Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5445960 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Plea Deal December
« Reply #28440 on: December 20, 2018, 04:17:29 PM »
Protocol Omega.

Is that meme yet? Cuz I’m invoking it

kingv

« Reply #28441 on: December 20, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
We have to go back to what Trump wanted.

Which was a 30 - 40 feet high wall across the entire US/Mexico border to prevent sacks with drugs being catapulted over it with two big doors in the middle so people could come in legally.
Also it needed transparency on the US side so you could see what is going on at the other side otherwise one of those sacks of drugs would hit you on the head.

Preferably solar panels would be mounted on top of the wall(on the US side) for energy.
Not to mention he would no doubt name it: "TRUMP WALL"

It boggles the mind why no one wants to fund this thing.  :lol

The best part about the solar panels is that putting them on the US side would make them all face north :-)

Ask anybody that lives somewhere that gets any snow how well that is likely to work.

(Unless they live in the Southern Hemisphere).

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #28443 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
There has to be a rule about the amount of times a meme can be posted on one page right

someone do something about this
:stahp

Stro: Fuck Resetera, no fun allowed, everything is banned, there is no joy there. I am going to The Bore where the rules are lax.

The Bore: It is not a bannable offense to post memes

Stro:
:O

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #28444 on: December 20, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »
Someone did get banned for spamming a single meme, it's just that meme was historical victims of starvation.

james

« Reply #28445 on: December 20, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »
I thought it was abortions

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #28446 on: December 20, 2018, 04:34:05 PM »
At least the meme of historical victims of starvation had more pixels.  :exxy
©ZH

agrajag

« Reply #28447 on: December 20, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »

we're libtards here, we love abortions

james

« Reply #28448 on: December 20, 2018, 04:35:59 PM »

Thats why my boy Jay Dub was banned

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #28451 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:00 PM »
Man, I was gearing up to roast Cillizza but he's probably right about that.

james

« Reply #28452 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
Everyone: The war in Afghanistan is a boondoggle and should have ended 15 fucking years ago

Trump: *ends war in Afghanistan*

Everyone:

Tripon

« Reply #28453 on: December 20, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
Everyone: The war in Afghanistan is a boondoggle and should have ended 15 fucking years ago

Everyone:

(Image removed from quote.)

Serious question: Do you only care about results, or the process at getting to that result?

james

« Reply #28454 on: December 20, 2018, 04:54:50 PM »

Everyone:

Serious question: Do you only care about results, or the process at getting to that result?

I don't get your question.

We've had 15 fucking years of "we need to wind down Afghanistan in a balanced manner"

That result has been billions in a money pit.

Time to rip off the band aid, GTFO, and prosecute the war criminals

Tripon

« Reply #28455 on: December 20, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »

Everyone:

We've had 15 fucking years of "we need to wind down Afghanistan in a balanced manner"

I think it's simple enough and I think you already answered it. You seem to care more about the end results than anything else. I get it, I'm as frustrated as anyone about how the U.S. is still in Afganistan even though 9/11 was 17 years ago.

I'll also say (as an example of a decision that was results oriented vs. process oriented) that my family is probably in the U.S. because of a consequence of them deciding to leave Vietnam after losing their war and said fuck it at not helping surrounding regions/countries. Or maybe the Khmer Rouge was always destined to be in power, and my family was always destined to be refugees and emigrate to the U.S. because of whatever refugee program was in place at the time.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:05:18 PM by Tripon »

kingv

« Reply #28456 on: December 20, 2018, 05:00:16 PM »

Thats why my boy Jay Dub was banned

Jay dub got banned?!

Bork is a tyrant.

Also welcome back Optimus. We have missed
You.

james

« Reply #28457 on: December 20, 2018, 05:03:17 PM »

Everyone:

I think it's simple enough and I think you already answered it. You seem to care more about the end results than anything else. I get it, I'm as frustrated as anyone about how the U.S. is still in Afganistan even though 9/11 was 17 years ago.

I'll also say that my family is probably in the U.S. because of a consequence of them deciding to leave Vietnam after losing their war and said fuck it at not helping surrounding regions/countries. Or maybe the Khmer Rouge was always destined to be in power, and my family was always destined to be refugees and emigrate to the U.S. because of whatever refugee program was in place at the time.

Hot take:

Multiple US Vietnam War generals should be in jail for war crimes, and if Trump suggested this, it would be worthy of applause

So again, to round things out:

Trump = bad
Trump doing something good =/= bad

Jay dub got banned?!

