Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5450392 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #32700 on: March 13, 2019, 03:20:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1105827007991025666

So, I guess Fake Melania is confirmed then?
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #32701 on: March 13, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
Why is the president receiving twitter conspiracy news in his daily briefing
:O

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #32702 on: March 13, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »
My feeling is that the presidents entire daily briefing is someone reading the headlines from The Drudge Report to him.

james

« Reply #32703 on: March 13, 2019, 03:50:16 PM »
Does he still have a chief of staff these days? Kelly was in the news all the time, but whoever has the job now is good at being a ghost. Smart dude.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32704 on: March 13, 2019, 03:55:43 PM »
You think he has daily briefings?  That's Executive Time.

Trump gets his news from BaldEaglePatriot69 and phone calls with Sean Hannity.

In other words, straight from the source.

Does he still have a chief of staff these days? Kelly was in the news all the time, but whoever has the job now is good at being a ghost. Smart dude.
He has an acting chief of staff  :doge
🤴

kingv

« Reply #32705 on: March 13, 2019, 04:30:19 PM »
chief of staff is not confirmed by Senate, so I’m not really sure what an acting chief of staff even would be

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32706 on: March 13, 2019, 05:43:13 PM »
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32707 on: March 13, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »
chief of staff is not confirmed by Senate, so I’m not really sure what an acting chief of staff even would be
It's a chief of staff who doesn't really want the job.  :lol
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #32708 on: March 13, 2019, 07:18:15 PM »
It's a chief of staff who doesn't really want the job.  :lol

The rumor was that Mulvaney was trying to leave the administration and become the president/chancellor/whatever the head is of University of South Carolina system so he can basically deny that he ever worked in the adminstration.

shosta

« Reply #32709 on: March 13, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »

Hot Dad joins the race
每天生气

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32710 on: March 13, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
Talk about a puff piece, Jesus.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #32711 on: March 13, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
that dog is like "nah son".

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32712 on: March 13, 2019, 07:52:59 PM »
Beto 'O Nope  :nope

#YangGang #grabthebag #fomo :ohyeah

beto is a furry
Seriously, he lost to Ted Cruz. A man who has exactly 0 friends on this planet and whose dad was visibly dissapointed in his campaign ad. Remember that time he pushed Carly Fiorina of the stage and elbowed his own wife?
[close]
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32713 on: March 13, 2019, 07:57:47 PM »
Someone needs to slap that boy and tell him to run for Senate.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32714 on: March 13, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »
Maybe he's gunning for VP. But with all the ladies running that seems unlikely.

It's going to be awesome when Yang gets the nomination and he simply ignores the queens and names some rando his VP.  :smug

Otherwise, if they rig the whole thing again it's going to be Harris/'O Rourke #CRINGE2020  :-X
🤴

shosta

« Reply #32715 on: March 13, 2019, 08:25:09 PM »
Someone needs to slap that boy and tell him to run for Senate.
not surprised the number one candidate among teenage girls and wine moms isn't thinking clearly. All the mega-narcissist stuff that conservatives were trying to say about Obama is sort of true about Beto. He's just so obsessed with himself and he thinks he's going to save America.
For O’Rourke, what followed was a near-mystical experience. “I don’t ever prepare a speech,” he says. “I don’t write out what I’m going to say. I remember driving to that, I was, like, ‘What do I say? Maybe I’ll just introduce myself. I’ll take questions.’ I got in there, and I don’t know if it’s a speech or not, but it felt amazing. Because every word was pulled out of me. Like, by some greater force, which was just the people there. Everything that I said, I was, like, watching myself, being like, How am I saying this stuff? Where is this coming from?
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #32716 on: March 13, 2019, 08:58:59 PM »
He comes off as a dipshit but he is pretty hot in that photo

« Reply #32717 on: March 13, 2019, 09:16:11 PM »
He looks too much like Ted Price, I feel like he is about to sell me on some game project every time I see his pic.

Nola

« Reply #32718 on: March 13, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
Honestly I reserved the right to change my mind and I think I have on Beto.

