Author Topic: VOAT Containment Megathread of Trash People for Trash People  (Read 2927741 times)

Himu

Re: 🚨 Other Forum Megathread of...WTF OPPO DROPPO?! 🚨
« Reply #22740 on: August 09, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »
You can't even joke about Pedor0x?

:lol what the fuck?

No and it has some of us convinced that Ami shared his "fetish" with Evi and they both indulged due to the absolute hard line stance being taken against any joking of Ami/inability to talk about Ami.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22743 on: August 09, 2017, 05:33:58 PM »
Update: Goncharov just emailed Engadget with the following: "The new controversial filters will be removed in the next few hours."

Well, that didn't take long.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #22744 on: August 09, 2017, 05:47:16 PM »
Damn, the filters are already gone. I'm glad I rushed to, you know, do the right thing.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was just about to run Rachel Dolezal through it
[close]
serge

Raist

« Reply #22745 on: August 09, 2017, 05:53:18 PM »

studyguy

pause

parallax

« Reply #22747 on: August 09, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

I got permed for an Amir0x reference far more benign than that. :holeup

Dude's lucky (or maybe unlucky) Evilore or Besada didn't see that.

My ban message says it was an account suicide even though that's a pretty soft comment and minutes before I made a normal post in the Vita thread.  ::)

I'm saltier about that being the post that got me than I am about getting banned.

you got permed taco? and over that? thats light as shit

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #22748 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »
Going out by taking shots at Amir0x and the way the mods handled the situation is probably the most noble of GAF deaths at this point.

The mods can't possibly feel like the good guys in the equation for sweeping that stuff under the rug. I like how it went from "we're not protecting that piece of shit" and "no one is stopping you from talking about it" to a few weeks later they're handing out permas for just invoking his username.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #22749 on: August 09, 2017, 06:59:39 PM »

Raist

« Reply #22750 on: August 09, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #22751 on: August 09, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
Indian trump is best trump

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #22752 on: August 09, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »
I don't understand how this is problematic

agrajag

« Reply #22753 on: August 09, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »
Indian and Asian Trump look like they could be real people

etiolate

« Reply #22754 on: August 09, 2017, 07:29:29 PM »
Also, if Indian Trump had a bigger mustache, he'd look just like what I imagine Wrath's dad looks like.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #22755 on: August 09, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »
What the hell is happening with black Trump's hair. Looks like folded skin. :holeup

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #22756 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »
What the hell is happening with black Trump's hair. Looks like folded skin. :holeup

Trurl

« Reply #22757 on: August 09, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245759748&postcount=859

I just.. oh God here I go. I remember GAF as a foundry of awesomeness. As a source of information and opinion that I would find constantly relevant, entertainmentimg and refreshing. And *something* HAS changed. I've met Evilore a number of times and he's consistently grateful and gracious. And handsome and typically surrounded by really, really attractive girls. That's probably a product of the environments I meet him in but whatever. This is HIS joint. We're all just pulling up bar stools. But something is rotten in Denmark. Maybe the negativity is a reflection of the times. But I don't like it. And I'm going to say so.

Shuri

« Reply #22758 on: August 09, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
It's getting pretty embarrassing to see a NeoGaf slowly turn into a police-bashing forum. Police brutality and fuckups cannot be excused, but the constant barrage of "fuck cops" in every thread is terribly juvenile

venereology

« Reply #22759 on: August 09, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
nah. the entire police institution at this point is so fucked that it's not worth going to bat for. even the "good ones" are still a cog in that machine. maybe they're good people but I'm not going to pretend that the bad seeds are the minority.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22760 on: August 09, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »
on NeoGAF.com it's usually just the knee-jerkism "look at me, I'm a good ally aren't I" type thing though

few of them explore the concept of police abuse beyond "they're racist pigs", let alone comprehend the incentives that have been brought into the criminal justice system that promote such abuse and resist responsibility ("PRIVATE PRISONS DID IT!!!!") and even fewer have done anything to look at any kind of solutions or answers or changes that could be made, not even those that both police and citizens support outside of "BODY CAMERAS NOW" type cure-alls, when's the last thread you can remember where this discussion has advanced beyond "fuck the police" into examining the criminal justice system deficiencies? most of the time they start hand waiving away the instant you move beyond the police into prosecutors or elected officials who provide the cover

the funniest though is when a union backs up truly heinous police crimes or comes down with an iron fist on dissenters (like that woman who pulled over an off duty officer for speeding) and they twist themselves in knots to explain away this union's tactics as "one of the few bad ones" :hitler

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #22761 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417802

the US military are a pack of murders and rapists who have repeatedly brutalised poor regions for personal gain, fuck em

This thread is hilarious. How the fuck are you gonna plant drugs on a gym??  :lol
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:01:03 PM by EightBitNate »

Raist

« Reply #22762 on: August 09, 2017, 09:01:32 PM »
I don't understand how this is problematic

Because OMG ONOZ blackface. Despite the fact that outside of the US, pretty much no one knows / cares.

benjipwns

« Reply #22763 on: August 09, 2017, 09:07:13 PM »
because it illustrates my argument above, i post threads like this about the grander criminal justice system's unchecked deficiencies from time to time on NeoGAF.com, and even often pick racially related ones, and they basically always get this amount of attention

post a borderline pitch black cell phone video of a cop tasering someone and you'll get 10 pages of the usual suspects doing their thing and endless speculation about events that could have occurred under different circumstances in different locations with different people (but not permanently banned members like pedophile Amir0x, Dennis or Takao)

edit: this one actually got some attention: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287347

including this post from somebody... :doge
benji actually arguing the liberal position on this issue?

