Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5452948 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #33840 on: April 09, 2019, 07:43:53 PM »
dog

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #33841 on: April 09, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »
I wonder who thought Candance Owens being brought into the mainstream was a good thing. She can't even articulate conservative talking points.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #33842 on: April 09, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »
If you're black and willing to say "Democrats are the real racists!" on camera, you're set for life.

If you're black, a woman, and relatively young? Sheeeeeeit.

edit: beaten by agrajag upthread

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33843 on: April 09, 2019, 07:51:43 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #33844 on: April 09, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »
If you're black and willing to say "Democrats are the real racists!" on camera, you're set for life.

If you're black, a woman, and relatively young? Sheeeeeeit.

edit: beaten by agrajag upthread

she is engaged to some british billionaire heir iirc. Her antics have definitely set her for life.

kingv

« Reply #33845 on: April 09, 2019, 08:11:57 PM »
I wonder who thought Candance Owens being brought into the mainstream was a good thing. She can't even articulate conservative talking points.

The Conservative party has shed whatever thin veneer of intellectualism it once had for complete charlatanism.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #33848 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
I will say that’s an accurate description of Sheldon Adelson.

The crazy thing about Trump is how it’s like a confirmation biased based cult. It’s like nobody wants to admit they were wrong for supporting an idiot.

He doesn’t exactly get away with it, in that many people understand he’s a moron...
But they just pretend not to notice.

Tripon

Occam

« Reply #33850 on: April 10, 2019, 12:52:09 AM »

The Conservative party has shed whatever thin veneer of intellectualism it once had for complete charlatanism.

Which tells you a lot about the people who continue to vote for them, or even humanity as a whole.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33852 on: April 10, 2019, 03:29:20 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-doesnt-know-hes-president-us-virgin-islands-684308

Is President Donald Trump aware residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands are, in fact, Americans? It's unclear.

In a speech Friday, Trump said he'd recently "met with the president of the Virgin Islands" to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the "president of the Virgin Islands" because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.

who knew  :trumps

agrajag

« Reply #33853 on: April 10, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »
isnt this from like a year ago

kingv

« Reply #33854 on: April 10, 2019, 08:42:37 AM »
i cant believe the House passing this H&R Block giveaway bill. And they wonder how Trump beat Hilldawg and why Bernie is popular.

This is exactly why.

Power move having John Lewis cosponsor it. We established in 2016 that you can never, ever question John Lewis’s motives on any damn thing because he got beat up 50 years ago.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #33855 on: April 10, 2019, 08:48:58 AM »
Listened to my trump loving father in law and wife's uncle bitch about owing taxes this year and can't figure out why.  :lol

You know.... it couldn't be anything trump did.
©ZH

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #33856 on: April 10, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
it's the beginning of the end:

BIONIC

« Reply #33857 on: April 10, 2019, 09:06:27 AM »
The walls are closing in.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #33858 on: April 10, 2019, 09:07:47 AM »
Batman is real  :whoo

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1115716910556090368
President Donald Trump's latest 2020 campaign video was removed from Twitter Tuesday night after Warner Brothers Pictures requested it be taken down due to the use of music from "The Dark Knight Rises'" score.

"The use of Warner Bros.' score from 'The Dark Knight Rises' in the campaign video was unauthorized," a Warner Brothers spokesperson said in a statement.

A message where the video used to appear reads: "This media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner."

The two-minute video not only utilized Hans Zimmer's "Why Do We Fall?" from the 2012 threequel, but also shared the font used for the film's title cards.

Tripon

« Reply #33859 on: April 10, 2019, 09:16:57 AM »
New York City officials declared a public health emergency on Tuesday after almost 300 cases of measles in the city, announcing fines of up to $1,000 if people disobey the mandatory vaccination order.

"This is the epicenter of a measles outbreak that is very, very troubling and must be dealt with immediately," said Mayor Bill de Blasio, during a press conference in Williamsburg, where the outbreak is occurring in Orthodox Jewish communities.

