Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 433742 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread: NICE CHINCHIN
« Reply #4440 on: April 15, 2021, 04:30:34 PM »
Shermie keeps on getting more THICC. 

KOF '97/'98:

KOF 2002:

SNK Heroines:

KOF XV:

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4441 on: April 17, 2021, 04:51:38 PM »
Holy shit, Samurai Shodown got patched on PC and actually works on my desktop now!  4K (downscaled to 2K) and shorter load times :lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4443 on: April 18, 2021, 02:53:13 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4445 on: April 21, 2021, 10:47:43 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4446 on: April 22, 2021, 01:00:12 AM »
ffffffuuuuuu Hibiki looks likes she plays so good

Any chance now that we have SS and KoF games SNK will do a new Last Blade?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4447 on: April 22, 2021, 07:15:57 AM »
Any chance now that we have SS and KoF games SNK will do a new Last Blade?

KOF isn't out yet! 

I wonder if the SS team will do something like that.  Guessing not since the LB name isn't as well-known.  :'(
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4449 on: April 28, 2021, 10:29:05 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4450 on: May 05, 2021, 10:00:08 PM »
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4451 on: May 12, 2021, 06:42:20 AM »

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4452 on: May 12, 2021, 08:52:32 PM »
that rules actually

Bebpo

« Reply #4453 on: May 12, 2021, 09:31:09 PM »
A darkstalkers reboot that looks like Strive is the dream.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4454 on: May 12, 2021, 10:07:13 PM »
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #4455 on: May 14, 2021, 03:33:31 PM »
Strive beta is back. I'm not sure for how long.

I-No and Anji Mito were added.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 03:52:47 PM by Beezy »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #4456 on: May 15, 2021, 10:40:33 PM »
I wonder when VF5 eSports is going to drop, if it'll have rollback, and if anyone will give a shit except for me

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4457 on: May 15, 2021, 10:52:27 PM »
Strive beta is back. I'm not sure for how long.

I-No and Anji Mito were added.

Through tomorrow, IIRC.

I wonder when VF5 eSports is going to drop, if it'll have rollback, and if anyone will give a shit except for me

People are interested!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:40:08 AM by bork »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4458 on: May 16, 2021, 12:26:09 AM »
Ehhhh, I'm not and I love VF.

I played the crap out of VF5 on PS3.
I played the crap out of VF5 FS online matches on X360.

Same game again with better netcode...zzz

Yeah it's a great fighter, but unless it's getting something new like a new character and some new moves & balance changes or something I can't get interested.

remy

« Reply #4459 on: May 16, 2021, 02:38:48 AM »
Better netcode seems unlikely

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4461 on: May 20, 2021, 04:12:08 PM »

Love the Metal Slug background.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4462 on: May 20, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/aksys-games-and-rarebreed-makes-games-announce-2d-fighting-game-blazing-strike-for-ps5-ps4-switch-and-pc

Inspired by classic arcade fighting game series from industry greats such as Capcom and SNK, Blazing Strike evokes the excitement and nostalgia of 2D pixel art genre pioneers while incorporating a unique games system with modern mechanics.

Blazing Strike features a four-button system with six normal attacks: light, medium and heavy punches and kicks, as well as three defense moves: block, guard and parry. A Rush Trigger enables fighters to execute fast-paced attacks and movements, but using it will slowly drain the Rush Meter, sending the character into a temporary groggy state. This allows players to execute exciting combos while having to manage the Rush Meter. The game will include three play modes: Story Mode, Arcade Mode, and VS Mode, with training, sparring, and online match via Persona AI, and online play powered by GGPO.

This is cool- glad to see this guy got a publisher.  He tried doing Kickstarter before but canceled it.
ど助平

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #4463 on: May 20, 2021, 11:36:44 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/vf_official/status/1395562798168494083
May 27 stream to find out wtf VF x esports is.
Stoked to get back in the habit of fighting the elderly

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #4464 on: May 25, 2021, 04:41:43 PM »
So there's no way that stream is for the terrible port of VF5 right?
Sega can't be THAT dumb, right? Right???????
spoiler (click to show/hide)
;____________;
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4465 on: May 25, 2021, 04:43:45 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4466 on: May 25, 2021, 06:03:02 PM »
It looks nice, but it is kind weird to just be a visual update (and new BGM) and PS4 only.

