Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Thread  (Read 946735 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Nintendo Switch Thread
« Reply #11640 on: September 02, 2022, 04:20:14 AM »
Kinda sucks Sony and Microsoft went and raised the MSRP for current generation games based on wafer-thin justifications. Oh well, $70's the standard now/again, guess we gotta live with it. :idont

If you adjust the price for inflation we are still paying less than we should.

I remember buying games in 2003 for 60 euros and they were probably 60 dollars over there.

in (2022)    
     that same item would cost: 96.61

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #11641 on: September 02, 2022, 07:55:42 AM »
Are you ready for Xenoblade Chronicles X port for $69.99.

Add $14 more for the ammibo that unlocks fast travel.

Kinda sucks Sony and Microsoft went and raised the MSRP for current generation games based on wafer-thin justifications. Oh well, $70's the standard now/again, guess we gotta live with it. :idont

Microsoft did not do this. Sony and some publishers did. Nintendo will most likely not raise the prices of their games.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 08:02:36 AM by mormapope »
OH!

Svejk

« Reply #11642 on: September 02, 2022, 08:27:18 AM »

Microsoft did not do this. Sony and some publishers did. Nintendo will most likely not raise the prices of their games.
They may not raise their prices, but they still have the gall to keep 5 year old games at $60 with no reduction.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11643 on: September 02, 2022, 01:46:28 PM »

If you adjust the price for inflation we are still paying less than we should.

I remember buying games in 2003 for 60 euros and they were probably 60 dollars over there.

in (2022)    
     that same item would cost: 96.61
Yup, us gamers prevent price hikes  8)
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11644 on: September 02, 2022, 04:50:37 PM »
I mostly play free games these days. Between Fall Guys, Minecraft and Among Us, I dont see the point in paying

*I did buy Minecraft 5 years ago, but no further purchase is needed
:O

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11645 on: September 02, 2022, 07:29:56 PM »

They may not raise their prices, but they still have the gall to keep 5 year old games at $60 with no reduction.
Welcome to Economics 101 at theboredotcum University where research says that the price of a product that continues to sell at high levels at full price should be significantly reduced in price to increase the sales by a minimal amount to people who complain online because of...reasons.
Spud

mormapope

« Reply #11646 on: September 03, 2022, 12:33:44 AM »

Depends on what region you're in, most if not all first party games have been $40 at numerous points, physical and digital. $40 is still not much of a discount versus Sony first party stuff being a lot less much quicker.

One thing that can absolutely be said is first party Nintendo games this gen have been feature complete and not buggy at launch, along with physical copies retaining or gaining value as time goes on.

I'm not gonna say stuff like Super Mario 3D Allstars or Skyward Sword are correctly valued at $60. Or that the N64 ROMs being behind a $50 subscription is valued correctly.

I dunno though. Normie gamers seem happy with Switch and PS5 pricing. I'd say Nintendo has a pinky in the stink and four in the pink. While Sony has about three in the stink and two in the pink regarding aggressive pricing for their products.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11647 on: September 03, 2022, 05:04:22 AM »
Most first party Switch games like Kirby, Xenoblade 3, Mario Kart and others are 49.99 - 54.99 Euro in the Kingdom of Hollandia.
Some can be found cheaper like the "Warrior" games or Donkey Kong which are 44.99 or 39.99, a few bigger titles like Zelda BOTW and Smash Bros. Ultimate are 59.99 .
A number of them launched at 69.99 but unless stocks are low, they rarely stay at that price.

Sony lists PlayStation first party games at 79.99 but most retailers drop that to 74.99 or 69.99.
Third party games drop at various prices, big releases like COD start out in the 69.99 range but seldom stay at that price for long.
Other games drop in between 59.99 and 44.99.

