bad side," CS3 added. "There were two things you were told, when you were hired. One, you don't talk about [Roberts and Gardiner] being married, to anyone. Ever. And two, you don't make Sandi mad."

It is worse than I ever possibly could have imagined.  Plus Chris responding and somehow tying it in to GamerGate. Derek Smart cackling in the background.  Fanboys who have $1000+ invested in the game losing their goddamned minds. This is like the teleological synthesis of internet drama. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:57:06 PM by Barry Egan »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2015, 02:50:34 PM »
Who would have dreamed you'd be watching an eight figure AAA game project implode with such a ridiculous PR disaster in 2015 :lawd

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2015, 02:55:14 PM »
It's like Ion Storm, except Ion Storm actually managed to release a few games.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »

I’m also pretty concerned that your reporter on this is compromised and pursuing her own agenda. For someone who is a self-acclaimed Gamer Gate supporter, which last I checked was about ethics in video game journalism, she’s not been behaving or going about her business like an ethical reporter. Lizzy Finnegan appears in this tweet from Bandit@istheguy:
If the allegations are true, then this is just hilarious irony.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
It is better than I ever possibly could have imagined.  Plus Chris responding and somehow tying it in to GamerGate. Derek Smart cackling in the background.  Fanboys who have $1000+ invested in the game losing their goddamned minds. This is like the teleological synthesis of internet drama.

:rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2015, 03:23:18 PM »
I want links of the fanboys losing their minds. :heh

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