Author Topic: Fighting Games Thread: GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2 GAROU 2  (Read 428836 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Fighting Games Thread ~ TEKKEN TIME
« Reply #960 on: June 08, 2017, 12:18:24 AM »
Treasure battle mode is really addicting :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #961 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:38 AM »
I'm working from home today, so I set up both versions of Tekken to do some gold/item farming--

1. Get a controller with a turbo button
2. Swap left and right kicks so that left kick is on X (PS4) or A (PC/Xbone)
3. Go to Treasure Battle and pick Katarina
4. Tape or get something to hold down X/A and enable turbo
5. Katarina will keep doing her 4444~ kick combo and will beat most opponents
6. Since you've got the accept button also taped down, any menu prompts to continue will be selected too
7. Put the controller down and come back in X amount of hours to see all the shit you unlocked/loot you earned.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2017, 09:51:32 AM »
Folks are also saying that after 2000 fights you will just unlock everything. I believe that counts offline and online matches

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2017, 12:20:19 PM »
Folks are also saying that after 2000 fights you will just unlock everything. I believe that counts offline and online matches

There's a screenshot, but no one can prove it's actually true yet.  Also 2000 fights is a hell of a lot.  But I wonder if I could do what I'm doing now in vs. mode with fights set to one round?  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »
Hmm...I wonder if you can just tape down two controllers and let them kill each other over and over.  It's still a battle, right? Heh.

Imma stick with the treasure battle method for now though since it's easier to get going.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »
Wait a minute-- what about disabling what counts as the attack for X/A on the 2P pad?  It would then allow for turbo and the press would only count towards rematches!  HMMM might have to try this.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #967 on: June 08, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
Argh, can't disable it.  BUT WAIT!  What if you assign left kick to a shoulder button?  I bet that will work.

But is it really faster getting to 2000 matches?  I checked my progress on PS4 and had 14 million gold and shitloads of custom stuff unlocked, and that was after less than 180 battles.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #968 on: June 08, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
After 8 hours of Katarina farming I was at like 600 wins, dunno how many matches total. Is there a way to tell? Just curious cause I figure I have to be close with that bit of farming plus all the time I've spent on it actually playing.

Tbh the easiest way to farm Vs matches would be to set it to one round, play as Yoshi, and do his seppuku move

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #969 on: June 08, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #970 on: June 08, 2017, 07:26:11 PM »
After 8 hours of Katarina farming I was at like 600 wins, dunno how many matches total. Is there a way to tell? Just curious cause I figure I have to be close with that bit of farming plus all the time I've spent on it actually playing.

Check the Player Information menu on the main menu screen.

Tbh the easiest way to farm Vs matches would be to set it to one round, play as Yoshi, and do his seppuku move

That's not one button though, right?  I don't want to have to sit there doing something for like 10 hours straight.  :lol  I don't know if I'm gonna hit 2000 matches played by later this evening, but I'm sure if I let it go overnight I'll be good.  Only gotta do it once!
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #971 on: June 08, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »
nope, not one button sadly.

and after about 15-20 hours of farming plus the battles i've played i'm at ~1800 fights so yeah it shouldn't take too long overall.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #972 on: June 08, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
Didn't check on PC progress, but on PS4 it's almost at 1000 fights, so leaving it on until the morning should be enough to hit 2000 or really close to it.  I don't hear any fans so it seems like just rematching over and over isn't being too taxing on anything either.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #973 on: June 09, 2017, 07:13:43 AM »
Progress report after almost 24 hours of this shit:

-Sometime last night, the PS4 version crashed.  Looks like it may have had something to do with the update patch that was released yesterday.  Installed the patch and went back to it.  When I woke up this morning, the game had crashed again (lawlz), but ended up with a bit over 1800 matches played, so I can finish that today.

-The PC version kept going strong.  :pimp  But it didn't hit 2000 fights either.  Close, though!  1919.  I brought my Surface to work and will let it finish out in just a bit.

Am curious to see if this will actually unlock everything for use or if all items will be available, but still need to be purchased.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:17:47 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #974 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
OK, confirming that hitting 2000 matches played unlocks everything for you straight-out-- no need to buy anything!

