Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428849 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ Business Ninjas And Baikens, Oh My!
« Reply #840 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:25 AM »
Am also still not sure who to go with in Injustice 2 yet.  I enjoyed playing as Killer Frost in the original, because of her ground-icicle shenanigans.  Made for a great counter to zoners.  Poison Ivy has a similar move so I may use her for that alone.  I beat a much higher-leveled Flash player online yesterday by stopping 90% of his moves with that move alone.  :lol  This shit is so goofy.  I just can't take this game seriously.

Oh, and Joker is totally Shinsuke Nakamura.  Heh.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:59:44 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #841 on: May 17, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »

after watching aris fuck with people online and the gb quicklook, i'm very interested in the game. but $60 on x1 seems silly cause i already know it's going to die on xbl quickly. plus my wedding this weekend means i'll have no free time to play anyway so i'll just hope for a sale soon. i remember mk9 and mkx dropped in price pretty quick so i'll just hope this game does the same.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #842 on: May 17, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »
Wonder Woman is pretty solid...kind of weird that they took away her alternate stance from the original, but it makes the character easier to use. 

Supergirl seems OK.  I may use her too since I'm reading that the teleport attack she has is good for stopping zoners.

Gotta try the others you mentioned.  I spent most of my play time with Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn.  I need a good grappler to use.  I guess Bane and/or Grodd have replaced Solomon Grundy.

(Image removed from quote.)

after watching aris fuck with people online and the gb quicklook, i'm very interested in the game. but $60 on x1 seems silly cause i already know it's going to die on xbl quickly. plus my wedding this weekend means i'll have no free time to play anyway so i'll just hope for a sale soon. i remember mk9 and mkx dropped in price pretty quick so i'll just hope this game does the same.

Oh shit, congrats!!
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

? MKX x1 community was pretty solid

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:33 PM »
Oh shit, congrats!!
thanks!  :heart

? MKX x1 community was pretty solid
was it? well that makes me feel better about buying in eventually. i got mkx on pc so :gloomy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #845 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
First time in a while I watched NLBC and the Injustice 2 tourney was a great time.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144664613

Turned it off once SFV came on though :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #847 on: May 19, 2017, 12:05:10 AM »
KOF XIV pre-order is up on Steam- you can save 20% if you pre-order and you get access to the beta, which is on now.  The beta is also pretty much the full version of the game, with all the characters and DLC costumes available.  I can see why it's still in beta, though- I got disconnected or the game froze up nearly every match.

When it was working, the matches I played were great and the game seems like it might scale pretty well.  I'm installing it on my GPD WIN now to see how it runs on the low end.  Will also try it on my Surface.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #848 on: May 19, 2017, 12:08:20 AM »
$47.99 for a year late port. :kobeyuck

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #849 on: May 19, 2017, 02:44:38 AM »
Eh, it's not a year late and right now you can get the version with all the DLC for $58.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:53:46 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #850 on: May 19, 2017, 09:37:33 AM »
I had way more fun playing the KOF 14 PC beta, even with the lock-ups, than I have with Injustice 2 so far. :lol
ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #851 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:53 AM »
have u had a lot of issues with the kof beta? i've seen several people mention crashes and it got me sweating tbh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #852 on: May 19, 2017, 11:45:28 AM »
have u had a lot of issues with the kof beta? i've seen several people mention crashes and it got me sweating tbh

Not crashes...it locks up.  I'm not concerned right now, since it's a beta test.  If the final product is like that...uh...yeah.   But the devs are apparently already aware of the problem.
ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #853 on: May 19, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
hope it gets ironed out before release, i'll prolly wait for a sale anyway. dont have the time to play right now. especially with rev2/tekken 7 so close to release

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #855 on: May 22, 2017, 09:57:42 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #856 on: May 28, 2017, 01:21:47 AM »
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 is out. Pretty much icing on the cake and a final goodbye (imo) to the Xrd series. It's most likely the last balance patch, gives arcade story modes for the 4 DLC characters from Revelator (Dizzy, Jam, Raven, and girl in a guy suit), plus adds Baiken and Answer with arcade story modes + gives an "after-story" little bonus story mode that takes place after the end of Revelator's story. Plus it's only $20 if you have Rev. Basically takes Rev which was just about perfect and adds the final bits to make it even more perfect full package.