De Blasio decried anti-vaxxer misinformation campaigns targeting parents, and the health commissioner warned parents were having "measles parties" to infect their children with measles and to naturally immunize them — and avoid the vaccination.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/new-york-city-measles-parties-emergency-outbreak

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33860 on: April 10, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
it's the beginning of the end:
(Image removed from quote.)

"Kremlin is alseep, post smooth yoda"
©@©™

agrajag

benjipwns

« Reply #33864 on: April 10, 2019, 12:16:39 PM »
Later in the hearing, Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, said that Barr's "spying" comment was "unnecessarily inflammatory" and offered the attorney general the chance to rephrase his remarks because Schatz said "the word spying could cause everybody in the cable news ecosystem to freak out."
:usacry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #33866 on: April 10, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #33868 on: April 10, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
IIRC, Washington didn't want the capital named after himself. But he conceded a bunch of things he didn't like about the capital plans over the years to get it on the Virginia border and near some land he owned. (Wasn't the only one either.)

agrajag

« Reply #33869 on: April 10, 2019, 02:46:57 PM »
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/trump-fed-nominee-stephen-moore-not-expert-monetary-policy.html

A little over two and a half years ago, Stephen Moore appeared at a conservative panel on the election and the economy, where one questioner asked about monetary policy. “Well, you know, I’m not an expert on monetary policy,” admitted Moore, before proceeding to deliver an answer bearing out this very confession. (The question concerned “cash flow velocity,” which Moore deflected by ignoring, retreating to a generality — “We want clear rules and a stable dollar” — and then changing the subject to regulation.)

In October, appearing on another panel, Moore demurred on another question about the Federal Reserve by noting, “I’m not a monetary economist, I’m not an expert on monetary policy.”

The best people.

benjipwns

« Reply #33870 on: April 10, 2019, 02:47:30 PM »
first California poll: https://poll.qu.edu/california/release-detail?ReleaseID=2615
Biden 26
Sanders 18
Harris 17
Buttgieg 7
Warren 7
O'Rourke 4
Booker 2
Klobuchar 2
Castro 2
Yang 1
Gabbard 1
Inslee 1

Regardless of how you intend to vote in the Democratic primary for president, which candidate do you think - would be the best leader?

Biden 31
Sanders 18
Harris 13
Warren 7
O'Rourke 3
Buttgieg 3
Castro 2
Klobuchar 2
Inslee 1
:cop :usacry :cop

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33872 on: April 10, 2019, 04:22:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/cspanJeremy/status/1116024204435099652
Damn gurl

Also
Trump asked whether Washington was "really rich," according to a second person familiar with the visit. In fact, Washington was either the wealthiest or among the wealthiest Americans of his time, thanks largely to his mini real estate empire.

“That is what Trump was really the most excited about,” this person said.
If Trump was impressed with Washington’s real estate instincts, he was less taken by Mount Vernon itself, which the first president personally expanded from a modest one-and-a-half story home into an 11,000 square foot mansion. The rooms, Trump said, were too small, the staircases too narrow, and he even spotted some unevenness in the floorboards, according to four sources briefed on his comments. He could have built the place better, he said, and for less money.
And despite his criticisms, Trump found something to like at Mount Vernon, too. Among the artifacts preserved there is the bed where Washington passed away from a throat infection in 1799. Trump, who is infamously picky about where he sleeps and resists spending nights away from home, felt out the bedpost and told the Macrons and Bradburn that he approved, according to three people briefed on the event.

"A good bed to die in,” Trump said.
:rofl
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #33874 on: April 10, 2019, 04:32:00 PM »
but he's gay, Yass Buttiking!

benjipwns

« Reply #33875 on: April 10, 2019, 04:34:06 PM »
you wouldn't attack a non-diverse candidate like this

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #33876 on: April 10, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1116002900029988866

Breaking bombshell

Barr added that he had “no specific evidence” to cite about any spying that occurred.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #33877 on: April 10, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
i like the music Nintex

benjipwns

« Reply #33878 on: April 10, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Subject: Fuck Tucker Carlson

Dear Friend,

Recently, Senator Gravel was invited to appear as a guest on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight. We had no choice but to decline. This was not an easy decision, as the Senator has believed for many years that the anti-war message should be heard by anyone who is willing to listen — even hostile cable news personalities.

