Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 948848 times)

a slime appears

• retro king
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1140 on: January 14, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »
I've got a hunch that the Wii U is gonna get pricey in 5+ years due to the general obscurity of the games, the low sales of the system, and the limited library with a bunch of system exclusives. This happened with the GameCube and the sought after games are hovering around retail+ prices and the multiplatform games are almost always pricier for the Cube.

So yeah, what he said. Buy now if you're a retro collector!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1141 on: January 14, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
OMG this thing is 400$ in Canada.  What the fuck are they thinking. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1142 on: January 14, 2017, 11:55:21 AM »
Lol no fucking way :p

Coax

« Reply #1143 on: January 14, 2017, 12:03:09 PM »
So in short the cons seem to be

- Paid online, with meager NES/SNES monthly playable game offering
- Zelda BotW is only 900p when docked.
- Not inspiring confidence in third-party support based on announced releases, a variety of which are PS360 era ports
- Maximum battery life 2.5h for 'demanding' games (presumably the type they're promoting as the killer games, eg: Zelda)
- Takes 3 hours to charge
- No user-replaceable battery
- Requires separate smartphone app for voice chat as it lacks any inbuilt functionality
- No bundled games
- Regional pricing complaints
- Edit: also reading that neither the Joy-Con or Pro controllers feature analog triggers

Still think it's an interesting device but expectations tempered a bit since the announcements. Will have to try the haptic feedback controllers when it releases to tell if it's just a gimmick or something more compelling.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:24:51 PM by Coax »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1144 on: January 14, 2017, 12:34:38 PM »
wii uuu too

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1145 on: January 14, 2017, 12:34:40 PM »
You really have to use a smart phone for chat??

« Reply #1146 on: January 14, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
- $50 for single controllers, $80 for both, $70 for Pro Controllers, $90 for extra docks.

You better hope Nintendo makes those add-ons with tons of little moving parts that they want you to constantly snap off and store on their own durable and hard to misplace.  :miyamoto

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1147 on: January 14, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
One bit of criticism I don't get is for the dock.  Yeah, it's $90.  But you get it with the system.  It's $100+ for a Surface Pro dock and it does the same shit, too.

And that's actually something else I don't get- seems like Nintendo could offer a SKU without the dock and maybe price it at $199.  That would probably be a lot more appealing to a lot of folks.

I mean I'm not disagreeing with you guys but this is a Nintendo system. I buy it for Nintendo games and guess what, it has those. Dunno why everyone is so worked up about it.

Are people here really "worked up" over it, though?  I don't see what's wrong with expecting a new console and game line-up to impress and then being critical over what is disappointing about it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1148 on: January 14, 2017, 01:09:09 PM »
Personally, I'd advise anyone interested in a Nintendo system to wait until the switch launch and pick up a used Wii U. Prices will drop like a rock from all the trades, it has a small but decent dedicated library, a an acceptable VC library, and is backwards compatible with disc Wii games (which are dirt cheap now). Come April or May, for the same $300 you'll be able to get a Wii U, Wii remote, and a handful of games. It just won't have that new console feel.

I'm almost done with my Wii U library.  There's just a couple of games I want to pick up on it, but the prices keep staying up because Nintendo.  Nobody bought Mario Tennis Ultra Smash and it got knocked in reviews...but it's still like $40.  :-\

I would still happily sell my system off if a few key games get Switch ports, though.  I may end up doing that anyway (but hang onto games like Bayo 2) with the way Wii U emulation is proceeding.

ど助平

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1149 on: January 14, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »
Looking at it now with all the reveal hype over. Nintendo nailed down the "Product people want that's totally different to PS4/Xbone with great games in the first year" part.

Whose these people?

Seems like a more refined wii u. Cool for people that like nintendo games. But if their goal was to get a wider audience - I'm not seeing that strategy
dur

Tasty

« Reply #1150 on: January 14, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
One bit of criticism I don't get is for the dock.  Yeah, it's $90.  But you get it with the system.  It's $100+ for a Surface Pro dock and it does the same shit, too.

