Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946476 times)

Tasty

Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #1440 on: January 18, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »
Come on, you've even stopped responding to posts I've made trying to discuss all this stuff with you guys.

If you're referring to our conversation on the Switch versus tablets for kids, that's because nearly every post of yours in that was a sentence long and ended with a doge or other emoji. Not worth the time to respond to repeated, deliberately-disingenuous shitposts.

Well, why do they need a Switch, then?  :doge

But Nintendo is now making games on iOS/Android.
:umad

I'm not talking about myself.
:facepalm

I take it back...Rahx is right.  :doge

Let me know when 90 million people download Super Mario Odyssey to their Switches like they did with Super Mario Run onto their iOS devices.  :doge

much discuss, such wow

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1441 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:17 PM »
It's not just Netflix...it seems to be everything.

Release a tablet without streaming services or a web browser.  Makes loads of sense.  Why even have a touch screen?  It's not like the games use it.
considering it took me all of about 3 minutes to hack my wii u yesterday and it was mostly done via the browser, my guess is that's why it isn't included on switch :lol

Tasty

« Reply #1442 on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:19 PM »
Since when does Netflix come pre-installed on any console/portable? It's always an optional download.

Netflix (and Hulu, Amazon Video, and YouTube) are preinstalled on Wii U. Same for Nintendo 3DS minus Amazon Video.

I'm probably misappropriating my annoyance here. :lol Like I said earlier I have no problem putting these apps on the eShop for other people who want inferior media experiences compared to every other modern device. Just don't preinstall them!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1443 on: January 18, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »
Come on, you've even stopped responding to posts I've made trying to discuss all this stuff with you guys.

If you're referring to our conversation on the Switch versus tablets for kids, that's because nearly every post of yours in that was a sentence long and ended with a doge or other emoji. Not worth the time to respond to repeated, deliberately-disingenuous shitposts.

much discuss, such wow

Way to cherry-pick posts.   :doge <-- LOOK, DOGE EMOTE! You stopped responding to me out-right instead of keeping the discussion going.

You are saying that others shit post but you do the same thing on this board all the time.  Look at all your fighting game shitposting. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
  :doge
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: January 18, 2017, 12:22:27 PM »

Release a tablet without streaming services or a web browser.  Makes loads of sense.  Why even have a touch screen?  It's not like the games use it.
considering it took me all of about 3 minutes to hack my wii u yesterday and it was mostly done via the browser, my guess is that's why it isn't included on switch :lol

Holy shit, I wonder if this is really the reason why.  :lol

Can't wait until someone hacks the Switch and puts a browser on it.  :doge
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1445 on: January 18, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »
Since when does Netflix come pre-installed on any console/portable? It's always an optional download.

Netflix (and Hulu, Amazon Video, and YouTube) are preinstalled on Wii U. Same for Nintendo 3DS minus Amazon Video.

But you can delete them, no?
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1446 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
Way to cherry-pick posts.   :doge <-- LOOK, DOGE EMOTE! You stopped responding to me out-right instead of keeping the discussion going.

Not only are those the full content of your posts but they were all in the same string of the conversation in question. I didn't cherry pick shit. Go back and look if you don't believe me. The quote headers are linked.

I write this:

You're underestimating children if you expect that they see Mario Run and Odyssey as equivalent.

Yes, you can now play Nintendo games on an iPad.

Are they games people actually want to play?

Or are Nintendo's games on the Switch going to be more appealing?

The question was "why would kids want a Switch when they already have a smart device."

The answer is Nintendo games... that they want to play. Obviously.

Pokemon alone guarantees a huge captive audience - and despite repeated insistence by Nintendo doomsayers this past gen, it's actually grown its base gen-over-gen. XY sold 15.64 million compared to Black/White's 15.6 million. Sun and Moon alone have already sold over 10 million copies in just three months - they're the fastest-selling games in the series, in fact.

Why would a kid want a Switch over a tablet, even though it's missing "standard" features no kid actually gives a fuck about? Quality Nintendo experiences such as Pokemon, as has always been the case for Nintendo's systems.

