Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 942250 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4560 on: February 13, 2019, 05:58:37 PM »
Switch doesnt have Trophies. Inferior version of DQXI confirmed
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4561 on: February 13, 2019, 05:59:47 PM »
Ooooh yaaaa I must have beaten LA hundreds of times on the big ol brick gameboy

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4562 on: February 13, 2019, 06:02:30 PM »
Mario Maker 2 looks like Mario Maker. Is going to be fun but I'm not exactly thrilled about  the2D 3D World (the worst 3D Mario game)
Knowing Nintendo they've sat on that game for 12 months. Just like Yoshi has been done since, I think September or so.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4563 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
Switch is a monster though, what a lineup after the shit-tacular WiiU
fat

kingv

« Reply #4564 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »
Damn, Nintendo already has the best E3.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4565 on: February 13, 2019, 06:13:20 PM »
Remake of the best Zelda is glorious, DQ11 finally on Switch is awesome, Mario Maker 2 great but I'm a nitpicky fuck so I'll probably have complaints on that shit.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4566 on: February 13, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »
Mario Maker on a system with an actual install base will be an endless source of fanmade content, which you will probably need their online pass to play.
Hi

paprikastaude

« Reply #4567 on: February 13, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
damn this scared me thinking Kamiya was downgraded to direct some Godeater knockoff. Thankfully he's only looking over it.  :takei

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4568 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:44 PM »
I wonder if they're going to babbie up the gameplay too?  :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4569 on: February 13, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »
Wow, Square actually listening to people and adding orchestrated music to DQXI S.  :o
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4570 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:25 PM »
That direct was so good.  Lots of good content revealed. 

:bow Nintendo Vita is my favorite console :bow2
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4571 on: February 13, 2019, 09:29:14 PM »
no need to remake the owl tho i mean

Svejk

« Reply #4572 on: February 13, 2019, 09:32:25 PM »
Ok... Link's Awakening is a nice little nudge closer to me wanting a Snap.   

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4573 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »
gonna get me that magic rod :drool

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4574 on: February 13, 2019, 09:52:59 PM »
Ok... Link's Awakening is a nice little nudge closer to me wanting a Snap.

ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4575 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »
zelda looks awesome IMO, I am still only an hour into DQXI on PS4 so now not sure what to do on that one lol.

I should be excited about the chains one based solely on pedigree but looks pretty eh. fire emblem: harry potterthree houses looks ok I guess.

switch is getting good content. bring on DQ builders 2 and animal crossing.

Bebpo

« Reply #4576 on: February 13, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
Link's Awakening - Cool, I've tried playing this a dozen times since it came out on black & white GB but never got into it and made it too far. Maybe this will get me to finish it.

Mario Maker 2 - Of course, port every fucking Wii U game except Mario Maker. I never bought it on Wii U because I figured it would come to switch. I heard the best part of the first game is the Nintendo designed campaign which is supposed to be some quality mario levels. Guessing 2 won't have the original's campaign but will wait and see. If it doesn't will pick up the 3ds version of Mario Maker 1 at some point.

Astral Chain - Will probably play it, but probably will be shitty Platinum and not good Platinum. Seems low-effort from the trailer.

Fire Emblem - I'm like 6 games behind. Don't care about FE anymore.

DQXI S - Hmmmmm, I'm still on the fence where to finish DQXI since I shelved it 30ish hours in which is a good ways in on PS4. I'm guessing the graphics will be a lot worse on Switch, but handheld + retro mode + faster battles option + new content + orchestral score + JPN VA is mighty tempting. The other option is PC where it will look GORGEOUS, but then gotta redo 30 hours of content. Or I could just finish it up on PS4 and save 30 hours of my life, but it looks a bit ugly there and faster battles on switch may make up the time overall by the end. Very tempted to go Switch S.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4577 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »
Link's Awakening - Cool, I've tried playing this a dozen times since it came out on black & white GB but never got into it and made it too far. Maybe this will get me to finish it.