He's just gone about the post Senate race period in such a bizarre, aimless, and momentum killing fashion. The guy should've been seeking the spotlight and getting out in the public eye AOC style, not sapping his own charisma and going on weird road trips while waffling far too long on the question everyone already knew the answer to.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #32719 on: March 13, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »
I’ll probably vote for him :yeshrug
püp

Tripon

Tripon

« Reply #32721 on: March 13, 2019, 10:44:44 PM »
The president of left-leaning watchdog organization Media Matters is facing scrutiny over a series of derogatory comments that resurfaced Tuesday.

In a series of comments resurfaced by conservative outlet The Daily Caller, Angelo Carusone appeared to make derogatory comments about Jews, "transvestites" and Japanese people.

In one 2005 blog post resurfaced by The Daily Caller, Carusone ranted about a Bangladeshi man who was robbed by “a gang of transvestites,” appearing to be offended that the group was described as “attractive,” according to screenshots published by the outlet.

That same year, Carusone also commented on a male basketball coach who was accused of sexually and physically abusing his female players. Carusone dismissed the allegations against the coach in Japan using an ethnic slur. 

Carusone also appeared to praise former Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), a former member of the Ku Klux Klan, in one post. He separately wrote that his boyfriend was adorable, “despite his jewry.”

Media Matters did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The resurfaced posts came days after Carusone’s company published offensive comments previously made by Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

Carlson said Sunday that he wouldn't apologize for a series of derogatory comments he made on the "Bubba the Love Sponge" radio program between 2006 and 2011.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/433979-media-matters-president-made-insensitive-comments-used-racial-slurs-in

RIP

shosta

« Reply #32722 on: March 13, 2019, 11:10:31 PM »
Watching people debate over the mainstream candidates who are all running on the same platform is such a waste of time. People just make up arbitrary reasons to like or dislike candidates like when I was pillorying Warren at the beginning of the year. Beto joining the race is just a dumb (and even selfish) performance because he offers nothing new but wants to, like, live the dream, because he was born for this, dude. Far out.

"Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates."—Gore Vidal
每天生气

Nola

« Reply #32723 on: March 13, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
I mean we are all on the bastard child of a shower elf's now racist forum being mentally raped on the daily by Nintex posts, if we want to go full nihilist, everything we talk about is kind of a waste of time and could be better spent.

Tripon

« Reply #32724 on: March 13, 2019, 11:34:03 PM »
Eh, it's not like this is the first time people have enter the presidential race and then not make any headway and drop out, only to get a job in the administration later. We saw that with Ben Carson, and Rudy Giuliani respectively.

Sometimes, you run not because you want to be president immediately, but because you want to make the actual front runner aware that you'd make good VP or Secretary of State, or AG, etc. material. 

That said, Beto has a way better chance of winning the Democratic nominee than say, Kristin Gillibrand, or Cory Booker. Fucking Julian Castro is still running, and all that literally has is that he was running HUD at one point. I'm trying to find out what Castro's been doing since 2016 and apparently, he's just been running for president all this time. There's no reason why Beto can't run with this gang of misfits until near the end or at the end, however it shakes out.

I get it that some people would rather see Beto run for the other senate seat in 2020, but John Cornyn just a regular Texas Republican vs. whatever fuckery Ted Cruz is. People don't outright hate Cornyn like they do with Cruz, and I don't think he'd make any headwind against Cornyn in 2020 like he did with Cruz. Beto probably has a better shot at being president then he does at taking Cornyn's senate seat oddly enough.

Mandark

• Icon

Tripon

« Reply #32726 on: March 14, 2019, 12:55:11 AM »
The acting mayor of a Florida city was arrested Wednesday in connection with allegations against his predecessor, who was arrested less than a month earlier.

Port Richey's acting mayor, Terance Rowe, was arrested Wednesday by Florida's Department of Law Enforcement, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Rowe is charged with conspiracy to commit obstruction of justice and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate the commission of a crime, according to the Times.

He is accused of interfering in the investigation of former Mayor Dale Massad, his predecessor, who was arrested on Feb. 21 and suspended from office over charges of practicing medicine without a license in addition to charges of attempted homicide for allegedly shooting at officers who came to arrest him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/433990-acting-florida-mayor-arrested-after-allegedly-interfering-in

Florida (Mayor) Man.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #32727 on: March 14, 2019, 01:12:39 AM »
Watching people debate over the mainstream candidates who are all running on the same platform is such a waste of time. People just make up arbitrary reasons to like or dislike candidates like when I was pillorying Warren at the beginning of the year. Beto joining the race is just a dumb (and even selfish) performance because he offers nothing new but wants to, like, live the dream, because he was born for this, dude. Far out.

"Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates."—Gore Vidal

Warren is a bad example of this considering she has a number of policy proposals that are pretty bold relative to the inertial consensus of American politics. She probably has no shot, though.

kingv

« Reply #32728 on: March 14, 2019, 02:44:43 AM »
Warren should have run in 2016. She actually probably had a shot then.

I think she really ducked up her chances with her weirdo Indian thing.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32729 on: March 14, 2019, 04:45:47 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32730 on: March 14, 2019, 05:40:52 AM »

:clap

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32731 on: March 14, 2019, 05:45:24 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

james

« Reply #32733 on: March 14, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »
Beto can fuck off

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32734 on: March 14, 2019, 11:03:45 AM »
Beto's opponent for senate was a dude who has zero friends, ate a booger or something on tv, elbowed his wife off the stage, and whose own kids didn't want to be around him....and he still lost. Beto got no chance at all.

Nola

« Reply #32735 on: March 14, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »
It's still Texas. No current candidate in the running would of won that race.

james

« Reply #32736 on: March 14, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »
Beto is the Hillary Clinton of straight white males

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32737 on: March 14, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
Beto is the Hillary Clinton of straight white males

He's most qualified candidate we've ever had (because Hillary was missing the qualifications of being male (and straight)). :rejoice
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32738 on: March 14, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Etoilet (PBUH) handing us Ls from the great beyond  :tocry
Margs

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32739 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:05 PM »
Anyone want to talk about how there is a large contigent of Democrat voters that strictly vote on appearance alone? Like someone casting a new Netflix serial called The President, they want their candidate to "look" young and pretty like they have been conditioned?

Someone like Sherrod Brown, who has done all the work and has all the credentials gets no buzz, but this guy Beto O'Rourke who hasn't done shit, never won a major election and has barely been vetted gets to skate to the front of the line.

I suppose it's the ghost of JFK, in the same way Republicans chase the ghost of Reagan.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:51:33 PM by ToxicAdam »

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32740 on: March 14, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »
Compare the major candidates through the histories of the party (Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, John Edwards, Beto) and it's much more pronounced in the Democrat party.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32741 on: March 14, 2019, 12:40:10 PM »
It's the one that gets the most attention and seems to have an over-exaggerated effect on people's psyche.

Why are you so defensive on this topic? Big John Edwards supporter back in the day?

james

« Reply #32742 on: March 14, 2019, 12:48:04 PM »
Compare the major candidates through the histories of the party (Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, John Edwards, Beto) and it's much more pronounced in the Democrat party.

Republicans voted in actor Donald Trump, actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and adore actor Ronald Reagan.

Have you considered that it's most likely related to the fact that a large majority of Americans are absolute idiots?

But dont feel bad, the US is not alone.
In the second season of the Ukrainian hit TV show “Servant of the People,” comedian Volodymyr Zelensky plays a schoolteacher turned presidential candidate who shoots to the top of the polls amid voter disgust with the political establishment.

Zelensky is now running for president in real life.

With just weeks to go until Ukraine’s March 31 election, he has shot to the top of the polls amid — as in the show — voter disgust with the political establishment.

And just to blur the lines even more: His party is called Servant of the People.

“People are voting for the plot of the show,” said Ukrainian political analyst Volodymyr Fesenko. “They want to bring the plot of the show to life.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/parallel-universe-the-front-runner-seeking-to-be-ukraines-president-plays-one-on-tv/2019/03/09/2a4cc22e-3a8c-11e9-b10b-f05a22e75865_story.html?utm_term=.4079f9b2b468

TV was a mistake

shosta

« Reply #32743 on: March 14, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
Conversely, conservatives want to elect old, ugly assholes who are either racists, warmongers, or both. It's like they're all out to kick somebody's ass. Surprised Newt didn't do better in 2012.
每天生气

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32744 on: March 14, 2019, 12:53:54 PM »
I think it's more about wanting someone that can speak in platitudes. Someone that can extoll the greatness of the past and fight any future that veers away from that idealized past.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32745 on: March 14, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »
I remember when the entire Republican party got massively horny for Sarah Palin.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32746 on: March 14, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
I'd have to check for sure regarding Texas' laws but Robert Francis may be able to still run for Senate depending on what point in the primaries he bails out. If he never even makes it to Iowa or NH, for example, I'd almost guarantee he's good to swap over.