Will it be enough? Who knows. But that is the answer to that particular question.

That said, I wouldn't mind it if these apps were made available on the eShop. Either way I will never use them and I'd rather not ever see them on my home screen. I had to create three folders on Wii U just to hide all the crapware garbage such as Amazon Video, Hulu, TVii, etc. Chromecast blows all these preinstalled solutions away by a mile.

And you respond with:

Let me know when 90 million people download Super Mario Odyssey to their Switches like they did with Super Mario Run onto their iOS devices.  :doge

So yeah, I'm not inclined to continue the conversation when the responses are barely-intelligible GameFAQ knockoff posts.

You are saying that others shit post but you do the same thing on this board all the time.  Look at all your fighting game shitposting. 
[close]

Difference is I'm not saying "WAIT GUYS LET'S ACTUALLY HAVE A DISCUSSION ON FIGHTING GAMES, WHY ISN'T ANYONE REPLYING TO ME, PLZ RESPOND PLZZZZZZ" like you are with the Switch right now. :umad

Tasty

« Reply #1447 on: January 18, 2017, 12:31:57 PM »

🤔

I've actually never tried, I assumed you couldn't because lol Nintendo. Just stuck them in a folder and threw that folder as far away from the default home screen as possible. :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1448 on: January 18, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »
Last I checked, the other competing dedicated games consoles weren't less dedicated game consoles just because you can run netflix on them.  :doge

Obviously Miyamoto would have to code the Netflix support, so he wouldn't have much time for Pikmin 3 Deluxe Edition+.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1449 on: January 18, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

[close]
3DS hack was via the browser too. Pretty sure the Wii was as well. Feels like that might be it. :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1450 on: January 18, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »
No Netflix and browser confirmed  :lol

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1451 on: January 18, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
no Netflix on a device meant to mainly appeal to kids. great job nintendo
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #1452 on: January 18, 2017, 01:37:19 PM »
no Netflix on a device meant to mainly appeal to kids. great job nintendo

Is it? I mean Nintendo's all inclusive, but there were no kids in the October reveal trailer. Just a bunch of 20-somethings.

Putting that aside, I'm not sure how many 2DS sales were due to the included Netflix app.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1453 on: January 18, 2017, 01:48:44 PM »
The 2DS was a tablet?

No it wasn't, so thats some false equivalency.

The Switch is a tablet and will be compared to and sold as a tablet to people.
It's not unreasonable, but actively going into each Nintendo thread continuously bemoaning their consoles having games you want to play and hoping for them to fail is.
By each you mean 2, with one of them made specifically to talk about the system. And I'm not bemoaning them for having games, that would be true if I said it sucked Nintendo had Xenoblade. No, what I'm doing is criticizing Nintendo as a company and how they handle thier systems. And actually my recent posts here were about how Himuro brought Reggie basically saying the same stuff over again and how apparently that was so much better then how a supposedly smug Sony handled thier systems. Which to me was ludicrous.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:54:45 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1454 on: January 18, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
are you seriously going to act like most of nintendos games aren't geared for children I mean come the entire fuck on

and lord ofc Netflix inclusion didn't drive sales but it's inclusion is extremely important. find me a parent who doesn't have a device at the ready with Netflix on it, seriously
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1455 on: January 18, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »

Not only are those the full content of your posts but they were all in the same string of the conversation in question. I didn't cherry pick shit. Go back and look if you don't believe me. The quote headers are linked.

I write this:

And you respond with:

So yeah, I'm not inclined to continue the conversation when the responses are barely-intelligible GameFAQ knockoff posts.

No, I responded to a specific point you made in your post:

You're underestimating children if you expect that they see Mario Run and Odyssey as equivalent.

