Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449901 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #32641 on: March 12, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »
No Dead Pilots!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32642 on: March 12, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »
That pilots name?

benjipwns

« Reply #32643 on: March 12, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/StormyDaniels/status/1105532051388805121

Daniels' new lawyer is Clark Brewster, who is based in Tulsa

kingv

« Reply #32644 on: March 12, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »
Who would even take over Tucker’s time slot if he were booted?

They’d probably have to go to like Charlie Kirk or Ben Shapiro.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32645 on: March 12, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
Yang reminds me of all the candidates I have supported in the past: affable but not charismatic, vaguely moderate, no chance of winning.

I'm sure I'll support him and then be horribly disappointing when his candidacy dies in middle America.

I've been around long enough to remember a bunch of the candidates you stanned for.

:bolo

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32646 on: March 12, 2019, 03:09:01 PM »
That pilots name?

Mr. Ignatius T. Scientist
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32647 on: March 12, 2019, 03:09:38 PM »
Who would even take over Tucker’s time slot if he were booted?

They’d probably have to go to like Charlie Kirk or Ben Shapiro.
Tomi Lahren?  :thinking
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #32648 on: March 12, 2019, 03:17:55 PM »

I've been around long enough to remember a bunch of the candidates you stanned for.

Jerry Brown 92, Jack Kemp 96, McCain 2000, 2004/2008: Voinovich (wanted him to run), 2012: Huntsman/Obama, 2016: Kasich.

That's my list.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32649 on: March 12, 2019, 03:20:59 PM »
It's one thing for you to "forget" Rudy.

But to turn your back on Newt like this? Your boy? This is like Shawn Michaels superkicking Marty Jannetty through the glass all over again.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32650 on: March 12, 2019, 03:23:32 PM »
The Martydela Effect.

:ohhh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32651 on: March 12, 2019, 03:25:36 PM »
President Newt  :lol

He should run in 2020. And Clinton and Kasich and a dozen other Republicans.
It doesn't matter anyway.
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #32653 on: March 12, 2019, 03:37:45 PM »
posted it before, but the Dole/Kemp site has been partially preserved: http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32654 on: March 12, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »

Web 3.0
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #32655 on: March 12, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »
Nearly 300,000 Illegal Immigrants Drain America's Resources
Nearly 300,000 illegal aliens enter the United States each year -- a flood of undocumented immigrants who sap precious American tax dollars and undermine the nation's security.

Dole Will Strengthen Border Patrol and Streamline the Deportations Process
America is a nation of immigrants, and Bob Dole believes that America must continue to be a land of opportunity for those who enter the nation legally, work hard, and sacrifice to achieve a better life for themselves and their children.

However, Bob Dole does not believe that immigrants who have entered the United States illegally should be entitled to government welfare services and other benefits. Bob Dole supports strengthening the Border Patrol and streamlining the deportation process for illegal aliens.

Bob Dole Has Been a Leader in Fighting Illegal Immigration
During Bob Dole's career, he has:

Led the Senate to overwhelmingly pass the Immigration Control and Financial Responsibility Act. This legislation increases the number of Border Patrol agents, creates additional detention centers for illegal immigrants, denies public benefits to illegal immigrants, and cracks down on illegal aliens who have overstayed their visas. The bill also includes an amendment authored by Senator Dole that makes crimes against women and children deportable offenses.

Called for an overhaul of American immigration policy, and has played a key role in the passage of immigration reforms in 1983. These reforms help control the flow of illegal immigrants, reduce access to entitlement programs and encourage legal immigrants to seek employment immediately after entering the United States or face deportation.

Led the effort to require the federal government to reimburse states for the cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in state prisons. In 1994, Bob Dole fought to provide the states with $350 million in reimbursement money. Unfortunately, Bill Clinton helped whittle down the actual amount by more than half.

Bill Clinton and His Administration Are Soft on Illegal Immigration
Bill Clinton has threatened to veto legislation that allows states to decide whether to give government services and taxpayer-funded benefits to illegal aliens.

