Author Topic: STAR CITIZEN: JEU PRÉFÉRÉ DE VOMKRIEGE  (Read 306892 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: It's About Ethics in Videogame Spaceships
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2015, 11:35:14 PM »
brb, shorting hope.

nudemacusers

« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »
brb setting up broker agency for regular joes who just want to set aside a little hope for the future.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2015, 11:38:36 PM »
brb, shorting hope.
I've been trying this for almost three decades.

No returns yet.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »
brb, shorting hope.
I've been trying this for almost three decades.

No returns yet.

Your college fund was a bunch of proofs not uncirculated collector coins sold by the U.S. Mint, wasn't it.

benjipwns

« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2015, 12:03:51 AM »
I collected post-1965 quarters only.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2015, 12:11:39 AM »
Funny story I recently organized my pennies into pre-82 and post-82. Coinage nerds know why. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2015, 02:56:36 AM »
Seems I was confused about Vox Day : He is not a former Marine writing strategy book, but a game designer and fantasy author. He is also the lead editor of the company publishing him, and that's why he spoke in the first person about the success of the 4th Generation Warfare e-book. Sorry for the mistake.
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2015, 06:27:58 AM »
Funny story I recently organized my pennies into pre-82 and post-82. Coinage nerds know why. :doge

haha

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2015, 08:38:22 AM »
Seems I was confused about Vox Day : He is not a former Marine writing strategy book, but a game designer and fantasy author. He is also the lead editor of the company publishing him, and that's why he spoke in the first person about the success of the 4th Generation Warfare e-book. Sorry for the mistake.

Could you put together something funny about Larry Correia next?

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46:29 PM »
"There’s three people that have been influential for my entire life, and one was John Carmack, one was Steve Jobs, and one was Chris Roberts. "

:doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2015, 12:23:03 AM »
"There’s three people that have been influential for my entire life, and one was John Carmack, one was Steve Jobs, and one was Chris Roberts. "

:doge

©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2015, 08:33:05 AM »
I didn’t go to the one last week, CitizenCon, because it was in the UK. I could’ve. I had no block financially, but I was just doing the math: I was going to spend 30 hours on an airplane to be in Amsterdam for 20 hours, then to fly home again. That would be miserable. So I chose to use all that money on airfare to buy a bunch of Endeavors. [Laughs] So I bought a five pack of Endeavors instead.

:larry
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »

The interesting question is what you did with your 1982 pennies.

Kara

« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
My eleven year old son learned how to type 40 words a minute at age eight in order to earn more gaming privileges.

My favorite abusive parents are the ones who don't even realize they're being abusive.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »
My eleven year old son learned how to type 40 words a minute at age eight in order to earn more gaming privileges.

My favorite abusive parents are the ones who don't even realize they're being abusive.

i have heard all sorts of obliviously appalling shit from nerd/techie parents.  :-\
QED

Kara

« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »

i have heard all sorts of obliviously appalling shit from nerd/techie parents.  :-\

I was read Cosmos as a bedtime story. Not Witold Gombrowicz's mystery about nothing, Carl Sagan's watershed pop science book. I was 6.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
My friend yesterday told me about some forum a friend of hers stumbled upon full of parents cut off by their kids. And tons of them were encouraging each other to try to essentially "kidnap" grand kids or ignore restraining orders. Disturbing.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:59 AM »
My friend yesterday told me about some forum a friend of hers stumbled upon full of parents cut off by their kids. And tons of them were encouraging each other to try to essentially "kidnap" grand kids or ignore restraining orders. Disturbing.
Holy shit. As if to dispel any remaining mystery about why they'd been cut off...

bluemax

« Reply #319 on: November 09, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/

People think that this is a scam, all those haters. There’s that—I’m not even going to mention his name—the one guy, I know you know who it is, who keeps ragging on it. But this stuff is real. I’ve met these people, I’ve sat down with these people, I’ve felt their passion. This is real. And all of the things that are being negatively said about Chris and the whole crew at Cloud Imperium are false. They’re just breeding drama.

Every time they release a tech demo and new playable features, there’s a huge surge in incoming signups and pledges. It takes a long time to make a game. Blizzard will make a good portion of their game in secret. Look at Diablo III. It was silent for how many years, under development for nearly a decade before it was even announced? Star Citizen is the antithesis of that. It’s a game that’s crowdfunded so being open to the community is the requirement. But that initial tech development window feels like an eternity to impatient people. They want it now, they want it now. Why isn’t it now? Why are we not getting anything now? And we’re just now starting to taste their efforts, in major ways. Like at Gamescom, when they gave us their multi-crew demo. And CitizenCon, when they gave us even more of the multi-crew and the Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 demos … This is real. It’s not vaporware. And I believe in it

I want some of what this guy is smoking.
NO

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »
Holy shit. As if to dispel any remaining mystery about why they'd been cut off...