I mean even if most of the VF team is long gone at this point hence why no new VF, I'd think even the RGG team has enough experience with combat that they could figure out how to add a character or two and balance them. Fuck, since it's RGG team & RGG Engine at least put in Kiryu.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #4467 on: May 25, 2021, 09:30:48 PM »
It looks nice, but it is kind weird to just be a visual update (and new BGM) and PS4 only.

I mean even if most of the VF team is long gone at this point hence why no new VF, I'd think even the RGG team has enough experience with combat that they could figure out how to add a character or two and balance them. Fuck, since it's RGG team & RGG Engine at least put in Kiryu.

Didn't the RGG guy say that he didn't want Kiryu punching women and that's why he turned down the Tekken cameo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4468 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:23 PM »
Posting the trailer might help.    :doge

ど助平

remy

« Reply #4469 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »
Hard to complain about free (with ps+) but no steam release reeks of the sony special  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4470 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »

Didn't the RGG guy say that he didn't want Kiryu punching women and that's why he turned down the Tekken cameo

Is this a mod or the real thing?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4471 on: May 26, 2021, 04:16:22 AM »

Idk, but if that's true and why Kiryu isn't in Tekken

:comeon

Do you never fight women badguys in any of the RGG/Yakuza games? I could've sworn there were. If not, that's kind of a weird thing I never noticed.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4472 on: May 26, 2021, 03:11:39 PM »
Still not seeing how the older versions look better.

Top: Ultimate
Bottom: Final Showdown

:huh
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4473 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
The new models are clearly a step up in everything but the faces.

The faces are just different. The VF cast has never been particularly attractive to begin with (when people are saying DoA's Sarah model is the best I assume they just want the women to look attractive) so I don't really care if they look a bit different.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4474 on: May 26, 2021, 10:16:57 PM »
ど助平

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #4475 on: May 27, 2021, 05:23:13 PM »
God I hope KoF actually gets rollback

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4476 on: June 01, 2021, 10:27:37 PM »
Dunno about Virtua Fighter- haven't had the best quality match connections and it's kind of funny seeing this with less custom parts to use compared to Final Shodown (yes, I got the DLC- it's still less).  Just kind of odd.  Also some slight 'censorship' but I kind of expected that given the platform it's on.  :doge
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4477 on: June 02, 2021, 02:52:59 AM »
Yeah, between the dualsense being absolutely terrible for VF and online lag, was not having fun against button mashers when I tried.

Sure I haven't played VF in a decade, but I know my moves and combos like the back of my hand and I could not pull off stuff regularly with the ps5 pad. Even Akira's fast elbow Fx3, P was too tough because each tap is slow and getting three quick taps in wasn't working.

Since this is a ps4 game, I'm assuming my HRAP for Ps4 should work?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4478 on: June 02, 2021, 07:05:17 AM »
God I hope KoF actually gets rollback

They have time to work on it- it has been delayed to next year.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #4479 on: June 02, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
And PS4 controllers can't be used on PS5 for PS4 games, right? You'd think Hori would have something ready for Strive's release.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4480 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:35 AM »
I think it's fine, and price is right if you have plus. DLC seems kind of scummy tbh, $30 all-in seems like it'd be a fair price.

I only tried a few matches online and it wasn't the best, wasn't able to stop some obvious cheese every time. then again I am rusty AF as haven't really played in forever. Can hopefully get some more in this weekend with better results.

It's just good to have some VF back, wish there were more stage options but they did a good job reworking what is there.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4481 on: June 02, 2021, 12:30:39 PM »
I think it's fine, and price is right if you have plus. DLC seems kind of scummy tbh, $30 all-in seems like it'd be a fair price.

I only tried a few matches online and it wasn't the best, wasn't able to stop some obvious cheese every time. then again I am rusty AF as haven't really played in forever. Can hopefully get some more in this weekend with better results.

It's just good to have some VF back, wish there were more stage options but they did a good job reworking what is there.

IIRC it's using the exact same netcode that Final Showdown had.  It's unfortunately not that great.  To me this is FS, with less content, but improved graphics.  It feels dated for obvious reasons.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4482 on: June 02, 2021, 11:18:11 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4483 on: June 03, 2021, 03:04:32 AM »
I'll give them this on the new VF, I was playing Judgment and tried Final Showdown in that which is the original arcade version and coming from this new VF the graphics were night and day. The game looks a huge visual upgrade from the original. The backgrounds are really simple in the original and the characters look a lot better in the new one. Didn't think the difference was that big until I played FS.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4484 on: June 08, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »
Guilty Gear Strive unlocked (for people who pre-ordered the deluxe editions on PS4/PS).

