Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 943532 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #4740 on: March 20, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »
Im down for cuphead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4741 on: March 20, 2019, 01:23:01 PM »
This looked cool, too:

ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4742 on: March 20, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
Oh yeah ill get that too, read good things about Crypt

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4743 on: March 20, 2019, 04:22:29 PM »
Oof finally got Thimbleweed Park cause it went on sale at last (50%)

So many Switch games to finish now   :o

Toad
South Park
Valkyria Chronicles
Resident Evil Revelations
Thimbleweed Park
Should prob also finish Splatoon 2

What a console

Bebpo

« Reply #4744 on: March 20, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »
Crypt of the Necrodancer is great. I'll get that spinoff.

What else did they announce in the direct besides Cuphead and the Blaster Master Zero II (was the first any good?)?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4745 on: March 20, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/akfamilyhomeak/status/1108422983872188417

What else did they announce in the direct besides Cuphead and the Blaster Master Zero II (was the first any good?)?

Yes, if you like the original Blaster Master, you'll love Zero.  The original has some paid DLC characters (Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc.) but nothing you absolutely need to buy if you don't care.  Tried Zero 2 for a bit and it's a more polished take on the original.  Good stuff.

Creature In The Well
Cadence Of Hyrule
Nuclear Throne
Super Crate Box
Vlambeer Arcade with Ultrabugs
Pine
Bloodroots
RAD (Doublefine-developed)
Katana ZERO
Darkwood
The Red Lantern
Neo Cab
My Friend Pedro
Overland
Cuphead
Blaster Master Zero 2

That Neo Cab music
:lawd
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4746 on: March 21, 2019, 02:09:23 AM »
Thanks Bork. Some of those look good.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4747 on: March 21, 2019, 03:14:08 AM »
Creature in the well looks good too, I'm intrigued.

Neo Cab could be something special as well. I saw your rides where giving you ratings ala uber, maybe I'm just fantasizing but that could be some social commentary there where you have to balance speaking your mind in this "capra town" and not offending anyone as to get good ratings. Basically selling out.

Bebpo

« Reply #4748 on: March 21, 2019, 06:14:12 PM »
Is Romancing Saga 2 good? I see the Switch version is on-sale for 50% off and I like that the sprites are old-school and not some gross clean look. Never played RS2.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4749 on: March 21, 2019, 06:57:48 PM »
Is Romancing Saga 2 good? I see the Switch version is on-sale for 50% off and I like that the sprites are old-school and not some gross clean look. Never played RS2.

Well, what do you think of Kawazu? If you can tolerate his eccentric gameplay, RS2 is one of the better games by him.
^_^

Fifstar

« Reply #4750 on: March 25, 2019, 05:22:03 AM »
Seems like Nintendo will release a portable and a pro revision as soon as summer this year. Portable rersion makes too much sense with Mario Maker, Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Will send their japanese business into overdrive.

Not so sure about then pro version. I guess it will have higher build quality (smaller bezels) and maybe run more games at their target of 720/1080 instead of sub-native
Gulp

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4751 on: March 25, 2019, 06:58:30 AM »
Yeah.
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/wall-street-journal-nintendo-to-release-two-new-switch-models-as-early-as-summer
Does this mean they'll keep the original version and have three skus at once ???
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4752 on: March 25, 2019, 09:01:55 AM »
I want a portable pro version

Fifstar

« Reply #4753 on: March 25, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
Yeah.
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/wall-street-journal-nintendo-to-release-two-new-switch-models-as-early-as-summer
Does this mean they'll keep the original version and have three skus at once ???

Who knows. Maybe the Pro version isn't really a pro version but replaces the current SKU, allowing Nintendo to keep the same price.

I want a portable pro version

New Pro version, whatever it is, surely will be portable as well.

I guess the new 'portable' version will be dockable as well, but maybe you need to buy the dock extra. Or it just comes just with an HDMI out.
Gulp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4754 on: March 25, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »
Sweet, getting a switch when these release. Not sure if it will be one of them or a used one when the market is flooded with em

Svejk

« Reply #4755 on: March 25, 2019, 02:49:38 PM »
Their online store may have some good deals on some refurbs at that point.