Want me to remove the emoticon?  Would that make you feel better?  :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

[close]

Difference is I'm not saying "WAIT GUYS LET'S ACTUALLY HAVE A DISCUSSION ON FIGHTING GAMES, WHY ISN'T ANYONE REPLYING TO ME, PLZ RESPOND PLZZZZZZ" like you are with the Switch right now. :umad

What the fuck are you talking about?  That post was an attempt at DAMAGE CONTROL FOR THIS THREAD. :lol:rofl
:dead

Do you want to talk about Switch shit or not?  If you want to keep going with this mindless garbage, don't complain when others 'shitpost.'
:ufup
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1456 on: January 18, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

🤔

I've actually never tried, I assumed you couldn't because lol Nintendo. Just stuck them in a folder and threw that folder as far away from the default home screen as possible. :lol

I mention this because there's a Nintendo FAQ on downloading and using Hulu.  :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1457 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:33 PM »
No, I responded to a specific point you made in your post:

Want me to remove the emoticon?  Would that make you feel better?  :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

Not only was it a short, smug post but it missed the original point of the discussion completely:

Kids already have smart devices. They don't need another device than can do the same shit but worse.

Well, why do they need a Switch, then?  :doge

And I explained why.

Why do kids need a 3DS when they have an iPhone? It's the same principle.

And you respond to that with "but iPhone games!!" :lol

Mario Run being a success doesn't mean Mario Odyssey will fail, and comparing them as if it's a zero sum game is intellectually dishonest and completely contrary to the point that we were originally discussing: the point that you originally brought up, in fact!

What the fuck are you talking about?  That post was an attempt at DAMAGE CONTROL FOR THIS THREAD. :lol:rofl
:dead

What are you talking about? Threads need damage control now. :lol

You're just mad you're as much of an anathema to actual conversation as Rahx is. :umad You want people to discuss the merits of the Switch as a console and its potential in the future without contributing anything to the discussion yourself, even derailing arguments down side-roads when they don't go your way.

There's a lot to dislike with the Switch and a lot to potentially talk about, but you've shown no capacity to engage here on good faith at all. I have no problem talking about this shit with Wrath or Positive Touch, and they're not even buying the thing (like you are.)

Do you want to talk about Switch shit or not?  If you want to keep going with this mindless garbage, don't complain when others 'shitpost.'
:ufup

>responds to articulated posts with a mocking tone, cherry-picked points and doge emoticons
>complains about mindless garbage

:neogaf

Tasty

« Reply #1458 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
Anyways...

2005: Nintendo releases a highly-compressed three minute trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on a Nintendo DS game card.

2017: Nintendo releases all 13.4 gigabytes of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on a game case smaller than a Nintendo DS game cart.

https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/821694304238309376

Tasty

« Reply #1459 on: January 18, 2017, 02:43:10 PM »
Tasty Meat reminds me of myself when I was younger. I was a rabid Nintendo fan who would fight on the internet to the death to uphold Nintendo's reputation.

Stay strong Tasty. :tocry

This place has always had a hate boner for Nintendo so it's not even about that or anything. :lol Have already posted ITT about the shitty accessory pricing and understanding for why people might cancel their preorders.

It's just if you're gonna chastise people for something, don't get caught doing it yourself (especially if you're a "mod.")

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1460 on: January 18, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »

There's a lot to dislike with the Switch and a lot to potentially talk about, but you've shown no capacity to engage here on good faith at all. I have no problem talking about this shit with Wrath or Positive Touch, and they're not even buying the thing (like you are.)

...The fuck?  I've been posting info and positive AND negative thoughts all throughout this thread!  :dizzy

You've n-stanned yourself silly.  You don't even notice how much shit posting you're doing on your own.

Mod-abuse time: Stop talking about this shit here.  PM me if you want to keep it going.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1461 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »
Elections Console launches always bring out the worst aspects of the bore.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1462 on: January 18, 2017, 03:48:47 PM »
No Netflix and browser confirmed  :lol

Man I don't know. I feel like this is the right move, getting out of the third party app business. Browsers are security holes waiting to be exploited and Netflix/Hulu etc will just drain the battery. I don't see the point anymore with this handheld needing those features, especially when Nintendo already has you using a tablet or phone for their voice application. it just feels superfluous. Use it to play games!
rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1463 on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:27 PM »
Elections Console launches always bring out the worst aspects of the bore.