And that's actually something else I don't get- seems like Nintendo could offer a SKU without the dock and maybe price it at $199.  That would probably be a lot more appealing to a lot of folks.

The "switching" is basically the whole gimmick, it's even in the logo and the finger snap plus logo animation will be in every Switch game commercial/trailer. So it makes sense to basically force people to think of the Switch in that way by having a single SKU - it sets the brand's "tone."

That said, here's what I think:

We're going to see a clamshell Switch redesign with integrated Joycons and a much smaller screen for $150 in the next two years, I'd bet. Like a reverse-2DS lol.

GBA SP 2 incoming :rejoice

Once the first pass at the hardware is out there, there's any number of directions Nintendo can take the platform. It's ARM, after all. iPhone-style yearly updates aren't completely out of the question (low probability, but it is possible.) Especially now that the platform has no second screen, it can be reconfigured into a wide variety of alternate forms. Hell, they can make a version without a touchscreen if they want! The Switch dev agreement forces games to be completely playable in both handheld or docked mode.

But of course none of this is happening this year so I understand the complaints. It's just that Nintendo has a lot of leeway with the hardware in the future. I remember when the DS XL was announced and people scratched their head - that's going to seem so quaint after whatever redesigns Nintendo comes up for this thing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1151 on: January 14, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »

The "switching" is basically the whole gimmick, it's even in the logo and the finger snap plus logo animation will be in every Switch game commercial/trailer. So it makes sense to basically force people to think of the Switch in that way by having a single SKU - it sets the brand's "tone."

Sure...but it's not like you can't buy the dock separately. 

I also think they may have dropped the ball a bit in regards to non-gaming features.  Will it have streaming apps available?  A web browser?  These are things that if done well enough, could get folks who just want a cheap tablet for browsing/streaming and gaming to pick one up and make a minor dent, however small, in other tablet sales.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1152 on: January 14, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
Question. Why would you want to have extra joy cons? It splits into two controllers anyways.

Just get the pro controller. Which is definitely overpriced by at least 20 dollars.

Why is buying a second dock necessary?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1153 on: January 14, 2017, 01:31:58 PM »
Question. Why would you want to have extra boy cons? It splits into two controllers anyways.

For four player games and for an extra 2P controller with two analog sticks and more buttons, I'd wager.

Yup.  Head-scratcher right there.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1154 on: January 14, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
Sure...but it's not like you can't buy the dock separately.

Sure. But you remove that question from consumers' brains entirely and suddenly "switching" is what the Switch is about. Have an optional SKU without the convertible capability and the brand message changes.

I can understand why they did it, even if I don't agree.

Tasty

« Reply #1155 on: January 14, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »

It's not. But it's a good nice-to-have for TVs you have access to. Like I'm getting one on launch day for my parents' place so I can game on their TV when I come down (will also be useful for local multiplayer with niece and sisters.) Also if you want to play on both your living room and bedroom TVs. It's good they're offering the option.

Himu

« Reply #1156 on: January 14, 2017, 01:40:44 PM »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1157 on: January 14, 2017, 01:43:17 PM »
Real talk, the system shouldn't come out 3/3. I'm not sure why they're doing that. Is it to meet their fiscal schedule? Bomberman needs to be day one. As do all their other launch window games. Should be delayed by a month IMO.

But Bomberman looks utterly fantastic and I'm not going to get NSMBU on this am I? Thank goodness. I'll finally be able to play quality side scrollers that aren't bad indie games anymore.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1158 on: January 14, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »
Yeah, they really should wait to launch it with Mario Kart on 4/28. Maybe they're rushing it out the door to meet their fiscal year?

Edit- They should also have an NSMB collection for launch. All four games would be pretty neat. Or fuck, even a Mario Maker port with the Switch's new online.