What has gotten much more expensive is the controllers though. First party Xbox and PlayStation controllers depending on the color are between 79.99 and 109.99.
Something like a Play & Charge kit can set you back 47.99 as well. On Switch most controllers are 89.99 (Joy Con Pair or Pro Controller) and some rare editions such as the Xenoblade 2 controller can be as expensive as 139.99.
I bought that controller for 49.99 a few years ago so it tripled in price.  :doge

The Xbox Series X is 499 and the most easy to find apart from the Switch OLED at 369 and Series S or an old Switch model at 299.
A Switch Lite is 220 and if you can find a PS5 it will likely be an expensive bundle with shit you don't need.

I think PlayStation is going to lose a ton of marketshare here. PlayStation 4's are discontinued and PlayStation 5's are 549.99 minimum if you can find one.
Sony should've really made a 'Series S' like PlayStation model for the European market.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11648 on: September 03, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »
I think PlayStation is going to lose a ton of marketshare here. PlayStation 4's are discontinued and PlayStation 5's are 549.99 minimum if you can find one.
Sony should've really made a 'Series S' like PlayStation model for the European market.

I don't think it will really matter when it's still so difficult to get a PS5 in the first place.  Very much doubt that another fifty bucks will stop anyone from buying one- especially when so many are already paying crazy scalper prices. 
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11649 on: September 03, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »

I don't think it will really matter when it's still so difficult to get a PS5 in the first place.  Very much doubt that another fifty bucks will stop anyone from buying one- especially when so many are already paying crazy scalper prices.
I dunno, Sony's succes in Europe has always been driven by the people that buy GTA, NFS, Assassins Creed FIFA and Call of Duty.
Games they can now buy on 'any' platform. Xbox Series S is very popular because it is small, cheap and good enough to run all those games. Something the Switch can't do.

What I'm seeing all around me is that people aren't upgrading from their PS4 to PS5 for obvious reasons but the longer they wait the more likely it is that their friends also move on.
Which means the idea that you buy a PlayStation because your friends have one is also slowly fading away.

I think the industry in general is also underestimating the shift to PC gaming that is about to happen.
Kids these days are playing Minecraft, Fall Guys, Fortnite and Roblox on PC, they are very PC centric because it is also an extension of the YouTube/Twitch streaming culture.
For parents more capable laptops also make more sense than gaming consoles. Kids can play the games they want and have everything they need for school.

Nintendo has the added benefit of the local multiplayer/family and social aspect and kids obviously want Pokemon, Mario Kart etc. .
Sony is currently mostly running on the fumes of their brand name. But the idea that you 'need' to have a PlayStation is gone, while before it was more or less mandatory to own a PlayStation if you had a TV.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11650 on: September 03, 2022, 09:55:33 AM »
Or buy one as part of a wack ass bunduru with shit like a headset I will never ever use :tocry
(ice)

mormapope

« Reply #11651 on: September 03, 2022, 12:05:44 PM »

This is exactly why they did it. If they can't pump up supply and demand is still very high, might as well maximize on that now..

For a business decision, its pretty decent. For consumers, the hardcore crowd won't give a shit. More casual gamers or parents looking to get their kid something, the Switch or Series S are more lucrative.
OH!

Svejk

« Reply #11652 on: September 03, 2022, 02:24:18 PM »
My frustration stems from personal playing preference; digital vs physical, so I bring it up on myself.  After the rapid rise of digital; my preferred format, Nintendo's pricing (or serious lack of sales) made it feel like I'm pushed back into having to buy physical.  Physical prices of Switch games in the US are practically half the price way more often.  Waiting for a "deal" from a digital 1st party game from Nintendo is a joke in US.  The best example, BOTW digital is STILL $59.99 on Nintendo's site.  Horizon ZD, which came out at practically the same time and is a great game too,... $20 digital.. And it includes the DLC.  BOTW dlc is still $19.99.  So $80 for BOTW digital.  Not sure how this is acceptable.  Both games are solid 8-9 open world games that play great.  Again, the shunning I emit stems from a format preference, like we all have platform and controller preferences, it just feels like a step back in progression.  I can accept price hikes as time goes, but feeling forced to revert back to physical just to play older games feels like I'm stuck in the past... And not in a good way.

