Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5449399 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
The Church has committed fewer crimes than David Brooks

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Joe Biden : I'll make you regret Hillary and show Bernie what being a dinosaur really means.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

When I see a benji post, individualist feminism has always been the first thing that came to mind.

benjipwns

lol

benjipwns

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1141872420728573954

Holy shit.  :lol
Fox News star Laura Ingraham waded into the ongoing debate over reparations for descendants of slaves during her podcast on Thursday by proclaiming there are no “do-overs” after a “conquest.”

Talking to Kentucky State professor and Hate Crime Hoax author Wilfred Reilly about the recent House hearing on reparations, Ingraham played a clip of author Ta-Nehisi Coates taking Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to task for saying reparations are unnecessary because Americans elected Barack Obama as president.

After praising McConnell’s remarks, Reilly stated that the logistics of paying reparations would be far too difficult before wondering if Native Americans would then be next to request compensation over their treatment.

“I mean, obviously both white and black soldiers, frankly, took this country from the Indians—the first people,” Reilly added.

“People would argue that the whole world, and I would, the whole world has been reshaped by people taking other people's land,” Ingraham weighed in. “It's called conquest.”

Mentioning past empires and how there was a “totally different map” in the past, Ingraham then complained that “they want to live in a fake world,” presumably talking about liberals.

“As Trump always says, ‘You don't get do-overs,’” she declared. “No do-overs, that's it. There was an argument, sometime—I think it was the 1980s. There was a quote, you won, we lost, that's that. Describing world politics, we won, you lost, that's that. That's just the way it is.”
:huh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
What a dumb cunt. :neogaf
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
on that isidewith test if you click "filters" you can add/subtract candidates, I added all of them running (and subtracted Gary Johnson since he's not) to my yes or no, non weighted one I posted in the yang gang thread and guess what my top three now is...

(Image removed from quote.)

:smug

:lol

benjipwns

I think these Laura Ingraham stories are missing the fun that is the guest she was talking to :doge

If you believe the news, today's America is plagued by an epidemic of violent hate crimes.

But is that really true?

In Hate Crime Hoax, Professor Wilfred Reilly examines over one hundred widely publicized incidents of so-called hate crimes that never actually happened. With a critical eye and attention to detail, Reilly debunks these fabricated incidents—many of them alleged to have happened on college campuses—and explores why so many Americans are driven to fake hate crimes. We're not experiencing an epidemic of hate crimes, Reilly concludes—but we might be experiencing an unprecented epidemic of hate crime hoaxes.
Wilfred Reilly is an Associate Professor of Political Science at Kentucky State University, and the author of the books "Hate Crime Hoax" and "The $50,000,000 Question." He is currently working on two additional projects: "Taboo: the Difficulty and Importance of Discussing Race and Class" and "Alt-Wrongs: an American Case against Racial Nationalism." His interests include international relations and the prevention of war, contemporary American race relations, and the use of modern quantitative methods to test "sacred cow" theories such as the existence of widespread white privilege. Off work, he enjoys dogs, archery, basketball, Asian cooking, and beer. Reilly has been described, by himself, as "the greatest mind of a generation."

Smollett’s fake hate crime is not a one-off. Reilly’s research finds that most high-profile hate crimes over the past few years have turned out to be hoaxes.

Reilly studied 409 reported hate crimes over the past five years that received media attention. They include incidents such as the racist graffiti at Eastern Michigan University and the minority woman in Grand Rapids who claimed a group of white men urinated on her.

“In major cases, almost all of them have been hoaxes,” Reilly says. “The number of hate crime hoaxes actually exceeds the number of convictions. The majority of these high-profile incidents never happened.”

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I mean sure lol, but we also know Ree exists and I wouldn't put it past people like that to file fake reports and exaggerate.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
on that isidewith test if you click "filters" you can add/subtract candidates, I added all of them running (and subtracted Gary Johnson since he's not) to my yes or no, non weighted one I posted in the yang gang thread and guess what my top three now is...

(Image removed from quote.)