Serious bidness.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1464 on: January 18, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
My take.

I think it seems like an interesting console. I'm almost certainly not getting one because my particular interests lie elsewhere outside of mario and zelda games but I think it looks like a much better system than the Wii U outside of the pricing which I think is a bit ridiculous. I think its nuts to price your unified handheld system at that price but I guess we'll see how fast that eventually comes down.

Otherwise I don't care. It's a videogame console. Buy it. Don't buy it. Who cares.

Tasty

« Reply #1465 on: January 18, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »
My take.

I think it seems like an interesting console. I'm almost certainly not getting one because my particular interests lie elsewhere outside of mario and zelda games but I think it looks like a much better system than the Wii U outside of the pricing which I think is a bit ridiculous. I think its nuts to price your unified handheld system at that price but I guess we'll see how fast that eventually comes down.

Otherwise I don't care. It's a videogame console. Buy it. Don't buy it. Who cares.

Pretty much.

Motherfuck I can't wait until MK8 Deluxe. I skipped MK7 so this is the first time I'll be playing Battle Mode since MK Wii... Fuck. (Not counting the times I would play CPUs for matches on end in MKDS.)

:lawd

REALLY hope it's more than the four courses in the trailer/previews.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1466 on: January 18, 2017, 04:45:26 PM »

[close]

I doubt it. But it's probably a way of making themselves a smaller "attack-surface," yeah.

What the browser does for 3DS (before it was patched anyway) and Wii U is https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Tubehax

Essentially, you use your SD card and a custom DNS (for Youtube anyway) to load the payload. The browser is just exploited but not necessarily "hacked" itself. Similar to buffer overflows for those three X-box titles when everyone was soft-modding their X-boxes.

archie4208

« Reply #1467 on: January 18, 2017, 05:14:10 PM »

Getting dat Switch this fall. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1468 on: January 18, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »
 :mouf :aweshum

Now that's what I'm talking about.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1469 on: January 18, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »
holy shit at those Mario Kart gifs :lol

Nintendo really likes bloom lighting, don't they?

I swear those motherfuckers are still stuck in 2006.
Bloomio Kart! :teehee
We really won't know shit about this thing until it's actually been out for a while but have fun arguing I guess. :doge
Hi

« Reply #1470 on: January 18, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
 :zzz

im glad that I've lost all interest in Fire Emblem since the decision was made that Fire Emblem = Awakening/Fates + Marth.

« Reply #1471 on: January 18, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-echoes-for-3ds-bring-back-a-classic-on-may-19-2017

consolidating all software development onto one platform huh  :doge

Tasty

Raist

« Reply #1473 on: January 18, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »
So it looks like it will be €330 everywhere in Yurop. Good plan :doge

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1474 on: January 18, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fire-emblem-echoes-for-3ds-bring-back-a-classic-on-may-19-2017

To be fair, that sounds excatcly like an end of the console type game.

« Reply #1475 on: January 18, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »
Normally I would agree, but they've released jack shit of note for the 3DS for a while now. This is coming out post-Switch, so you'd think they'd at least put it there to pad out its anemic launch window.

Fire Emblem Warriors also coming out on New 3DS, because Switch game sales didn't need even more cannibalizing between ports and Zelda being multi-platform.

Tasty

« Reply #1476 on: January 18, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »

~ An incomplete list of Nintendo-published games released after their successor system had already launched ~

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Winter Gold
Kirby’s Dream Land 3
Wrecking Crew ’98
Super Famicom Wars
Power Lode Runner
Power Soukoban
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
bit Generations Series
Final Fantasy IV Advance
Final Fantasy V Advance
Final Fantasy VI Advance
Donkey Kong Country 3 GBA
Dr. Mario & Puzzle League
DK: King of Swing
Mother 3
Rhythm Tengoku
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
The Tower SP
WarioWare: Twisted! (minus Japan)
Pokemon Black (minus Japan)
Pokemon White (minus Japan)
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Typing DS
Kirby Mass Attack

You also probably missed this: https://www.wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/

What does the launch of Switch mean for 3DS?