Bork is a tyrant.

Also welcome back Optimus. We have missed
You.

Self banned. Something about Bowsettes and abortion

:bowsette :bowsette :bowsette :trash

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #28458 on: December 20, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
The Bire: James/Nintenx you guys suck at memes
James/Nintenx:
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #28459 on: December 20, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »
I'll also say (as an example of a decision that was results oriented vs. process oriented) that my family is probably in the U.S. because of a consequence of them deciding to leave Vietnam after losing their war and said fuck it at not helping surrounding regions/countries. Or maybe the Khmer Rouge was always destined to be in power, and my family was always destined to be refugees and emigrate to the U.S. because of whatever refugee program was in place at the time.
Man, if you think whatever regime the US would have installed after a successful Southeast Asian campaign would have been better than the khmer rouge... all I gotta say is, carpe Diem.
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #28460 on: December 20, 2018, 05:17:28 PM »
Man, if you think whatever regime the US would have installed after a successful Southeast Asian campaign would have been better than the khmer rouge... all I gotta say is, carpe Diem.

They didn't have to. The King of Cambodia at the time was popular, it had a represent parliamentary government and was most of all was a useful puppet of the U.S. I'm not naive enough there was a good solution to what happened in Cambodia. I do know that the evils that the Khmer Rouge did and the non-response the U.S. had towards that is one of the failures the U.S. and the whole fucking world had.

Let me put it this way. FUCKING VIETNAM decided they were tired of the Khmer Rouge's bullshit, went to war with the KR and took over Cambodia after a decade rule the KR had. You're telling me that the U.S. couldn't do that shit?

james

« Reply #28461 on: December 20, 2018, 05:19:06 PM »

They didn't have to. The King of Cambodia at the time was popular, it had a represent parliamentary government and was most of all was a useful puppet of the U.S. I'm not naive enough there was a good solution to what happened in Cambodia. I do know that the evils that the Khmer Rouge did and the non-response the U.S. had towards that is one of the failures the U.S. and the whole fucking world had.

Let me put it this way. FUCKING VIETNAM decided they were tired of the Khmer Rouge's bullshit, went to war with the KR and took over Cambodia after a decade rule the KR had. You're telling me that the U.S. couldn't do that shit?

Khmer Rouge obviously not good, but not too far off from the dictators installed in central and south america by the USA

Tripon

james

« Reply #28463 on: December 20, 2018, 05:43:51 PM »
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #28464 on: December 20, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »
Wasn't mattis the guy that was like "Kelly goes, I go" ?
que

Tripon

« Reply #28465 on: December 20, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
Wasn't mattis the guy that was like "Kelly goes, I go" ?

Tillerson as well.

Well, all 3 are gone as well.

james

« Reply #28466 on: December 20, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »
Maybe this Trump guy isnt so bad. If he shuts down the Department of War, he'd instantly be a top 5 president.

Tripon

« Reply #28467 on: December 20, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis announced his resignation on Thursday evening, writing in a letter to President Donald Trump that their views on numerous issues, including respecting allied nations and Russian aggression, are not in alignment. “Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects,” Mattis wrote, “I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.” The retired Marine Corps general wrote in the letter that his resignation will be effective on February 28, 2019.

Only minutes before, President Trump had announced via Twitter that Mattis will be retiring in February. “General Jim Mattis will be retiring, with distinction, at the end of February, after having served my Administration as Secretary of Defense for the past two years,” Trump wrote. “A new Secretary of Defense will be named shortly. I greatly thank Jim for his service!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-defense-secretary-jim-mattis-retiring-in-february?ref=home

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/1075885816113704961
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:59:10 PM by Tripon »

kingv

« Reply #28468 on: December 20, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
shosta and I have great respect for Vietnam.

shosta

« Reply #28469 on: December 20, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »

The US did go to war in Cambodia. The US gave up in China, then it lost in Laos, it lost in Vietnam, and it lost in Cambodia. That is not a non-response, it is a two decade long string of failures in Asia after the Korean War.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #28470 on: December 20, 2018, 06:13:01 PM »
shosta and I have great respect for Vietnam.
yes, the women are very petite, but very flexible. truly amazing country.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28471 on: December 20, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »
There has to be a rule about the amount of times a meme can be posted on one page right

someone do something about this

:stahp
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #28472 on: December 20, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »

The US did go to war in Cambodia. The US gave up in China, then it lost in Laos, it lost in Vietnam, and it lost in Cambodia. That is not a non-response, it is a two decade long string of failures in Asia after the Korean War.

