Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428878 times)

Mods Help

Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »
Guilty Gear XRD coming to Steam.

Garou coming to Steam.

Uniel coming to Steam.

Melty Blood coming to Steam.

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend coming to Steam.

Possibly Last Blade 2 coming to Steam.

All we need now are Capcom Vs SNK 2, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 on Steam.

Right now is a great time to get into fighting games. When I mean get into fighting games I don't mean just playing them, but playing them seriously and digging into the layers that make them so amazing. There's lots of resources, and the games are easily accessible these days, especially if you got a ps4 or PC.

Need an entry level stick?

Go with a TE2 or Hori RAP.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Need a fightpad? Go with a Hori FC4. Jury is out on the new Mad Katz fightpad but the shape of it is made so that it can be played piano style so it shows promise.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

FIGHTAN GAMES.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 04:48:26 PM by bork »

Mods Help

Re: Fightan Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »
https://mrkingfunk.wordpress.com/2015/12/04/player-perspective/

How to improve your perception of different situations. According to that I'm high level. :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
Is this the fighting game thread or another Steam thread?   :P

SHIT TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR - DECEMBER 2015-

Guilty Gear Xrd (PC) - 12/8 Xrd finally comes to Steam!  Should you buy this?  If you have a PS3 or PS4, no.  The next version of Xrd, Revelator, will be released on home consoles in a few months.

Nitroplus Blasterz (PS3, PS4) - 12/10 Nitroplus Blasterz, despite the weird name, is a 2D sprite-based fighting game, originally-released in Japanese arcades earlier this year.  This is a crossover fighting game featuring various characters from Nitroplus games.  The home version features more playable characters, like Super Sonico, and there are also several guest characters, including Saber from Fate/Stay Night and Homura from Senran Kagura!

Should you buy this? If you like 'anime fighters', yes.  This game comes from Arcana Heart developer EXAMU, who knows how to make a solid fighting game engine underneath the cutesy 'animu' exterior.  Note that the game is scheduled for a localized U.S. release next month!

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition (PS3, PS4, Vita) - 12/17 Updated version of the crossover fighting game developed by Sega.  This is also a sprite-based 2D fighter, featuring mostly characters from the Dengeki Bunko light novels and their anime adaptions (so Shakugan No Shana, Sword Art Online, Toradara, OreImo, Durarara!, and more.)  Also features Akira from Virtua Fighter (yes, Akira in 2D!  And he kicks all kinds of ass!) and Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles.  All of the characters fight in various Sega game-themed stages.  The update adds in more playable characters and more support characters.

Should you buy this?  Same as the above.  This is very much an 'anime fighter', however it is also very easy to pick up and play in comparison to most other fighting games, with easy combos and special moves.  Almost everyone's specials are done in the same way, similar to the recent Capcom Vs. games.  Note that Sega only recently released the original Dengenki Bunko game in the States, almost a year after the Japanese version, so this is worth importing as we don't know if this will even be localized.
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:43:43 AM »
That chick uses cats to fight. Amaze.

That video is the craziest fucking thing.

Anyways, anime fighters are weird. I tried out BB's story mode, and it's a fucking VN, and the story is wtf, and there's a mode where a guy changes into a girl because of a book and lives in an all girls school. Just weird and anime as fuck in a "I have no idea if this is good or bad" way, but leaning on bad.

I definitely prefer stoic fighters.

I wouldn't take it as a Steam thread. It's just that those games highly interest me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:48:26 AM by Mods Help »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:35 AM »
Hori RAP.

I've owned one of these for 4 months and I've literally only used it for like an hour max. The stick feels wayyy too short to fit my hands and I'm not comfortable opening it up to put a huge stick in. :lol That and the little time I've used it, I can't throw out hadokens like I can on a DS3 D-pad. :doge

Mods Help

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
Switching from DS3 to Hori FC4 was such a good decision.

I want to switch to Hori RAP4, but switching will set me back on my game. I want to get even better before SFV, and two months is a bit to learn a stick, so i'm going to start learning around a bit into SFV.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
If only I had the money and space for a stick. My trusty Mad Catz Fight Pad will have to do.

Xrd, UNIEL and Melty on steam in the next few months MKX Kombat Pack 2, SF V and KI Season 3 (And PC version) in the first three months of 2016

Fighting games are back :rejoice

Mods Help

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
GAROU STEAM

ARE YOU GEESE'S LOIN SEED?

thisismyusername

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »
Anyways, anime fighters are weird. I tried out BB's story mode, and it's a fucking VN, and the story is wtf, and there's a mode where a guy changes into a girl because of a book and lives in an all girls school. Just weird and anime as fuck in a "I have no idea if this is good or bad" way, but leaning on bad.

That's Blazblue. Play Guilty Gear, the superior Arc System Works fighter.

(P4U is kinda a mix between the two with a splash of P4 fan service)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »
I wouldn't get hyped up over SNK fighters until they are released.  One of two things always happens:

1. The netcode is all kinds of ass.

2. Nobody plays online.

It's the sad truth, especially on Steam.  Like, KOF XIII actually has good netcode on PC, but was dead so damn fast.   :-\  Same with both KOF UMs.  Can't even find matches in those.

Last Blade 2 on PS4/Vita is supposed to be cross-play online.  If it has good netcode, it might get a decent little community.
ど助平

Mods Help

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
People play Garou on Fightcade. I play it on Fightcade and it's pretty active. I just asusmed that people would move to that.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 12:46:52 PM »
Unlikely, I'm betting everyone sticks to Fightcade. No one really stopped playing 3S or VS on GGPO after those hit console.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »
That chick uses cats to fight. Amaze.

That video is the craziest fucking thing.

I definitely prefer stoic fighters.

I wouldn't take it as a Steam thread. It's just that those games highly interest me.

I mean...if you're interested in Guilty Gear XRD, UNIEL, Melty Blood, and BB...then those two games I mentioned should be on your radar.   :doge  They are both way easier to get into than all those other games, too.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
Unlikely, I'm betting everyone sticks to Fightcade. No one really stopped playing 3S or VS on GGPO after those hit console.

Pretty much this.
ど助平

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 03:13:15 PM »
A week or two ago I had a SFIV crisis where I forgot how the game had to be played, mainly due to jumping to too many characters and they were some shitty characters (Dan, Dee-Jay).

Got back into the groove of things and I'm playing at my best now. My mains at this point would be Blanka and El Fuerte. I have to be careful as fuck as Blanka, his medium and heavy balls are easily punishable by anything. In general I have to play around with spacing and either let the other person make mistakes or be aggressive and rush in when they don't have time to react.

That can be said for SFIV as a whole, but I really have to pay attention to spacing with Blanka. His heavy sweeps, for punches and kicks, are excellent but are punished depending on distance. His light jab and medium jab are great pokes, his standing kicks are terrible.

Blanka's hop is probably my favorite move he has. Getting a hard knockdown I have three offensive options. Charge a Blanka ball and fly across to the other side of the opponent, a mixup that causes another knockdown. Jump over them with a medium kick into light jab + electricity. Or I do nothing, hop over at the right time and do a light jab into electricity.

Recently I was able to do a blanka ball mixup off an air to air trade against C.Viper. 

El Fuerte is based on match momentum alone, if you start mindfucking the opponent when it comes to footsies and spacing, you can do whatever you want. He has low health and his reversal options if someone scores a hard knockdown are terrible. Doesn't have high damage combos either. Incredibly fun to play as though, his light and medium kicks are surprisingly excellent, great focus attack, his second ultra is one of the best for damage and its unblockable.

I beat a C. Viper that had 16000 matches played, I played as El Fuerte, I haven;t fucked with him too much but he fits my style of play perfectly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:24:10 PM by mormapope »
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
Marvel versus capcom 2 online on 360 is terrible, but it made me see what's important in that game. Constant, never ending aggression and bombardment, choosing characters that do a lot of damage with easy combos, assists that have invulnerability or can't be juggled easily.

Guile is surprisingly great in MvC2, his anti air assist is excellent and he does decent damage just doing his typical Guile stuff.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »
This reminds me that I need to start playing on Fightcade.  I never do.  I keep on playing Ultra and some DOA5LR.  Need to branch out again.  I played some Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax yesterday.  Got my ass kicked but it reminded me how much fucking fun that game is.  I'm looking forward to the new version.

The games I think I have the worst times with are Arc System Works-developed games.  I did the best with Battle Fantasia but always get my ass handed to me in BB and GG.  I do have the latest versions on PS4 if anyone wants to play though.

In fact, we should post IDs here.  Hit me up on PSN and Steam for FIGHTAN GAMIN:

PSN: lyteedge2
Steam: lyteedge
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
Excited to peep Xrd on steam and whenever that KI pc port drops

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
Hey remember all those SNK ports that were leaked on steam?