Bill Clinton actually proposed cutting funding for Border Patrols in his first budget. Clinton's first proposed budget, in 1993, sought to cut Border Patrol staffing by 93 positions. (Source: Congressional Quarterly, July 13, 1993)

A Better America
With Bob Dole as President, the American people will not be asked to support wasteful government programs that reward immigrants who enter the country illegally. Bob Dole will crack down on illegal immigration while preserving legal immigration.
a flood!

benjipwns

« Reply #32656 on: March 12, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »
Web 3.0
Bill Clinton Wants to Put "Big Brother" in Your Computer
Bill Clinton believes in bureaucratic micro-management of the information economy.

Within his first 100 days as President, Bill Clinton proposed the Clipper Chip -- a secret government-controlled encryption algorithm -- and a companion key escrow system where two government agencies would hold a copy of the keys for every Clipper user. Since then Bill Clinton has released updated versions of encryption proposals which insist that the government hold a key to individual's private data communications.

The Clinton Administration's Internet Task Force has proposed legislation that would reduce the rights of users of copyrighted material if that information is used on the Internet. Their infamous "NII White Paper" ignored important court decisions which balance the rights of information users with those of information creators.

Bob Dole Will Protect the Constitutional Liberty of Internet Users
Bob Dole is concerned about children accessing unsuitable material when using the Internet. But strict censorship of the Internet is not the answer. Bob Dole believes that parents should take responsibility for the material that their children view, and he wants to encourage technology which allows those decisions to be made within each home.
:american

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32657 on: March 12, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »
My love for Rudy was just to trigger all the NYC Gaffers who would claim he was the spawn of Satan.

I was a C-Span junkie in the early 90's and Newt was really great as a speaker. They would show him doing book tours or speaking engagements about American history, self-empowerment and shit like that. My inner Alex P Keaton would get a boner.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32658 on: March 12, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »
My love for Rudy was just to trigger all the NYC Gaffers who would claim he was the spawn of Satan.

:gurl

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #32659 on: March 12, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Web 3.0
Can we change the bore banner to this during the general election?
vin

benjipwns

« Reply #32660 on: March 12, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Rudy ditching a bunch of his more liberal positions and going full AMERICA'S MAYOR was pretty disappointing. At least his stupid campaign plan to ignore all the states except Flordia paid off for him.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32661 on: March 12, 2019, 03:46:22 PM »
Dole realizing he wasn't going to win and making sure he took Jack Kemp down with him was a really fun subplot.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32662 on: March 12, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »

Jerry Brown 92, Jack Kemp 96, McCain 2000, 2004/2008: Voinovich (wanted him to run), 2012: Huntsman/Obama, 2016: Kasich.

That's my list.
:yuck no perot?  ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #32663 on: March 12, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
Rudy helped lead to both Ron Paul and Joe Biden's peaks too.

The GOP booing the Golden Rule and "noun, verb, 9/11."

edit: BOTH IN HQ HD 4K

ToxicAdam

« Reply #32664 on: March 12, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
Perot was a weirdo. Short guy with a chip on his shoulder that had beady, intense eyes that rarely blinked.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32665 on: March 12, 2019, 03:53:25 PM »
 :bobby

benjipwns

« Reply #32666 on: March 12, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »
He didn't superkick him through the glass. He superkicked him, then threw him through the glass. :rage
thank you for fact checking the cowardly Mandark, he gets away with this kind of thing too easily too often

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #32668 on: March 12, 2019, 06:12:11 PM »
That kind of thing happens a lot in those hearings, just people are watching Sandy's every move. It's rare the Congresscritter actually has enough interest and time to ask relevant questions of the subject matter expert (of some form) called to the hearing. Especially when framed as a single exchange, we don't know what her follow up or his explanation was.

The ultimate example perhaps being this never forget moment:

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #32669 on: March 12, 2019, 06:18:17 PM »
That's a great nintex post, not knowing the basics of a story he's commenting on while also amazingly protecting the reputation of Wells Fargo, which no one likes.
vin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32670 on: March 12, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
I just find it funny that the CEO sits there expecting some sort of softball question and she hits him with: "Why are you funding prisons breh"
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #32671 on: March 12, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »
This was a story last year? Wells Fargo, among others, was providing financing for the companies that were running privatized baby jails detention centers and was pressured by a bunch of activists to stop doing business with those companies.