I don't think we're in disagreement here. Cambodia and Laos fell to communist regimes in part of U.S. refusal of interaction due to the Vietnamese war afterwards.

shosta

« Reply #28473 on: December 20, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »
JFK lost Laos before the Vietnam War even started.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28474 on: December 20, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1075886309502279682

Yup, Trump is GTFO Afghanistan as well.

Apparently he and Mattis 'aired differences' over the troop withdrawals today and Mattis put in his resignation.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=44608.msg2544362#msg2544362

https://twitter.com/DanDePetris/status/1075895958070796290

Maybe Trump wanted Mattis to leave but Mattis didn't feel like leaving and he can't fire him without making himself look bad.
:tophat
🤴

james

« Reply #28475 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:10 PM »
Good.

james

« Reply #28476 on: December 20, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
Lets close all the ME bases and accidentally nuke Israel on the way home

Tripon

« Reply #28477 on: December 20, 2018, 06:35:20 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28478 on: December 20, 2018, 06:52:25 PM »
Bad orange man is taking our wars away  :maf
https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/1075894127097733120

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/status/1075900826416115714

- Fucking up healthcare  :smug
- Firing missiles into Syria :smug
- Buddying up with Kim Jun Un :smug
<skipped in the interest of time>
- Calling lawyer a rat :smug
- Ending the war in Syria  :gddr5
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:58:29 PM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #28479 on: December 20, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
If he wanted endless wars maybe he should have voted for Hillary

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #28481 on: December 20, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
benji stans for literal segregationists and thinks the rate of return on capital is negative
yikes

*SIGNAL BOOST*

shosta

« Reply #28482 on: December 20, 2018, 07:02:08 PM »
Trump's Afghan policy is really annoying because he waffles so much. Just last year we were burning time, money, and lives in Afghanistan because we absolutely would not accept a peace deal with the Taliban at the table. This year, I saw multiple military talking heads go on Fox news and lie that there was no peace in Afghanistan because the Taliban wouldn't come to the table and form a joint government. Now we are up and leaving without having brokered any peace because Trump is feeling insecure about his unfulfilled campaign promises and compensating. Taliban forces will basically overrun the government or simply starve them off by attrition. I don't know enough about Afghanistan but won't Pakistan and Iran fight over influence in the region? Won't China see an opening in pursuing development of Afghan resources and tap into that trillion dollars worth of gas and minerals? Big L for the American empire, as Vidal would say.
每天生气

james

« Reply #28483 on: December 20, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »
Who gives a shit. Let Russia and China fight over who gets to deal with road side bombs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28484 on: December 20, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
Trump's Afghan policy is really annoying because he waffles so much. Just last year we were burning time, money, and lives in Afghanistan because we absolutely would not accept a peace deal with the Taliban at the table. This year, I saw multiple military talking heads go on Fox news and lie that there was no peace in Afghanistan because the Taliban wouldn't come to the table and form a joint government. Now we are up and leaving without having brokered any peace because Trump is feeling insecure about his unfulfilled campaign promises and compensating. Taliban forces will basically overrun the government or simply starve them off by attrition. I don't know enough about Afghanistan but won't Pakistan and Iran fight over influence in the region? Won't China see an opening in pursuing development of Afghan resources and tap into that trillion dollars worth of gas and minerals? Big L for the American empire, as Vidal would say.
Afghanistan wasn't stabilized by the US in 17 years and it won't be in 30.

American and UK troops patrol poppy fields and have to turn a blind eye as village elders rape little boys. The tragedy of Afghanistan has been well documented.
The Taliban was and is never going to negotiate. Entire provinces have more or less already fallen under their control. The US should have left there years ago.

What is the goal or achievement in Afghanistan? No one knows and generals and commanders have come and gone each promising a 'victory'.
The US is already fighting teenagers who weren't even born when 9/11 happened. And soon enough the US has to send their own soldiers who weren't even born when 9/11 happened to fight the war.

