Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5454255 times)

agrajag

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| America: A Yum! Brands affiliate
« Reply #34740 on: May 01, 2019, 03:19:26 PM »
So apparently Rachel Maddow ran this segment about female donors to Democratic campaigns using misleading statistics that excluded any donations under $200.

https://twitter.com/ariannaijones/status/1123212438214721536

#thefixisin

agrajag

« Reply #34742 on: May 01, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
Are you fucking serious, mate? The tweet above is from a Sanders campaign staffer. With numbers.

agrajag

« Reply #34743 on: May 01, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »
Thursday night on April 11, the Bernie Sanders campaign reached its 1 millionth individual donation! The original goal was to reach this amount during the first quarter, but during the first quarter the over 900,000 mark was reached instead. However, it didn’t take long to hit the 1 million mark after that.

According to Berniebag.com, the Sanders campaign surpassed 1 million donations at 1,000,626 as of April 11, 2019 at 11:01 pm EST.

Out of the $18.2 million raised during the first quarter: $2,039,800 were from people who gave between $200-$2799. $145,600 came from less than 53 people who gave the maximum amount of $2,800.

However, most of it came from small donations, with $16,016,000 coming from people who gave less than $200 total, which adds up multiple contributions a person may have had. Also, Bernie Sanders had around 525,000 different donors.

hOw Do YoU kNoW tHeRe's SoMe BiG sTaTiStIcAl DiFfErEnCe

agrajag

« Reply #34744 on: May 01, 2019, 04:49:23 PM »
How is it strange? There are more poor people than rich people, bro.

And apology assepted, I may have overreacted as well.  :-*

agrajag

« Reply #34745 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »
more rich men than women? I don't know, but them's the numbers. Don't see anyone disputing them. The large donations account for a small percentage of total money raised, so there were probably more male small money donors than female anyway.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #34746 on: May 01, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »
that's the goal of the democratic establishment to push through their guy

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34747 on: May 01, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »
Everyone: "Half of Trump's campaign team is in jail. Democrats can't possibly lose this!"

Sleepy Joe: "Hold my pillow"
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #34748 on: May 01, 2019, 05:08:07 PM »
I don’t blame Trump for getting excited for your primaries.

Nola

« Reply #34749 on: May 01, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »
Something like 85% of the donations to Bernie's campaign were under 200 dollars.

I don't think it is unreasonable to think there could be a pretty notable difference between the demographic distribution of those donating above and below that threshold.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #34750 on: May 01, 2019, 05:50:35 PM »
It’s just like, the over 200 dollar line gives you too small of a sample size to get a meaningful number

agrajag

« Reply #34751 on: May 01, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
It’s just like, the over 200 dollar line gives you too small of a sample size to get a meaningful number

exactly, that makes only using the over 200 numbers extremely sus

BisMarckie

« Reply #34753 on: May 01, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »
As a German speaker I would enjoy a Buttigieg/Klobuchar ticket.

#toilethumor

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #34754 on: May 01, 2019, 06:56:51 PM »
That bitch Hillary cost me serious money on Predictit.

Shosta, I will take you up. $10 that Biden is not the winner.

If I win, you give me $20 and get Cream unbanned again.

Take my bet you coward
:O

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

FStop7

« Reply #34758 on: May 01, 2019, 09:18:25 PM »
How is it strange? There are more poor people than rich people, bro.

And apology assepted, I may have overreacted as well.  :-*

Woah woah woah, this is a politics thread on the Internet, we can’t have this type of behavior.

« Reply #34761 on: May 02, 2019, 12:01:49 AM »
Say what you like about Hillary, but for a woman of her age she has a fantastic hairdo.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #34762 on: May 02, 2019, 12:06:59 AM »
Candace Owens is leaving her role as communications director at Turning Point USA. Owens made the announcement in an Instagram post on Wednesday night. “Turning Point is an amazing organization that is fighting a cultural war on college campuses,” Candace wrote. “We love our freedom-fighting students. We love our campus clashes. I have loved every single minute of traveling the country and learning the real spirit of this amazing nation.” Owens has repeatedly been criticized for comments made during her time at Turning Point. Most recently, she stated that Hitler was an “OK” leader—until he tried to take his message global. After the comment, some Turning Point campus chapters signed a letter calling on her to resign.