Given the sales of Revelator, pretty sure GG franchise is dead and this is just the last goodbye at least giving us Baiken. Will be playing this for years if there's no more GG.

Tasty

« Reply #857 on: May 28, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »
Anybody got tips for learning how to play Street Fighter 2?

Bebpo

« Reply #858 on: May 28, 2017, 10:34:31 PM »
If Ryu/Ken - shoot fireballs, dragon punch when people jump at you, jump kick, ducking forward kick -> fireball or super.
If Guile - turtle with b/db and flash kick anyone who gets near you while shooting sonic booms regularly and sometimes jumping, duck upper -> flashkick
If Blanka - Just keep doing blanka balls to piss everyone off
If Zangief - Stop giving a fuck and jump knee -> SPD

idk, that's how I remember people playing 30 years ago or something.

Tasty

« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2017, 11:26:57 PM »
Thanks Bebps!

I think I like Ken best so far but Vega also appeals to me for some reason.

Fwiw everyone said SFV Ken looks terrible but I love his new look. 👀

thisismyusername

« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2017, 12:50:21 AM »
If Ryu/Ken - shoot fireballs, dragon punch when people jump at you, jump kick, ducking forward kick -> fireball or super.
If Guile - turtle with b/db and flash kick anyone who gets near you while shooting sonic booms regularly and sometimes jumping, duck upper -> flashkick
If Blanka - Just keep doing blanka balls to piss everyone off
If Zangief - Stop giving a fuck and jump knee -> SPD

idk, that's how I remember people playing 30 years ago or something.

There's combos and super meter, if the Switch version is based on Super? But yeah, don't worry about it too much Andy. SF2 is basically fundamentals: the game.

Given the sales of Revelator, pretty sure GG franchise is dead and this is just the last goodbye at least giving us Baiken. Will be playing this for years if there's no more GG.

They fucked up doing their traditional route after SF5 said "nope" to that. They double-fucked up on Steam by charging $40 with none of the DLC characters after a year late or so port from the PS4 version. So, I can't blame the sales being sluggish on PC after they did it right ($20 and DLC included for pre-orders) on Steam in the past.

Edit: With Revelator 2 hitting Steam on the 1st, it seems they're trying to atone. You can get the DLC bundled and if you haven't bought Revelator, it'll be $20 extra for Revelator 2, + Rev 1 and 2's DLC characters and colors. Not too bad but still...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:02:09 AM by thisismyusername »

Tasty

« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2017, 01:43:36 AM »
It's mostly Super Turbo with tweaks from what I've read. :)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »
Given the sales of Revelator, pretty sure GG franchise is dead and this is just the last goodbye at least giving us Baiken.

Ah, there's that classic Bebpo pessimism!  Been a while!  ;)

Fwiw everyone said SFV Ken looks terrible but I love his new look. 👀

It's his face specifically that people don't like.  It looks...well, derpy compared to other games.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2017, 11:32:03 AM »
It's mostly Super Turbo with tweaks from what I've read. :)

Correct, it is a re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-you-get-the picture-rebalanced version of Super Turbo.  The game plays slower than than Super Turbo, though.  I believe it's supposed to be slightly faster than turbo speed 1 in ST.

What username said is the best place to start- fundamentals.  Check out this article and google some videos on it.  Once you get the basics down, you can play pretty much every Street Fighter and most 2D fighting games, for that matter, using the same skills.

SF2 in any form is very old-school.  There are combos, but there's less of an emphasis on them and damage is pretty high, especially from throws.  Something that they added in ULTRA SF2 specifically are throw escapes -you can now get out of throws- which changes up the game drastically and can potentially stop a lot of abuse/shenanigans, which I much appreciate.

Basic tips to start off with:

-Don't jump unless you really need to.  You might think that this is obvious, but so many n00bs/scrubs will just keep trying to jump in at you.  Don't do this...you will be anti-aired into oblivion.  You can, however, bait people into thinking you're going to do this, which then makes them throw out a dragon punch or flash kick, leaving them wide open.  You'll also be amazed at how many players you can take out by jumping very little (or not at all, in some cases), because they can't seem to comprehend this.  This actually applies to most fighting games and the same will work for you in SF2...up through SFV.

