Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428797 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ TEKKEN TIME
« Reply #900 on: May 31, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
...Although PC doesn't have the PS4 music jukebox option, letting you use music from Tekken 1-TTT2, plus some outfits like Jin's TK4 outfit.

Download still not done, but fortunately it becomes playable at 10GB.  Just some of the offline stuff.  Been messing around in the practice mode.  I am loving Eliza and Akuma.  Both are like playing a 2D fighter in Tekken.   :lol  Eliza feels a bit more SNK-ish to me, so that's my preference.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #901 on: May 31, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
I'm curious if Akuma will be the character that finally gets me into Tekken. I've played every entry since Tekken 1 and all these years later I've never gotten into it. To me Tekken is the game where you get juggled by a small move and your opponent does a full life/near fill life combo and the match is other. And you're supposed to memorize super long combo strings to juggle your opponent for 60 seconds until they're almost dead once you get a hit in. Never felt all that fun to me. The most fun I had was playing King and playing throw/grappler style blocking and looking for openings and then doing multi-part throw combos.

I'm gonna try playing Akuma like I'm playing SFV and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:18:13 PM by Bebpo »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #902 on: May 31, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
Preloaded on Steam since my cheap key somehow showed up early. Now I wait :goty2

Tasty

« Reply #903 on: May 31, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
He said "fighting game" not "party game."
[close]
:doge

:trigger :trigger :trigger
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #904 on: May 31, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
...Although PC doesn't have the PS4 music jukebox option, letting you use music from Tekken 1-TTT2, plus some outfits like Jin's TK4 outfit.

What is "Spotify?" Or any other numerous service and cranking the game music down while letting the other process run over it? :doge

archie4208

« Reply #905 on: May 31, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »
I'm gonna play King and use the Okada uniform.  Shit, that's half the reason I bought the game. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #906 on: May 31, 2017, 11:19:29 PM »

What is "Spotify?" Or any other numerous service and cranking the game music down while letting the other process run over it? :doge

Not quite the same thing.  This is like TTT2 and lets you replace stage (and I think menu) music with previous Tekken songs.  In other words, it fits perfectly into the game and starts/stops when it's supposed to.  Certainly a minor thing, but still something I'd use for comparison.

This game has music like crazy BTW- it changes every round now.

I'm gonna play King and use the Okada uniform.  Shit, that's half the reason I bought the game. :doge

I hope everyone gets something wrasslin' related so I can Bullet Clubify the roster.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #907 on: May 31, 2017, 11:20:56 PM »
SFV update is up as well, BTW- you get a whopping 50,000 fight money credits just for logging on right now.  Ed is unlocked, the big balance changes and added moves are in, matchmaking has improved, load times are a bit better, and the PS4 version also seems to have gotten a minor visual upgrade (at least on Pro)- with improved shadows.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #908 on: May 31, 2017, 11:27:33 PM »
wow 50k much stuff and wow

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #909 on: May 31, 2017, 11:59:55 PM »
Nah I was kidding about tekken, we been knew
(Image removed from quote.)

Bebpo

« Reply #910 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:16 AM »
I never even noticed the music in Tekken. But yeah, probably because not a fan. Only fighting game music I pay attention to are the classic SF songs and Guilty Gear/Blazblue buttrock because it's awesome.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #911 on: June 01, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

Yes, 50k just for logging on is a nice bonus that you can use to unlock stuff in-game with.
:ufup

Nah I was kidding about tekken, we been knew
(Image removed from quote.)

Poor Ono.  :'(

I never even noticed the music in Tekken. But yeah, probably because not a fan. Only fighting game music I pay attention to are the classic SF songs and Guilty Gear/Blazblue buttrock because it's awesome.

:crazy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:45:30 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #912 on: June 01, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
I probably should just sell off Injustice 2 at this point.

Played the game for a week or so and then dropped it when ULTRA Street Fighter II came out.  And I've had way more fun playing that game.  Yes, Street Fighter fuckin' *II* plays better to me than Injustice 2 does.  :doge
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #913 on: June 01, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
Doesn't it just play like Injustice 1 & Mortal Kombat? We all have our fighting game series we don't enjoy.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #914 on: June 01, 2017, 01:06:25 PM »
Just saw that the Steam unlock time for Tekken is 3pm Pacfic. Just as I get off work.

