Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 944455 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #11100 on: February 09, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »
Klonoa coming to actual HD platforms

fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11101 on: February 09, 2022, 06:31:19 PM »
Xenoblade 3 looks way more like jam.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11102 on: February 09, 2022, 06:36:40 PM »
What a weeb show.

I guess I need to let Nintendo into my heart.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11103 on: February 09, 2022, 06:41:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/hobonichimother/status/1491550487828733953

:uguu

Looks like we get to beat up the purple haired kid this time  8)
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11104 on: February 09, 2022, 06:59:07 PM »
Yeeeessssss

🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11105 on: February 09, 2022, 07:04:55 PM »
Didn't get to watch this, but holy crap that was a lot of stuff!  48 added tracks for MK8 Deluxe?  XB3?  New Fire Emblem Warriors?  Lots of other awesome announcements?
:lawd :dsp
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #11106 on: February 09, 2022, 07:06:40 PM »
The villain from Fire Emblem Heroes be like:  :gamergate

paprikastaude

« Reply #11107 on: February 09, 2022, 07:06:57 PM »
Klonoa coming to actual HD platforms

(Image removed from quote.)

Wish it had the PS1 version included on top of those two. I didn't play the remake, but I heard they made it too easy. And there's charm to the original look.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11108 on: February 09, 2022, 07:08:36 PM »
Damn, Xeno 3 looks awesome... more like #1 than 2 thankfully.
Sept we're getting that and Trails from Zero? I need to quit my job.

The character designer is the same guy who came up with the XBC2 designs.  Still hope for tiddy time~
:bowsette
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11109 on: February 09, 2022, 07:28:53 PM »
Damn, Xeno 3 looks awesome... more like #1 than 2 thankfully.
Sept we're getting that and Trails from Zero? I need to quit my job.

The character designer is the same guy who came up with the XBC2 designs.  Still hope for tiddy time~
:bowsette
The main looks so much more tolerable to the eye. But yeah, they stepped the direction back to reflect XB1 more thank goodness.  Glad they took the criticism.  XB doesn't need to look like a borderline hentai game.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #11110 on: February 09, 2022, 07:32:03 PM »
Best direct in a while. If BotW2 makes it out this year, that's a damn strong lineup for 2022.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #11111 on: February 09, 2022, 07:50:26 PM »
Does Metroid rookie mode actually address the difficulty shit that people were complaining about? I'm an old man and I like my games very easy, didn't buy it because of that

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11112 on: February 09, 2022, 07:57:57 PM »
bork annihilated :dead

By good game announcements :lawd
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11113 on: February 09, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »
bork annihilated :dead

By good game announcements :lawd
bork's wallet annihilated  :betty

This was one of the best directs in recent memory.  Not sure if we're all thirsty AF, but the amount of dumps/ports coming with HD bumps, bells and whistles are all very welcome.

Already mentioned, but totally getting the Portal Collection. Still shocked by it, and Chrono Cross, more than anything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11114 on: February 09, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »
Does Metroid rookie mode actually address the difficulty shit that people were complaining about? I'm an old man and I like my games very easy, didn't buy it because of that

Not sure if anything more was said apart from increased recovery times.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #11115 on: February 09, 2022, 08:05:20 PM »

What that update needs is widening the window for countering the dread robots.  That shit was ridiculous.

Bebpo

« Reply #11116 on: February 09, 2022, 08:29:59 PM »
XB3 looks exactly like XB2. Not sure how excited I am since I love XB1 and think XB2 was a bad game. Was hoping for at least a new art style like how XB1->XB2 changed so they look pretty different.

Rest of the direct was great. CC Remaster was about as much as expected. They were never going to pay for a full remake of CC and that's about as good as you can make it look.

Live a Live/Front Mission stuff is cool. 48 tracks for Mario Kart is a lot.

Bebpo

« Reply #11117 on: February 09, 2022, 08:34:19 PM »
I guess XB will probably come down to whether it's a gatcha game or not. The gatcha shit and grind for sidequests for the blades really did a number on #2. If there's no gatcha that'll already be a huge improvement.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11118 on: February 09, 2022, 08:35:41 PM »
It's a more challenging game than I expected. I imagine that if you suck at it, the chances are you're also not good at collecting the missiles and energy tanks.