The CEO shows up at a hearing and acts like he knows nothing about it, and it gets passed on as EPIC OWNAGE of AOC by the most hapless dumbfucks on the internet.

edit: bonus lol for following ryan saavedra

benjipwns

« Reply #32672 on: March 12, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »
her full five minutes:

In his first response he talks about how they funded private prisons and how they're not going to anymore. The clip is from her second question. After the exchange she clarifies that the company was involved with ICE. He had stated he didn't know the particulars, so they're possibly both right. They were financing the company for private prisons, not necessarily what ICE was also paying them for.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32673 on: March 12, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »
This was a story last year? Wells Fargo, among others, was providing financing for the companies that were running privatized baby jails detention centers and was pressured by a bunch of activists to stop doing business with those companies.

The CEO shows up at a hearing and acts like he knows nothing about it, and it gets passed on as EPIC OWNAGE of AOC by the most hapless dumbfucks on the internet.

edit: bonus lol for following ryan saavedra
I don't follow the guy it was retweeted by someone. They just retweet who posts the clips first.

Anyhow, I just like how this has the same energy as me and my college buddies used to have when we had skipped class and the teacher grilled us on it. :doge
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32674 on: March 12, 2019, 07:40:32 PM »
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #32675 on: March 12, 2019, 07:45:47 PM »
sometimes scrolling down ruins things:

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32676 on: March 12, 2019, 08:29:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/enews/status/1105551152681226241

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/youtuber-olivia-jade-usc-dorm-room

Turns out Teen Vogue was stanning for the petite bourgeoisie this whole time, smdh.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #32677 on: March 12, 2019, 08:34:00 PM »
nice going Joe: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/lori-loughlin-daughter-olivia-jade-harassed-instagram-alleged-cheating-scandal
Soon after news of the indictment broke, people swarmed Olivia Jade’s Instagram comments and accused her of being a cheater. Comments such as “u cheated to get into college?!” and “how’s it feel to be a cheater?” have flooded her posts.

Again, it is undetermined if Olivia Jade knew about the alleged scheme. It’s not OK to fill her social media accounts with this sort of negativity, especially considering that nobody has been found guilty yet. Hopefully, as the news develops, we’ll have more clarity on what exactly transpired.

Teen Vogue has reached out to Lori Loughlin’s reps and the University of Southern California for comment.

benjipwns

« Reply #32678 on: March 12, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
also, half a million for USC?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #32679 on: March 12, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebs-charged-with-fraud-in-buying-their-childrens-admission-to-top-colleges-180302288.html

For Singer’s services, the majority of parents paid between $250,000 and $400,000 per student, payments Singer in part used to bribe college officials, Division I coaches and college exam administrators.

He counseled parents to get letters from therapists requesting their children receive more time to take admissions exams. He paid confederates to register for online high school classes in the students’ names, to improve their grade-point averages. And he worked with parents to create fake athletic profiles for their children, including staging photographs and Photoshopping students’ faces onto stock images, to fill slots allotted by schools for student athletes.

Lelling implicated the head women’s soccer coach at Yale who “in exchange for $400,000 accepted an applicant as a recruit for the Yale women’s team despite knowing the applicant did not even play competitive soccer.”

Others charged include a senior associate athletic director at the University of Southern California (USC), Wake Forest’s women’s volleyball coach, tennis coaches from Georgetown and Texas, Stanford’s sailing coach and the coaches of USC’s men’s and women’s soccer and water polo teams. According to the indictment, they were allegedly bribed "to designate applicants as purported athletic recruits — regardless of their athletic abilities, and in some cases, even though they did not play the sport, they were purportedly recruited to play."