And I'm typing all this out while my son is sitting here playing BOTW.  :doge  :goty  :killme
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 02:29:04 PM by Svejk »

Tasty

« Reply #11653 on: September 03, 2022, 02:51:13 PM »
And I'm typing all this out while my son is sitting here playing BOTW.  :doge  :goty  :killme

It's almost like Nintendo games are fairly timeless and hold their value for many decades :thinking

But I guess we want less of that in gaming :whatsthedeal

Drop that shit to $0.99 a week after release who gives a fuck :whatsthedeal

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11654 on: September 03, 2022, 02:55:24 PM »
Or Nintendo just has fans that tolerate things like making a digital collection limited and qol features tied to a toy.

Bebpo

« Reply #11655 on: September 03, 2022, 03:06:22 PM »
This thread is weird. It goes on pages without any actual new information about Nintendo or the Switch  :lol

The gaming world has always and will always love to speculate on whether Nintendo is doomed or not.

Svejk

« Reply #11656 on: September 03, 2022, 03:15:29 PM »
This thread is weird. It goes on pages without any actual new information about Nintendo or the Switch  :lol

The gaming world has always and will always love to speculate on whether Nintendo is doomed or not.
Sorry, that's partially my fault for my love/hate bitching about Nintendo.   :walkaway

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11657 on: September 03, 2022, 04:03:32 PM »
Nintendo for sure aint doomed and probably never will be.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11658 on: September 03, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »
Splatoon 3 next week!

Time for more splatting!

:dsp
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #11659 on: September 03, 2022, 04:07:35 PM »
Splatoon 3 next week!

Time for more splatting!

:dsp

:steel

Himu

« Reply #11660 on: September 05, 2022, 11:32:08 AM »
Holy shit there's a Klonoa Collection on Switch?!?!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11661 on: September 05, 2022, 11:39:43 AM »
Holy shit there's a Klonoa Collection on Switch?!?!

Yup- demo, too.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #11662 on: September 05, 2022, 11:41:02 AM »
I have both games but I have to support Klonoa at all costs. I'm disappointed the GBA games aren't on it!

I see it's only digital. Then I will support on Steam.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11663 on: September 05, 2022, 10:45:15 PM »
I have both games but I have to support Klonoa at all costs. I'm disappointed the GBA games aren't on it!

Same- these are remakes, though.  At least the first one is.

It got a physical release in Asia and Europe- it runs in full English on all versions.

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #11664 on: September 05, 2022, 10:59:30 PM »

It got a physical release in Asia and Europe- it runs in full English on all versions.

(Image removed from quote.)

EUROPE IT IS
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #11665 on: September 06, 2022, 12:12:57 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That's some nice cover art.

james

« Reply #11666 on: September 06, 2022, 10:36:19 AM »
Switch Pro better fucking drop soon, Miencraft performance is worse than ever

:rage :rage :rage

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11667 on: September 07, 2022, 02:37:21 PM »
Switch Pro better fucking drop soon, Miencraft performance is worse than ever

:rage :rage :rage
They just dropped a new Switch :pika
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1567498966391996417
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #11668 on: September 08, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1567925369369497601

:neogaf

Imagine believing Nintendo ’insiders’.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11669 on: September 08, 2022, 03:24:17 PM »
Sorry but my uncle really does work at Nintendo and therefore this time there really is going to be a Switch Pro announcement Nintendo Direct.
🍆🍆

james

« Reply #11670 on: September 08, 2022, 03:49:35 PM »
I'm hearing rumors that Nintendo was going up unveil the updated switch but they were calling it Switch Royale and now that looks insensitive

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11671 on: September 08, 2022, 05:05:45 PM »
Splatoon 3 is good stuff- grabbed it from the Japanese eShop.  With current exchange rates, it was $45.
:success
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11672 on: September 08, 2022, 08:53:50 PM »
Waiting on my Amazon order to arrive today. Supposed to be working from home, but I am hoping to be playing instead...well, at least until the kids get home.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11673 on: September 11, 2022, 04:56:47 AM »
New Switch 2 rumor from China/Japan. Same source as the Splatoon 3 Switch leak and a bunch of Pokemon leaks but still take it with a mountain of salt.
Some of this showed up in earlier Nvidia leaks.