:cornette :whatisthis :samoa :jeanluc :hhh :dunno :huh :mindblown

Mario Maker 2 - Of course, port every fucking Wii U game except Mario Maker. I never bought it on Wii U because I figured it would come to switch. I heard the best part of the first game is the Nintendo designed campaign which is supposed to be some quality mario levels. Guessing 2 won't have the original's campaign but will wait and see. If it doesn't will pick up the 3ds version of Mario Maker 1 at some point.

Complain about a sequel instead of a port, brehs.  :doge

Astral Chain - Will probably play it, but probably will be shitty Platinum and not good Platinum. Seems low-effort from the trailer.

Supervised by Kamiya and being directed by Takahisa Taura, who was the senior game designer on Nier Automata and was a designer on MGS Revengeance and The Wonderful 101.  Kamiya tweeted out that he has a lot of faith in him.  I think it'll be OK.

Fire Emblem - I'm like 6 games behind. Don't care about FE anymore.

You in a grumpy mood this evening, Beps?
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4578 on: February 13, 2019, 10:22:18 PM »
Actually in a pretty good mood. I just think Platinum is generally overrated and FE is waifu stuff that's not for me. Excited for Link and Mario Maker.

Only annoyed about Mario Maker because was hoping they'd port #1 first then release #2. I bought like every Wii U game except that and they've ported all the ones I've bought but not that. Oh well, just money.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4579 on: February 13, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »
Trials n' demos:

Tetris 99: It's a free to play Tetris battle royale game with 99 players at the same time!  :lol  Online-only and absolutely INSANE.  You gotta go super-fast to get ahead.

Yoshi's Crafted World demo: You get to play one level and it saves your progress, so I wonder if it will carry over? :thinking  I didn't play the previous game on Wii U so this felt pretty new to me.  Very cute and creative Mario-esque platformer.  I enjoyed it and will pick up the full game for sure. 

Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions: Seems kind of meaty for a trial- you start off by creating your pilot, then can hop into missions from a hangar that you can run around in.  Has a bit of customization options available for the mech including loadouts and color/decal/pattern choices.  Plays pretty nicely and runs and looks great.  Will definitely get this too.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4580 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:49 PM »
Actually in a pretty good mood.

:foodcourt

I just think Platinum is generally overrated and FE is waifu stuff that's not for me.

:dayum

Only annoyed about Mario Maker because was hoping they'd port #1 first then release #2. I bought like every Wii U game except that and they've ported all the ones I've bought but not that. Oh well, just money.

Wouldn't bother wasting money on the 3DS version and would just wait for the sequel.  The fun is in all the player-created levels anyway, not the stock stuff.  For all we know, this will end up including all the stuff from the original anyway.  Neat seeing them pulling things from 3D World.  That's another port I would have thought would have been announced already. 
ど助平

Shuri

« Reply #4581 on: February 13, 2019, 10:29:44 PM »
I was so hyped for Mario Maker,  but the online mode turned in an orgy of endless gimmick / autoplaying / impossible garbage. What a missed opportunity..

Link’s Awakening is a classic title that I loved when it released back then. It was such a mindtrip! That remake feels like a weird fan project.

kingv

« Reply #4582 on: February 13, 2019, 10:34:01 PM »
Platinum... Overrated?

I get that there are b tier games and A tier games for them. But even their b tier games are mostly better than average, in a space where very few other companies are making games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4583 on: February 13, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »
Platinum... Overrated?

I get that there are b tier games and A tier games for them. But even their b tier games are mostly better than average, in a space where very few other companies are making games.

Weren't their TMNT game and Legend Of Korra supposed to be shit, though?  Never played either.  I think those are the only two with bad reputations.  They have a really good track record for sure.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4584 on: February 13, 2019, 11:21:52 PM »
And...Madworld...and Anarchy Reigns...
I'd even say MGR is their B-tier games. Wonderful 101 is probably B-tier as well. Transformers is like C-tier. Only A-tier games they've made in like the past decade were Bayonetta 2 and...that's it?

The best Platinum has ever been has been their first 2 years with Bayonetta & Vanquish. Haven't made anything better than those two since.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4585 on: February 13, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
I'd even say MGR is their B-tier games. Wonderful 101 is probably B-tier as well. Transformers is like C-tier. Only A-tier games they've made in like the past decade were Bayonetta 2 and...that's it?