What a time to be alive.

although it was NeoGAF.com mega user moblin who shockingly uncovered the real story: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218754260&postcount=121

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #22764 on: August 09, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »
I wonder when Moblin will finally make their Bore debut. They've been a mysterious liking ghost for so long now.

etiolate

« Reply #22765 on: August 09, 2017, 09:16:08 PM »
NeoGAF doesn't care about the elephants if it means the circus stops coming to town.

benjipwns

« Reply #22766 on: August 09, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
I wonder when Moblin will finally make their Bore debut. They've been a mysterious liking ghost for so long now.
I feel like they're already contributing to The Bore in the most important way. :heart

« Reply #22767 on: August 09, 2017, 09:30:13 PM »
I feel like they're already contributing to The Bore in the most important way. :heart

nudes?

princess_breanna

« Reply #22768 on: August 09, 2017, 09:38:30 PM »
As someone who has spoken to moblin, u ain't missing much

agrajag

« Reply #22769 on: August 09, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »
who are all these people

Partition

« Reply #22770 on: August 09, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »
moblin?..... I don't know her.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22771 on: August 09, 2017, 09:48:23 PM »
nah. the entire police institution at this point is so fucked that it's not worth going to bat for. even the "good ones" are still a cog in that machine. maybe they're good people but I'm not going to pretend that the bad seeds are the minority.
I'd generally agree but keep in mind the current state of the US police force is the best it's ever been, unfortunately.  Imagine the type of shit that was happening 50-60 years ago with less oversight and less accountability.  The further back you go, the worse it was. There has never been a "golden age" of policing in the US to use as a current model.  Early organized police forces in the US were really just hired muscle for politicians/powerful criminals (same thing a lot of the time  :teehee) or going further back we could probably consider slave patrols early "police" but I doubt current LEOs would like that association.  Point is the entire system was defined by corruption. So if these things could be measured on a spectrum, the current U.S. system isn't that bad off. Relative to our distant past or say, Brazil, we're looking pretty good but one could argue we're trending back that way just with more expensive and deadly military toys.

benjipwns

« Reply #22772 on: August 09, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
but one could argue we're trending back that way just with more expensive and deadly military toys.
This is part of what would make me dispute your "best ever" position (even though I'm usually the one arguing this position!) along with expanded and generally unchecked powers regarding unjust warrants, massive immunity, asset forfeiture, etc.

I think there's an argument to be made that a police force that roughs you up a little or shakes you down as part of regular corruption is a different beast than one who will burst unannounced into your home in the wee hours, set your child's bed on fire and unload a hundred rounds into you. Because you lived next door to a suspected drug dealer. Maybe, if you were on another road.

A smaller corrupt police force can be outsized and often was, at least to where it had to "play by certain rules" (even something as basic as Miranda) whereas the modern military forces that act almost entirely in an arbitrary manner, have no accountability and fund their overseers are different breed altogether. Especially when their interests align:
“I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world. I have my own State Department, much to Foggy Bottom’s annoyance. We have the United Nations in New York, and so we have an entree into the diplomatic world that Washington does not have,” Mayor Bloomberg said.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #22773 on: August 09, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
stan for state-sponsored blue shirt thugs

nudemacusers

« Reply #22774 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
Moblin is a little too basic for the bore tbh ☕️
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #22775 on: August 09, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »
potential Bobby Roberts app
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417700

Afrocious starts the ban-baiting hard and early.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245777596&postcount=6

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245777868&postcount=15

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245778004&postcount=19

He's no Slayven or Devo though.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=245798446

At a point, you kinda give up on explaining the ramifications of using such an app and drawing the distinction between being offended at the existence of an app and the the usage of such an app.

I was already mentally tired. One GAFfer PM'd me with some kind words and an interesting question about how an application like this can be good for reinforcing diversity in media (mainly gaming).

However, I'm now physically tired from exercising. And after that color pencil post, I don't think I have the energy to jump through the mental hoops placed before me.

I felt like I made decent enough posts about the above distinction but I'm an easily ignored individual on this board. I, however, did manage to piss off some folks by being the OP by simply creating this thread. While funny, me responding openly in this thread would be pointless.

Ugh.

benjipwns

« Reply #22776 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »
 :dead

benjipwns

« Reply #22777 on: August 09, 2017, 10:46:29 PM »
I, however, did.