:smug

No surprises here.
dog

Cauliflower Of Love

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/21/trump-telemundo-family-separation-policy-obama/?utm_term=.0b81a29a39b2

“I brought the families together,” Trump said in a wide-ranging and at times contentious interview with Telemundo that aired late Thursday night. “I’m the one that put them together.”

The president’s comments come just days after he tweeted that U.S. immigration agents will soon “begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States.” Trump added, “They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

:doge

This guy si re tarded, like almost literally.

[quinnipac]they had me losing to pocahontas

fucking wow
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:13:10 AM by Cauliflower Of Love »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
I don't think I've ever been so stressed out reading a news article before in my life

Imagine going to sleep after reading the article.

And getting woken up by this

https://twitter.com/FOX29philly/status/1141996005057019904
:O

kingv

The embarrassment from this Iran thing means either Trump will backtrack again and bomb Iran or that Bolton is out for embarrassing him.

Either way, I’m glad I got kicked out of the reserves. :salute

Cauliflower Of Love

I think we should all thank defacto SOS Carlson.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

I'm not much of hawk, but having that piece of smegma as commander in chief that allows iran to shoot down and boast about it...

Obama had a big stick as Biden put it, and Hillary probably a bigger one.

We've seen what bernie does to tear down people, I think he as Commander in Chief would fucking annihilate iran's military system, if this happened with him at the helm.

Go back to real estate, where the worst you can do is kill banks.

trump has made banks so much money with this felonious real estate business. :lol

Brehvolution

And yet no American bank will give the trumps loans.  :thinking
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

American banks are still giving the trumps* loans.

*dbas

Tasty

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/oregon-republicans-flee-state-to-block-cap-and-trade-bill.html

Oregon Republican senators have left the Capitol and scattered in various directions outside the state in order to avoid being rounded up by troopers for a high-profile climate bill vote scheduled today.

… When Republicans failed to show up on the Senate floor for an 11 a.m. session, Senate President Peter Courtney of Salem asked the sergeant at arms to search the Capitol for the missing lawmakers. That search proved fruitless.

In response to the walkout, Senate President Peter Courtney formally requested Democratic Gov. Kate Brown to dispatch Oregon State Police troopers to round up the missing Republican Senators.

What a bunch of snowflakes.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/21/trump-telemundo-family-separation-policy-obama/?utm_term=.0b81a29a39b2

“I brought the families together,” Trump said in a wide-ranging and at times contentious interview with Telemundo that aired late Thursday night. “I’m the one that put them together.”

The president’s comments come just days after he tweeted that U.S. immigration agents will soon “begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States.” Trump added, “They will be removed as fast as they come in.”

:doge

This guy si re tarded, like almost literally.

[quinnipac]they had me losing to pocahontas

fucking wow

james

Is that Kirsten "lets keep increasing the military budget" Gillibitch commenting on this?

agrajag

she's doubling down and getting ratio'd into oblivion  :lawd

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1141846625645555712

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I'm not much of hawk, but having that piece of smegma as commander in chief that allows iran to shoot down and boast about it...

Obama had a big stick as Biden put it, and Hillary probably a bigger one.

We've seen what bernie does to tear down people, I think he as Commander in Chief would fucking annihilate iran's military system, if this happened with him at the helm.

*Bernie Sanders voice* the millionaires and the billionaires are not the only ones who should have access to regime change and the creation of vicious failed states. Thank you.

agrajag

Michael brooks does a very good bernie

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Man, did Dave Rubin lose the battle of ideas today. Holy shit, is that a self own. starts at 2 hours, 21 minutes.

Tripon

A judge in Illinois ruled Friday that the state must appoint a special prosecutor to examine how state prosecutors handled an investigation into Jussie Smollett, the "Empire" actor who claimed that he had been attacked by supporters of President Trump.

In court filings obtained by NPR, Judge Michael Toomin ruled that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx should have handed the case off to a special prosecutor when she recused herself from the investigation earlier this year, rather than pass the case, as she did, down to her deputy state attorney.

Toomin went on to write that "unprecedented irregularities" in the case mandated further investigation "to restore the public's confidence in the integrity of our criminal justice system."