In her farewell post, Owens cites the “#BLEXIT movement,” her self-titled podcast and upcoming book as reasons for stepping away from the position. Owens also assured her followers that she would still be associated with the organization's events. “I will of course still be speaking at all Turning Point conferences and will continue to chair the annual Black Leadership Summit in the fall,” she wrote. “... We couldn’t be more excited to share this conversation with the world. ”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-steps-down-as-turning-point-usa-communications-director

Is the grift still working?

agrajag

« Reply #34763 on: May 02, 2019, 12:16:21 AM »
Say what you like about Hillary, but for a woman of her age she has a fantastic hairdo.

she and Donald have almost the same hairdo breh

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #34766 on: May 02, 2019, 01:56:04 AM »
Candace Owens is leaving her role as communications director at Turning Point USA. Owens made the announcement in an Instagram post on Wednesday night. “Turning Point is an amazing organization that is fighting a cultural war on college campuses,” Candace wrote. “We love our freedom-fighting students. We love our campus clashes. I have loved every single minute of traveling the country and learning the real spirit of this amazing nation.” Owens has repeatedly been criticized for comments made during her time at Turning Point. Most recently, she stated that Hitler was an “OK” leader—until he tried to take his message global. After the comment, some Turning Point campus chapters signed a letter calling on her to resign.

In her farewell post, Owens cites the “#BLEXIT movement,” her self-titled podcast and upcoming book as reasons for stepping away from the position. Owens also assured her followers that she would still be associated with the organization's events. “I will of course still be speaking at all Turning Point conferences and will continue to chair the annual Black Leadership Summit in the fall,” she wrote. “... We couldn’t be more excited to share this conversation with the world. ”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/candace-owens-steps-down-as-turning-point-usa-communications-director

Sounds like she's stepping down cause she was asked to but is still doing everything she would be? Watch her go back to the position or some other one once some time has passed.
Hi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #34768 on: May 02, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »
:mouf
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #34772 on: May 02, 2019, 11:46:00 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/biden-son-ukraine.html
"Biden Faces Conflict of Interest Questions That Are Being Promoted by Trump and Allies"
Among those who had a stake in the outcome was Hunter Biden, Mr. Biden’s younger son, who at the time was on the board of an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch who had been in the sights of the fired prosecutor general.

Hunter Biden was a Yale-educated lawyer who had served on the boards of Amtrak and a number of nonprofit organizations and think tanks, but lacked any experience in Ukraine and just months earlier had been discharged from the Navy Reserve after testing positive for cocaine. He would be paid as much as $50,000 per month in some months for his work for the company, Burisma Holdings.
They show how Hunter Biden and his American business partners were part of a broad effort by Burisma to bring in well-connected Democrats during a period when the company was facing investigations backed not just by domestic Ukrainian forces but by officials in the Obama administration. Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma prompted concerns among State Department officials at the time that the connection could complicate Vice President Biden’s diplomacy in Ukraine, former officials said.
He really is turning out to be a Hillary 2.0 candidate. But at least he is a man, so he'll probably have a better chance of winning.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #34773 on: May 02, 2019, 12:07:05 PM »
Did Joe Biden's son meet with Ukrainians at the Biden Tower? :thinking
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #34774 on: May 02, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »
https://siouxcityjournal.com/blogs/politically_speaking/hayworth-steve-king-says-good-impacts-from-climate-change-could/article_54c1b88a-21ca-5a83-8ba8-e547462dbfeb.html

"Seventy percent of the earth is covered by water. If the earth warms, then there is evaporation that goes into the atmosphere. According to Newton's First Law of Physics, what goes up must come down," King said.

"That means it will rain more and more places. It might rain harder in some places, it might snow in some of those places. But it's surely gotta shrink the deserts and expand the green growth, there's surely got to be some good in that. So I just look at the other, good side."