I didn't know that the gallery had movies from all of the past Tekken games, including endings.  Holy shit!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #975 on: June 09, 2017, 09:47:37 AM »
Bandai Namco just announced Dragonball Fighters, a 2.5D 3-on-3 team battle fighting game being made by Arc System Works.  Looks like it's going to be running on the same engine as Guilty Gear Xrd.  :drool
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #976 on: June 09, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »
That engine being UE3.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #977 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
Re: Tekken 7 unlocking-

LOL...Eliza still has some locked edit parts, even though the game said everything was open.
:dead
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #978 on: June 09, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »
Noooooo, why does ASW anime fighter have to be another series I don't care about :(
(Yeah I know dbz has a lot of fans)

If it plays well I....guess I will play a Dragonball game :?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #979 on: June 09, 2017, 12:30:22 PM »
Noooooo, why does ASW anime fighter have to be another series I don't care about :(

Guess you're gonna play a Dragonball game.
:jawalrus

BTW, this is Arc's what...fourth?  DBZ game.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #980 on: June 09, 2017, 01:23:02 PM »
2.5D = plays like the Namco Jojo's games or more like GG? I guess we won't know til E3.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #981 on: June 09, 2017, 02:41:09 PM »
fuck team fighting games

Bebpo

« Reply #982 on: June 09, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »

Guess you're gonna play a Dragonball game.
:jawalrus

BTW, this is Arc's what...fourth?  DBZ game.

Yeah, I read they did some 3ds games, but no cares about fighting games on 3ds  :)

2.5D = plays like the Namco Jojo's games or more like GG? I guess we won't know til E3.

What if it's like Guilty Gear Xrd with MvC tag system?

Yeah

thisismyusername

« Reply #983 on: June 09, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
That engine being UE3.

This, if there's anyone I trust to do the Anime look, it's Arc System Works. GG:Xrd is proof enough.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #984 on: June 09, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Is the Bullet Club T in the game or a custom creation?

Bebpo

« Reply #985 on: June 10, 2017, 04:32:38 AM »
Played an hour or two of Tekken 7 tonight and man it's so much fun. I think this is the first time Tekken is clicking with me. Guides and stuff never really helped me get the basic flow of Tekken, especially the ground game, but when you're knocked down trying to get up and how to pressure people down (I know the term is okazaki or something from VF but been a decade). I never really got how the knock backs or crumples worked since my only real frame of reference is VF. Never really got how 3d movement worked in Tekken since things track well, and the auto-blocking was always weird coming from VF. Like lots and lots of blocked hits in low-level matches because of auto-block. But the more I play, the more I figure things out and get the hang of what parts of Tekken match up with parts of playing VF.

Did pretty well online with Lucky Chloe whose the only character I'm maining since I really don't know any Tekken characters and it's like starting from scratch. Got about 5-7 wins in a row and then got wrecked by a good Katarina player. Did a bunch of treasure battle too. Hate fighting the special fights against Kazumi, I can get countered and combod to to death real quick with the ai.

I still have to try like 80% of the cast. I tried out Leo and went through his movelist and it's crazy because he's sorta Akira from VF (which is my main) except with simple baby commands for all the moves + VF Monk dude's stance switching mixed in. Like he's got Akira's B->F->F+PK shoulder charge but it's just F+LP/HP here. He's got Akira's F->F+P elbow with the same command, he's sorta got Akira's F->F+K in his knee up -> double kicks stance. And he's got the fucking SPoD in a simple 3 button combo, plus a bunch of other Akira moves and a lot of hard smash knockbacks/knockdowns. I think as an Akira VF player, Leo might be a good character for me to try to learn and use. The only problem is I don't use Lei-Fei Monk-man in VF because I'm not into stance-switching combos and Leo has a bunch of that which I will probably want to ignore if I use him :|

It's interesting how Tekken is like a fighting game where characters have radically different fighting styles almost like they're from different games, but somehow it works and is balanced. I mean that they threw in Akuma straight playing like SF and it just works is an example. It's kinda cool. Almost feels like a mugen fangame in 3d :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #986 on: June 10, 2017, 08:50:13 AM »
Still going in the never-ending quest to unlock all the game items.  So I've now determined that:

-Playing 2000 matches unlocks everything for everyone except Eliza.
-Eliza still needs to purchase some items.
-You can get 'rare' custom items for other characters in treasure battle, but it takes forever.

I have Katarina currently "bot-spamming" her way through treasure battle with RK mapped to X and auto-fire on.  Left it running for about eight hours overnight and woke up to find that a few of the items I still need for Eliza were unlocked.  The game just keeps giving me money at this point even though I don't need it any longer, lol.

I bet I've hit 30 hours of "bot spamming" already and still need a few things.  Insane.  On PS4, my offline rank just hit "Tekken God Prime."  :lol

Is the Bullet Club T in the game or a custom creation?

In-game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:56:43 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #987 on: June 10, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
Played an hour or two of Tekken 7 tonight and man it's so much fun. I think this is the first time Tekken is clicking with me. Guides and stuff never really helped me get the basic flow of Tekken, especially the ground game, but when you're knocked down trying to get up and how to pressure people down (I know the term is okazaki or something from VF but been a decade). I never really got how the knock backs or crumples worked since my only real frame of reference is VF. Never really got how 3d movement worked in Tekken since things track well, and the auto-blocking was always weird coming from VF. Like lots and lots of blocked hits in low-level matches because of auto-block. But the more I play, the more I figure things out and get the hang of what parts of Tekken match up with parts of playing VF.

Did pretty well online with Lucky Chloe whose the only character I'm maining since I really don't know any Tekken characters and it's like starting from scratch. Got about 5-7 wins in a row and then got wrecked by a good Katarina player. Did a bunch of treasure battle too. Hate fighting the special fights against Kazumi, I can get countered and combod to to death real quick with the ai.

I still have to try like 80% of the cast. I tried out Leo and went through his movelist and it's crazy because he's sorta Akira from VF (which is my main) except with simple baby commands for all the moves + VF Monk dude's stance switching mixed in. Like he's got Akira's B->F->F+PK shoulder charge but it's just F+LP/HP here. He's got Akira's F->F+P elbow with the same command, he's sorta got Akira's F->F+K in his knee up -> double kicks stance. And he's got the fucking SPoD in a simple 3 button combo, plus a bunch of other Akira moves and a lot of hard smash knockbacks/knockdowns. I think as an Akira VF player, Leo might be a good character for me to try to learn and use. The only problem is I don't use Lei-Fei Monk-man in VF because I'm not into stance-switching combos and Leo has a bunch of that which I will probably want to ignore if I use him :|

It's interesting how Tekken is like a fighting game where characters have radically different fighting styles almost like they're from different games, but somehow it works and is balanced. I mean that they threw in Akuma straight playing like SF and it just works is an example. It's kinda cool. Almost feels like a mugen fangame in 3d :lol

Leo is a girl.
:uguu

I've determined that I'm basically a huge scrub in this game and get wrecked by anyone with any real skill.   :lol  It's just not clicking for me for some reason.  But I also haven't had much time to play since I've been on-call for work the last week and it severely limits the time I have to play games or play others online.

I still haven't decided on a main yet (or tried everyone, too).  Coming from previous games, Asuka and Alisa are the most familiar, but I'm not sure if I want to go with either.  I also am interested in that "hybrid style" with Akuma and Eliza.  But I dunno. 
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #988 on: June 10, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #989 on: June 10, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »
Bandai Namco just announced Dragonball Fighters, a 2.5D 3-on-3 team battle fighting game being made by Arc System Works.  Looks like it's going to be running on the same engine as Guilty Gear Xrd.  :drool

Looks pretty hot.

archie4208

« Reply #990 on: June 10, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »
Tekken 7 is pretty damn amazing/addicting.  Tekken still remains king as a casual Local Play game as per usual.

Now that online is fixed finding a match is now possible without jumping through a million hoops, but it still has some issues. Once you're in the game everything is fine, at least until someone's connection randomly becomes trash.

Then you lose about 10 games in a row and have generated enough sodium to last a week.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #991 on: June 10, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »
Almost 24 hours later (again) and the game still hasn't unlocked everything.   :lol
:dead

Missing one hit spark effect for Eliza on PS4.  At this point, I give up trying to farm it.  I'll try playing with her in treasure battle later on to see if I can get it.

On PC, I'm hissing three hit spark effects for her and one outfit piece.  I don't care about the hit sparks but I want that outfit, so I'm probably going to do more farming after I give it a rest for a bit.  Maybe I'll try playing as Eliza on there too.  Should theoretically be faster that way.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #992 on: June 11, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
Image size'd:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

#accurate

archie4208

« Reply #993 on: June 11, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »
No it isn't.  :maf

Tasty

« Reply #994 on: June 11, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
Homo in denial. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #995 on: June 11, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
didn't need that pic to know im a massivewaifufag

Bebpo

« Reply #996 on: June 11, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
That picture's cringe. With all the homophobic and waifu/rape comments feels written by a GGer :/

thisismyusername

« Reply #997 on: June 11, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »
Homo in denial. :lol

I mean to be fair: Leo has been boy/girl switching throughout the series. :doge

The King one is extremely accurate. I don't know anyone but furries that play him.

Bebpo

« Reply #998 on: June 11, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »
The fuck? King's the original grappler character, if you main grapplers. I play Zangief, Wolf and Jeffery, so King was my Tekken grappler back in T2/T3 days. The combo throws were pretty badass.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #999 on: June 11, 2017, 06:44:11 PM »
DBZ looked fucking amazing on that Microsoft E3 stream. :drool
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1000 on: June 11, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
DBZ looked fucking amazing on that Microsoft E3 stream. :drool

PC version :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Switch version when? :leon
[close]

I do like BT better than 2D/Budokai, but if ASW is as good as they say this should be fucking great. Imagine DBZ at Evo. That hype. :drool

thisismyusername

« Reply #1001 on: June 11, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
The fuck? King's the original grappler character, if you main grapplers. I play Zangief, Wolf and Jeffery, so King was my Tekken grappler back in T2/T3 days. The combo throws were pretty badass.

That's all well and good. But closet furries and open furries play him. No lies detected. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1002 on: June 11, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »

:lawd

That trailer is fucking HYPE.  Marvel Vs. Capcom PUT ON BLAST.

Switch version when? :leon

I wonder if we'll see something from them on Switch.  I know they announced a BlazBlue game but so far no info.  Guilty Gear Xrd got a PS3 port so I don't see why the Switch couldn't handle it.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1003 on: June 12, 2017, 01:54:06 AM »
DBZ Fighter is the MVC we deserve, fuck that Infinite shit.

MVC Infinite is like if a DBZ fighting game didn't have any Saiyans, lol.

Bebpo

« Reply #1004 on: June 12, 2017, 04:04:40 AM »
I can't believe that's 3d. It's so purposely choppy like their ps2 licensed fighters like Fist/Sengoku it's crazy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1005 on: June 12, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
Studio Saizensen, the developer behind Code of Princess and Umihara Kawase is developing a new crossover fighter called Blade Strangers for PS4, Switch, and PC.

Blade Strangers features Mission Mode, Versus Mode, Training Mode, and Online Mode with gameplay that compares to a mixture of Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, and the easy inputs of Smash Bros.

:leon

But with Nicalis as the publisher, I wonder if it will ever come out.  :doge
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1006 on: June 14, 2017, 05:35:38 AM »

game is gonna be huge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1007 on: June 14, 2017, 07:14:59 AM »
I can see it getting big enough to replace Marvel. 
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1008 on: June 14, 2017, 04:48:35 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #1009 on: June 15, 2017, 11:29:54 PM »
Anyone up for some T7 matches on PC now?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

thisismyusername

« Reply #1011 on: June 17, 2017, 06:38:47 AM »
So, Harada is reportedly as CEO. Maybe some sort of announcement this weekend?

I can see it getting big enough to replace Marvel.

That depends on if "Capcucks" as the kids would replace it as (Capkids as older folks would say) their main fighter, and since those guys are deep into the Capcom kool-aid, it remains to be seen.

If those folks finally jump ship, Capcom is in trouble.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

thisismyusername

« Reply #1013 on: June 17, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/876205714070319104

Now, if only Forza Horizon 3, Phantom Dust, et. al. would hit Steam... :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1014 on: June 17, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
I read something about games being on the Windows store means no mods...

...so hopefully this means mods for KI.  I'd start playing it if they can do some performance-based mods so I could play it on my GPD WIN.
ど助平

Beezy

« Reply #1015 on: June 17, 2017, 10:36:18 PM »
nvm

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1016 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
iirc windows store is no mods and no sli, so hopefully both of those change. however i already have the game free on win store since i have it on xbone so i dunno if i'll buy it again for actual money. :doge

been messing around with josie in tekken. she really is a lot like bruce but she feels easier. and that damage :aah

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1017 on: June 17, 2017, 11:34:23 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1018 on: June 18, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »
Tekken top 8 at CEO was really good but this Injustice 2  :delicious

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Bebpo

« Reply #1019 on: June 18, 2017, 06:27:12 PM »

Looks awesome. They really nailed the PS1 fighters 2d look.