This decision was made more difficult by the fact that we could desperately use the exposure that the appearance would bring. In order to qualify for the Democratic debates, we need 65,000 donations from individuals across the country and we still have a long way to go.

Fox News pundits have always served as yellow journalists, using xenophobia and white supremacy to sell wars domestically and abroad to please their corporate masters. The network has emboldened white supremacists and is the single entity most responsible for the corruption of our public discourse. Most troubling, though, are the numerous acts of domestic terrorism that have occurred as a direct result of their hateful and bigoted rhetoric.

At its heart, this is a campaign about peace. It is for that reason we could not appear on Tucker Carlson Tonight. We cannot, in good conscience, appear on the program of a white supremacist who is responsible for encouraging violence against immigrants, people of color, and the political left. To do so would lend tacit endorsement to his deeply reprehensible views and would reinforce the ridiculous idea that his sham of a talk show is a place for serious debate.

We believe strongly in our anti-war platform, and would be very happy to share it with nearly anyone else.

Sincerely,

David Oks
Campaign Manager

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33879 on: April 10, 2019, 05:13:59 PM »
Earlier
spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Man we're fucked. Once they figure out the fraud we committed with these loans they'll hang us at Gitmo."
 :fbm

"Goddammit just keep a straight face and say we knew nothing about the military spending and/or money being laundered by drug lords"
 :beli
[close]

Later
spoiler (click to show/hide)
What about student loans
 :brazilcry

We exited those 10 years ago
:success

What about small businesses
 :brazilcry

You mean business making less than $100 million?
 :success
[close]
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #33880 on: April 10, 2019, 05:33:26 PM »
Sean Hannity, who makes like $10 million a year and has for a decade, just discovered the Bernie private jets story due to Bernie's admission that he's recently a millionaire from book profits and is talking about how he wished he had Bernie's rich fat cat privileges. :lol

agrajag

« Reply #33881 on: April 10, 2019, 07:11:39 PM »
poli sci nerds (benji I am looking at you) question: is the IRS a subsidiary of the treasure dept?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #33882 on: April 10, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »
yes
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #33883 on: April 10, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
Yeah, it has some functions that are essentially operated separately (I think some of the courts stuff is quite hands off) but Treasury could oversee and override them if they wanted to bother.

Because the head of the IRS is appointed separately by the President they're often treated as where the buck stops on anything regarding the IRS rather than the Secretary of Treasury. This is not uncommon in a lot of agencies/bureaus that operate semi-independently but within other departments. It depends a lot of how they've flexed their power within the department or whatever over the years just how independent they can act without department heads looking over their shoulder constantly. IIRC, Commerce has a lot of this because it's often been where they stuffed random agencies with each consolidation. DHS basically exists purely as this.

shosta

« Reply #33884 on: April 10, 2019, 07:25:37 PM »
beat you
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #33885 on: April 10, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »
https://m.

PewDiePie and GamerGate normalized this. :rage
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #33886 on: April 10, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
beat you
i am considering my street race challenge options

shosta

« Reply #33887 on: April 10, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
That reminded me of Marsha Blackburn in this racecar. Sorry TakingBackSunday

每天生气

shosta

« Reply #33888 on: April 10, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
Politico: Trump says he's the mastermind of immigration policy, not Stephen Miller

That's not what you're supposed to do in this situation :doge
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #33889 on: April 10, 2019, 07:52:02 PM »
Politico: Trump says he's the mastermind of immigration policy, not Stephen Miller

he hates it when anyone takes his shine

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #33890 on: April 10, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »

But he already admitted that Obama came up with his family separation policy, and that since they've ended it, illegal immigrants have been coming to America in droves.  ???
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #33891 on: April 10, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »

he hates it when anyone takes his shine

[half-assed Bill Shine pun here]

Tripon

« Reply #33892 on: April 10, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

Even Colin Moriarity can't believe on dumb Dave Rubin is.