They are all in the new Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Mods Help

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »
Main Games:

Ultra Street Fighter IV (Steam, PS4)

Sub Games:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (fightcade)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (fightcade)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (fightcade)
Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend (ps4)

PS4: pm me for details
Steam: pm me for details
Fightcade: pm me for details

mormapope

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
I'm only on 360, I'll try fightcade later.

If any of you still own a 360, I have:

Tekken Tag 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Garou
KoF 2002
KoF 1998
KoF 13
Ultra SF4
Virtua Fighter 5 FS
Soul Calibur 2&5
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus

Probably other stuff as well. I'll post my gemertag if anyone is still a 360er.
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »

Fatal Fury Special, ahhh, my second fighting game after SF2. Game Gear version owned.

One of the all the time GOATs.

mormapope

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 04:12:41 PM »
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's soundtrack is so good

OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »
Anyone wanna play old games, I'm down any time on Fightcade.

Lyte get Fatal Fury Special and let's fight it out on Fightcade sometime this week.

:rejoice

mormapope

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:10 PM »
Also, the majority of games in that bundle aren't steam versions, they're executables you run in windows.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »
Not even that. They are just roms bundled with an emulator

Mods Help

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 05:20:59 PM »
How the fuck do I have Fightcade (ggpo) to remember my inputs?

Mods Help

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
A week or two ago I had a SFIV crisis where I forgot how the game had to be played, mainly due to jumping to too many characters and they were some shitty characters (Dan, Dee-Jay).

Got back into the groove of things and I'm playing at my best now. My mains at this point would be Blanka and El Fuerte. I have to be careful as fuck as Blanka, his medium and heavy balls are easily punishable by anything. In general I have to play around with spacing and either let the other person make mistakes or be aggressive and rush in when they don't have time to react.

That can be said for SFIV as a whole, but I really have to pay attention to spacing with Blanka. His heavy sweeps, for punches and kicks, are excellent but are punished depending on distance. His light jab and medium jab are great pokes, his standing kicks are terrible.

Blanka's hop is probably my favorite move he has. Getting a hard knockdown I have three offensive options. Charge a Blanka ball and fly across to the other side of the opponent, a mixup that causes another knockdown. Jump over them with a medium kick into light jab + electricity. Or I do nothing, hop over at the right time and do a light jab into electricity.

Recently I was able to do a blanka ball mixup off an air to air trade against C.Viper. 

El Fuerte is based on match momentum alone, if you start mindfucking the opponent when it comes to footsies and spacing, you can do whatever you want. He has low health and his reversal options if someone scores a hard knockdown are terrible. Doesn't have high damage combos either. Incredibly fun to play as though, his light and medium kicks are surprisingly excellent, great focus attack, his second ultra is one of the best for damage and its unblockable.

I beat a C. Viper that had 16000 matches played, I played as El Fuerte, I haven;t fucked with him too much but he fits my style of play perfectly.

Changing characters definitely gets your wires crossed.

What really helps is experimentation though. For example I was having trouble with a friends Bison so I went to training mode to grind it out and find counters to his strategies and moves. Turns out, I enjoyed playing as Bison as I recorded him to do the stuff that's usually at me as an opponent. So I switched to him in training and liked what I saw. Took him to ranked and now I almost exclusively play charge. I love what happens in these games when you have an open mind. It's interesting how having trouble with a specific character and going into training mode to train against them effectively teaches you HOW to play as that character. It helps that playing a good Bison taught me what a good Bison is supposed to do, resulting in a pretty solid Bison game. While not every character will click, this allows you to get an immediate way to learn how to counter the character and what they should generally fear. After learning the character, your priority can be shifted to learning the habits of the person playing that character.

Learning how to effectively use training mode has upped my game 100 times and I find it crucial in a game with as many characters as SFIV even though my main priority is only one character - my main.

I'm looking forward to applying what I've learned and how to get better at a fighter to SFV.

The next time you feel stuck with your character and what you're supposed to do, watch replays and examine your weaknesses. Take it to ranked and patch the holes. Focus on training more than fighting.

mormapope

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
Ranked in SF4 on 360 is pretty much dead. However, there is always a huge amount of endless lobbies.

I watch replays a lot and try to spot what I did that was right and wrong, same with my opponent. For me, training mode is good to see how to counter shit and what beats what. If I stick to training mode for long periods of time, I end up getting worse. Playing Versus against AI at the hardest difficulty level is a better warm up for me than practicing combos or situations.

With any fighting game there will slumps, periods of time where things aren't clicking and the game isn't fun. Coming out of those slumps usually makes you a better player, and then it'll happen again. Rinse and repeat.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »

$10 legal GGPO.