Himu

« Reply #4756 on: March 25, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

It's one of the most unique SNES rpgs, which is saying something considering that time period was full of experimentation and creativity. I say grab it. It's friendly despite being Kawazu and it's a real charming looker. Only played the mobile version though.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4757 on: March 25, 2019, 03:45:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/akfamilyhomeak/status/1108422983872188417

Yes, if you like the original Blaster Master, you'll love Zero.  The original has some paid DLC characters (Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc.) but nothing you absolutely need to buy if you don't care.  Tried Zero 2 for a bit and it's a more polished take on the original.  Good stuff.

Creature In The Well
Cadence Of Hyrule
Nuclear Throne
Super Crate Box
Vlambeer Arcade with Ultrabugs
Pine
Bloodroots
RAD (Doublefine-developed)
Katana ZERO
Darkwood
The Red Lantern
Neo Cab
My Friend Pedro
Overland
Cuphead
Blaster Master Zero 2

That Neo Cab music
:lawd

These look fantastic.

An arkanoid action game and an Uber system. Hell yeah. I really need a switch. Been waiting for the announcement of their new models before I dive in.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #4758 on: March 25, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »

....Nintendo's online store? Good deals? The same store that still sells Wii U (and some Wii) games for $60? :lol :lol :lol
I got my refurbed 32GB Wii U for $200 a few years back.  Was the best deal you could find at the time.  And included the 90 Day warranty too. :yeshrug     Now it's hacked to all hell and is my go-to emu machine.

LOL @ buying Nintendo games.   :betty

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4759 on: March 25, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »
 :banplz

kingv

« Reply #4760 on: March 25, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »

....Nintendo's online store? Good deals? The same store that still sells Wii U (and some Wii) games for $60? :lol :lol :lol
I got my refurbed 32GB Wii U for $200 a few years back.  Was the best deal you could find at the time.  And included the 90 Day warranty too. :yeshrug     Now it's hacked to all hell and is my go-to emu machine.

LOL @ buying Nintendo games.   :betty

Definitey gotta make a distinction between their refurb sales and the Eshop .

Eshop has shitty sales, but refurb Nintendo stuff is good to go.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:26:48 PM by kingv »

Himu

« Reply #4761 on: March 25, 2019, 04:52:26 PM »
Will the pro version be cosnole only or something?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4762 on: March 25, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »
Will the pro version be cosnole only or something?

Nah, that wouldn't make sense.  Betting on it being a version of the system that has the extra power the system has when docked or something.

I just hope either one or both of these revisions come with revamped joycons (or the 'mini' version having it built in) that have a real d-pad.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4763 on: March 26, 2019, 01:42:36 AM »
Pro version: 1080P oled screen, cpu upgrade.

Mini version: Smaller 720p screen, non detachable joy cons. No dock included.

My bet

kingv

« Reply #4764 on: March 26, 2019, 02:36:00 AM »
I could see that.

Whatever it is, I bet it will be on a smaller process which will give you most of the gains.

Maybe battery life gains too.

Trent Dole

Hi

Chooky

« Reply #4766 on: March 26, 2019, 11:47:30 PM »
preparing for incoming whining from current switch owners mad that they "have" to upgrade to the new, better version

Trent Dole

« Reply #4767 on: March 27, 2019, 01:41:03 AM »
Nintendo always upgrade their hand held type stuff, and Switch is a hand held type thing ..partially. Early adapters have had a couple years of quality games, usually consoles are kind of a droughty shit show the first while but there's more I want on this thing than the other two main machines which have been out considerably longer.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4768 on: March 27, 2019, 02:39:55 AM »
The thing that would make me upgrade probably is improved joy con quality build because right now its pretty shoddy, rrod levels almoat. Im very fortunate that so far ive gotten new joy cons twice under warranty (in 1,5 year)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4769 on: March 27, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »
Don't care about HD rumble shit, so if that's the biggest difference between the models and the smaller one is that much smaller (and has a real d-pad), I might go for that over the 'pro' version.  Depends on specs and TV-out stuff though.  If it's handheld-only...nope.

