Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946943 times)

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #840 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »
i mean, i know some of you are hot and bothered being the filthy weebs and nin-nonces you are, but this thing is deeeeaad.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #841 on: January 13, 2017, 12:38:34 AM »
i mean, i know some of you are hot and bothered being the filthy weebs and nin-nonces you are, but this thing is deeeeaad.
This thing is going to do worse than the Wii U. The price is bad and man they really needed a killer app right from the get go. A Pokemonr port honestly could have helped.

Himu

« Reply #842 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
You know when you see something that has never existed that you didn't know you desperately wanted until you saw it? Mario Odyssey is that for me! An open world Mario?! I never-!
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #843 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:58 AM »
Nintendo PS+

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

How I'm reading it is, you get to rent them for that month and only that month. It's not like PS+ where you rent for as long as your sub (and "keep" them even if your sub-lapses for a few months and you re-sub to re-rent them).

Himu

« Reply #844 on: January 13, 2017, 12:40:07 AM »
Thank you Nintendo for appealing to filthy casuals such as myself :bow
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #845 on: January 13, 2017, 12:40:50 AM »
There's no way this does worse than Wii U.
püp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #846 on: January 13, 2017, 12:41:14 AM »
This thing is going to do worse than the Wii U. The price is bad and man they really needed a killer app right from the get go. A Pokemonr port honestly could have helped.

How is Zelda not a killer app?

The pricing for the accessories is steep but I don't see anything that really says 'failure'. Should do better than the Xbomb and WiiU at least.
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #847 on: January 13, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »
I wonder how much GameStop would offer for a Wii U trade in towards this
püp

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #848 on: January 13, 2017, 12:43:32 AM »
i understood the concept to a point, but it should have just been a $100 craptablet with two of those lilliput controllers. gone hard on the social multiplayer angle and stacked it with nidhogg/gangbeastalikes.

instead they've priced themselves out of the toy market but made it far too shit to compete with even 2014 standards as a big boy console.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #849 on: January 13, 2017, 12:46:21 AM »
Given it's Tegra, I'm wondering how fast it'll take to emulate on the Shield.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2017, 12:46:53 AM »

How is Zelda not a killer app?

The pricing for the accessories is steep but I don't see anything that really says 'failure'. Should do better than the Xbomb and WiiU at least.
How is Zelda a killer app? How is anything they've shown exciting to people who don't give a crap about these old brands? Splatoon is a bigger deal probably than Zelda, but it's not a launch title and now behind a paywall. If you skipped over the Wii U, what's here to appeal to you over the systems you already have? The system looks like it's in the same position of the Wii U. It's as powerful as the already available and possibly cheaper competition and has a gimmick that honestly doesn't seem like it will do much.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
Fuck you Switch is giving me SMT and Xenoblade, it can be a doorstop for all I care
fat

Himu

« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49:29 AM »
Fuck you Switch is giving me SMT and Xenoblade, it can be a doorstop for all I care

:rejoice
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #853 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49:58 AM »
Are you describing the Wii U or the Switch?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #854 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »
I'm describing the machine that's giving me Xenoblade 2 and SMT, what part did you miss
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #855 on: January 13, 2017, 12:52:21 AM »
I'm describing the machine that's giving me Xenoblade 2 and SMT, what part did you miss
So the Wii U?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #856 on: January 13, 2017, 12:54:29 AM »
Friends and ppl on my FB feed are going crazy. Here, the usual westaboos and Rah are poo-pooing it but it seems much more appealing even at this stage for most people here than the WiiU. I think it'll be the successor to the 3DS in terms of game libraries, like I originally hoped for.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #857 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:11 AM »
You psychotic rat faced distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.
fat

Tasty

« Reply #858 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:13 AM »
You psychotic rat faced distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

Newsfeed.

Tasty

« Reply #859 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:16 AM »

Himu

« Reply #860 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »
It's very clear that the Switch is not going to do close to Wii U numbers, come on y'all.

But I need to troll Nintendo. :brazilcry
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #861 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:51 AM »
It's very clear that the Switch is not going to do close to Wii U numbers, come on y'all.
Based on what? Hopefully not them basicly showing the same shit they've been showing for years.  Maybe you people need to step out of your own FB feeds and realize, people don't actually give a shit about Nintendo consoles when they aren't cheap.

My FB feed and Twitter is filled with Xenoblade posts. Guess that's going to be a million seller.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #862 on: January 13, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #863 on: January 13, 2017, 01:00:15 AM »
who gives a fuck if switch fails or not. i get to play xenoblade and smt. and hat mario. and fire emblem mash the attack button.

all these gay ass waggle games and noodle arm shit is trash. just stepping stones to the real reason to buy a switch
fat

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #864 on: January 13, 2017, 01:01:10 AM »
Shit sounds like a next gen console made in 2012, a console thats 5 years late. I expect Wii-u levels of disappointment in the first six months.