:science
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #34775 on: May 02, 2019, 12:45:06 PM »
 :thinking :o

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #34776 on: May 02, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/sam4soph/status/1123618254348595205

:whatisthis

I can imagine that room smelling like death
a room full of old white people is the best thing a presidential candidate can hope for.
vin

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #34777 on: May 02, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/FiringLineShow/status/1123323568291446788

skip to 5:40 for more goodies

How do people watch those youtube channels with dickheads interrupting clips every five seconds?

kingv

« Reply #34778 on: May 02, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/biden-son-ukraine.html
"Biden Faces Conflict of Interest Questions That Are Being Promoted by Trump and Allies"
Among those who had a stake in the outcome was Hunter Biden, Mr. Biden’s younger son, who at the time was on the board of an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch who had been in the sights of the fired prosecutor general.

Hunter Biden was a Yale-educated lawyer who had served on the boards of Amtrak and a number of nonprofit organizations and think tanks, but lacked any experience in Ukraine and just months earlier had been discharged from the Navy Reserve after testing positive for cocaine. He would be paid as much as $50,000 per month in some months for his work for the company, Burisma Holdings.
They show how Hunter Biden and his American business partners were part of a broad effort by Burisma to bring in well-connected Democrats during a period when the company was facing investigations backed not just by domestic Ukrainian forces but by officials in the Obama administration. Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma prompted concerns among State Department officials at the time that the connection could complicate Vice President Biden’s diplomacy in Ukraine, former officials said.
He really is turning out to be a Hillary 2.0 candidate. But at least he is a man, so he'll probably have a better chance of winning.

It just goes to show that Bernie and Warren are mostly unliked by big money due to not having ties to corrupt moneyed interests.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34783 on: May 02, 2019, 03:39:35 PM »
:gopnik

Biden is running as the unicorn, the moderate Republican  :american
🤴

kingv

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Boredfrom

« Reply #34786 on: May 02, 2019, 06:59:55 PM »
Don’t start with this shit...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #34787 on: May 02, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »
 ???

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #34788 on: May 02, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »
The Democrats are really grasping at straws here.

Barr didn't hide the report. He released it, with much of it unredacted. The Trump administration just managed to spin it and the media bought it hook line and sinker.
If anything they should call CNN, NYT, WAPO to testify why they printed: "TRUMP CLEARED OF COLLUSION!" before anyone had ever seen the report.
🤴

james

« Reply #34789 on: May 02, 2019, 07:02:54 PM »
My deductible is 0 and my copay is 20. Get better jobs fam

Boredfrom

« Reply #34790 on: May 02, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »
???

I like how the only way you can retort stuff is with emoticons, memes or leeching on another poster.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 07:22:52 PM by filler »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #34792 on: May 02, 2019, 07:18:11 PM »

Weak. Hitler made them drag his body out of the bunker.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #34793 on: May 02, 2019, 08:57:28 PM »
The Democrats are really grasping at straws here.

Barr didn't hide the report. He released it, with much of it unredacted. The Trump administration just managed to spin it and the media bought it hook line and sinker.
If anything they should call CNN, NYT, WAPO to testify why they printed: "TRUMP CLEARED OF COLLUSION!" before anyone had ever seen the report.

Did you fucking read Barr's memo?  You idiotic shitlinger
püp

benjipwns

« Reply #34794 on: May 03, 2019, 02:46:24 AM »
Michael Bennet, Colorado’s senior U.S. senator, is running for president on promises to boost the middle class and mend America’s broken political system.

Bennet, who successfully recovered from prostate cancer surgery last month, announced his campaign Thursday morning.

“My plan is to run for president,” Bennet said on “CBS This Morning.” “I think this country faces two enormous challenges, one is a lack of economic mobility and opportunity for most Americans and the other is the need to restore integrity to our government.”

The senator is scheduled to barnstorm Iowa, beginning in the rural west and heading east through the weekend.
:american

benjipwns

« Reply #34795 on: May 03, 2019, 03:18:05 AM »
surprise new album from the countertop king:

james

« Reply #34796 on: May 03, 2019, 09:13:38 AM »
The Obama economy is on fire

agrajag

« Reply #34797 on: May 03, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

why isn't he standing on the roof of the lambo  ???

agrajag

« Reply #34798 on: May 03, 2019, 12:09:20 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

why isn't he standing on the roof of the lambo  ???