Sure, let China pursue it. Just watch them get stuck in the same quackmire. The Afghans won't allow the Chinese to extort their country like they handled countries in Africa.
As a 'super power' you should stay clear of Afghanistan.
🤴

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #28485 on: December 20, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »

obama: wastes lives and resources prosecuting a losing battle in afghanistan
libtards: slay (those villagers) king
trump: wastes lives and resources prosecuting a losing battle in afghanistan
libtards: [stupid pikachu]

shosta

« Reply #28486 on: December 20, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »
Who gives a shit. Let Russia and China fight over who gets to deal with road side bombs
They don't have to deal with any IEDs if there's no war. There's no war if the Taliban are mostly in charge. US's disadvantage in this affair was the insistence on having a 1) unified 2) stable 3) socially liberal nation.
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #28487 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »
but seriously I'm not really sure what to make of Trump's foreign policy moves. I don't want to fall in to the Michael Tracey/Glenn Greenwald trap of hating the libs so much you end up agreeing with the right, but at the same time drawing down our forever wars sounds pretty sweet to me.

shosta

« Reply #28488 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:21 PM »
I don't know any liberals who were comfortable with the war in Afghanistan and I'm pretty sure Obama was elected to end it.
每天生气

james

« Reply #28489 on: December 20, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »
Remind me why Russia failed in the 80s? Were they too seeking to build a liberal democracy?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28490 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
They don't have to deal with any IEDs if there's no war. There's no war if the Taliban are mostly in charge. US's disadvantage in this affair was the insistence on having a 1) unified 2) stable 3) socially liberal nation.
Then there's still the rivalry between factions and villages.

The US made the mistake by thinking all these people have the same interests in mind.
Many Taliban ratted out their neighbours to the Americans to get the spoils, wives and daughters while their rivals rotted away in Gitmo.
Adam Curtis  touched on this in his documentary about Afghanistan. Basically if you had a dispute before you had to call a village elder and person B had to give a goat to person A or something.
But now you could simply tell the coalition force that someone was a 'terrorist' and have your local rivals or landlords arrested and deported.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #28491 on: December 20, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »
I don't know any liberals who were comfortable with the war in Afghanistan and I'm pretty sure Obama was elected to end it.
Afghanistan was the "good war" breh :ufup

james

« Reply #28492 on: December 20, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »

Obama : vote for me to end the war in Afghanistan

Liberals :*vote for Obama *

Obama :

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #28493 on: December 20, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »

I was joking I would never use college intellectual unironically

benjipwns

« Reply #28494 on: December 20, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »
Remind me why Russia failed in the 80s? Were they too seeking to build a liberal democracy?
They were seeking to build a certain type of state.

The British "won" in Afghanistan only after they stopped trying to do that and let proxies handle it who agreed to not side against British interests or face a purely punitive expedition against them.

james

« Reply #28495 on: December 20, 2018, 07:34:05 PM »
Benji do you like my memes

shosta

« Reply #28496 on: December 20, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
It should be clear that propping up a secular communist government is just a remix of the same formula. My point is China, already, is the one doing major drilling in Afghanistan despite the US being the ones that have been there for 16 years. And the reason is because China does not care who is in charge of Afghanistan. It's already getting deals from Kabul because it helps develop infrastructure between Afghanistan, Central Asia, and Pakistan, and when the Taliban finally take over again, it'll be doing deals with them because China is in good with Pakistan (look up the Chinese-Pakistani Economic Corridor). It doesn't play the regime change game (anymore...).
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #28497 on: December 20, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
CNN BREAKING NEWS 2020: US PLEASED AS HILLARY CLINTON IS VOTED INTO OFFICE
"In acceptance speech Hillary pledges to end CHAOS, start wars in Iraq, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan under the supervision of Vice President Brennan and increase everyones taxes. Oil prices will go up again!
First offenders will go to jail. When I say we will increase tensions with Russia by sponsoring a revolution in Belarus the media will ask: 'how can we help'. It will all be the way it was before Trump took office!
The people had a taste of chaos under President Trump and they'd rather want the deep state running affairs even if it kills their children and makes them poor.
Luckily the new Liberal and Neo Conservative alliance will do just that for America!

You think 17 years of war in Afghanistan was too short? We agree. I'm signing an EO on my first day in office to announce a Afhgan war for 100 years."
:drool
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #28498 on: December 20, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »
Benji do you like my memes

"memes" plural
:ufup

benjipwns

« Reply #28499 on: December 20, 2018, 07:37:17 PM »
The dumb part about Afghanistan is that when we were planning the war, we knew better. The U.S. provided air support and mainly used special forces. We relied on Afghan allies to carry out the bulk of standard ground operations.

When it was time for the occupation we started going "you all under this Karzai dude now, let's make a democracy." When the various warlords had only chosen him as the temporary go-through with the U.S. and never intended to elevate him to head of state, let alone any kind of authority over them.

If you're thinking this sounds similar to what happened later in Iraq, don't tell anyone.