In any case, no Steam keys yet = no sale for me. I need those +1's I'll never play. :'(

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:30 PM »
Yeah kind of a bummer most of them aren't Steam. M-muh trading cards. :tocry
Hi

Mods Help

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
Ranked in SF4 on 360 is pretty much dead. However, there is always a huge amount of endless lobbies.

I watch replays a lot and try to spot what I did that was right and wrong, same with my opponent. For me, training mode is good to see how to counter shit and what beats what. If I stick to training mode for long periods of time, I end up getting worse. Playing Versus against AI at the hardest difficulty level is a better warm up for me than practicing combos or situations.

With any fighting game there will slumps, periods of time where things aren't clicking and the game isn't fun. Coming out of those slumps usually makes you a better player, and then it'll happen again. Rinse and repeat.

Try endless then. Ranked is good for fighting a diverse pool of characters, but not always the best for learning. With ranked, you end up playing conservatively and don't go for risks even if they're yours for the taking because fuck it, why do that at the expense of points? And no matter how much anyone says, points do matter, and they will impact how you play.

Alternatively, switch systems. Ranked on Steam is healthy as fuck. Little bullshit and few scrubs. Lyte and I have pc version, and we can have rooms in it any time. Maybe you need to play with people you know and not randos?

If you're hurting for inspiration I highly suggest hitting up pro fighter vids who play your character and see what they do and try to implement it in to your game.

Have a local? Try some local competition to get that irl salt and rivalries a flowin. A lot of online put stock in ranked, but you'll improve 10 x over going to locals every week instead. Lots of online people use online tactics that get them creamed in real life. Try going with locals to help you on whatever holes you've got. Unless you have no options, online should not be your main method of learning. It should be considered mere practice for when you show up to locals.

Alex Valle touched on this very subject. Though arcades are dead, this still resonates as true even today:

Arcades are where you can truly level up your game against many opponents with no lag issues or rage-quitters," Valle says. "Maybe those rage-quitters can still leave mid-match and cause a scene or something. Playing online on a console is more of a tool for execution and strategy." In short: Play online if you want to practice, play in arcades if you want to fight.

http://kotaku.com/5248956/the-last-of-the-great-arcade-fighters

Replace [arcade] with [local] and it's still the same idea.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:35:17 PM by Mods Help »

mormapope

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2015, 07:39:01 PM »
I've been playing tons of endless Street Fighter for the past year. I wasn't having issues because I didn't know my main, I was having issues because I stopped playing other people for a bit and forgot how you have to play Street Fighter online. Every player will have bad days or even a couple of bad weeks, especially with something like SFIV.

My PC is ancient and through not legal means I tested SFIV on it. Even though I passed the test with an A, my pc version was dogged when it came to framerate.

I have a best friend that I play with locally. The scene where I'm at means driving a couple of hours, and I don't have the cash or vehicle for that.
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
Can definitely have off days or off weeks. Try not to take it too personally. You're right in that it usually results in you leveling up.

mormapope

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »
Another thing is learning a matchup or constantly getting bad matchups with your character. For Zangief players, Sagat will always, always be a terrible struggle. As a Blanka player, my worst matchup is against Dudley.

OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »
To be fair, Sagat ain't all that in SFIV. I'd put Dudley above him in terms of tiers.

Anyways, I'm on the path to mastering footsies. I have the basics down so I'm going through the Footsies Handbook and try to master each example to up my game.

I'm not sure if I've mastered example 1 yet, but it's working out for me. Playing a guy in Super Turbo as Guile and after a few rounds of beating his ass he went,"are you a girl?" "yea, why?" "you play like one"

He was real mad. Disconnected mid fight and went "controller came out of usb" and this was on Fightcade - a place I thought was better than that. :neogaf

What is Element 1 of the Handbook? Well...

lement 01: Momentarily step into your opponent’s poke range and quickly back out instead of attacking. This is Footsies 101. To see it in action, check out Mike Watson’s HF Guile demolishing some poor bastard – two consecutive full rounds of toying with his opponent’s natural reactions. This bait works well in tense matches, after extended periods of cautious zoning, or with charge characters who rarely walk forward.

:jawalrus

Great thing about Element 1 is I can implement it into my Chun Li game in 4.

mormapope

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:20 PM »
Dudders definitely has a lot more damage output and if he scores a hard knockdown, its a hellish guessing game if he does an overhead or low attack, both which will lead to another combo into a hard knockdown. But Sagat is more versatile when it comes to playstyles. His zoning game is scary no matter who you play as. 