Here-a-we-goooo :mario

Switch 2
- To be announced in September in time for TGS
- Already in production
- Released March 2023 with Zelda BOTW2
- Nvidia chipset (codename DRAKE)
- 12 ARM cores, 12GB, Ampere GPU(Tegra Orin?) Ray-Tracing, 4K(60fps with DLSS) support
- Performance comparable to Xbox Series S when docked (4TF) probably less undocked to save power
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11674 on: September 11, 2022, 10:02:40 AM »
New Switch 2 rumor from China/Japan. Same source as the Splatoon 3 Switch leak and a bunch of Pokemon leaks but still take it with a mountain of salt.

Switch 2
- Already in production
- 12 ARM cores, 12GB, Ampere GPU(Tegra Orin?) Ray-Tracing, 4K(60fps with DLSS) support
- Performance comparable to Xbox Series S when docked (4TF) probably less undocked to save power

:judgement

That's one giant grain of salt to take here, especially when they already said they have no plans to announce a new console this year.  https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-will-not-be-announcing-new-hardware-this-year/
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11675 on: September 11, 2022, 11:13:10 AM »
Nintex would never pass on dubious info  :ufup
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]
Margs

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11676 on: September 11, 2022, 01:18:47 PM »
I do not expect ray tracing. The current systems can hardly do it.

I expect a system on the level of the One X and PS4 Pro. But obviously better as it’s more modern.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11677 on: September 11, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

Switch 2
- Already in production

That's one giant grain of salt to take here, especially when they already said they have no plans to announce a new console this year.  https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-will-not-be-announcing-new-hardware-this-year/

how big is this emote? :jeanluc
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11678 on: September 11, 2022, 01:57:25 PM »

Switch 2
- Already in production

Yeah seems like one of those "repackaging old rumors" with wishful thinking cases.

But who knows, anything can happen. Nintendo might've seen the Asian Steam Deck leaflets and decided to deliver a pre-emptive strike.
It's about time for certain Japanese studios to show where large franchises are headed next too.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11679 on: September 11, 2022, 03:26:30 PM »
Nintendo have "entered production" on so many Switch Pros and Switch 2s that they could probably have outsold the PS5 by now.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #11680 on: September 11, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »

Switch 2
- Already in production

Oh shit, we're finally entering the Project Cafe/Project NX Rumors phase again :lawd

This may not be accurate but more details are probably accurate than the gaijin """"leakers"""" gaming media has been forcing on us until now.

I'm finally allowing myself to maybe get excited about a Switch successor.

Tasty

« Reply #11681 on: September 11, 2022, 05:18:46 PM »
I still think BotW2 is Switch only and MP4 will be the cross-gen showcase title, but they've already done it twice with Zelda so a hat trick might be in the cards.

Tasty

« Reply #11682 on: September 11, 2022, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: bork

I mean... I can't find the link since Google sucks for anything older than 3 years now, but I'm pretty sure an interview was published where Reggie said they wouldn't be announcing a new 3DS model for a while and then New 3DS (or the 2DS) was announced the very next day. :lol

I believe Nintendo when it comes to statements like those, but those statements do have a shelf life and plans do change as time goes on.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11683 on: September 11, 2022, 06:26:39 PM »
Quote from: bork

I mean... I can't find the link since Google sucks for anything older than 3 years now, but I'm pretty sure an interview was published where Reggie said they wouldn't be announcing a new 3DS model for a while and then New 3DS (or the 2DS) was announced the very next day. :lol

I believe Nintendo when it comes to statements like those, but those statements do have a shelf life and plans do change as time goes on.