It's a form of delusion and entitlement which should be challenged and instead these people find a feedback loop.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
tell me if this sounds familiar
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/
I want to make fun of the guy but

Everybody has an iPad and an iPhone.

sounds like dude has his life in order.  :itagaki
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »
Space Brother Number One on the mission generation in the MMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiTY_K7bDys&feature=youtu.be&t=10m30s

TL, DW :

Step 0. PROFIT
[close]

Step 1. Simulating the behavior of millions of agents (AI and players) to the point of having its own economic system server side.
Step 2. ?
Step 3. Dynamic missions that make sense !
ὕβρις

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »

It's a form of delusion and entitlement which should be challenged and instead these people find a feedback loop.

tell me if this sounds familiar
[close]
Oh god I know people who have kids and have cut off their parents.  The amount of crazy that comes with that :kobeyuck
vin

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2015, 12:11:57 PM »
Through the tragedies of life, we will at least forever have Star Citizen.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57576&p=3099221&viewfull=1#post3099221

2.0 Early 2016, but in a downgraded smaller form.

The delay is already being explained :

"we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen."

Source : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...lopment-Update

:lol

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57576&p=3102335&viewfull=1#post3102335

Love the way that guy suddenly disappears when Sandi shows up. =p

Why is Sandi wearing sunglasses? Is it because she's now a Hollywood film star?
The mo-cap studio lighting is very bright and you have to walk through 5 of them to get to that office.

:dead

Edit: Foundry 42 abbreviated accounts have been filed.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:36:42 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: November 15, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
John Kerry is their Lead FPS Programmer?
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2015, 04:39:08 AM »
Anniversary sale coming, 350$ ship announced for limited time.

The game... Uh who knows ?
ὕβρις

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »
Anniversary of what?
vin

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »
Beats me. Either completing crowdfunding or starting development.
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
Anniversary of what?
anniversary of the previous anniversary's anniversary!

edit: I was joking but they have had two previous anniversary sales. :itagaki

Happy anniversary, Star Citizen! Late November marks the end of Star Citizen’s original campaign. One year ago, Chris and the nascent development team broadcast a 24-hour event to push for funding for Star Citizen’s original stretch goals. The massive success of that event (and the overall campaign) prompted us to decide to make Star Citizen entirely backer funded… and it’s a decision we haven’t regretted!

This anniversary sale is a thank you for the tremendous support and dedication all our backers have shown to make this game a reality. Many backers have asked for an opportunity to pick up some of the limited ships offered earlier in the campaign, and so we are giving you that option today. But before we get to the ships, we want to be absolutely clear: purchasing additional ships is NOT necessary. Sales like this are about supporting Star Citizen, about offering additional ways to start the game and about helping us expand the overall vision… but nothing beyond a starter package will ever be necessary for a backer to get the full Star Citizen experience.

:dead
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:03:48 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »
wait, these ships come with insurance policies? I un.hh... k.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »

Some do but you have to pay through the nose.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2015, 05:46:08 PM »

Didn't you know ? Your ship being destroyed ingame means you no longer can use it and it need to be repurchased (in game). A lot of the early sales had LTI "lifetime insurance" bundled with ships which would guarantee you always get a replacement. LTI was then supposedly discontinued forever to make it an early reward, but still reintroduced in couple of more recent ship sales.

Since we are talking about SC, we don't really know how that "insurance" will affect the game. CIG has been rather ambivalent, downplaying its importance and mentioning other insurance schemes available in game to placate worried people on one hand, while still using it from time to time as an incentive to make backers pay through the nose.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Lifetime_Insurance

Anyone who pledged for a copy of Star Citizen before the end of the 1-week grace period[1] after the new RSI website opened on June 28, 2013[1] automatically receives lifetime insurance (LTI) on their pledge ships[2]; this protects the investment they make in the game in perpetuity. Anyone who makes their first pledge after the grace period ends on July 6th, 2013 will start with standard hull insurance (SHI) for their ship, which functions identically but must be periodically renewed with a small fee of in-game credits. The duration can be anywhere from 1 to 6 months depending on the ship and policy type.[3]
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #334 on: November 17, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »
EVE is like over a decade old and had this sorted. ide. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:34 PM »
EVE is like over a decade old and had this sorted. ide. :doge

Maybe, but can you do this in EVE ?