So now I just have to make it through today....shouldn't be too hard :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #915 on: June 01, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
Doesn't it just play like Injustice 1 & Mortal Kombat? We all have our fighting game series we don't enjoy.

Yeah, very much like Injustice 1.  (Some differences from MK)

It's not that I don't enjoy it, it's just that much like with MK, I find Netherream games to generally be stiff and rigid, gameplay-wise, and never something I can really take seriously.  I always play them casually.  They're also always never good with game presentation and music (they used to be; MK1-3 had some good tunes).

I used to think that American devs just couldn't do fighting games justice when it comes to the latter, but Skullgirls is amazing in that regard and is IMO the best western-developed fighting game out there.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #916 on: June 01, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »

Yes, 50k just for logging on is a nice bonus that you can use to unlock stuff in-game with.

Too bad there's v e r y  l i t t l e to want to buy. :doge

Netcodes still ass. Warping around characters.

thisismyusername

« Reply #917 on: June 01, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »
Ignoring my flippancy...

Wat @ Harley being in the Batcave. :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #918 on: June 01, 2017, 05:44:27 PM »
I might just have to Youtube all these cutscenes...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #919 on: June 01, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

Too bad there's v e r y  l i t t l e to want to buy. :doge

Netcodes still ass. Warping around characters.

Nah, that's all you.
:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #920 on: June 01, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
21:9 on PC, holy shit.  Gonna go try this in a second.

I just tested the game on my Surface Pro 4 i5 and it runs great.  Looks like Tekken 7 PSP,  but it is impressive at 59-60 fps nonetheless.  Scales well.

EDIT: Hmm..that was in training mode.  In arcade it's more like 40 fps.  Although still feels playable.  Maybe it's the lifebars?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:27:36 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #921 on: June 01, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »
I hope the soundtrack is hype in this one

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #922 on: June 01, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
Restarted the game on my Surface Pro 4...arcade mode now runs at the right resolution and is back to 59-60 fps. So the game for whatever reason changed to what appeared to be 1280x720 or higher the last time I tried it...so weird.

I hope the soundtrack is hype in this one

It's got some good tracks, plus they change on the second round. 

If you get the game on PS4, you also get (most of) the songs from Tekken 1-6, TTT1, TTT2, and Revolution to use!  :D  That includes arcade and arranged!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #923 on: June 01, 2017, 07:54:16 PM »
The PC version also takes fucking forever to unpack itself.  Someone said restarting Steam helps, but it didn't work for me.  Deleting and redownloading also apparently works, but it should be ready in another 8 minutes on my desktop.

Really want to try this in 21:9 and maxed.  I see that PC also has some extra visual options, like motion blur.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #924 on: June 01, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
So no idea what's up with the image I posted above.  I tried the game on my ultra-wide monitor and it runs with borders in 21:9:

???
ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #925 on: June 01, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
yea, i've seen lots of people not getting it to run in 21:9 after being told it supposedly supports it. idk, did ppl just assume it supported it or has anyone from namco actually claimed that it does?  :doge

archie4208

« Reply #926 on: June 01, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »
Just went 2-8 online.  :fbm

I'm bad.  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #927 on: June 01, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
yea, i've seen lots of people not getting it to run in 21:9 after being told it supposedly supports it. idk, did ppl just assume it supported it or has anyone from namco actually claimed that it does?  :doge

I believe they said it, and again....look at the photo a few posts up.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »
Wow, I am impressed with Tekken 7 on PC.