It's from last month!
 :heh
ど助平

Tasty

I am 16% sure of this prediction
« Reply #11684 on: September 11, 2022, 06:29:44 PM »
:trumps

They'll announce "Project NS" at TGS but won't unveil any hardware until a special Nintendo Direct next January. Book it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11685 on: September 11, 2022, 07:28:59 PM »
If this goes ahead the strategy will likely be focused on cross-gen releases much like the Series S and Series X.
Until the price of the Switch 2 can come down from what I assume would be a $399 starting point based on those specs.

I dunno, for a long time I was in the camp that Nintendo wouldn't drop Switch 2 until after Splatoon 3 and all the Mario Kart 8 tracks were released.
But then they started to do strange things like pulling up the release of Xenoblade 3 and delaying Zelda even though it had never gotten an official release date.

Maybe Nintendo got a very deal on new Tegra's again so Nvidia can fill up the capacity they ordered at TSMC.
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #11686 on: September 11, 2022, 08:30:06 PM »
I hope OG Switch lasts till 2024. Mainly to hear hardcore graphic/performance nerds beg for strong Nintendo hardware.
OH!

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #11687 on: September 11, 2022, 10:53:51 PM »
2024 makes the most sense. That’s seven years, which is a pretty good run. I could just as easily see 2025 too. Nintendo is still cleaning up with the Switch, especially in Japan.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next Zelda is cross generation, after all it was a winning strategy with both the Wii and the Switch. I’d actually be surprised if it was called Breath of the Wild 2 and not called something else entirely.

Our predictions are never accurate but if I were a betting man, Switch 2 will come out in 2024 with a cross-gen Zelda. A stretch goal would be New Super Mario Bros. 3 as a launch or near launch title as well. Splatoon 3 being cross gen makes sense too.
🍆🍆

mormapope

« Reply #11688 on: September 12, 2022, 12:44:36 AM »
Regardless if the next Switch version is ready, Nintendo should release BotW2 next year, and then offer a next gen Switch patch or upgrade down the line. BotW2 has potential to be a GTAV styled success, every OG Switch owner will buy it and it'll be the swan song of the OG Switch.

Switch 2 should launch with stuff we don't know about yet. Something like Super Mario Odyssey 2 or Mario Galaxy 3. Have it be something that utilizes the extra power and shows off first party Nintendo stuff on the hardware, and have it only on Switch 2.

Ports of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo Master Chief Collection, and Street Fighter 6 would be fucking dope to see.

I don't think it's going to be a cross gen machine in a traditional sense. Third Party stuff from the PS4/XB1/PC will get ports onto Switch 2. First Party stuff from an early point on will be Switch 2 exclusive.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:55:38 AM by mormapope »
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #11689 on: September 12, 2022, 01:34:28 AM »
Square/Nomura(/Sony?) need to be less jackassy about current-gen mainline Final Fantasies on Nintendo systems.

Like, it's been 28 years guys. A same-day port wouldn't hurt. The Cold War is over.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11690 on: September 12, 2022, 01:51:14 AM »
No I don’t think same day ports can happen. What current FF could run in the Switch? Even the 12 Remaster is downgraded compared to the PS4 version. No way 15 or VIIR could run on the Switch.

Square gives more than enough support to Nintendo systems either way.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11691 on: September 12, 2022, 03:05:21 AM »
Doom and Doom Eternal say that pretty much any PS4/XBO game can be ported if you really want to do it.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #11692 on: September 12, 2022, 09:25:43 AM »
No none except tech obsessed ritards want a Switch 2 in 2023.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #11693 on: September 12, 2022, 09:29:52 AM »
Square/Nomura(/Sony?) need to be less jackassy about current-gen mainline Final Fantasies on Nintendo systems.

Like, it's been 28 years guys. A same-day port wouldn't hurt. The Cold War is over.

This is bizarre and uninformed take. Switch could not run Final Fantasy XV much less XVI well.

Also "current gen mainline Final Fantasy's" shows you don't play those games to begin with. The last "current gen mainline Final Fantasy" was FFXV which came out in 2016. It is 2022. What Nintendo was out in 2016?  Wii U and 3ds. Switch had to dramatically downscale a game like Doom 2016. Could Switch even run FFXV? Much less XVI? 