Huffman, the Oscar-nominated actress, allegedly paid, together with her husband, $15,000 disguised as a charitable donation for her daughter to take the SAT at a "controlled" testing center where a special proctor would correct answers without the daughter's knowledge. Huffman's husband is the actor William H. Macy, who was not named or charged in the indictment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebs-charged-with-fraud-in-buying-their-childrens-admission-to-top-colleges-180302288.html

benjipwns

« Reply #32680 on: March 12, 2019, 08:45:39 PM »
Photoshopping students’ faces onto stock images
lol

He paid confederates
woah, too far pal

Tripon

« Reply #32681 on: March 12, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/complete-list-charged-college-admissions-211212373.html

I was going to do some Benji style doxxing, but thought better of it. If you want to gawk at the list of names, you have to click on yahoo.com

Tripon

« Reply #32682 on: March 12, 2019, 09:24:56 PM »
Among them were Hollywood actors Felicity Huffman of “Desperate Housewives” and Lori Loughlin, best known as Aunt Becky on “Full House,” along with her husband, fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, who founded the American fashion house Mossimo in the Eighties. The privately held company is owned by the Iconix Brand Group. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossimo

What will Target do now?

benjipwns

« Reply #32683 on: March 12, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
Michelle Janavs, former executive of Hot Pockets
yikes

JANAVS: So I have a question for you. I’m trying to figure out how best to deal with [my younger daughter] on this. So [my daughter] has said to me, “I’m gonna get a 34 on this ACT,” or “I’m gonna keep taking it till I get a 34.” And I’m like, “[Daughter], what if you got like a 32 or a 33?” She’s like, “W– no. I would take it till I get a 34.” I don’t know if that’s true, but she’s fucking driving me nuts. But what I do
n’t want to happen is us to say — she gets a 33 and her go, “I’m gonna take it again.”
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:31:57 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #32684 on: March 12, 2019, 09:27:37 PM »
Steven Masera, accountant and financial officer for the Edge College & Career Network and the Key Worldwide Foundation
sounds less like a "client" and more like a "ringleader" Yahoo, but what do I know

benjipwns

« Reply #32685 on: March 12, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
CW-1: Okay, so your donation is gonna be 50. It’ll it’ll end up being through our foundation.
BUCKINGHAM:Okay.
CW-1: And I’m already sending a check to the proctor today, and to Niki today,’ cause she said, “I gotta have the money first.”
BUCKINGHAM: Okay.
CW-1: I said, “Niki, I have been doing this forever.” She said, “I get it, but this like, this is crazy.”
BUCKINGHAM: Yeah. I know this is craziness, I know it is. And then I need you to get him into USC, and then I need you to cure cancer and [make peace] in the Middle East.
CW-1: I can do that, I can do that if you can figure out a way to boot your husband out so that he treats you well– you’re treated better–
BUCKINGHAM: That’s impossible. That’ s impossible. But, you know, peace in the Middle East. You know, Harvard, the rest of it. I have faith in you.

After this, Buckingham said “good luck” fixing her son’s handwriting and enclosed an image of this penmanship:

:dead

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #32686 on: March 12, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »
her full five minutes:

In his first response he talks about how they funded private prisons and how they're not going to anymore. The clip is from her second question. After the exchange she clarifies that the company was involved with ICE. He had stated he didn't know the particulars, so they're possibly both right. They were financing the company for private prisons, not necessarily what ICE was also paying them for.

This Bernie/Cortez ticket is gonna be amazing.

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32689 on: March 13, 2019, 01:47:15 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #32690 on: March 13, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »

Ex0dus111
1 day ago
Damn, the Norwegian lady murdered:
"'I'm surprised by their submissiveness"
In reference to minimum wage diner workers in Alabama, not thinking about Unionizing.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #32691 on: March 13, 2019, 03:31:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/DemSocialists/status/1105615590939549696

What a landslide. Looks like Bernie has the nomination in the bag.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

« Reply #32694 on: March 13, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32697 on: March 13, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »
It was 1986, everyone was saying niggardly.
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #32698 on: March 13, 2019, 03:07:51 PM »
Trump grounds all 737 Max plans

Fuck off Boeing and your imperialistic bomb campaigns. May you rot in hell.

Manafort gets another 3 years + new charges
:O