The best Platinum has ever been has been their first 2 years with Bayonetta & Vanquish. Haven't made anything better than those two since.

What about Nier Automata- that's very much just as much them as it is Square.

Madworld, waggle aside, and Anarchy Reigns were good.  I enjoyed the latter a lot including the online while it lasted.  Transformers is better than a 'C' game.  Dunno what to tell you other than agree to disagree, I guess.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4586 on: February 14, 2019, 12:05:45 AM »
Nier's gameplay was solid, sure. I'd give it a B-tier rank in their stuff. Most of the stuff good about Nier is on the art/music/story side which is all Taro.

Anyhow I tried the Yoshi demo. Was fun. It made me boot up Yoshi's Island again on SNES Mini since like Link's Awakening, YI is a game I've never been able to get into but people talk about it like it's the second coming. I love SMB3/World/pretty much every mario game from Sunshine to Odyssey, but never been into the Yoshi games.

So playing Yoshi's Island (original), people say it's a big deal because the levels are slower and focused on exploration and not on just getting to the end of the stage. So it's about collecting the 5 flowers and 20 red coins, ok. But if the point of the game is playing it Ubisoft 100% way then the last 30% of each 100% being how much life you have left at the end of the stage is just kind of frustrating because you collect everything and then get to the end and get hit and lose a few seconds and bam you beat it with 95% and don't want to go back and redo it all just to try to get that extra 5%. It's like if you're playing it for 100%-ing all the stages OCD completion then it's not only a collect-a-thon but it's a play flawless and don't get a single hit towards the end as well. But if you ignore that and don't go for 100% every level and just run through the levels then there's not a ton too them because the whole thing that makes them special is the collect-a-thon, right? I just can't get into it.

But I did like the Crafted World level as simple as it was. The art style was neat. But going back to the level 3 times could get repetitive. Need to hook up the Wii U now and try Wooly World.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4587 on: February 14, 2019, 12:08:39 AM »
One thing I liked about the Crafted World level is that doing the optional run where you find the dogs was done backwards and from a different viewpoint.  Helped to make it not feel tedious.

I also have never been able to get into Yoshi's Island for whatever reason.  Played a few levels on the GBA version and that was about it.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4588 on: February 14, 2019, 12:17:34 AM »
I'd even say MGR is their B-tier games.

Bitch please. It's the closest we've gotten to Ninja Gaiden 3 post-Itagaki.

Bebpo

« Reply #4589 on: February 14, 2019, 12:22:28 AM »
Man I hate the Wii U. Trying to hook it up to try Wooly World and I found the AC adapter for the main unit but can't find the smaller AC Adapter for the tablet so I can't play it. Why does the tablet have to use a proprietary AC adapter arghhh

I'd even say MGR is their B-tier games.

Bitch please. It's the closest we've gotten to Ninja Gaiden 3 post-Itagaki.

Agree to disagree. Game plays nothing like NG. You stand still and hit towards to parry and zansetsu or whatever every.single.move in the fucking game. NG you're rolling around like a mad man dodging a million things while getting hits in when you can. I kinda dislike MGR for the same problem I have with Transformers and to a degree Bayonetta. They all have like 1 move that's incredibly OP and the entire game is based around spamming it.

kingv

« Reply #4590 on: February 14, 2019, 12:31:43 AM »

The only game I would say is truly bad is the TMNT game (though Exo said he really liked it, and I usually think he head good taste).

Korra is not great, but it was only $15 or something like that. So, for what it is, it’s fine.

Transformers is actually really good and is far better than imo it has any right to be. It’s like a throwaway licensee game that probably had a $1 million budget or something like that but it has 5 playable characters and a ton of boss fights and good mechanics.

Wonderful 101 is experimental. It’s not great, but nor is it terrible.

My only real complaint about platinum is that all of their games seem to be mechanically based on bayonetta. But it’s also a really good combat system so it’s hard to complain too hard about it.