:snob

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22778 on: August 09, 2017, 10:47:04 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #22779 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:23 PM »
now i want to go back to those bobby roberts treatise a few pages ago and see how many of those he dropped

(it's, of course, a habit, such as it is, i'm trying to break myself of, after all)

benjipwns

« Reply #22780 on: August 09, 2017, 11:06:44 PM »
Quote from: Bronx-Man
The only thing more pathetic than posting 55 times in a thread about something you have no plan on watching

is counting another members posts
Quote from: Bobby Roberts
57 out of 918 ain't bad, really.

At least you know I'm actually reading.

That should be reassuring. Most of those 918 posts people just scrolled right past without any attention paid or consideration given. They were just... there. Empty, pointless wastes. Trees felled in the woods.

Not me, though.
it's called the aristocrats!

benjipwns

« Reply #22781 on: August 09, 2017, 11:07:14 PM »
I'm not even pissy.

Someone said my name three times so I arrived

I'm obligated.
:ohhh

« Reply #22782 on: August 09, 2017, 11:15:28 PM »
Bobby Roberts
Bobby Roberts
Bobby Roberts

benjipwns

« Reply #22783 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »
wow those weekly box office threads are full of reveals
My first Alien movie was Resurrection.

I'd seen parts of the first 2 here and there at friend's houses, and I even remember PLAYING Aliens on the elementary school playground when I was in like, 5th grade I think? Little kids yelling Hudson and Ripley's lines and making machine gun noises while some kid crawls around the jungle gym hissing and spitting.

But the first one I sat down and watched front to back was Resurrection.

My first Aliens movie was AvP.
My first Aliens movie was Alien.

And I was like "holy shit this guy must have played a lot of metroid before making this movie. it's great!"
I still haven't seen the Godfather movies, and they're sitting on DVD no more than 10 feet away from me right now.

Also, my first watchings of the mainline Star Wars films is in timeline order (as in, I purposefully didn't watch A New Hope until after I saw Revenge of the Sith).

benjipwns

« Reply #22784 on: August 09, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
stop trying to fool him into thinking we're his people with your digital blackface

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22785 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:50 AM »
Robert Robertson being beetlejuice seems just about right to me.

etiolate

« Reply #22786 on: August 10, 2017, 12:31:42 AM »
That would make RLM his Sandworms and Paul Feig his Lidia.

Himu

« Reply #22787 on: August 10, 2017, 01:47:11 AM »

He/she is on twitter sending shade all over.

Who
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22788 on: August 10, 2017, 02:03:02 AM »
I want moblin to pm me his/her life story  :-*

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #22789 on: August 10, 2017, 02:34:52 AM »
moblin, send me anus shots if you're over 18.
serge

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22790 on: August 10, 2017, 03:42:45 AM »
This is part of what would make me dispute your "best ever" position (even though I'm usually the one arguing this position!) along with expanded and generally unchecked powers regarding unjust warrants, massive immunity, asset forfeiture, etc.
I wouldn't disagree with the view that we're ~15 years off the "peak" and now deteriorating i.e. the erosion of 4th amendment rights post-9/11, so I think we're on the same page? And the "best" is only relative to the rest of the putrid history of policing in the U.S., so the bar isn't that high. The current trends are undoubtedly not in the interest of the public or personal freedom.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22791 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:08 AM »
Bobby Roberts
Bobby Roberts
Bobby Roberts
You son of a bitch.

parallax

« Reply #22792 on: August 10, 2017, 04:01:33 AM »

more like candyman

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22793 on: August 10, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »
Quote from: QuantumZebra
Hilarious how many people think their echo chambers reflect reality
  :whoo

2meta4me
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 06:45:39 AM by Let's Cyber »

benjipwns

« Reply #22794 on: August 10, 2017, 04:56:54 AM »
Dead on with how I felt about [Ghostbusters]. It took after 15 stop/starts to finish it. That's the most work I've put into seeing a movie in a long time but I wanted to make sure I gave it a watch before hating on it.
:kobeyuck :donot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22795 on: August 10, 2017, 05:07:25 AM »

more like candyman

Tony Todd reading posts aloud would be a hoot.
ὕβρις

skullstorm

« Reply #22796 on: August 10, 2017, 06:08:10 AM »

more like candyman

You need to say Candyman's name five times, Bobby is so eager he'll come after three. Besides, Candyman is a sexy and mysterious black man, Bobby is neither sexy nor mysterious.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22797 on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:36 AM »
Bobby is neither sexy nor mysterious.
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #22798 on: August 10, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »
Damn, GAF hates Jordan Peterson too.

I don't follow his anti Social Studies Warrior stuff, but his psychological and biblical stories lectures are rather enthralling stuff.  It's like free therapy.  I remember spending a few weeks on this stuff a while back.  I know he got into the spotlight with the compelled pronouns stuff, but it does a huge disservice to his work to just look at that. 

Anyone that doesn't fit in lockstep with their approved views is automatically shunned.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22799 on: August 10, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=245819754

Staying with your crush's family, and the most interesting thing so far is you decide to introduce them to anime...

This is the most Gaf thing imaginable.
ὕβρις