Nola

« Reply #33893 on: April 10, 2019, 08:28:24 PM »
I also kind of hate that everyone(in general) is sort of glossing over that the president has started directing people under his purview to break the law(and firing the DHS security for not doing it) and to then tell a co-equal branch of government to fuck off about it.....twice.

benjipwns

« Reply #33894 on: April 10, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
good to see Felix is ensuring he gets his daily nutritional content through the TCH Vape System and no longer needs to have meals or food of any kind

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #33895 on: April 10, 2019, 08:59:18 PM »
I also kind of hate that everyone(in general) is sort of glossing over that the president has started directing people under his purview to break the law(and firing the DHS security for not doing it) and to then tell a co-equal branch of government to fuck off about it.....twice.

Remember when he said the government should take away guns and "worry about due process later?" On camera!

We're all basically relying on him being an impotent fascist.

shosta

« Reply #33896 on: April 10, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »
Some of us have taken the opportunity to make tasteless jokes! :bolo

Pick this guy!!

(Image removed from quote.)
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #33897 on: April 10, 2019, 09:14:07 PM »
Politics
Meghan McCain Is Kind of 'Grateful' Trump Is President: Otherwise, 'I Don’t Think I Would Be Successful' on The View
People  Adam Carlson,People 5 hours ago
Reactions  Reblog on Tumblr  Share  Tweet  Email
Scroll back up to restore default view.
Meghan McCain is not a fan of President Donald Trump — just ask her — but she’s “grateful” to him for one thing.

“If Trump wasn’t president, I don’t think I would be successful here,” the View co-host said in a new book on the show, Ladies Who Punch, which was published last week.

“For that reason, I guess I’m grateful that Trump is president,” McCain continued. “It’s just made my job a little easier because I know why it happened.”

Still, McCain, 34, told author Ramin Setoodeh (her friend and former editor) that she didn’t think the president — an unusually polarizing politician — was the reason The View had drawn strong ratings.

“That I don’t concede to. Everyone is like, ‘Oh, you’re popular because Trump.’ I think everyone is more interested in politics,” she said. “Young women are different now than when I was younger. Everyone is involved, civically engaged, and informed. I think that’s also why the show is doing so well.”

“I think the reason I worked and other Republicans didn’t is because I’m the first real Republican that they hired,” McCain said.

And she knows how that sounds: “Yes, I think I’m more of a Republican than Elisabeth is.”

Speaking with Setoodeh, she could hardly name other conservative co-hosts before her: “Nicolle Wallace changed parties. Candace Cameron was a social conservative. I don’t remember the other people who were on here.”

Since joining The View in October 2017, McCain has often the panel’s most conservative voice and its most visible Trump critic, especially as the president has continued to disparage her father, the late Arizona Sen. John McCain, who died of brain cancer last summer.

“He [Trump] knows it and I know it and all of you know it — he will never be a great man,” Meghan said on the show last month. “My father was his kryptonite in life, he’s his kryptonite in death.”

Describing her own politics, Meghan has described herself as “a conservative first and foremost.”

“I’m a small government, America-first conservative,” she said on The View in February. “What is being presented to me on the alternative side is too radical for me.”

In Ladies Who Punch, she compared that certainty of belief to others who had come and gone on the show.

“I was born in this environment. I don’t want to be a Democrat,” she said. “I think there were a lot of people they hired that are in the mushy middle, or they are Republicans who are ashamed of being Republicans — or they are intimidated.”

Meghan told Setoodeh she was somewhat reluctant to take The View job, given its history of getting rid of hosts who aren’t working out. But her father “convinced me to do it.” (A call to View moderator Whoopi Goldberg also helped: “I called her before I accepted,” Meghan said. “I asked her if she thought I could do this.”)

And while she said she “thought I was getting fired for a long time,” she’s been happy to be proven wrong.

“I hope it’s in my obituary that I was the first Republican since Elisabeth Hasselbeck to survive more than one season on The View,” she said. “It’s one of my proudest moments.”

That includes her noted verbal altercations with fellow panelist Joy Behar.

“I love sparring with her,” Meghan said in Ladies Who Punch. “We’re like boxers; we punch gloves and then we’re out.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-mccain-kind-apos-grateful-200000370.html

Holy shit, she even made Trump's presidency about herself.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33898 on: April 11, 2019, 03:17:50 AM »

BIONIC

Margs