I just beat a boss that took about ~100 missiles and 3 perfect melee counters to kill. Not to mention spin jumping in between laser waves, evading claw strikes and dodging lasers.  :doge
Today I defeated a boss that hammered me into a corner and when it wasn't doing that and open to attack a sort of beacon moved across the screen that would explode into rows of bombs.
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #11119 on: February 09, 2022, 08:50:12 PM »
The Normie xc3 lead kinda makes me miss the wacky xc2 looks tbh

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11120 on: February 09, 2022, 09:17:37 PM »
Live A Live getting a physical too:  8)

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1491546280841015297
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11121 on: February 09, 2022, 09:36:55 PM »
That's great.

But no doubt all of them get some sort of physical release.

Wacky? More like crappy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 09:41:03 PM by Rahxephon91 »

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #11122 on: February 09, 2022, 09:57:11 PM »

!?! i thought it was already a very easy game
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #11123 on: February 09, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »

What that update needs is widening the window for countering the dread robots.  That shit was ridiculous.

oh yeah, but the trick there is.... don't get caught. that's less difficulty more learning the paths/puzzle solving
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #11124 on: February 09, 2022, 09:58:34 PM »
That's great.

Wacky? More like crappy.

yes

what even does normie looking lead mean? like they just look like a normal human in their late teens/20s instead of a 15 year old with giant tits and a cherry goth bdsm outfit?
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #11125 on: February 09, 2022, 09:59:59 PM »
⛔ There better be some fucking Battle Mode tracks in that MK8 DLC. Waste of money otherwise.
⛔ No mention of or release for House of the Dead Remake (despite Forever Entertainment's Front Mission getting newly announced)
⛔ No mention of or release for Omori.
⛔ We have to wait until Fall for the best WiiSports game? (Golf)

✅ Holy crap lots of ports I'm gonna buy. Klonoa. AssCreed Trilogy. No Man's Sky. Chrono Cross.
✅ Kirby keeps looking better, I wasn't blown away at announcement but I see Mario Odyssey levels of polish and creativity on display. Being starved for good 3D platformers in the last 2 decades probably helps.
✅ Nintendo's DLC strategy for Expansion Pack is probably going to work, and in a year's time no one is going to remember the insane whining about the price.
✅ Xeno 3 looks way more up my alley than 2, but I'll honestly just play the DE if I want to get back into the series.
✅ Earthbound Beginnings is one of the actual final Wii U ports I really wanted, and I'm ecstatic I can attempt to beat the game again.

Tasty

« Reply #11126 on: February 09, 2022, 10:06:30 PM »
In all seriousness, the Dreamcast had like 5 fishing games, where are the Switch fishing games????

Sega Reel Bash Fishing 3 plz

Have you tried the google?

Legendary Fishing
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike Championship Edition
Fishing Star World Tour
Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
Fishing Spirits/Ace Angler
Rapala Fishing Pro Series
Fishing Adventure
Ultimate Fishing Simulator
3D Arcade Fishing
Fishing Fighters

Probably more that are digital-only.  They also have fishing rod controllers you can snap joycons into.

They need to hurry the fuck up and port Twilight Princess HD, I wasted so much time fishing with Wii controls in the original.

Tasty

« Reply #11127 on: February 09, 2022, 10:08:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

RIP gamefreak

Xeno 1 on Wii in 480p already blows Legends Arceus out of the water, this isn't news. :P

Bebpo

« Reply #11128 on: February 09, 2022, 10:09:42 PM »
⛔ There better be some fucking Battle Mode tracks in that MK8 DLC. Waste of money otherwise.
⛔ No mention of or release for House of the Dead Remake (despite Forever Entertainment's Front Mission getting newly announced)

✅ Holy crap lots of ports I'm gonna buy. Klonoa. AssCreed Trilogy. No Man's Sky. Chrono Cross.
✅ Kirby keeps looking better, I wasn't blown away at announcement but I see Mario Odyssey levels of polish and creativity on display. Being starved for good 3D platformers in the last 2 decades probably helps.
✅ Nintendo's DLC strategy for Expansion Pack is probably going to work, and in a year's time no one is going to remember the insane whining about the price.
✅ Xeno 3 looks way more up my alley than 2, but I'll honestly just play the DE if I want to get back into the series.
✅ Earthbound Beginnings is one of the actual final Wii U ports I really wanted, and I'm ecstatic I can attempt to beat the game again.

Oh, I never knew Mother 1 got localized. Thought this was a first.

I tried playing Mother 1 once but couldn't get into it. Was too archaic for me but generally I can't get into 8-bit stuff. Earthbound still holds up great and Mother 3 was good.

Tasty

« Reply #11129 on: February 09, 2022, 10:10:30 PM »
What a weeb show.

I guess I need to let Nintendo into my heart.