Himu

« Reply #1159 on: January 14, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
Yeah, I think a launch with Zelda, Bomberman, Mario kart would be pretty standard game system launch. An action-adventure game, a puzzle game, and a racing game is the game system launch trifecta.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1160 on: January 14, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »
Real talk, the system shouldn't come out 3/3.

Definitely.  I wish they would have waited until more games were ready.  I also think it would have been good if they had more Wii U ports for it, like Smash and maybe 3D World.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1161 on: January 14, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »
Yeah, they really should wait to launch it with Mario Kart on 4/28. Maybe they're rushing it out the door to meet their fiscal year?

Edit- They should also have an NSMB collection for launch. All four games would be pretty neat. Or fuck, even a Mario Maker port with the Switch's new online.

Absolutely agreed. Need that Mario.

In the end I might have to get a Wii U because there's no guarantee these games will be ported to the switch and after FF I want to get my side scroller on.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #1162 on: January 14, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »
HD Rumble seems legit. I think I saw Nintendo were licensing some patents on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228340826#post228340826
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228340898#post228340898

The demo that blew my mind was the marble box.

Imagine you are holding a small wooden box, with x amount of marbles inside. As you move the box, you can feel them move and clack against each other.

The Joy-con can emulate this feeling incredibly well, I was able clearly feel three separate marbles rolling down the side of the Joy-con and then each hitting each other as they got to the bottom.

The 1-2-Switch marble box mini game asks you to guess how many marbles are in your joycon by moving it. Pretty much every time I could guess, even when there were 6-7 in there.

That was special, it even gave a false sense of weight due to the rumbles. I really like the tech.

The ice cube thing is legit.

More on the marble thing. At one point I had a single marble in the Joy-con, I was able to slowly roll.it around inside and clearly feel it in every area.

It was a strange sensation to hold the marble dead in the center, with a lot of balance! You'd could even feel the marble gain momentum as you tilted the Joy-con.

Only think missing is the clack sound because no speaker, but you really can feel it.

Genuine mind blown. I played that demo a lot.

Himu

« Reply #1163 on: January 14, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »
HD Rumble seems legit. I think I saw Nintendo were licensing some patents on it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228340826#post228340826
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228340898#post228340898

The demo that blew my mind was the marble box.

Imagine you are holding a small wooden box, with x amount of marbles inside. As you move the box, you can feel them move and clack against each other.

The Joy-con can emulate this feeling incredibly well, I was able clearly feel three separate marbles rolling down the side of the Joy-con and then each hitting each other as they got to the bottom.

The 1-2-Switch marble box mini game asks you to guess how many marbles are in your joycon by moving it. Pretty much every time I could guess, even when there were 6-7 in there.

That was special, it even gave a false sense of weight due to the rumbles. I really like the tech.

The ice cube thing is legit.

More on the marble thing. At one point I had a single marble in the Joy-con, I was able to slowly roll.it around inside and clearly feel it in every area.

It was a strange sensation to hold the marble dead in the center, with a lot of balance! You'd could even feel the marble gain momentum as you tilted the Joy-con.

Only think missing is the clack sound because no speaker, but you really can feel it.

Genuine mind blown. I played that demo a lot.

That sounds incredible. TBH I don't even play games with rumble these days. It's like, who cares? It vibrates some times. It used to be immersive when I was a kid but rumble tech hasn't evolved in so long that it's hard to care.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1164 on: January 14, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »

this is the answer to "why do you need more joycons?"

also bomberman is a launch title. that and zelda will definitely have me set for a bit

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1165 on: January 14, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »

- It is absolutely BAFFLING that they won't allow external HDD storage linking to the Dock. Wouldn't it make fucking sense to have that as a library of games and you can easily switch (lulz) which ones you want on the go? Noooo let's not because this "goes against the philosophy of a portable", and also have 32gigs of internal storage only, because this is 2004 or something. Which leads me to...

Huh?  I thought it was confirmed that you could use an external HDD with the dock?  It has a USB 3.0 port in the back.