Square Enix, or more specifically the Final Fantasy part of SE, has a love boner and flat out obsession for production values which requires power. Nintendo consoles eschew the power chasing of MS and Sony in favor of traditional console gaming. These two philosophies are entirely not reconcilable and what you described in that post will probably never, ever happen unless Nintendo decides make their systems more beefy which we have absolutely no reason to think they would pursue to do because it makes them a direct competitor with MS and Sony when Nintendo is off during their own unique thing. Nintendo likes what they have going and has absolutely no reason to power chase. They could still be a generation behind Sony and MS and be nice and comfortable.

So day one FF on Nintendo? Knowing SE love for production values that is a lol status pipe dream
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:10:08 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

mormapope

« Reply #11694 on: September 12, 2022, 10:15:09 AM »
FFXV could run on Switch. Dragon Quest 11 and Nier Automata  got ported. A FFXV port years after its release isn't really smart or warranted though.

In general, Square Enix treats the Switch pretty well. Triangle Strategy, Diofeld Chronicle, and Tactics Ogre all releasing on Switch in the span of a year is some good shit. I prefer a variety of more niche RPGs that have smaller budgets versus ports of big budget AAAA games.

Still waiting for the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest pixel remasters for Switch.

No I don’t think same day ports can happen. What current FF could run in the Switch? Even the 12 Remaster is downgraded compared to the PS4 version. No way 15 or VIIR could run on the Switch.

Square gives more than enough support to Nintendo systems either way.

Nah, it's a priorities and budget thing over technical possibility. Remasters of Kingdom Hearts 1&2 are cloud versions on Switch, versus Doom Eternal or Witcher 3 having native Switch versions. Kingdom Hearts remasters originally came out on PS3. For FFXII, the best version is on Xbox, the console that has probably the smallest amount of sales for that entry :lol.

"Is it worth our time and resources to figure out a port" is the question. Regarding ports or remasters, Square Enix is absolutely weird with what and how something is ported.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:23:18 AM by mormapope »
OH!

james

« Reply #11695 on: September 12, 2022, 10:35:51 AM »
Another Joe Biden miracle

:drudge :drudge :drudge

"Tune in for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information mostly focused on Nintendo Switch games launching this winter."

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2022/

TOMORROW.

10am EST

james

« Reply #11696 on: September 12, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
UK doesnt get a live-stream out of respect for the queen

:dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:tauntaun
[close]

Himu

« Reply #11697 on: September 12, 2022, 10:52:44 AM »
FFXV could run on Switch. Dragon Quest 11 and Nier Automata  got ported. A FFXV port years after its release isn't really smart or warranted though.

Dragon Quest 11 is a turn based game. Turn based games can get away with a lot more. They also turned down the graphics significantly in the Switch version. Dragon Quest team is not the Final Fantasy team. The Final Fantasy team has outright said that high production values are a part of the series identity. It's why FFVII Remake got the remake it did: they want their games to look a certain standard and unlike Doom 2016, whose team is willing to downgrade their graphics to run on Switch very well, Final Fantasy team - who prioritizes graphics - most likely wouldn't.

Saying DQXI was on Switch doesn't really say anything about Final Fantasy. These are completely different franchises with completely different goals. So Final Fantasy having a day one release on a Nintendo console is the stuff of legends. It wouldn't happen. That's without mentioning the Sony exclusivity deal they'd probably have going.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11698 on: September 12, 2022, 11:21:01 AM »
Splatoon 3 had the highest day one Japan sales of any Switch game released to date- 3.45 million copies sold.  :o
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11699 on: September 12, 2022, 11:21:47 AM »
Another Joe Biden miracle

:drudge :drudge :drudge

"Tune in for a Nintendo Direct livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information mostly focused on Nintendo Switch games launching this winter."

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2022/

TOMORROW.

10am EST

The United Kingdom version of the Nintendo Direct presentation will not be live streamed, but published as an on-demand video at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET on YouTube as a mark of respect during the nation’s period of mourning the Queen’s death.
:salute
ど助平