Tasty

« Reply #11130 on: February 09, 2022, 10:52:05 PM »

Oh, I never knew Mother 1 got localized. Thought this was a first.

I tried playing Mother 1 once but couldn't get into it. Was too archaic for me but generally I can't get into 8-bit stuff. Earthbound still holds up great and Mother 3 was good.

Yup back in 2015. I got about halfway into it before I stopped playing my Wii U. I found it to have a surprisingly enjoyable difficulty curve, and even if the menus and subsystems are a bit clunky (it's a NES game after all), what made the later games fun is still there in spades, particularly the battle system and humor. Excited to restart it, hopefully I can finish it this time.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11131 on: February 09, 2022, 11:08:52 PM »
I'll try out the rookie mode.

Dread and now Deedlit are my first Metriodvania games and I'm pretty bad at 2d action games.

Tasty

« Reply #11132 on: February 09, 2022, 11:34:41 PM »
Just realized... Abusing save states for EB Beginnings :lawd

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11133 on: February 10, 2022, 12:05:54 AM »
I'm a vet of oldskool RPGs, hell the grindfest that is Phantasy Star II is my favorite game of all time... and Mt Itoi in Mother 1/EB Beginnings is fucking ROUGH. I think I spent maybe 1/3 of the total time playing the game grinding for that one area. And then

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's not even worth it because the final boss is a gimmick one like the original EB, and your levels don't really matter all that much
[close]

EB Beginnings is pretty impressive since it's 'open world' in a way, the world is seamless and interconnected (with separate screens for inside houses/dungeons), and it's absolutely massive...

Click here if you're interested, obviously spoiler:
https://starmen.net/mother1/miscinfo/maps/eb0map_big.png
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #11134 on: February 10, 2022, 12:22:54 AM »
Force Unleashed is the Wii version :dead

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #11135 on: February 10, 2022, 01:15:25 AM »
That's great.

Wacky? More like crappy.

yes

what even does normie looking lead mean? like they just look like a normal human in their late teens/20s instead of a 15 year old with giant tits and a cherry goth bdsm outfit?
Notice how I said the lead and didn't mention the girls? I'm not talking about their bodies either but what they're wearing. my guy could be from Star Ocean, tales of, trials of cold Steel and people have already roasted him for looking like Flynn from smt4.

I can understand why people hate the characters in xb2 because the party members are all pretty out there looking. rex may have looked like a fuckin diving suit pyjamas wearing weirdo but he was pretty distinct in a sea of copy paste jrpg boys. even shulk is dressed like a fuckin weirdo. I kind of like how XC2 is just over the top stylised to the max when it comes to the main cast, and how all the characters have a clear unique visual identity. this guy is so far just another insert in the collection of brooding jacket jrpg boys
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:29:48 AM by remy »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11136 on: February 10, 2022, 06:41:32 AM »
I can understand why people hate the characters in xb2 because the party members are all pretty out there looking. rex may have looked like a fuckin diving suit pyjamas wearing weirdo but he was pretty distinct in a sea of copy paste jrpg boys.

And the character is literally a diver. (Or salvager as they call it in that universe)

Diving suit design has never looked pretty out there.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11137 on: February 10, 2022, 10:45:22 AM »
They really put Mario Kart on sale today forcing me to buy it

:fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm

Nintendo fuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuu
:O

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11138 on: February 10, 2022, 12:13:35 PM »
Nah, Rex was still a terrible character design in a terrible game.

Honestly the Xeno games have pretty bad character designs outside of Gears. Even then that's 90s anime fan talking.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 12:25:19 PM by Rahxephon91 »

therealdeal

« Reply #11139 on: February 10, 2022, 12:17:07 PM »
Switch Sports online :rejoice

Bowling night coming to a nerd group near you

Svejk

« Reply #11140 on: February 10, 2022, 12:41:08 PM »
Nah, Rex was still a terrible character design in a terrible game.

Honestly the Xeno games have pretty bad character designs outside of Gears. Even then that's 90s anime fan talking.
Yep.  Honestly, I was gonna say XB3 main looks more tolerable and less edgy modern teen looking than Shulk even.  Xenogears art direction is still top tier even by today's standards, imo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11141 on: February 10, 2022, 12:57:58 PM »
XB3 is a merging of the worlds of XB1 and XB2. What we've seen so far is clearly the XB1 part of it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pyra/Mythra for the XB2 part of the game.