No. If you removed the system from the dock while it was running a game from an external drive you'd get yourself fucked pretty easily.

I mean by this logic no console should have HDD because there will always be someone stupid enough to power down while the HDD is being accessed.

Tasty

« Reply #1166 on: January 14, 2017, 02:09:22 PM »

- It is absolutely BAFFLING that they won't allow external HDD storage linking to the Dock. Wouldn't it make fucking sense to have that as a library of games and you can easily switch (lulz) which ones you want on the go? Noooo let's not because this "goes against the philosophy of a portable", and also have 32gigs of internal storage only, because this is 2004 or something. Which leads me to...

Huh?  I thought it was confirmed that you could use an external HDD with the dock?  It has a USB 3.0 port in the back.

No. If you removed the system from the dock while it was running a game from an external drive you'd get yourself fucked pretty easily.

I mean by this logic no console should have HDD because there will always be someone stupid enough to power down while the HDD is being accessed.

Other systems aren't marketed as portable and don't have their convertible gimmick as their name.

Himu

« Reply #1167 on: January 14, 2017, 02:12:49 PM »

this is the answer to "why do you need more joycons?"

also bomberman is a launch title. that and zelda will definitely have me set for a bit

Good point.
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1168 on: January 14, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »

Other systems aren't marketed as portable and don't have their convertible gimmick as their name.

What is the problem with the Switch going to home screen if it's removed and the game state being cached on the HDD exactly? And what's the worse that could happen regardless? You lose your progress? Onoez.

It's not like there aren't any technical solutions at all to limit people's ability to be dumb with this.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1169 on: January 14, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »
Size comparison.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1170 on: January 14, 2017, 02:21:57 PM »
What is the problem with the Switch going to home screen if it's removed and the game state being cached on the HDD exactly? And what's the worse that could happen regardless? You lose your progress? Onoez.

It's not like there aren't any technical solutions at all to limit people's ability to be dumb with this.

A Nintendo rep said they're looking into it so we might get it eventually, but I'm not expecting much. And TBH I don't even think I'd personally use it, being able to take all my games with me anywhere is a big deal to me - partly the reason I went all-digital in the first place.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #1171 on: January 14, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »
Are people here really "worked up" over it, though?  I don't see what's wrong with expecting a new console and game line-up to impress and then being critical over what is disappointing about it.

Nothing wrong at all. I just found it interesting seeing people be disappointed when it comes to Nintendo. Not being cynical but given their industry performance for the past 20 years it's been pretty easy to pin down what to expect. I would like them to do better though! I think their internal strategy of combining both console and handheld teams to concentrate on a singular platform to be pretty damn smart. This should be pretty evident when we move into year two on the Switch.

The prices on accessories are pretty hilarious though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:22:36 PM by a slime appears »

Dennis

« Reply #1172 on: January 14, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1173 on: January 14, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
is that supposed to be impressive?

Vertigo

« Reply #1175 on: January 14, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Despite my initial misgivings I was going to pre order, but watching as the slow drip of info that has come out this week. Has put me off again. This machine is not ready for primetime imo and at the price Nintendo is asking especially for a 'modern' console too many unacceptable and laughable practices, classic Nintendo hard headed bizarre decisions and workarounds for things that should just work.

Hopefully Black Friday this year will see significant price drops and better content.

Good luck to the early adopters.

Himu

« Reply #1177 on: January 14, 2017, 06:15:08 PM »
Decided to pre order because I'll just work extra in Feb to afford it. ^_^

Best places to pre order?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5nwxx2/can_we_stop_jumping_all_these_guns_please/

This Reddit post sums up my thoughts! I find it funny people shit on the launch games when ps4 and Xbone had jack shit. I rmemeber the ps4 launch being absolutely lukewarm. Fucking KNACK. :lol Convinced gamers have short term memory. PS4 was trash for years. Yet I don't find anything within ps4 launch that is as fun looking as Zelda, Bomberman, or Mario Kart.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1178 on: January 14, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »
Sorry but thats your niche taste, PS4 launch shits on Switch launch for 99% of the people out there, its more varied and has something for everyone.