The thing that would make me upgrade probably is improved joy con quality build because right now its pretty shoddy, rrod levels almoat. Im very fortunate that so far ive gotten new joy cons twice under warranty (in 1,5 year)

What are you doing to those joycons?  :doge

Mine have been fine. 
:idont
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4770 on: March 27, 2019, 10:38:22 AM »
Sounding like refurb/used original switch for me 🤷‍♀️

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4771 on: March 27, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Some scummy shit going on here.  Xenon Racer for Switch has a misleading trailer (even on the eShop).  The actual game does not look or run anywhere near as good.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4772 on: March 27, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »
Looks downgraded on PC, too.

Cool; money saved- sending this shit back to Amazon when it arrives.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4773 on: March 27, 2019, 11:08:26 AM »
Don't care about HD rumble shit, so if that's the biggest difference between the models and the smaller one is that much smaller (and has a real d-pad), I might go for that over the 'pro' version.  Depends on specs and TV-out stuff though.  If it's handheld-only...nope.

Mine have been fine. 

Would seem to be a no brainer to introduce an official hdmi out “travel” dongle that can also charge. Plenty of people seem to want it.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4774 on: March 27, 2019, 11:39:43 AM »

Mine have been fine. 

195 hours of fortnite

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4775 on: March 27, 2019, 05:26:10 PM »
They have to include hd rumble, otherwise certain games wouldn’t work on that model.

kingv

« Reply #4776 on: March 27, 2019, 05:42:22 PM »
Are there games that need hd rumble other than 1,2 switch?

HD rumble was sort of underwhelming to me. I thought it would be really cool. But I can’t think of any game where I gave a shit about it yet.

Come to think of it, it won’t support a lot of games if the joycons don’t come off.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4777 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:24 PM »
Mario Party, some mini games I think

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4778 on: March 27, 2019, 07:59:24 PM »
They have to include hd rumble, otherwise certain games wouldn’t work on that model.

Nah, they would still work- there's nothing stopping you from buying a pair of joycons and pairing them up with the system.  More money for Nintendo via accessory sales.
 :money
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4779 on: March 27, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
So rumor has it Nintendo is reviving a dead game and now the ninthings are all convinced it is Scalebound.
What do the ladies and gentlemen of the bire think?

Scalebound would make sense so I doubt that's the game Nintendo is thinking about bringing back.
Watch it be some obscure Wii game, a Factor 5 Star Wars game or the Wii U party game that Ubisoft finished but never released.

Come to think of it the Star Wars game would make the most sense because Julian Eggebrecht actually talked about shopping it to publishers.
Not to mention Nintendo has a gaping hole in their sci-fi line-up with Metroid missing in action and Disney is losing out on that sweet Switch money.
doshin the giant is back baybee!!

Trent Dole

« Reply #4780 on: March 28, 2019, 01:53:24 AM »
Hi

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4781 on: March 28, 2019, 01:59:10 AM »
long dead game?

Bebpo

« Reply #4782 on: March 28, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »
Saw the latest DQXIS news that there is a "normal, fast, really fast" battle speed option, DQXI 3ds parts where you visit other DQ games is still gonna be in and other small changes like being able to call a horse at anytime and get exp by running over enemies with your horse.

At this point seems smart to just bail out of the PS4 version and wait and play this one through. I'm sure the graphics will take a huge hit and look all jaggy and lower res in on a 1080p tv, but oh well if I love the game maybe I'll replay it on PC when it's $5 in a few years with super nice visuals.

Since I was like 35 hours into the PS4 one, I think I'll just play in 2d mode until I get back to that point which will make it less boring replaying all that content.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4783 on: March 28, 2019, 01:56:44 PM »
Saw the latest DQXIS news that there is a "normal, fast, really fast" battle speed option, DQXI 3ds parts where you visit other DQ games is still gonna be in and other small changes like being able to call a horse at anytime and get exp by running over enemies with your horse.