:salute
OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #865 on: January 13, 2017, 01:02:13 AM »
So do you think Xenoblade 2 will be based off the ending of the first and you are in Shulk's "created future"?  :o
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #866 on: January 13, 2017, 01:02:45 AM »
How is Zelda a killer app?
:confused

Splatoon is a bigger deal probably than Zelda
:confused :confused :confused :goldberg :confused
Yeah the multi million seller new ip(on the Wii U) of all things. It sure is very confusing that it may be bigger then a declining series. Sure will be in Japan at least.

You do realize Splatoon has sold more on the Wii U than Skyward Sword did on the Wii?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #867 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:16 AM »
Zelda :rejoice
Mario :rejoice
SMT5 :rejoice
Bomberman :rejoice
Xeno 2 :rejoice

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/819776757892976643

:bow Nintendo :bow2

mormapope

« Reply #868 on: January 13, 2017, 01:08:17 AM »
Its gonna do og xbox and gamecube numbers.  :lol
OH!

Himu

« Reply #869 on: January 13, 2017, 01:09:32 AM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #870 on: January 13, 2017, 01:12:59 AM »

If it does do those numbers let's have a bet that you, lager, and rah are perma banned. If it does, I'll take a perma ban.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #871 on: January 13, 2017, 01:19:57 AM »
299 and paid online :lol

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #872 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24:38 AM »
that would actually be a significant improvement over the Wii U, to be fair.

this thing is made for Japan, its gonna slay there. As a consequence of such, it'll have the niche kinda stuff that I'm into and I'll be forced into getting one at some point.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #873 on: January 13, 2017, 01:26:25 AM »

this thing is made for Japan, its gonna slay there. As a consequence of such, it'll have the niche kinda stuff that I'm into and I'll be forced into getting one at some point.
Made for Japan with 2.5 hours of battery life? I'm not seeing how it's going to slay there. Do better than the Wii U? Maybe, but at this point if you're making a console game in Japan you don't avoid the PS4 either.

mormapope

« Reply #874 on: January 13, 2017, 01:26:54 AM »

If it does do those numbers let's have a bet that you, lager, and rah are perma banned. If it does, I'll take a perma ban.

Taking this bet against someone who makes multiple accounts  :ohyou

OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #875 on: January 13, 2017, 01:27:03 AM »
Zelda WiiU is same day. The final WiiU game is only 2 months away. Then the agonizing wait for X E N O B L A D E 2
Not too long luckily!

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/819768016711782400

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #876 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:07 AM »
just fyi you can pickup a xbone with a game for 199 here and a ps4 for 250

whos gonna buy this for their kids  :lol

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #877 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:28 AM »
So is the free game only playable for a month? What is this wording

Tasty

« Reply #878 on: January 13, 2017, 01:29:34 AM »
who gives a fuck if switch fails or not. i get to play xenoblade and smt. and hat mario. and fire emblem mash the attack button.

all these gay ass waggle games and noodle arm shit is trash. just stepping stones to the real reason to buy a switch

I was going to say something similar, but less... colorfully. :lol

Who cares how it does. Looks like a great little system, there's finally a unified Nintendo games platform, and the games look great. Going to have a ton of fun with this thing.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #879 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:42 AM »
just fyi you can pickup a xbone with a game for 199 here and a ps4 for 250

whos gonna buy this for their kids  :lol
Also with you know games like Minecraft, Call of Duty, a huge selection of Lego games, and other things your kid and teenager and yourself will like.

Tasty

Rahxephon91

« Reply #881 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »
Zelda WiiU is same day. The final WiiU game is only 2 months away. Then the agonizing wait for X E N O B L A D E 2
Not too long luckily!

https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/819768016711782400
Wait is she working on the game? Maybe  Takahashi was serious when he said the next game would be more story based.

Well if it really comes in 2017(which I doubt) I guess I'll get a Switch.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not like they will be hard to fine, unless Nintendo is Nintendo.
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #882 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:12 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #883 on: January 13, 2017, 01:37:20 AM »
So is the free game only playable for a month? What is this wording
He also tweeted that he was confused by the wording and will ask tomorrow. So we'll see.

GI.biz isn't much clearer
Nintendo Switch will also offer online multiplayer gaming and will feature a paid service beginning in the Fall of 2017. Players will be able to invite friends and set matches from a smart device, receive a free SNES or NES game every month, and receive discounts on digital software. All Nintendo account holders will be able to use the online service for free until the paid service launches this Fall.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-13-nintendo-to-launch-switch-for-usd299-on-march-3

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2017, 01:39:47 AM »
Yeah I think I'll pass until my birthday for now
püp

Himu

« Reply #885 on: January 13, 2017, 01:42:36 AM »

Made for Japan with 2.5 hours of battery life? I'm not seeing how it's going to slay there. Do better than the Wii U? Maybe, but at this point if you're making a console game in Japan you don't avoid the PS4 either.

2.5 to 6 hours battery life.

Here's some facts for you.