Zelda won't even do half the numbers of any of these games prob... niche

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Contrast
DC Universe Online
Escape Plan
FIFA 14
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14

Need for Speed Rivals
Putty Squad
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Super Motherload
The Playroom
Trine 2: Complete Story
Warframe
War Thunder

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #1179 on: January 14, 2017, 06:24:08 PM »
You keep confusing your opinion with popular opinion.

Himu

« Reply #1180 on: January 14, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
You keep confusing your opinion with popular opinion.

That's because I have never been wrong about a system and its potential for popularity. Many of you got Dreamcast's at launch. I didn't. I knew it was a dud from the start even if the games were great. Why? Because I went with ps1 over Saturn because I was smart and Saturn died a quick death. You got an Xbox instead of a ps2. Many of you are salty about Nintnedo because of Wii U but guess what, I had a bad feeling about Wii U and skipped it. Many of you even bought Vita's. Some of you bought ps3's at launch. I have never faltered in my sixth sense about a system in the mainstream eye. And I doubt I'll be wrong this time. I have never picked a sales dud. I bet some of you bought Virtua Boy's and Sega CD's and 32x's and Neo Geo Pocket's. But guess what? I didn't. I've played it pretty safe when it comes to systems and I've never been wrong.

Looking at mainstream outlets on the Switch confirms that my opinion is in line with the mainstream. When it comes to game systems I have generally had the same opinion of Joe Public.

300 dollars for a system that comes with two controllers, can be used at home and on the go in the same unit is pretty big.

I remember some of you saying Xbone would still beat ps4 because the average buyer doesn't care about stuff like online only. You ended up being wrong about that too and ps4 ended up the victor, just like I predicted.

I'm telling you Lager. I have never been wrong about a system. I hope you like bbc and I'm not talking about the English network. You have a hard bet ahead of you.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1181 on: January 14, 2017, 07:11:11 PM »
Trading in my entire Wii U collection for this because I'm an idiot
püp

SantaC

« Reply #1182 on: January 14, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »

you cant get Zelda on Wii U and wait to get a switch when there are more games?

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1183 on: January 14, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
I'm no longer regretting that $200 I spent on a used weeoo

(Also considering the fact that I skipped the Wii generation so I bought a bunch of old garbage and got HDMI out for it)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1184 on: January 14, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »

As he said...

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1185 on: January 14, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »
That's because I have never been wrong about a system and its potential for popularity. Many of you got Dreamcast's at launch. I didn't. I knew it was a dud from the start even if the games were great. (...) I have never faltered in my sixth sense about a system in the mainstream eye.

Congrats on the most useless superpower ?
ὕβρις

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1186 on: January 14, 2017, 08:24:51 PM »

That would be too sensible wouldn't it
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1187 on: January 14, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »
Many of you got Dreamcast's at launch. I didn't. I knew it was a dud from the start even if the games were great.

Now you're going off on something complete different from what we've been talking about.  If there's one thing that the Dreamcast got right, it was its launch.  The American launch, of course, since they had almost a year after it launched in Japan for more games to come out.

Why? Because I went with ps1 over Saturn because I was smart and Saturn died a quick death.

What?  :lol  The writing was on the wall for the Saturn pretty quickly.  Things went to shit right when they did the whole early release thing at E3 '96 in the States.  I didn't get a Saturn until 1996, and I got it for the superior 2D games and imports.  It kept getting games until like 2000, btw.

You got an Xbox instead of a ps2.

I dunno about Lager, but back then I got all three of the consoles that came out.  Xbox had the best launch, BTW.  And it was certainly a success.
Many of you are salty about Nintnedo because of Wii U but guess what, I had a bad feeling about Wii U and skipped it.