XB1 ending spoilers
Although at the end of XB1 it is established that it was a computer simulation and you literally destroy the 'god' of the simulation so the system 'reboots' or rather you free the world from the moderators?
[close]
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11142 on: February 10, 2022, 01:05:09 PM »
In the trailer it was clearly Melia/Nia in their evil church masks

So it's safe to assume that the old crew has to be in this game at some point  :hyper
fat

Svejk

« Reply #11143 on: February 10, 2022, 01:42:19 PM »
Since I recently finished DQV, I'm totally jumping on XB:DE now.  Been long overdue to play through it entirely.  Now's the MF time.  :doggy

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11144 on: February 10, 2022, 03:46:04 PM »
What was the verdict on the Oled Switch?

Tasty

« Reply #11145 on: February 10, 2022, 03:55:58 PM »

My verdict was it's not worth it for mostly docked players, so I didn't get one.

Bebpo

« Reply #11146 on: February 10, 2022, 04:46:16 PM »

I like it. But I play almost entirely handheld and my old switch was broken. Otherwise wouldn't have upgraded. Plus had to pay that scalper upcharge, not sure if it's more readily available yet.

james

« Reply #11147 on: February 10, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »

The price is highway robbery

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11148 on: February 10, 2022, 05:38:56 PM »
I've mostly been playing handheld these days and the Gamestops and Best Buys in South Chicago have them.

If I trade my old to Gamestop I can get $187 in credit and just pay off games I am going to buy anyway.

So that takes it to like $175. Maybe not bad. I just got my work bonus so maybe..

Bebpo

« Reply #11149 on: February 10, 2022, 05:51:43 PM »
I've mostly been playing handheld these days and the Gamestops and Best Buys in South Chicago have them.

If I trade my old to Gamestop I can get $187 in credit and just pay off games I am going to buy anyway.

So that takes it to like $175. Maybe not bad. I just got my work bonus so maybe..

Screen is bigger and looks nicer. If you play Switch a lot in portable it might be worth $175.

Tasty

« Reply #11150 on: February 10, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
For me the pull would be speakers, screen, and battery life ( since I have a launch Switch with the old chipset.)

Tasty

« Reply #11151 on: February 11, 2022, 12:28:08 AM »

james

« Reply #11152 on: February 11, 2022, 12:33:07 AM »
I love how these things look like a fanboy creation.

20 fucking years for Kingdom Hearts to show up on a Nintendo home console

Tasty

« Reply #11153 on: February 11, 2022, 12:37:39 AM »
11-year old me would be positively euphoric.

That said, CoM and DDD are solid games.

Edit- The pic I posted *is* a fanboy creation, for the record.

Bebpo

« Reply #11154 on: February 11, 2022, 02:08:47 AM »
All these games and yet the only game I've played on Switch in months was a couple hours of Card Fighters Clash and probably won't turn the system on again until July for Live-A-Live. I like Switch, but these lists never do anything for me.

Tasty

« Reply #11155 on: February 11, 2022, 02:10:01 AM »
I mean it's always going to be mostly ports and first party games, so yeah.

james

« Reply #11156 on: February 11, 2022, 02:15:45 AM »
All these games and yet the only game I've played on Switch in months was a couple hours of Card Fighters Clash and probably won't turn the system on again until July for Live-A-Live. I like Switch, but these lists never do anything for me.

My top 2 games are still Asphalt 9 and Minecract lol

Ill probably get Kirby though

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11157 on: February 11, 2022, 02:36:21 AM »
I love how these things look like a fanboy creation.

20 fucking years for Kingdom Hearts to show up on a Nintendo home console
It's gotta go down as one of the stupidest and most pig-headed decisions in video gaming history
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #11158 on: February 11, 2022, 02:46:32 AM »
From my shattered and anecdotally-based memory, I seem to remember Sony's stake in Square as being the main reason FF and KH never went to Nintendo consoles. Open season for handhelds and spinoffs, of course.

Could be mandella effect or just bad memory, though. I do know we only got Crystal Chronicles on GameCube because Square spun off a separate company ("The Game Designers Studio") to work on it due to some Sony-FF clause.

Tasty

« Reply #11159 on: February 11, 2022, 02:53:40 AM »
It's gotta go down as one of the stupidest and most pig-headed decisions in video gaming history

Regarding Nintendo and Square, the only decision I would ascribe this to would be not moneyhatting FF7 at the time. Even if it took 12 carts or whatever. Even if it forced Nintendo to release the sure-to-fail 64DD for it. Looking back, I would probably say it was the biggest pre-Wii U mistake Nintendo ever made.

A different timeline where FF7-12 and KH1/2 were Nintendo console exclusives sounds nice.