2ds battery life: 3.5-5.5 hours

3ds XL battery life: 3-5.5

This basically has the same battery life as the 3ds. In fact, on the high end its about the same as a new 3ds. On the low end is almost on par with a 3ds XL og.

This is why we can't take you seriously on this. You literally make up shit on the fly to suit your agenda.

By the way, Nintendo has sold nearly 60 million units with that batter life. If you think that battery life is bad it's obvious you have not played a handheld system in some time. Even the Vita does 3 to 5 hours.

Please sit in the kiddy corner.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:51:27 AM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #886 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:18 AM »
switch is the kiddie corner though

honestly with this price tag, paid online and already a software draught from launch this thing wont make any new nintendo fans

Himu

« Reply #887 on: January 13, 2017, 01:45:26 AM »
switch is the kiddie corner though

honestly with this price tag, paid online and already a software draught from launch this thing wont make any new nintendo fans

You're a hypocrite. You fellate the ps4, which has pay online. Most of your criticisms are illogical.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #888 on: January 13, 2017, 01:50:22 AM »
Also, yeah, this isn't a "portable" that Japan would use with that battery life and size.

They made it really clear to call it "a console you can take on the go" and totally backed off from calling it a portable.

This is mistaking things.

Nintendo obviously geared this unveiling towards the global market. The global market is not fond of handhelds; Japan is. Nintendo routinely advertises things completely differently in Japan. This system will be advertised as a portable in Japan, especially as the dockless version is revealed. In America and abroad, it will be treated like a console that you can play portably to appeal to a market that does not like handhelds. But the real goal is always Nintendo's bread and butter: Japan. It will be treated as a handheld there for sure.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #889 on: January 13, 2017, 01:51:42 AM »
ps4 and xbone have paid online and you get multiple games included every month

also they are both enthusiast consoles

switch is a tough sell now for kids and 2nd console owners

and wow nintendo not even getting any big online games to justify this fee, like why would anyone sub with no overwatch, destiny, cod, titanfall, fifa etc

Himu

« Reply #890 on: January 13, 2017, 01:52:42 AM »
I'm a huge DB stan who ignored Super, now all I'm seeing is blue hair and wondering what the name, number and power levels are for it.

Watch it for the zamusu arc. most refreshing db saga since android.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #891 on: January 13, 2017, 01:53:14 AM »
2.5 to 6 hours battery life.

Here's some facts for you.

2ds battery life: 3.5-5.5 hours

3ds XL battery life: 3-5.5

This basically has the same battery life as the 3ds. In fact, on the high end its about the same as a new 3ds. On the low end is almost on par with a 3ds XL og.
Basically the same except for the fact where it has a much lower threshold and was based on a vague "well depends on the games" basically saying a specific game tied to either power or internet connection status can deplete the system far quicker. This isn't anything like the 3DS battery where I can reliably play most games at the same quality. This is different where there's and admittance something like that Barvley Defualtish game may get 6 hours, but say Zelda may only be able to get 2 hours. Yeah that's exactly the same as the 3DS.

This is why we can't take you seriously on this. You literally make up shit on the fly to suit your agenda.
You can't take me seriously because I don't agree with youre baseless Nintendo Jerk off agenda. There's no other reason. I commented on the vague bullshit Nintendo threw at me and since you and others are stuck on their dick you can't help but praise them and when asked why this systems won't be a failure, you can't come up with an actual argument.

Hell, did you even buy a Wii U? I sure did(I've been playing TMS this whole time) and I watched as Nintendo pulled the shit it did and I'm watching the same shit again. Complete with distinguished mentally-challenged fellows being excited for it.

Ironically, I can't get through a dungeon in TMS without the Tablet having to be charged.

By the way, Nintendo has sold nearly 60 million units with that batter life. If you think that battery life it's obvious you have not played a handheld system in some time. Even the Vita does 3 to 5 hours.
And struggled to sell the 3DS at first. Yeah this will do a lot better with the same battery life(except you know not the same) when it has to compete with both the PS4/XB1 and Ipad/iphone/Android.

Please sit in the kiddy corner.
Better than the adult corner where they act superior without anything to back it up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:04:03 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #892 on: January 13, 2017, 01:53:44 AM »
Maaaaaaaan Mario Odyssey looks dope.

i know!
IYKYK

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #893 on: January 13, 2017, 01:55:46 AM »
Street fighter 2 is 40$

:lol :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #894 on: January 13, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »
Street fighter 2 is 40$

:lol :lol
But its the best thing ever because it's Nintendo!

Himu

« Reply #895 on: January 13, 2017, 01:58:12 AM »

it's going to be my main system.
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #896 on: January 13, 2017, 01:58:29 AM »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #897 on: January 13, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »
itm

Rahxephon91

« Reply #898 on: January 13, 2017, 01:59:57 AM »

it's going to be my main system.
No agenda here though folks... :heh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #899 on: January 13, 2017, 02:01:41 AM »
I dunno if Switch will be my main system but I can already see myself getting a lot of games for it. Portable+Home console is what I've wanted for a while and I want to play Nintendo games so this has me set.