-When you do have to jump in, find out the best attacks you can use to land a hit trade or a clear hit without getting knocked out of your jump.

-Everyone has a way to deal with projectiles/zoning.  Find your favorite character and then find out if this is their own projectile or a special that goes over/through fireballs. 

-If you come across a Blanka who spams electricity, study up on which normals (or specials) you have that will knock him right out of it.  It's far from invincible.

-Ken/Ryu and perfect characters to learn the basics with and are all-around characters.  You might want to switch to Ryu since his super is easy to get used to for beginners, IMO.  If you want to try a charge character, go with Guile, although his super may be difficult to perform early on. 

-Master throw escapes.  They will save you in a lot of matches and when trapped in the corner.

-Keep grapplers like T. Hawk and Zangief far away from you!  You don't want to be sucked into 360 throws!  Alternatively, use T. Hawk since he not only has a nice 360 throw, but also has a dragon punch-like uppercut and a move that sends him from a jump down and into the opponent- so you get this insane combination of anti-air, command throw, and a method to easily get close to your opponent/stop zoning, among other abilities.

-Avoid getting backed into corners when able.  Also keep yourself in a position to be mobile.

-Learning character spacing and the best normals for pokes/combo starters are key.  This is the most important thing, IMO.  I can use basic fundamentals to get a foothold on just about any new 2D fighting game keeping this in mind.  People think that you have to spend countless hours in "the lab" training when you really don't.  That's for learning advanced setups and combos.

-At least right now, Violent Ken, Evil Ryu, and Akuma = Shoto ASSHOLES.  You will probably run into a lot of players using Violent Ken especially, because they are kind of over-powered and possibly even "broken."  I know that at least one 99% damage combo for Evil Ryu has already been discovered.  However, they all have less life and generally take more damage than everyone else, too.  Use that to your advantage.  Violent Ken's teleport is also very annoying, but you can knock him right out of it with normals and some specials (not fireballs, though), which can help to stop spammers dead in their tracks.

-It's SF2- matches can go fast and you may be perfected quite often.  Don't let this get to you...in this game, it's possible to lose from just a couple of attacks!  :lol
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:36:13 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »

this is the most adorable post ever made on this forum
pcp

thisismyusername

« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2017, 05:25:59 PM »

Andy. Specifically, the bit about SF2's stuns. :lol

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #866 on: May 29, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »
I watched that video earlier and the point it tries to make is bad imo. more or less all the inputs in vf5fs, the greatest fighting game of all time, are easy as shit and there is a broad input buffer. sf5 wouldn't be a better game if it had stricter inputs (tho it's a bit funny how he uses parries in sf3 as some sort of example of difficult inputs when the input is literally the easiest shit and sf3 would have benefitted from having parry inputs that demanded a commitment, so you couldn't guess-parry and unsuccessful parries could be punished, aka giving the game a stronger neutral, but lol ok). "making combos easier to execute" doesnt do much to decrease the skill gap between good players and weak ones, as good players will simply out-maneuver weak players in in a fundamental way. 

This also doesn't have anything to do with "players ability to express themselves" as that is mainly dependent on how broad the tool set available to any given player is. Laura has like three buttons that are useful and one meterless combo and one v-trigger canceled one. there arent situational tools in her arsenal. sf5 is bad because every character is so stream-lined they only ever want to do one thing, there isnt even any tactical decision making in choosing whether or not you want to use v-reversal or save for v-trigger since the latter is such a tremendously stronger tool – getting your opponent to use their v-reversal is basically a small victory in and of itself in that it delays their ability to activate v-trigger.

sf5 is also bad because the input lag was (& is still, i assume? i havent played in a while) too bad, they purposefully made the neutral worse by unilaterally reducing the range on your normal attacks, improving the dashing speed and reducing the walking speed, making anti-airs worse allowing more jump-ins, install v-triggers are basically the worst parts of sf4's ultra attacks and FADC rolled into one, etc, etc, etc...