Edit: also pretty sure that prior to ninja garden black, the best strategy was to spam flying swallow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 12:36:31 AM by kingv »

Freyj

« Reply #4591 on: February 14, 2019, 12:34:46 AM »
DQXI S having 2D mode is easily the best thing there for me. I 100% expected to never see that version come stateside.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4592 on: February 14, 2019, 12:51:16 AM »
I'm gonna need anyone shit talking Fire Emblem to die in a fire kthxbye
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #4593 on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:39 AM »
Played a few levels of Wooly World and it was putting me to sleep. That has to be one of the most boring platformers I've ever tried. Crafted World's stage was leagues better than anything in the first half of World 1 in Wooly World. Maybe I'll stick around and finish Island on the Classic and pick up Crafted World and give it a shot. I really enjoyed the aesthetic in Crafted World. I thought I'd really dig the yarn aesthetic in Wooly World but not really feeling it. Everything just feels slow as molasses.

Edit: also pretty sure that prior to ninja garden black, the best strategy was to spam flying swallow.

Ok, yeah this is true  :lol

Wonderful 101 is experimental. It’s not great, but nor is it terrible.

Yeah, it's not terrible, but not great either. It's the only Kamiya game I haven't finished. I should get back and try to at some point.

Transformers I couldn't make it past an hour or two. The combat just seemed so simple and it was just arena battle after arena battle and I couldn't stay awake. Yeah it was like simple bayonetta but bayonetta also had level design.

I'm gonna need anyone shit talking Fire Emblem to die in a fire kthxbye

I liked the last one I played...on Gamecube. The GBA ones were great before it.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4594 on: February 14, 2019, 01:09:10 AM »
You mean Fire Persona Emblem? Why does Nintendo feel the need to hamfist animu waifu and school drama into a strategy game? Shit looks stupid af.

Overal the whole dirwct seemed to be for weaboos

Real a bad Direct overal, that Zelda art direction looka really really budget.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4595 on: February 14, 2019, 01:13:24 AM »
Agree to disagree. Game plays nothing like NG. You stand still and hit towards to parry and zansetsu or whatever every.single.move in the fucking game. NG you're rolling around like a mad man dodging a million things while getting hits in when you can. I kinda dislike MGR for the same problem I have with Transformers and to a degree Bayonetta. They all have like 1 move that's incredibly OP and the entire game is based around spamming it.

Except you don't need to parry. You can dodge just like Ninja Gaiden. :confused In fact, dodging gives you a shit-ton of i-frames whereas if you fail a parry, you're going to eat damage.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4596 on: February 14, 2019, 03:23:00 AM »
Link's Awakening remake looks really cute. :heart

paprikastaude

« Reply #4597 on: February 14, 2019, 06:10:10 AM »
wow I always wanted Link's Awakening that looks like cheap plastic

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #4598 on: February 14, 2019, 07:17:32 AM »
Wow, that is probably the most expensive non-hardware Direct for me. MM2, BoxBoy + BoxGirl, Link's Awakening, etc.
 :whew

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4599 on: February 14, 2019, 07:19:56 AM »
Nerrrmind
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:41:12 AM by Premium Lager »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4600 on: February 14, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »
Rewatched it and... Maybe it doesnt look THAT bad.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4601 on: February 14, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »
Direct overal, that Zelda art direction looka really really budget.
wow I always wanted Link's Awakening that looks like cheap plastic

(Image removed from quote.)

:era
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4602 on: February 14, 2019, 08:45:04 AM »
looks like zelda funko pops but link's awakening is a fantastic game and my favorite zelda so i'll be playing it day one :yeshrug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4603 on: February 14, 2019, 08:57:44 AM »
Stop comparing it to that awful funko garbage. I'm not the biggest fan of the plasticy look either. But it's not one of humanities greatest sins like the designs for the Funko Pops.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4604 on: February 14, 2019, 10:08:34 AM »

dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4605 on: February 14, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »

Nintenyearolds owned again, maybe one day you'll get a real game like Fortnite or Minecraft.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4606 on: February 14, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »
Deamon v Machina reminds me of Gungriffon

Im def excited now, graphics need a resolution bump though

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4607 on: February 14, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »

Nintenyearolds owned again, maybe one day you'll get a real game like Fortnite or Minecraft.