+Tons of PC performance options and it runs pretty darn smooth and looks good.
+Tons of customization options giving me VF4/VF5 flashbacks. This is what I want in my fighting games. When is Dead or Alive going to get Customization?
+Played as Akuma and holy crap it actually plays pretty close to a 2d fighter. Feels like I'm playing SFV sorta. Now I want more SF characters or more 2d-ish playing characters in.
+Cast is pretty big and since I spent all of about 2 days playing Tekken 6 and TTT2 before dropping them I don't know half the cast which is refreshing.
+Lots of modes
+I like the new newbie friendly super moves since you just hit 2 buttons when in the red and it looks nice and does good damage

-The training mode is ok, but it's annoying having to pull up your move list every couple of moves and quit out of it and try the move. Wish you could just go through the list one at a time like VF or Guilty Gear to learn the moves for a character.
-Since Tekken 2 I've only played about 6 characters: King, Hwaorang, Jun aka female Jin, Lei, and Paul and it seems like half those are missing? Not a huge deal since it's not like I'm big into Tekken and there's all these new characters to learn.
-One thing I've never been a huge fan of in Tekken his how high the damage is. Feels like matches are over in 10 seconds which just seems way faster/shorter than most fighting games. I guess I can mess with this in the options?
-Also in Tekken I always feel like the camera is zoomed too close compared to other 3d fighters. Would like to be able to pull the camera back a bit more like Soul Calibur distance or DoA.

Not sure what the point of Arcade mode is since there's no story and you don't get treasure? Besides the main "story mode" I thought each character had their own story/endings? Where do you go to find those?

Haven't tried online yet or tried with my stick yet. With a DS4 was playing pretty smooth.

Bebpo

« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2017, 11:07:23 PM »
Got the game running smooth at 1440p and high on my 980. Game doesn't support SLI but if it ever does I'll get 4k.
Was impressed by how it auto-recognized my Hori RAP and the buttons were perfect. Same with my bluetooth DS4. Now it's easy for me to play local vs.

Yeah, just overall amazing package. Probably the best Japanese game port I've seen on PC. Went and bought the season pass because I like customization items and I think I'll be playing this for a while.

thisismyusername

« Reply #930 on: June 02, 2017, 12:08:31 AM »
Nah, that's all you.

If you say so. Fighters are the only games that have that weird ass warping despite "green bars" connections.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #931 on: June 02, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »
Wow, I am impressed with Tekken 7 on PC.

+Tons of PC performance options and it runs pretty darn smooth and looks good.

It's really scalable- I'm running it on ultra at 2560x1080 on my desktop PC and at all low settings on my Surface Pro 4.  It runs better on the low end than SFV does.

I need to try some downsampling.  I never mess with it.  Any good guides out there?

When is Dead or Alive going to get Customization?

They don't care, since they can just keep pumping out outfit packs instead.  :doge

+Played as Akuma and holy crap it actually plays pretty close to a 2d fighter. Feels like I'm playing SFV sorta. Now I want more SF characters or more 2d-ish playing characters in.

Yeah, it's fun as hell using Akuma!  He can even do focus attacks from SF4 with LP+RP!  If you want another 2D like character, try Eliza, the vampire chick.  She has an SNK-style Terry/Geese/Rock projectile, a dragon punch, and a dive kick.  She was the prototype "2D" style character in Tekken Revolution.

-Since Tekken 2 I've only played about 6 characters: King, Hwaorang, Jun aka female Jin, Lei, and Paul and it seems like half those are missing?

??? Out of the ones you mentioned, only Lei (and his style) is missing.  Jun is only in the Tag games post-2, but she was replaced by Asuka Kazama in TK5 going forward, who plays similarly.

Not sure what the point of Arcade mode is since there's no story and you don't get treasure? Besides the main "story mode" I thought each character had their own story/endings? Where do you go to find those?

Arcade is from the arcade version, if you want that authentic experience, I guess.  It's pretty short, too.  There are individual stories too, which IIRC are like one fight long each and then a little ending.  I don't know how you play them because I didn't try any story stuff yet.

I spent all my time tonight testing the game on my PCs and then playing online.  It was great against American players.  I had a small experience with other regions on PS4, with the Japanese version, and it was pretty bad.  But the game also defaulted MY region to Japan, which probably made for some shitty connections.  The J-PSN version I got is pretty much useless because of this so I'm getting the American disc version tomorrow.
:stahp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #932 on: June 02, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »
Nah, that's all you.