there is lots wrong with the game that was done in an attempt to lessen the skill gap – which is inherently a fruitless pursuit, because, again, good players are just fundamentally better, you're never going to beat a good guilty gear player by just picking stylish mode (presuming you didnt take on a damage handicap in doing so) unless you also are able to play guilty gear as well as they do and out-perform them in the game. complaining that combos are too easy is missing the forest for the trees. A hypothetical game that manages to allow bad players to compete with good players simply by making the execution easy was never good to begin with.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #867 on: May 30, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
The only lesson you need for SF2: If you make a mistake, you deserve to lose

Tasty

« Reply #868 on: May 30, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »

Andy. Specifically, the bit about SF2's stuns. :lol

I'm familiar with this concept from Brawl fucking everything up, lol. :P

I watched that video earlier and the point it tries to make is bad imo. more or less all the inputs in vf5fs, the greatest fighting game of all time, are easy as shit and there is a broad input buffer. sf5 wouldn't be a better game if it had stricter inputs (tho it's a bit funny how he uses parries in sf3 as some sort of example of difficult inputs when the input is literally the easiest shit and sf3 would have benefitted from having parry inputs that demanded a commitment, so you couldn't guess-parry and unsuccessful parries could be punished, aka giving the game a stronger neutral, but lol ok). "making combos easier to execute" doesnt do much to decrease the skill gap between good players and weak ones, as good players will simply out-maneuver weak players in in a fundamental way. 

This also doesn't have anything to do with "players ability to express themselves" as that is mainly dependent on how broad the tool set available to any given player is. Laura has like three buttons that are useful and one meterless combo and one v-trigger canceled one. there arent situational tools in her arsenal. sf5 is bad because every character is so stream-lined they only ever want to do one thing, there isnt even any tactical decision making in choosing whether or not you want to use v-reversal or save for v-trigger since the latter is such a tremendously stronger tool – getting your opponent to use their v-reversal is basically a small victory in and of itself in that it delays their ability to activate v-trigger.

sf5 is also bad because the input lag was (& is still, i assume? i havent played in a while) too bad, they purposefully made the neutral worse by unilaterally reducing the range on your normal attacks, improving the dashing speed and reducing the walking speed, making anti-airs worse allowing more jump-ins, install v-triggers are basically the worst parts of sf4's ultra attacks and FADC rolled into one, etc, etc, etc...

there is lots wrong with the game that was done in an attempt to lessen the skill gap – which is inherently a fruitless pursuit, because, again, good players are just fundamentally better, you're never going to beat a good guilty gear player by just picking stylish mode (presuming you didnt take on a damage handicap in doing so) unless you also are able to play guilty gear as well as they do and out-perform them in the game. complaining that combos are too easy is missing the forest for the trees. A hypothetical game that manages to allow bad players to compete with good players simply by making the execution easy was never good to begin with.

The only lesson you need for SF2: If you make a mistake, you deserve to lose

Harsh!

Bebpo

« Reply #869 on: May 30, 2017, 07:11:12 PM »
Not sure if I'll pick up Tekken 7 next week. Never been a big Tekken fan, and it doesn't seem like this one changes much up from 6 besides better graphics and some characters + Akuma. However, it does have my favorite fighting game mode ever in the Treasure Battle which looks 100% identical to VF4/VF5 Kumite/Customization where you win customization items and make your character look goofy as you rank up, so that's really tempting. The last Tekken I really liked was the weird one at Tekken 4 where they added walls and made the stages more like arenas, felt a little closer to VF there, especially playing grapplers like King.

I kinda feel like if I'm going to get a single player fighting game after Rev 2, it'd make more sense to buy Injustice 2 over Tekken 7 since there's a more substantial single player mode. But treasure battle omg. I'll probably grab both when they're cheap, but tempted to get one of them at normal price next month.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #870 on: May 30, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Tekken is going to stomp all over Injustice 2.  But you want to play by yourself so I dunno. 

It has a lot of changes from Tekken 6 (or rather, Tag 2).  It's more accessible than the previous entries.  Lots of new stuff here including rage arts (super moves).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:48:15 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ TEKKEN TIME
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2017, 07:47:18 PM »
Lab Zero's Skullgirls is out for mobile now, adapted by the talented and good-looking crew at Hidden Variable.