His fireballs make the Zangief matchup absolutely unbearable. Snake Eyes said he needed to work really really hard to get used to that match up.
OH!

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2015, 08:03:16 PM »
There's a shit ton of fighting games in the SNK Humble Bundle brehs (and sis) get on that shit
yar

Mods Help

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »
What's Blanka's defensive game on wake up? What options does he have? How's his back dash?

Snake Eyez vs Bonchan :lawd

I need help understanding example 2 in the handbook:

Element 02: Determine which of your combos and attack strings position your opponents barely outside their effective reversal range, especially when facing characters with greater mobility. One of the best ways to trick someone into wasting meter and handing you the match is by making yourself appear falsely vulnerable. There’s no better example of this concept than the famous final exchange of the B3 SFA2 tournament.

#t=1h45m29s

The guide lists it at 1 hour 45 minutes and 29 seconds ???

I understand the basics of it in the abstract, but what I'm having trouble is seeing where Valle or Choi do it in the fight. So I'm having trouble implementing it. Any ideas?

mormapope

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »
Blanka has terrible wake up options. His main wakeup tool is the vertical blanka ball, not the one that has an arch, but the one that zooms upward. He has a decent backdash, but if he's put into a corner that's a really bad spot to be in.

I haven't watched that video, but based on the explanation, it sounds like baiting opponents out with your own combos or attacks that partially land or get dropped. They try to punish you, but whiff due to the purposeful spacing.

Sounds really similar to frame trap, but it has more to do with spacing than the frame data/frames with attacks.

OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2015, 08:19:40 PM »
Yeesh. So your best options here is to block. At least it simplifies the situation for you and only gives you two real options: high or low. If you block, you can punish the swiftness.

In the video, Valle gets cornered and he gets Choi to use his super on him, and it's spaced juuuust enough for Alex to tiger uppercut and take the gold. I assume that's it. But it's hard to know if that was a regular punish or reaction or if it's the example given.

mormapope

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2015, 08:32:55 PM »
Situationally it would be three options defensively, block low, block high, or tech the incoming grab. Online Street Fighters love to grab, but its typically better to eat a grab than eat a full combo.  :-\
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:08 PM »
I only throw people repeatedly if I think their skill level is low. If their skill level is intermediate or high, I only throw when I have the chance or trick into it through psychology.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
HRAP4 is on sale on Amazon again today, this time for $117  :lol
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SULMRI4

mormapope

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »
Arcade stick pricing being fucked up makes me pretty flustered. Fuck MadCatz specifically.
OH!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »
Do we all agree that Tekken is shit?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
 :sheik

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »

Chronovore is Itagaki!?

Itagaki is Chronovore!?

ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »

Chronovore is Itagaki!?

Itagaki is Chronovore!?

I agree with you, bb. It looks like the characters are having strokes at high level.

Mods Help

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »

Idk Tekken 7 looks pretty dope

mormapope

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
Tekken has been holding down the 3D fighting game genre since the PS2.

DoA is pretty fun but the titty and ass approach to character design is fucking boring, the most boring. Tekken has plenty of characters that have huge titties and asses, but at least they look cool. DoA's cast looks like generic doll people with shitty costumes.

The best looking character in DoA was the spartan from DoA4. I think everyone forgot a fucking Halo spartan was in that series.

OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »
The best looking character in DoA was the spartan from DoA4. I think everyone forgot a fucking Halo spartan was in that series.

Nobody forgot. Just that MS won't license that character to multiplatform.

Mods Help

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 09:13:22 PM »
Tekken really does hold it down. Gotta respect. DOA is pretty lol even if it's kinda fun, VF is dead as hell, Soul series is done.

I can't hate Tekken anymore. Despite the struggles they've pulled through. TTTT was pretty great as well.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
Why won't sega put VF5 on steam mods sempai

mormapope

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 09:29:03 PM »

Easily one of the best grandfinals in EVO history
 :lawd

Excellent commentary too. Street Fighter commentary is mostly awful honestly.
OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 10:11:13 PM »
Why won't sega put VF5 on steam mods sempai

I don't know. :(

TBH I would love to get more in depth with VF.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:10 PM »
OK, I take it back- Guilty Gear Xrd is currently $23 on Steam...and it comes with all the DLC for free.  That's worth it, even with Revelator coming in a few months.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »
ranked netplay is broken atm though

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
Arcade stick pricing being fucked up makes me pretty flustered. Fuck MadCatz specifically.
HRAP is $116 now  :dizzy