If you say so. Fighters are the only games that have that weird ass warping despite "green bars" connections.

I don't know what to tell you, man.  You bring up connection issues every now and then that I don't have and I don't see a large amount of people experiencing.  So...

SFV is one of the better online fighters.  As much as I am liking Tekken, SFV is still the better game to me.  It also now matches you faster and loads faster than Tekken does.  Tekken 7 has some pretty long load times.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #933 on: June 02, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »
Yeah, I didn't realize Hwoarang was still in because he looks unrecognizable here. I thought he was Dragonav with the eye-patch. So Asuka is sorta like Jun? Ok, that's cool. Yeah just missing my drunken master then. Lei was actually my first main because coming from VF with Shun he was kinda similar with his various drunken stances. Wonder why they left him out here. I figured they'd add more of the missing characters as DLC, but reading up on the season pass, apparently it's only 2 DLC characters and they're both guests from other series? Hmmm...oh well, I will survive without Lei.

I need to find a new main in this one. I kinda like how Katarina plays with her hover slide dashes into attacks.

Bebpo

« Reply #934 on: June 02, 2017, 01:43:21 AM »
Weird, tried online and can't get it working at all. Hmmmm

Bebpo

« Reply #935 on: June 02, 2017, 03:21:42 AM »
Yeah, I had no luck getting into a match on the PC version for some reason. Auto-match make in player match had me fighting the ai for 5 mins with nothing. Then searching for sessions would show a list and I'd join only to have my entire game basically lock up since when you join someone is in a match and you lose access to all controls while waiting for the match to finish. Can't even hit start and back out? So have to task manager force exit the game if you don't wanna wait. Then you watch other people fight and move up the queue and then the session would always end before I got to fight :\ After about 30 mins never got a fight so gave up. Not sure I'll bother with the MP the way it's set up.

Started up story mode, it's alright. Don't really care about the main story, just want to play as all the characters and get their endings like the old Tekken games but I don't think that's how it works here. The character episodes are like 1 fight and a short ending, whereas the main story mode is just tons of cutscenes and hardly any fights. Doesn't seem like there's a satisfying middle ground of a bunch of an intro + arcade fights + ending. So I get the feeling I'm gonna be over the single player stuff in like a week.

But the core combat looks and plays great, has tons of characters and stages. So I guess outside occasional local MP, probably just be sticking to practicing in practice mode and then fighting in treasure battle mode or doing arcade mode runs. Nothing still lives up to Arc System Works games for SP content. Feels like GG Rev 2's $20 upgrade has more of a SP game than T7.

Game would be perfect for solo if it just had:

-A good tutorial mode teaching all the basics and advanced strategies
-An easy way to run through movelists in practice mode
-Arcade mode was longer (5 stages?) and had arcade endings for all the characters making an incentive to learn all the cast and go through arcade mode at least once with each

That'd be like 20 hours of solo content right there and a way to ease new players into learning all the cast.

Also the customization is a mixed bag the more I go through it. It's like instead of making dozens of unique outfits/items for each individual character like VF4/5 had, they made a bunch of clothes/items and tried to make them work/fit on every character. There's very few unique items to each character and so a lot of the clothes and stuff don't fit the characters that well because they're very generic. Also almost no unique hair options and just some shitty generic haircuts everyone shares.

But that being said, when you can still make cowboy Akuma with his flower bouquet, it's not bad:
[close]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:26:00 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #936 on: June 02, 2017, 05:11:36 AM »
Ok, tried ranked match instead of player match and was able to get into fight after fight. Sometimes I'd get dropped connections while doing a fight request and the game UI just handles them really shitty where it just freezes and you can't do anything for like a minute+ while it's waiting to connect and then connection lost. Feels like when they design these online systems they imagine a perfect world where no one ever loses connection.

But in about 20 mins I got 4 or 5 different matches. Lost every one of them with Akuma (because I'm fucking terrible at Tekken so I'm just playing like SF jump kick, ducking short, hurricane kick) until I finally matched up with a guy who'd never won a fight either and so I was like "hey, I have a chance!" and I won the first two rounds, then he won the next two rounds because I have no idea how the wake-up game works in tekken so I just keep getting hit everytime I try to get up (this has always been a problem for me in tekken) and meanwhile I don't know how to hit downed opponents on my side. Anyhow, the last round was really close and then I just barely won and got my first win, yay.