Disclosure: I'm biased.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2017, 07:48:55 PM »
Lab Zero's Skullgirls is out for mobile now, adapted by the talented and good-looking crew at Hidden Variable.

I got that but didn't mention it...did you work on it?   :o  It's really good!
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2017, 07:53:03 PM »

I got that but didn't mention it...did you work on it?   :o  It's really good!

I did not work on it. I know  guys at both of the studios. I can help to kickstart their new project, and give them a shout whenever I can. It really is a good control scheme for a fighter on tablet.

Tasty

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #875 on: May 30, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »
holy fuck if that's true, awful roster :neogaf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #876 on: May 30, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »

Pretty disappointing.  But maybe the X characters will show up as DLC or something.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #878 on: May 30, 2017, 10:45:23 PM »

Pretty disappointing.  But maybe the X characters will show up as DLC or something.

That's been the rumor: Due to fuckery with Fox, Marvel wants them to be DLC or whatever.

But if they NEVER show up, well I can safely ignore this outing. Everything they've been saying about it has had me be apprehensive about it. This roster just seals it. That's a dismal roster.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #879 on: May 30, 2017, 10:49:33 PM »
Hulk and Hawkeye are there, that's all i needed  :P
OH!

Bebpo

« Reply #880 on: May 30, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »
Tekken is going to stomp all over Injustice 2.  But you want to play by yourself so I dunno. 

It has a lot of changes from Tekken 6 (or rather, Tag 2).  It's more accessible than the previous entries.  Lots of new stuff here including rage arts (super moves).

Why do you think Tekken will be much better than Injustice 2? I thought people were really impressed by Injustice 2 as a fighter?

Bebpo

« Reply #881 on: May 31, 2017, 12:00:22 AM »
I thought MvC3 roster was already a sizeable step down from MvC2's cast. If that's the real roster for Infinite, I'm out.

Tasty

« Reply #882 on: May 31, 2017, 12:45:10 AM »

That's been the rumor: Due to fuckery with Fox, Marvel wants them to be DLC or whatever.

But if they NEVER show up, well I can safely ignore this outing. Everything they've been saying about it has had me be apprehensive about it. This roster just seals it. That's a dismal roster.

*ahem* It's Marvel fuckery. There's nothing stopping them from using those characters and propping up their own X-Men comics, etc. The issue is Marvel is greedy and doesn't want to endorse Fox's movies.

Rumor is the X-Men will be DLC but that's already kinda lame I think...

Also wtf despite Sigma being half the cause of the entire plot of the game, he's DLC too. :lol Capcom. :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #883 on: May 31, 2017, 12:57:30 AM »

*ahem* It's Marvel fuckery. There's nothing stopping them from using those characters and propping up their own X-Men comics, etc. The issue is Marvel is greedy and doesn't want to endorse Fox's movies.

Rumor is the X-Men will be DLC but that's already kinda lame I think...

Also wtf despite Sigma being half the cause of the entire plot of the game, he's DLC too. :lol Capcom. :lol

That's what I mean. Due to on-going fuckery with Fox, Marvel isn't allowing them in the base game. So... :confused at you rewording what I was saying.

Either way, Marvel is dumb. Removing the X-men from a Marvel vs game basically kills all hype for me. Capcom going with Gems AGAIN after the terrible x Tekken outing just seals it. Yes, I know gems were in the vs series in the past. No, that doesn't inspire confidence in me post-2009 Capcom.

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #884 on: May 31, 2017, 07:32:33 AM »
The fuckery will me immense if this is real. It's going to get booed off stage at Evo for sure.  :lol

Launching with less characters than MvC3 despite most of the roster just being re-used assets from MvC3 and then re-selling the rest as DLC. What possessed them to think they could get away with that?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #885 on: May 31, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »

Why do you think Tekken will be much better than Injustice 2? I thought people were really impressed by Injustice 2 as a fighter?

I see a lot of praise for the amount of content, but not necessarily for the mechanics.  It's more of the same in that regard and it just feels super-unbalanced to me right now.