Fils-Aime: 3DS has a long life in front of it. We’ve already announced games that will be launching in the first couple quarters of this year. There are a number of big games coming. And in our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side. You’re going to be meeting different price points, you’re going to be meeting different types of consumers, you’re going to have the newest, freshest content available on Nintendo Switch, you’ve got a thousand-game library available on Nintendo 3DS, plus some key new ones coming. They’re going to coexist just fine. We’ve done this before, managing two different systems.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1477 on: January 18, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »
Overpriced everything with no gaems, typical Nintendo...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:29:17 AM by D3RANG3D »

Tasty

« Reply #1478 on: January 18, 2017, 05:59:51 PM »
Fire Emblem Warriors also coming out on New 3DS, because Switch game sales didn't need even more cannibalizing between ports and Zelda being multi-platform.

I mean they make almost the entirety of their money from software soooo

Tasty

« Reply #1479 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:30 PM »
holy shit at those Mario Kart gifs :lol

Nintendo really likes bloom lighting, don't they?

I swear those motherfuckers are still stuck in 2006.
Bloomio Kart! :teehee
We really won't know shit about this thing until it's actually been out for a while but have fun arguing I guess. :doge

We know that it looks like shit.

Nah, it looks great. TBH I couldn't imagine Mario Kart looking better without a resolution bump or something.

Soooooo much better (relative to the generation) than Mario Kart Wii, good lord that looked like a piece of shit. :lol Even back then when I was full Nintenderp I looked at DK and was like... "He looks like plastic." :lol

archie4208

« Reply #1480 on: January 18, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »
As someone who has over 50 hours in Hyrule Warriors 3DS, I can guarantee FE Warriors 3DS is gonna look like shit.  I will gladly pay to play that game on a TV with decent graphics.

« Reply #1481 on: January 18, 2017, 06:14:37 PM »
I owned those systems and bought most of those games. Of course I know those games released after the successor, thanks. Those games, however, weren't released following financial reports with past CEO's stating that they were looking into software consolidation for their new hardware, as well as actual reports that they did consolidate software teams together. It's a first party game that's been actively developed for release for only the 3DS on the eve of the release of the system some people call its successor.

And yes, I also read that interview. I also read the many interviews given by Nintendo execs, Reggie and Iwata in the past claiming third pillars, fixing past launch mistakes and not making the same errors in the future, so sorry if I don't exactly take the words Pizza-Hut marketer Reggie spouts at face value.

Edit: You know what? Not worth it. Consider me out of the thread.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:21:15 PM by The Legend of Sunblade »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1482 on: January 18, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »
Do you know what I like even more than a new mainline game in my favorite series?

A spinoff Dynasty Warriors game

"HEY SHO NUFF WOULD YOU LIKE A NEW DAYTONA?"
 :dunno
"HOW ABOUT....DAYTONA DYNASTY WARRIORS"
 :rejoice

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1483 on: January 18, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »
Match making and lobbies done through cellphone app.

:neogaf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1484 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:57 PM »
Do you know what I like even more than a new mainline game in my favorite series?

A spinoff Dynasty Warriors game

"HEY SHO NUFF WOULD YOU LIKE A NEW DAYTONA?"
 :dunno
"HOW ABOUT....DAYTONA DYNASTY WARRIORS"
 :rejoice

"Do not pursue Ricky-Bobby."
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #1485 on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:37 PM »
I must be the only thing that does not care one bit about Splatoon. It looks nice I guess.

Ugh the wait for an Animal Crossing announcement is killing me.

The battle tracks in MK8 DX looked huge, wonder how many players will be possible.