:phil
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #4485 on: June 08, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
I'll get it after work today.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4486 on: June 08, 2021, 12:16:49 PM »
Waiting for the PC release....... :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4487 on: June 08, 2021, 12:48:00 PM »
I'll get it after work today.

Digital Deluxe and physical Ultimate pre-orders only- the regular release is on Friday.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4488 on: June 08, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
Waiting for the PC release....... :'(

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4489 on: June 08, 2021, 04:06:41 PM »
Guilty Gear Strive unlocked (for people who pre-ordered the deluxe editions on PS4/PS).

:phil

Oh, that might be the one I got. Will check later.

Bebpo

« Reply #4490 on: June 08, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »
So is this early release the full thing? Story mode and all? No day 1 patches coming in a couple days?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4491 on: June 08, 2021, 10:11:27 PM »
So is this early release the full thing? Story mode and all? No day 1 patches coming in a couple days?

It's the full game.  This was their "pay us more money and get it a few days early" approach some game releases have.  I did it because I knew I was going to get the DLC anyway.  The first DLC character is out next month and will be a brand new character, too.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4492 on: June 08, 2021, 11:16:56 PM »
yeah, I got it since I'll support their season passes for more characters

Bebpo

« Reply #4493 on: June 08, 2021, 11:50:38 PM »
Finished an arcade mode run with Anji.

Game is super fun and looks great. But man, so sad they really got rid of the fancy anime instant kills. I was told during the beta not to worry as they've always saved showing off the IKs until right before the game release since they're the visual showoffs to sell the game. But I looked at the command list and ...gone  :'(

Also arcade mode not having actual intro & ending movies is sad. Feels like budget cuts to focus on MP.

Music is great tho. Anji plays pretty good.

Bebpo

« Reply #4494 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:15 PM »
Oh and what they did with the final boss is sorta neat, sorta bullshit.

Bebpo

« Reply #4495 on: June 08, 2021, 11:59:27 PM »
Also while mission mode seems ok, no individual character mission mode/training with specific character combos seems lame? Unless I'm missing it somewhere...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4496 on: June 09, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »
More content is coming in addition to the DLC.

Some time ago, it was announced that Guilty Gear Strive would be delayed from its original release date of April 9. Despite the delay, we would later learn that certain planned features and modes wouldn't make it into Guilty Gear Strive on release due to complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, it seems that the developers intend to add these features into the game via future updates. "While this unfortunately meant that we had to cut quite a few elements and modes from the game, we intend to add them all in updates after the game's release, so expect new content coming in the future," said an Arc System Works representative.

The Guilty Gear Strive Season Pass will begin the game's DLC with five extra fighters. Our first character will be a newcomer to the series that will be joining July 2021. In August 2021, a returning veteran from a past game will also join the battle.

Additionally, a new Combo Maker feature, more customization features for player match rooms and a Digital Figure Mode will be made available to all players. There's no need to purchase the Season Pass to acquire this content.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4497 on: June 09, 2021, 01:04:12 AM »
Yeah, I can see them adding back IKs eventually since they don't really change gameplay much. Still it's kind of like Mortal Kombat launching without fatalities and maybe to be added back in later.

I watched some of the story mode, seems solid. Did an arcade mode run through with I-No. Damn she plays great here.

As much as I'm slightly miffed some of the features I like are missing, this is a fighter that looks amazing, plays great, has the best music ever for a fighter, has a story mode, some mission stuff, and rollback online. Pretty damn good package. Hopefully sells well and gets better over time with support.

remy

« Reply #4498 on: June 09, 2021, 01:52:43 AM »
I was thinking that maybe they took out IKs because they didn't want to dumpster characters like Nago. His bloodlust thing stunning him would be even worse if you could IK him when it happens. Obviously they could design it so you can't land it in that gap but at that point whats the point?

I know A.B.A who had a similar gimmick was super susceptible to IKs as well

Bebpo

« Reply #4499 on: June 09, 2021, 02:12:40 AM »
I was thinking that maybe they took out IKs because they didn't want to dumpster characters like Nago. His bloodlust thing stunning him would be even worse if you could IK him when it happens. Obviously they could design it so you can't land it in that gap but at that point whats the point?

I know A.B.A who had a similar gimmick was super susceptible to IKs as well

There has to be a way around that one instance. IKs were never really doable in competitive matches. They existed only to show off the graphics/animation and for newbies/casuals to hit each other with them here and there and watch the spectacle. I literally would do them once with every character in training mode to watch them and never use them again.

It sure sounds like it might've been a budget/covid thing...