I think Tekken 7 will be better because I've already played it before and from a game play standpoint, it shits all over Injustice 2.  It also helps that it has a better soundtrack, art style, and presentation. 

I'm not really that big on Injustice 2.  I played it for a few days after its release and haven't touched it in like a week now.  I just don't find it that fun to play- like, I know how I can stop a lot of the projectile spam, but it's just no fun to do so.  I hate the way zoning works in this game and am not big on the engine in general.

I might sell the game off, but since I got the ultimate edition with the season pass, I might as well at least wait to see how all the DLC is first.  But I already know that this is just not a game I'm gonna stick with.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #886 on: May 31, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »
The fuckery will me immense if this is real. It's going to get booed off stage at Evo for sure.  :lol

Launching with less characters than MvC3 despite most of the roster just being re-used assets from MvC3 and then re-selling the rest as DLC. What possessed them to think they could get away with that?

The game will sell well enough and people will bitch and moan about the roster, yet buy it and play it anyway.  Like they do with every other Capcom fighter.

If that roster leak is true, to me it just says that they are probably going to pull an SFV with the game and keep on adding characters and content post-release.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:56:48 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #887 on: May 31, 2017, 09:12:48 AM »
The game will sell well enough and people will bitch and moan about the roster, yet buy it and play it anyway.  Like they do with every other Capcom fighter.

Was that the case for SFV though? :teehee Goodwill for Capcom fighters seems to be at an all-time low...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #888 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »

Was that the case for SFV though? :teehee Goodwill for Capcom fighters seems to be at an all-time low...

Yes?  It still managed to sell 1.6 million copies and has higher amounts of people entering to play it at tournaments.
:idont

There's definitely a pretty vocal group of 'pros' out there who play the game but clearly dislike it or dislike the changes made to it, who are just waiting to jump to Marvel.  And LOL if that game flops.

Part of it is the game being made more accessible to all players, however, and I disagree with that being a negative.  That is absolutely a good thing.  They need to stop catering to pros.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:57:54 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #889 on: May 31, 2017, 10:14:15 AM »

:hyper
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #890 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
Man, why is T7 digital $60 on PSN, but $50 on PC? Not sure what version to get. PC looks sharper/better and is $10 cheaper, but I have a PS4 stick and all my other fighters are on PS4 for when I have people over and we're switching between fighting games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #891 on: May 31, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »
Man, why is T7 digital $60 on PSN, but $50 on PC? Not sure what version to get. PC looks sharper/better and is $10 cheaper, but I have a PS4 stick and all my other fighters are on PS4 for when I have people over and we're switching between fighting games.

The PC version looks better and loads faster.

But it seems like PS4 would be easier to play on for you.  Plus if you do decide to play online...no doubt that PS4 is where everyone will be playing.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #892 on: May 31, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #893 on: May 31, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
Got home and ran to the Playstation

No Tekken

Checked my J-PSN purchases

All the DLC stuff downloaded, but the game didn't

42 GB download on PS4 = LOLOLOL

OWNED
 :trigger

With any luck, it will be done in 4-5 hours. LAWL.

But at least the PC version will be playable tomorrow, too.
ど助平

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #894 on: May 31, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
Absolutely shocked that tekken will end up being the best fighting game this year

thisismyusername

« Reply #895 on: May 31, 2017, 04:36:19 PM »
but I have a PS4 stick

That doesn't matter now a days. You should have drivers for it to play on PC. And if it doesn't, Steam controller will still let you use it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #896 on: May 31, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
Absolutely shocked that tekken will end up being the best fighting game this year

They had a two year headstart following the release of the arcade version.  I'm not surprised that it's super-polished.  Injustice 2 will probably still sell more and get more awards though.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #897 on: May 31, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Obligatory fandrex "just wait until Smash Switch" post*
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #898 on: May 31, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
He said "fighting game" not "party game."
[close]
:doge

Bebpo

« Reply #899 on: May 31, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »
but I have a PS4 stick

That doesn't matter now a days. You should have drivers for it to play on PC. And if it doesn't, Steam controller will still let you use it.

Yeah, you're right.

Bought the PC version!