Author Topic: New Random What Are You Listening To? Thread(All encompassing music thread)  (Read 182091 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Appreciate it. Not even that old really (I looked it up).

I have something that is definitely a bit older now when it comes to popular music:

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Finally found this classic!!!

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Posting US viewable version for all the Trumpers here

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Blew my mind when I learned this is what the band Ministry was at one point. Had no idea until like 2 years back

lol bad synth pop Ministry. For a long time Al tried to claim that the label forced them to write all that material or wrote it for them but you can find footage of them playing it before the deal was signed on youtube. People that were involved at the time post here and there on a fan forum I lurk about on and note that things ended up more than a little overproduced but that stuff is what Al was into and trying to do. If you want a breakdown on who and what they're trying to be on every song on With Sym along with how and why they're not quite pulling it off the site I Die You Die has a commentary podcast where they talk over the album and break it down. Almost every track starts with one of them audibly cringing. https://www.idieyoudie.com/2017/06/17/we-have-a-commentary-ministry-with-sympathy/ I had a framed vinyl copy of this album hanging up in one of the places I lived.  :-*
Hi

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
There is no way the singer doesnt have some kind of autism

´

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
He moves kind of weird like the guy from Tool at Reading when he was wearing those pink pajamas while singing Sober.

Deep yo. Everyone in the band looks "bro normal" except James who stands like a Japanese schoolgirl with their feet pointed inward. (friendly ribbing of Tool fans. I don't mean to actually make fun of you  ;) )

More AAF though

edit: Oh and I googled AAF and the lead singer and have never seen any article mention autism.

late edit:
lol bad synth pop Ministry. For a long time Al tried to claim that the label forced them to write all that material or wrote it for them but you can find footage of them playing it before the deal was signed on youtube. People that were involved at the time post here and there on a fan forum I lurk about on and note that things ended up more than a little overproduced but that stuff is what Al was into and trying to do. If you want a breakdown on who and what they're trying to be on every song on With Sym along with how and why they're not quite pulling it off the site I Die You Die has a commentary podcast where they talk over the album and break it down. Almost every track starts with one of them audibly cringing. https://www.idieyoudie.com/2017/06/17/we-have-a-commentary-ministry-with-sympathy/ I had a framed vinyl copy of this album hanging up in one of the places I lived.  :-*

Just wanted to touch on this. I'm going to listen to that podcast. I don't have experience with that full record. Only tracks I know are Revenge and Effigy. But I actually like both of those tracks haha.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:33:08 PM by EchoRin »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
I wasnt really serious. Just a weird but funny lad. The way he smells his arm pits as well.  :doge

Maynard is tripping hard during that performance. Love it.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

:ohyou

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:38:06 AM by benjipwns »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
watching some older dillinger videos, oh my this is just perfection. pennie on drums, you wasted your talent you mad man

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Cool. 7PM central time. That's  8PM eastern, 5PM pacific. 1AM for you British chavs. 2AM for most of mainland Europe. Weebs in Japan. I don't know. Closer to lunch than breakfast I think?

edit: Wow! that was amazing. Prince at the height of his powers is something I'll forever wish I could see. It's alright though. Can't experience it all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:00:43 PM by EchoRin »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
i never got into prince. maybe i should give him another try. but also maybe now.  :doge

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
I have only heard a single or two from Phoebe. I really enjoyed the Boygenius project she was part of.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
I have only heard a single or two from Phoebe. I really enjoyed the Boygenius project she was part of.

I just want this shirt

Cheddahz

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Damn. I was wondering how I never heard of this and it became clear to me when this guy or album doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. Shame.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

I feel like that cover is some reference to No Love Deep Web, but it came out before that.  :-\

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Flea and John (of Chili Peppers fame) were spinning records at John's house a few days ago. 70s and 80s material that influenced how they play their instruments.

Its' a nice educational collection.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bqiZEmOyNXYCXT4uD4UC0?si=eBuaLSQqSFqGFz54m69ohw

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
More plamping

^_^

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog

autechre da gawd
◕‿◕

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
I was curious to see what the new The Naked and Famous sounded like. I've always loved their song I Kill Giants. Though they just cancelled their US tour like 3 days ago they were supposed to play here around June 23 or so. It was surprising to me cause from what I could tell most gigs were cancelled or postponed if they were originally scheduled for this month. So yeah they were on my mind cause I was like "35 bucks for a band I only know some of the singles for, I better see a little more"

Well I checked out their newest song and it's sadly probably the worst song I've heard in 2020. So needless to say I won't bother paying that much money seeing that the band is producing music that would fit on some MTV reality show that plays after some guy and girl got mad at each other at a party and are now both sulking in their rooms.

Leadbelly

I guess Johnny Depp is a decent singer. I kind of knew that though when he did Sweeney Todd. Certainly an interesting collaboration for Jeff beck.

Akala

• Easy Victor

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
 :mjcry ima miss the usa. wish i was in queer heaven rn. i hope the bastions of the left stay strong, this shit blows over and we can get back to talking armchair activism and voting matters, while letting the creatives get back to the only thing of value america produces: music and film*

*tbh, 2 of the most valuable things produced. my enjoyment of life in a very basic sense is so heavily predicated on my love of culture, specifically music, black americans have created and influenced.
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
How have I never heard this early MC Ride shit

nudemacusers

Been chilling to this; good synthy album along the lines of 90s uk idm (black dog, b12, etc)

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Coax

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

EDIT: Let me post the whole thing, all the songs are great, anyway.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:06:43 AM by Don Rumata »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Akala

• Easy Victor

actually this is a better vid:

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

Akala

• Easy Victor

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
I'm feeling happy today  :)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Brand fooooking new Boris

Bitch

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

G The Resurrected

Been on a KLF chill out kinda mood lately

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Really connected to this song on a personal level working this boring ass office job.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

Akala

• Easy Victor
Why do I feel this is gonna pop

https://m.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Some Dutch directness for ya'll.

Edit: damn, already posted it.

Have some more dutch shit.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:38:11 AM by HardcoreRetro »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Bebpo

Any recommendations for some good Irish musicians?

Was listening to the Once soundtrack again and I like Glen Hansard's solo stuff/The Frames and it's all nice, but I wish there were more good Irish artists I knew about.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

:riot

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^