I'm not going to play as Akuma online anymore  :lol

I'd do way better just playing a button masher tekken character. Akuma can't mash almost at all.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #937 on: June 02, 2017, 07:19:07 AM »
Is all the NJPW stuff available in the US release?

Yup!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #938 on: June 02, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »
So Asuka is sorta like Jun? Ok, that's cool.

Asuka pretty much IS Jun, just better.  ;)

Yeah just missing my drunken master then. Lei was actually my first main because coming from VF with Shun he was kinda similar with his various drunken stances. Wonder why they left him out here. I figured they'd add more of the missing characters as DLC, but reading up on the season pass, apparently it's only 2 DLC characters and they're both guests from other series? Hmmm...oh well, I will survive without Lei.

Apparently they are also considering adding "legacy" characters too.

I need to find a new main in this one. I kinda like how Katarina plays with her hover slide dashes into attacks.

She's a good character to start with and was actually made to be easy to use for beginners.  I like her a lot myself. 

My Tekken mains the last few games have been Asuka, Alisa, Anna, and JayCee (Julia).  DEM FEMS.  Two of those are not in this game, but I could always take up Nina and some of Anna's moves are with Eliza.  JayCee is gone.  :'(  I did super-well with my crazy-scrub Alisa shenanigans online last night and may just stick with her, but I'd like to learn some new folks.  Like Katarina a lot and Master Raven looks cool as fuck.  Need some sausage up in this too but a lot of the grapplers in Tekken just don't click with me like they do in other games.  I tend to go for the faster/smaller female characters and the big grappler males.  I might take up Bob, though.  I always wanted to get good with him.

Yeah, I had no luck getting into a match on the PC version for some reason. Auto-match make in player match had me fighting the ai for 5 mins with nothing. Then searching for sessions would show a list and I'd join only to have my entire game basically lock up since when you join someone is in a match and you lose access to all controls while waiting for the match to finish. Can't even hit start and back out? So have to task manager force exit the game if you don't wanna wait. Then you watch other people fight and move up the queue and then the session would always end before I got to fight :\ After about 30 mins never got a fight so gave up. Not sure I'll bother with the MP the way it's set up.

Create your own lobby when doing player matches.  Then you can better control the flow of things.  You can't back out of the game when spectating, which is really fucking dumb, and I hope they patch this.  You have to wait until the match is over, then go back to the lobby, hit Y on the controller, and select the option to leave.  I saw more than one person ask in the chat how to quit out, heh. 

But the core combat looks and plays great, has tons of characters and stages. So I guess outside occasional local MP, probably just be sticking to practicing in practice mode and then fighting in treasure battle mode or doing arcade mode runs. Nothing still lives up to Arc System Works games for SP content. Feels like GG Rev 2's $20 upgrade has more of a SP game than T7.

Git gud and play ranked.  Put something on the line and see how you do!

Also the customization is a mixed bag the more I go through it. It's like instead of making dozens of unique outfits/items for each individual character like VF4/5 had, they made a bunch of clothes/items and tried to make them work/fit on every character. There's very few unique items to each character and so a lot of the clothes and stuff don't fit the characters that well because they're very generic. Also almost no unique hair options and just some shitty generic haircuts everyone shares.

So compared to TK6 and TTT2, they actually got rid of more outfit and hair options.  No idea what's up here but maybe more will be added later.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:31:07 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #940 on: June 02, 2017, 11:29:25 AM »
I might just have to Youtube all these cutscenes...
Turns out there's about 3 hours worth... :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #941 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »

archie4208

« Reply #942 on: June 02, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
Is all the NJPW stuff available in the US release?

Yup!
Only on PS4 :(

Nah that's incorrect.  I've been rocking the Okada outfit all day on PC.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #943 on: June 02, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »
Glad to hear I got incorrect news then! I've only played local VS so far, won't have time to dig into anything else until tomorrow.