Rand Paul's thing in 2016 was because Kentucky law specifically prohibited it. It was one of the few states he wouldn't have been good in, since he bailed out well before the state primaries.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32747 on: March 14, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
I remember when the entire Republican party got massively horny for Sarah Palin.

That's a different kind of boner though. The Repubs have been chasing their unicorn Woman/Black candidate for decades now. They think that will magically fix all their demographic problems.

james

« Reply #32748 on: March 14, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
I think it's more about wanting someone that can speak in platitudes. Someone that can extoll the greatness of the past and fight any future that veers away from that idealized past.

No its more about imagining themselves in that position.

Republicans are crusty old fat white people with bad teeth. Thats why they vote for people that look like that. They like to think "if that piece of shit can be president, than so can I!"

Poliera is full of gay toddlers who look in the mirror and see a distinguished and accomplished mother of three who juggles a job, PTA, and yoga. So they are attracted to people like Hillary, Gillibitch, and Beto because they imagine themselves being those people in 40 years.

Young people still have hopes and dreams that their instagram posts with 12 likes will lead to a Hollywood career. So they vote for people like Obama because they think theyre Obama.

Etc.

shosta

« Reply #32749 on: March 14, 2019, 01:01:43 PM »
Kinda weird people are threatening to crash Beto's airplane in the middle of this Boeing scandal
每天生气

james

« Reply #32750 on: March 14, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »
Shosta pick and fucking avatar and stick with it

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32751 on: March 14, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »
If you believe in omens, announcing your presidential candidacy on the same day as the trailer for the biggest movie in 40 years also drops probably isn't a great one.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32752 on: March 14, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »
Surprised Newt didn't do better in 2012.
For about a month he took over the race. After Perry and Cain were cut out, and before Santorum surged. It won him South Carolina which he had blown his lead in and fallen into a tie with Romney and which gave him a second wind. IIRC, that SC debate was the one where he fought with the moderators. But Gingrich didn't have an actual campaign apparatus he was relying on debate performances and Sheldon Adelson backing. Santorum had people on the ground and started picking up a good chunk of support, until Romney simply outran his resources. (And his daughter got sick so he choose not to fight a losing battle, he probably could have picked off a few more states from Romney.)

He was the only one to ever get within ten points of Romney in NH:

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32753 on: March 14, 2019, 01:13:28 PM »

That's a different kind of boner though. The Repubs have been chasing their unicorn Woman/Black candidate for decades now. They think that will magically fix all their demographic problems.

I don't think they actually want to vote for that candidate, at least not for president. They want token black/gay/Jewish/etc. representation to repeat their orthodoxy back to them and reassure them that they're not bigots, but mostly they like their older straight white guys.

CBS knows what it's doing always having a Dan Harmon or Ted Danson as the paternal authority figure on their crime procedurals.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #32754 on: March 14, 2019, 01:14:55 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32755 on: March 14, 2019, 01:16:48 PM »
Adelson didn't just personally bankroll Newt but paid for a 28-minute video hit piece on Romney, which used the same line of attack (ruthless corporate raider who trampled the little guy) that Obama's campaign did later.

Yet another example of Bernie/Hillary being kid gloves.

james

« Reply #32756 on: March 14, 2019, 01:24:36 PM »
If you believe in omens, announcing your presidential candidacy on the same day as the trailer for the biggest movie in 40 years also drops probably isn't a great one.

Theyre making another Titanic?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32757 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
I mean we are all on the bastard child of a shower elf's now racist forum being mentally raped on the daily by Nintex posts, if we want to go full nihilist, everything we talk about is kind of a waste of time and could be better spent.
:uguu
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32758 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »

MCU fans: manbabies.

Potential Beto fans: manbabies.

Checks out  :rollsafe
Margs

kingv

« Reply #32759 on: March 14, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »