Author Topic: The United Kingdom's 100 year plan? Failed. America Was Always Greater  (Read 18124 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

UK votes to leave the EU.

I hereby retroactively declare

-New Romanticism was trash
-Grime is corny
-Dr Who was never good

be racist and xenophobic brehs

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
As someone who may or may not be deep in the forex game, today may or may not have been very stressful.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
As someone who may or may not be deep in the forex game, today may or may not have been very stressful.

You'll still be able to import your foreign prostitutes no worries bro. 

Phoenix Dark

Apparently some officials who supported leaving are claiming the pound's currently titanic crash is due to government propaganda
:dead

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Dr Who kinda wasn't ever good, at least consistently

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Like the entire world all told them that this was a bad idea SMH

TBH I hope this results in a common wealth free movement program.  That's my dream.  Most Canadian's aren't brown.  They should be OK with us.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
But yeah, Britain trying to race US to the bottom I guess

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

You'll still be able to import your foreign prostitutes no worries bro.

Well yeah, someone may or may not have made bets that the CHF would go back to being free floating in the recent past.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
trump in the usa

britain out of the eu

guess germany won after all

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
how can we be greater based on not leaving the EU when they never even let us into the EU in the first place? ??? :smug
QED

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Will this make SCOTCH cheaper or more expensive, yes or no?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
its already cheaper if you import directly now

my old boss is buying a rolex from the uk today

Kara

So where is the financial industry going to move to? Ireland seems obvious, but Cyprus has the whole "already bloated banking industry" thing going for it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
600k till its official. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Man bet the Scots are pissed they stayed now. 

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
@kara: it will mostly stay in the city

Man bet the Scots are pissed they stayed now.

there will be a new referendum in scotland now

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

-New Romanticism was trash
-Grime is corny
-Dr Who was never good

You're wrong x3 but I still love you.

Mandark

• Icon
Wait, what does this mean for soccer work permits?  EPL gonna be straight trash, isn't it?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
naaah rich blacks and euros are ok, just poors should drown in channel /farage

it will impact epl buying power as their money is worth less

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Let's all just hightail to Canada
püp

Kara

naaah rich blacks and euros are ok, just poors should drown in channel /farage

it will impact epl buying power as their money is worth less

Nah man, I remember City having this problem a few years ago. If you're not a player from a country in the top 70 or something of the FIFA rankings your odds of getting a work permit are slim.

Not that La Liga hasn't left the Prem in the dust already though. :hitler

Syph

Nigel Farage still GOAT though especially since this will give him free reign to make entertaining rants against the EU
Small victories
Still crazy this is happening; markets this morning were reflective of a thinking that Remain would win...guess not
XO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Syph

:dead
XO

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
So is it going to be cheaper to buy UK shit? Bouta order some frost dvds and some pal exclusive videogames
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Nigel Farage still GOAT though especially since this will give him free reign to make entertaining rants against the EU
Small victories
Still crazy this is happening; markets this morning were reflective of a thinking that Remain would win...guess not

small victories for small people

Mandark

• Icon
Nah man, I remember City having this problem a few years ago. If you're not a player from a country in the top 70 or something of the FIFA rankings your odds of getting a work permit are slim.

Not that La Liga hasn't left the Prem in the dust already though. :hitler

This is always an issue in FM.  Work permits are typically limited to foreign players who are regularly capped by their national team IIRC (this is why you don't see a ton of second-tier Brazilian and Argentine players) but EU citizenship bypasses that.

Might see a shift back towards the mid-90's EPL of mostly British rosters with one or two continentals to add flair.  Outside the handful of huge spenders, of course.

Traveling to the UK just became shit again. It was a breeze. Just land and go. Back to the days of infinite customs waiting lines.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
So is it going to be cheaper to buy UK shit? Bouta order some frost dvds and some pal exclusive videogames

Truly the end times  :goty2

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Sinn Fein calling for referendum for a united Ireland

Scot nationals saying Scotland will stay in Eu

UK will soon be England and Wales

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
United Kingdom of Lesser Britain
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:49:41 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Kara

Sinn Fein calling for referendum for a united Ireland

Scot nationals saying Scotland will stay in Eu

UK will soon be England and Wales

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Benedict Arnold takes another L.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I haven't been following this since 1) I'm not British and 2) Not part of Europe, so: Explain to me, what is the pros/cons of them leaving?