Bebpo

« Reply #944 on: June 02, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »
Been picking up Lucky Chloe. She's just annoying enough to troll opponents, she has a couple simple launchers and 3-4 hit BnBs, some decent high/mid/low mixups, and a bit of that button-mashing Eddie capoeira. One thing is the characters need way more win poses/quotes. All she ever says is LUCKY CHLOE DESHITA over and over and over and over ><

Btw, I don't understand the point of Tekken music. If the music changes every round, and rounds barely go 20 seconds, all you ever hear is the first 20 seconds of a track. Just seems weird and probably why none of the Tekken music has ever stuck with me. It'd be different if the BGM kept playing between rounds so over 4-5 rounds you hear the full song.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #945 on: June 02, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #946 on: June 03, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
I love how King's rage art turns into the fucking Rainmaker when you wear all the Okada items.  :lawd

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #947 on: June 03, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
Omigod the story mode is REAL good and REAL insane

:bow Mishimas :bow2

eleuin

• perennial loser

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #949 on: June 05, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »
Some vids for those interested in going deeper into Tekken

Level Up Your Game (good Tekken info channel, very T6/TTT2 focused atm but that stuff works in T7 too) has a good vid with 10 quick tips for those coming from 2D to T7

Super good playlist from King Jae called Beginner to Pro. Goes over basics to in-depth stuff and even has a "How to use Practice Mode" video that I have started linking a lot to people

Also, though combos are not where I would recommend starting, Mihaaawk is working on getting some good strings posted up in video form for the T7 cast. He's not done yet but most everyone is there.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:06:57 AM by nachobro »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #950 on: June 05, 2017, 06:03:33 PM »
Also made some simple Lili customs

Rahxephon91

« Reply #951 on: June 05, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »
Is it me or does Tekken 7 on PS4 not work online? I can't seem to join any game beyond those I'm invited to.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #952 on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »
Is it me or does Tekken 7 on PS4 not work online? I can't seem to join any game beyond those I'm invited to.

I never got a chance to post this, but yeah- it's fucking broken right now.   :-\  For some reason, people aren't as vocal about it like they have been for other games, which is really weird actually.  I've had some luck in the tournament mode, but apart from that...it's busted.  I kind of forgot about this since I just shelved the game and have been playing the PC version instead.

But the devs are aware and supposed to be already working on a fix.
ど助平

FatalT

« Reply #953 on: June 05, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »

I was only able to get into one match. Every other match said I couldn't connect to the other player. Sucks but I'm sure they'll patch it.

Also Tekken is back, baby! PSN ID is FatalT1 if you want your ass handed to you by Paul Phoenix with rainbow hair, green fairy wings, a  car headlight on his forehead, and a green fairy-dust aura.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: June 07, 2017, 10:35:08 AM »
Got annihilated 13-1 in Tekken 7 yesterday, brehs.  I was glad to get some close rounds and the one match I won was with a perfect, but...damn.  Destroyed by a Paul player. 

Gotta make the comeback for a rematch now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #955 on: June 07, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »

Also Tekken is back, baby! PSN ID is FatalT1 if you want your ass handed to you by Paul Phoenix with rainbow hair, green fairy wings, a  car headlight on his forehead, and a green fairy-dust aura.

Oh shit, we need to play.  I need some vs. Paul practice badly.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #956 on: June 07, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
This is entirely a rumor and could be bullshit, but it's making the rounds.  And LMAO if true, since Capcom denied they'd do upgrades.  It would be free though so it doesn't matter.

Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.
But it'll be a free update.
It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.

But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?
It adds:
Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts
But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.
You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #957 on: June 07, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »
what are the odds of that update actually hitting anytime soon and with all that shit functioning properly?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #958 on: June 07, 2017, 03:23:52 PM »
actually hitting - 75%
anytime soon - 30%
and with all that shit functioning properly - 15%

thisismyusername

« Reply #959 on: June 07, 2017, 06:59:04 PM »
C. Viper... :snore

Nobody used her in Marvel, Capcom. Stop trying to make her happen.