At this point seems smart to just bail out of the PS4 version and wait and play this one through. I'm sure the graphics will take a huge hit and look all jaggy and lower res in on a 1080p tv, but oh well if I love the game maybe I'll replay it on PC when it's $5 in a few years with super nice visuals.

Since I was like 35 hours into the PS4 one, I think I'll just play in 2d mode until I get back to that point which will make it less boring replaying all that content.

Very glad I waited on this.

Although I don't know if I'm even going to get it at this point- Builders 2 looks way more appealing to me.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #4784 on: March 28, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
Yeah, I mean I don't remember the battle system being obnoxiously slow or anything (like DQ8 felt sloow battles on ps2 when that came out, 11 is much faster), but anything to speed up rpgs and make the playtimes shorter is good in my book. Especially if you have to grind at any point it's nice to have.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4785 on: March 28, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
no trophies. inferior version, have fun
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4786 on: March 28, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
free nintendo online if you have twitch/amazon prime. stacks with current memberships but doesn't work with family accounts

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1111350373258715136

Bebpo

« Reply #4787 on: March 28, 2019, 05:06:36 PM »
Do you have to pay for twitch? I have amazon prime.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4788 on: March 28, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
If you have Amazon Prime you get Twitch Prime with it, just need to link your Amazon and Twitch accounts. A Twitch account is free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202096320

It's worth it cause they give out free games and free DLC and such through it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 06:07:26 PM by nachobro »

kingv

« Reply #4789 on: March 28, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »
This is probably the best twitch prime deal yet!

Bebpo

« Reply #4790 on: March 28, 2019, 09:31:19 PM »
If you have Amazon Prime you get Twitch Prime with it, just need to link your Amazon and Twitch accounts. A Twitch account is free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202096320

It's worth it cause they give out free games and free DLC and such through it.

So I signed up for this but my saved login/password on Nintendo was for my Japanese account, not my US one, so my twitch registered to that and I'm pretty sure the deal is US only and I didn't get it  :'(

Eh, it's 1/4th of $20 sub, so not gonna lose sleep over it. Might still be able to get the one after 60 days since now twitch should be registered to my US Nintendo account.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4791 on: March 29, 2019, 07:42:28 AM »
That Yoshi game that just came out is easy enough that.a 5 year old can play it, right?

#lasminutebirthdayideas

Boredfrom

« Reply #4792 on: March 29, 2019, 07:51:48 AM »
free nintendo online if you have twitch/amazon prime. stacks with current memberships but doesn't work with family accounts

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1111350373258715136

Good, I dont need to pay for Nintendo online for a year.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #4793 on: March 29, 2019, 08:25:26 PM »
That Yoshi game that just came out is easy enough that.a 5 year old can play it, right?

#lasminutebirthdayideas

Unless the full game is different from the demo, definitely.
___

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4794 on: April 03, 2019, 09:33:53 AM »
Civ6 now supports cross saving between steam and switch

Thats pretty amazing

Fifstar

« Reply #4795 on: April 03, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »

Thats pretty amazing

That's really cool. Might push me to get Civ 6. How is Civ 6 comapred to 5 anyways?
Gulp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4796 on: April 04, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »
Mario Odyssey gets Toy-Con VR mini games...and Zelda BoTW is 100% Toy-Con VR compatible.  Nintendo about to sell truckloads of cardboard.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1113969503459663873
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4797 on: April 04, 2019, 10:58:42 PM »
I would not have thought it possible.

Surely it doesn’t use the 3D feature... right?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4798 on: April 05, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »
PSP had it!

ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4799 on: April 05, 2019, 12:49:12 AM »

Thats pretty amazing

That's really cool. Might push me to get Civ 6. How is Civ 6 comapred to 5 anyways?

I don't know really :(

I have 5 and 6 but havent played them enough to say anything smart