Phoenix Dark

I haven't been following this since 1) I'm not British and 2) Not part of Europe, so: Explain to me, what is the pros/cons of them leaving?
You sure you're not British?

Klelk

The stay campaign tried to bully the electorate and it back fired.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
The stay campaign tried to bully the electorate and it back fired.

Good thing none of the negative things they predicted will actually happen
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Don't worry England and Wales can rely on their vast stockpiles of timber and oil and follow the Norwegian model.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Already backpeddling its disgusting really that poor Brits fell for this shitlord

seagrams hotsauce

oh lord pds new avi  :dead

Tasty

David Cameron steps down :dead

What a fuckup :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
enjoy a nazikip government uk

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Is there any subject your opinion on isn't utter shit Dufus?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
David Cameron steps down :dead

What a fuckup :lol

Would you expect him to stay tho ? Stepping down is the only logical thing to do.
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Is it? When your country is in shock and the pound is falling do you step down and cause more panic?

Tasty

Yeah most in the GAF thread were saying he'd stick around so the economy would stabilize a bit.

NOPE.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Can someone explain to me what happened in the form of erotic Candyman fan fiction?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i understand, but I want erotic Candyman fanfic
[close]
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Is it? When your country is in shock and the pound is falling do you step down and cause more panic?

When your country tells you were wrong all along on a key issue, you kind of do. There's plenty of no doubt indispensable men ready to line up for the position and they are all equally as not magical as Cameron.
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
51.9% vs 48.1%

That's not "the country" but the tiniest majority country is split as fuck and polarized.

Honestly the nerve of people proclaiming the "country has voted" or "major victory" are dicks, further splitting the country apart

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:06:34 AM by Premium Lager »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
51.9% vs 48.1%

That's not "the country" but the tiniest majority country is split as fuck and polarized.

That's the democratic rules, will of the majority is the will of the country. Not ideal but it's still the less bad option. :yeshrug Still better than doing two referendums or ignoring a "No" majority vote :neogaf
ὕβρις

benjipwns

the government can just ignore the results, it's not binding on parliament

there was already talk about doing a "negotiation" with the EU and then having a second referendum to confirm it before invoking article 50

blue is leave, yellow is stay:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:40:56 AM by benjipwns »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
https://twitter.com/tauriqmoosa/status/746226005979725824

:nintendo :nintendo :nintendo :nintendo
haha yet another taco i am inexplicably blocked by without having interacted with or even heard of! If you dare interact with any gg type people ever you get added to autoblockbot lists it seems. Fucking cowards.
Hi

benjipwns

VomKriege

• Do the moron
blue is stay, yellow is leave:

Don't you have that reversed ?
ὕβρις

Take My Breh Away

enjoy a nazikip government uk

Nah, he's gonna fuck off and retire from politics to take up his destiny as a rent-a-quote after this while disbanding UKIP. Too many skeletons regarding offshore tax havens for UKIP, including one in Gibraltar and in party pork troughing in Europe claiming maximum expenses for a low attendance rate (Despite the fact British MEP Salaries were taken from British tax payers money) which was put in various offshore accounts. The minute he would get elected, the papers would have blown up with financial scandals and took down the party anyway. Winning this means he's gone out with a bang and he can dismantle UKIP before papers that were pro-remain really start looking into his finances.

This shit's been in Private Eye for years. He's a well known tax dodger. Just too politically "Important" to touch.   

benjipwns

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Spain proposes "joint control" over Gibraltar

the vultures are out already to pick the corpse of the empire

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
The British really are more American than expected, voting against your own interests in the name of fear and wanting a white blanket covering an entire country  :pacspit

OH!