Video coming Q4 2018
[close]
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #336 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »
Speaking of, the star citizen equivalent of goonswarm is gonna eat good if those insurance premiums lapse. The fuckery.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #337 on: November 17, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »
have an anniversary sale a year after the game was supposed to be released brehs :dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2015, 01:42:40 PM »
So Derek Smart has backed Infinity Battlescape, a space game that also had the nod from Chris Roberts... Several confused backers have thus threatened to ask refunds and the I:B dev had to go on the record that Smart was not a collaborator.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3t7p30/ds_attempting_hostile_takeover_of_infinity/?sort=confidence
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »
Well, credit where it is due : CIG did in fact make a limited release of their "Arena Commander - (Pre)-Alpha 2.0" with plans to release it wide soon. Pretty buggy apparently but heh...
ὕβρις

Barry Egan

« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »
I tried watching a stream today and it was literally crashing every three minutes.  It looks nice but it's still pretty barren of content for the 4th year in a $100 million project.  It is a lot more than I ever thought they would put out though.  These guys are insanely good at keeping peoples hopes up just high enough to buy more non-existent ships. 

benjipwns

« Reply #341 on: November 21, 2015, 11:39:23 PM »
It's kinda crazy that this game has already spent twice as much as This Is Vegas which played a large part in killing a multi-million dollar corporation.

I wonder when they surpass how ever much THQ threw away on uDraw, Homefront and that Warhammer MMO.

Barry Egan

« Reply #342 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3u3g55/when_asked_to_show_where_my_investment_went/

So i probably piqued a coworkers interest when talking about star citizen when he asked if i was a gamer since he was thinking of building a gaming pc. my eyes lit up and he is definetely interested but when asked how deep i am since i seem like a fanatic, i simply stated "Grand Admiral" well...he looked it up and is flipping over how i can possibly think that i can spend so much in a game that isnt even out yet, while i preach the truth of 2.0, so he sees the worth to me for the money i pledged, while i am perfectly happy shelling out even more these last 3 days.

i ended up drawing a sketch of my fleet (along with rough price) and what i envision myself commanding into the dark black.

(Image removed from quote.)

i am more impressed with myself than even he is, as i started with a simple superhornet 3 years ago.

Feel free to sketch your fleet out, and with my fleet, what would you guys do??

PS. yes, i am part of a very dedicated squadron inside a large org and can fill these spots anytime no prob.

his co-worker be like :donot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »

ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
 :lol that animation being stuck in a sitting position.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »
"i am more impressed with myself than even he is"

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

The fanbase for this abortion is beyond mind boggling.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2015, 06:53:27 AM »

97 Million US Dollars

Oh its just a basic animation bug! The lead animator will spend a few weeks working on your avatar animations after Thanksgiving!

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2015, 11:44:26 PM »
A basic bug after how many fucking years in development now? :lol
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »
Derek Smart has his own subreddit? LOL

They should just leave that the way it is.
🍆🍆

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2015, 05:26:30 AM »
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/299328/warning-to-anyone-hoping-to-bring-people-in-and-get-referral-credit-30-pack

Reading more... and I see "whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD)...." (...) I guess wait and make them spend more...

I made the mistake of buying 4 $30 packs on the assumption that i could gift it to friends who join and it would count to the referral. Instead i have 4 Auroras i don't want or have any use for.

:neogaf
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
Which pack do I need to buy to cleanse all my thetans?
©@©™

Yulwei

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »
Even if this game comes out and it's a total piece of shit, you know 99% of those people are going to play it and claim it's the greatest space game ever because they are simply in too deep. This shit really is a cult  :lol

benjipwns

Barry Egan

« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:04 AM »
"i am more impressed with myself than even he is"

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

The fanbase for this abortion is beyond mind boggling.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2015, 07:02:18 AM »
36 fucking grand. You could have purchased the ultimate videogame lair with more games than you could ever play inside. This thing is a cult, they're focusing on revenue gathering more than making a game. They've sold you an idea, now they're consuming your SOUL

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
Why can't these folks just go play X-Wing again or something ??? This is utterly insane. You know you've screwed up when Derek Smart is leading the charge against you and doesn't come off as nuts for once.
Hi

Freyj

« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
36 fucking grand. You could have purchased the ultimate videogame lair with more games than you could ever play inside. This thing is a cult, they're focusing on revenue gathering more than making a game. They've sold you an idea, now they're consuming your SOUL

MLM of video games.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2015, 08:05:15 PM »
If we're talking about filthy rich people with nothing better to throw money at, I got no problem with it. But they're probably just middle class [at best], which means their probably plowing just about all their available money into this thing.

For ONE game.
dog

Barry Egan

« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:44 PM »
I'm still waiting for this entire thing to be revealed as an elaborate ARG.