I don't think anyone here is salty about the Wii U.  I don't even think most of us bought one at launch.  :lol 

Many of you even bought Vita's.

Also had a great launch, and has continued to thrive even with what is essentially it being 'dead' to retail over here.
Some of you bought ps3's at launch.

...And got backwards-compatibility and enjoyed what was available at the time?  I mean, I don't think it had a stellar launch or anything, but I wasn't disappointed.  For that gen, that was the Wii, easily, since I didn't like waggle.
I have never faltered in my sixth sense about a system in the mainstream eye. And I doubt I'll be wrong this time.

Wait...you think the Switch is going to be a big success?  Uh...OK.   :doge

I have never picked a sales dud. I bet some of you bought Virtua Boy's and Sega CD's and 32x's and Neo Geo Pocket's. But guess what? I didn't. I've played it pretty safe when it comes to systems and I've never been wrong.

I bet nobody here was dumb enough to buy a VB at launch.  I totally bought one for thirty bucks, though.  I doubt anyone bought a 32X at launch either, for that matter.  And the Neo-Geo Pocket was an awesome little machine that was only discontinued because the company who purchased SNK at the time killed off all their shit.

300 dollars for a system that comes with two controllers, can be used at home and on the go in the same unit is pretty big.

Alternatively, 300 dollars for a system with a laughable amount of HDD space that is in the same price range as the PS4 and Xbone, but doesn't have anywhere near the amount of horsepower, visual power, and lacking in third party support could also make for another Nintendo Wii U level sales bomb.  Much like the Wii was to the Game Cube, I see this thing as a repackaged Wii U.  They're trying to make waggle a thing again and I don't think anyone is really going to care.  It being portable isn't going to matter to all the people who just game on their phones and tablets.  Hell, 'joe average' consumer probably doesn't care since he can play Nintendo on his phone now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1188 on: January 14, 2017, 08:28:27 PM »
Sorry but thats your niche taste, PS4 launch shits on Switch launch for 99% of the people out there, its more varied and has something for everyone.

Zelda won't even do half the numbers of any of these games prob... niche

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Contrast
DC Universe Online
Escape Plan
FIFA 14
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14

Need for Speed Rivals
Putty Squad
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Super Motherload
The Playroom
Trine 2: Complete Story
Warframe
War Thunder

Yup, way more out at launch. 

Now, personally?  I'd take Zelda BoTW over all those games, and I'm not even much of a Zelda fan.  But there's no question as to which system has the better launch in terms of support.

That said, much like how Zelda is a 'last-gen' port, all the games you bolded also came out on the PS3/360, as did a lot of the other games on that list.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1189 on: January 14, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »
Anyways, I've said my piece. Time to drool over this cool looking system!

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1190 on: January 14, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »
Going by that video, "drool all over it" means watch a guy who says he doesn't care about this video game shit and is going there to eat food and meet his buddies.  :doge

Anyways, I've said my piece. Time to drool over this cool looking system!

Yeah, don't respond to us or anything. 
 :cmonson
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1191 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:42 PM »
IYKYK

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1192 on: January 14, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »
lolol himu

dur

Himu

« Reply #1193 on: January 14, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »
Zelda looks incredible on switch! I like the lighting on the blades of grass!

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1194 on: January 14, 2017, 09:49:42 PM »
:goldberg
I like the lighting on the blades of grass!
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1195 on: January 14, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1196 on: January 14, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »
Saw no one talking about this cute game called Snipperclips!

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/nintendo-switch/2017/1/13/14266530/nintendo-switch-snipperclips-gameplay

:insane

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That actually looks like it could be fun.
[close]
ど助平

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1197 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »
snipperclips looked really cool in the treehouse event

Pls don't be a full price game

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1198 on: January 14, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »
snipperclips looked really cool in the treehouse event

Pls don't be a full price game

Does it have single player, though?  Nobody is gonna play that co-op with me.
ど助平

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1199 on: January 14, 2017, 10:07:00 PM »
Think they said 1-4 players