I owned those systems and bought most of those games. Of course I know those games released after the successor, thanks. Those games, however, weren't released following financial reports with past CEO's stating that they were looking into software consolidation for their new hardware, as well as actual reports that they did consolidate software teams together. It's a first party game that's been actively developed for release for only the 3DS on the eve of the release of the system some people call its successor.

And yes, I also read that interview. I also read the many interviews given by Nintendo execs, Reggie and Iwata in the past claiming third pillars, fixing past launch mistakes and not making the same errors in the future, so sorry if I don't exactly take the words Pizza-Hut marketer Reggie spouts at face value.

Edit: You know what? Not worth it. Consider me out of the thread.

Yet another Nintenfoe vanquished by logic.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:17:10 PM by Tasty Meat »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1486 on: January 18, 2017, 09:13:06 PM »
http://nintendotoday.com/switch-app-matchmaking/

alright seriously, what the FUCK.

It's a good thing I don't like socializing with other spergs while gaming otherwise I would be fucking furious at this
püp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1487 on: January 18, 2017, 09:17:50 PM »
More like good thing most of the multiplayer games you'll want to play wont be on Switch.

Why can't they just hire some western developers to make them a decent if basic online system.

Tasty

« Reply #1488 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:11 PM »
All those years of hardcore gamers telling Nintendo to just make apps, now they whining like a virgin on an eight inch cock.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1489 on: January 18, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »
I see people actually up in arms over Fire Emblem Warriors also getting a New 3DS version.  Did people really think that Nintendo was just going to drop the 3DS cold? 

http://nintendotoday.com/switch-app-matchmaking/

It's a good thing I don't like socializing with other spergs while gaming otherwise I would be fucking furious at this

:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1490 on: January 18, 2017, 09:21:37 PM »
More like good thing most of the multiplayer games you'll want to play wont be on Switch.

Why can't they just hire some western developers to make them a decent if basic online system.

You must not understand what I said when I stated that I don't like socializing with other gamers.

I don't play online multiplayer games.  Like ever.
püp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1491 on: January 18, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »
It was more a general reaction to the article. Thats why I didn't quote you.

But I don't know how one company can be so behind on online stuff. Why create another barrier, online systems should be built in as to be seamless into their transition. I shouldn't have to have another device to set up things.

Also what if you're a kid who wants to play Splatoon with your friends and you don't have a phone or tablet?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:30:17 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Tasty

« Reply #1492 on: January 18, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
There's no reason they couldn't do it on both the system and with an additional app, but I like the idea of getting a smartphone notification if I'm invited to a game and just jumping into it if I have the Switch on me.

Maybe other systems have something similar, don't know. 🙃

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1493 on: January 18, 2017, 09:38:15 PM »
PSN has that with the PSN app.

Also I guess this means I can't do game audio and chat through headphones at the same time?

If so, who thought any of this was a good idea.

Tasty

« Reply #1494 on: January 18, 2017, 09:43:27 PM »
PSN has that with the PSN app.

Also I guess this means I can't do game audio and chat through headphones at the same time?

If so, who thought any of this was a good idea.

Speculation is the app connects to the Switch over Bluetooth for that audio purpose, but that's yet to be confirmed.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1495 on: January 18, 2017, 09:49:15 PM »
it's like nintendo saw the producers and swore not to make the same mistake of making their manufactured bomb enjoyable on any level whatsoever.

Raist

« Reply #1496 on: January 18, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
At this rate I'm expecting that you'll need an app to share your phone's internet connection with the Switch.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1497 on: January 18, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »
I mean we expected nintendo to fuck up everything besides the games

but a separate phone app to handle all the online stuff exceeded all expectations

dur

Tasty

« Reply #1498 on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
Edit- Wrong thread.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1499 on: January 19, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
I see people actually up in arms over Fire Emblem Warriors also getting a New 3DS version.  Did people really think that Nintendo was just going to drop the 3DS cold? 

OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO PURSUE THE MARKET OF $100 INDESTRUCTIBLE KIDS' CONSOLES!

Yeah, it's not like I'm ever going to play a Nintendo game online but still, for the people who do...maybe they should buy a PS4