That doesn't even make sense even as a meme. DISAPPOINT.

:bolo
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4608 on: February 14, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

huge facts coming from this alpha as fuck image

free DLC for RE2 tomorrow btw
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #4609 on: February 14, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »
So that Tokyo RPG Factory game..if the other two they’ve released had arpg combat would it have made them good games? I heard they both kinda suck and are zzz and the best part was the turn based combat so idk

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4610 on: February 14, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »
Bayo 3 was what i was waiting for to get a Switch (or a revision, whicever came first) but that new Astral Chain looks real nice, and if that Oninaki has action combat, i may even think about that, too (probably on the cheap tho).
Fuck though, designs by Katsura? Hadn't read that name since i was like, 13, reading VideoGirl AI, ShadowLady, I'S, DNA and Zetman...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
though he was mostly famous for drawing some legendary ass shots.
[close]
  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4611 on: February 14, 2019, 01:09:50 PM »
Bayo 3 was what i was waiting for to get a Switch (or a revision, whicever came first) but that new Astral Chain looks real nice, and if that Oninaki has action combat, i may even think about that, too (probably on the cheap tho).
Fuck though, designs by Katsura? Hadn't read that name since i was like, 13, reading VideoGirl AI, ShadowLady, I'S, DNA and Zetman...
spoiler (click to show/hide)
though he was mostly famous for drawing some legendary ass shots.
[close]
  :doge

He's been around over the past decade, doing anime thangs.

Tiger & Bunny (anime, character designs, 2011)
Garo -Guren no Tsuki- (anime, character designs, 2015)
The Girl in Twilight (multimedia franchise, character designs, 2018)
Double Decker!  Doug & Kirill (anime, character designs, 2018)

Watched all of the latter and didn't think he was the designer, but now that I know that, I can totally see it.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:13:52 PM by bork »
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4612 on: February 14, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
I'm a huge Rune Factory fanboy. But even as much as I loved RF4 it had some fundamental flaws in how it dealt with events where you practically had to cheat to get the marriage stuff for certain characters. I hope they fix these, but they seem pretty fundamental so I doubt that'll get fixed. Further, I'm excited for RF5, but marvelous shut down. So who is the developer?
que

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4613 on: February 14, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »
Astral Chain looked awesome. I actually liked Anarchy Reigns so...

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4614 on: February 14, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
Further, I'm excited for RF5, but marvelous shut down. So who is the developer?

It was Riverland [the Rune Factory devs] that shut down, Marvelous hired them shortly afterward.
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4615 on: February 14, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »
Further, I'm excited for RF5, but marvelous shut down. So who is the developer?

It was Riverland [the Rune Factory devs] that shut down, Marvelous hired them shortly afterward.
:leon
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #4616 on: February 15, 2019, 03:25:28 AM »
Rune Factory is the only waifu shit I can tolerate, because I know it comes from Harvest Moon. But I hope the new one is like the Wii game and SNES HM, in which you need to explore and interact to get all the tools and citizens. Not a fan of HM/RF entries in which everything is unlocked from the get-go.

Svejk

« Reply #4617 on: February 15, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »
But let's be honest...  Nintendo's idea of a sequel of late has been skewed...  Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2??  They polish the Wii UUUUUU port, garnish it with a dash of new content and call it a full blown sequel...  Who do they think they are, Koei?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4618 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:59 AM »
But let's be honest...  Nintendo's idea of a sequel of late has been skewed...  Splatoon 2 and Mario Maker 2??  They polish the Wii UUUUUU port, garnish it with a dash of new content and call it a full blown sequel...  Who do they think they are, Koei?  :doge

You're really reaching here.  I think that you really want a Switch but you're doing everything you can to avoid buying one.   :P
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #4619 on: February 15, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
If Nintendo completely scrapped BotW for Wii U in favor of the Snap only, I would've had one day 1.  :umad   Other than Odyssey, everything else I would want on it, is on the Wii U still.  :yeshrug
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:11:30 AM by Svejk »