The special prosecutor, Toomin ruled, will have the power to indict Smollett or others for any crimes that the prosecutor believes have gone unpunished.

“If reasonable grounds exist to further prosecute Smollett, in the interest of justice the Special Prosecutor may take such action as may be appropriate to effectuate that result,” Toomin wrote.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/449759-independent-prosecutor-to-review-jussie-smolletts-criminal-case

Foxx going to lose her job because she did a political favor, and Smollett isn't in the clear yet. It's amazing.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
TFW when crook and all around horrible person Trump has more humanist morals than all preceding US presidents  :usacry

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean it's probably not as pure as that, maybe bullshit even, but the fact he is even making the argument publically on those terms is pretty astounding.

Of course he also gave the order before rescinding it so...
[close]
[close]
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

TFW when crook and all around horrible person Trump has more humanist morals than all preceding US presidents  :usacry

I mean it's probably not as pure as that, maybe bullshit even, but the fact he is even making the argument publically on those terms is pretty astounding.

[close]
[close]

what?

VomKriege

• Do the moron

[close]
[close]

what?

Trump says he called off the strike when he was informed the expected Iranian casualties were 150 and he felt it was a disproportionate retaliation to an unmanned drone being shot down.
ὕβρις

agrajag

[close]
[close]

what?

Trump says he called off the strike when he was informed the expected Iranian casualties were 150 and he felt it was a disproportionate retaliation to an unmanned drone being shot down.

On the other hand

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
what if we got donald trump to read settlers
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

[close]
[close]

what?

:iface

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Maybe the real Donald Trump was inside us all along.
©@©™

james

What if we got him and the president of Iran to talk over a game of Settlers of Catan?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

what if settlers was the only book he'd ever read :o

jakefromstatefarm

what if we got donald trump to read
:ohhh

VomKriege

• Do the moron

[close]
[close]

what?

On the other hand

Sure.
Yet that he decided to phrase the whole thing as he did is sort of a departure. I already said a couple of times here that Trump is a modern day version of the black legend accounts of bad rulers like Nero (I mean can you think of a better nickname than Do-Nothing King ?) and this is right up that alley, like he's fishing to be Donald the Magnanimous or something. It's a stark contrast to the norm of Metternichian politics which is all about projecting responsibility & the impression that world affairs are orderly, under control of intellectually gifted adults but will sometimes call for necessary bloodshed to preserve the greater peace.
ὕβρις

agrajag

It's probably a political consideration more than anything. He has people like Tucker whispering in his ear that a war may hurt his re-election chances.

Cauliflower Of Love

You want to know why he supposedly pulled the strikes?

Ill tell you

Tripon

There's people in his administration that was advising him to kill 150+ people for a drone plane. That should be worrying.

Tripon

Boredfrom

Trump has been pretty consistent in that he doesn’t want long conflicts and he likes the idea of “decisive fast paced operations” (sucker punch them). Probably somebody told him that civilians dying has the risk of escalating  the conflict to a full war rather than Iran backing down. Of course it has to do with him wanting to be re-elected but he has been consistent on this stuff outside of him trying to bluff on twitter or in a interview. Why the fuck he decided to give a war hawk like Bolton a position of power is he being distinguished mentally-challenged like always.

james

Impeach Trump
Impeach the turtle
Impeach Pelosi
Impeach Schumer

Fuck it, impeach everyone over 50. Get those fuckers out.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Y do I find myself loving the ‘villains’ like james and filler? Should I lean into that? Who am I on the bire?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Y do I find myself loving the ‘villains’ like james and filler? Should I lean into that? Who am I on the bire?

:rollsafe

Tasty

filler can't be a villain he loves Nintendo

james

Why am I a villain? Because I want progressive changes?

Also, I love Nintendo but that is unrelated.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Maybe that’s it.

Nintendo fans.

Mfw my oldest forum name is ProudGCNGamer

:pika

james

I just want good governance, respect for the environment, a fair legal system, and a better future for everybody on earth with no wars or hate or famine

:fbm

agrajag

um

Rep. Eric Swalwell is among the growing numbers of millennials with a negative net worth. In 2017, Swalwell's net worth was estimated at -$10,000 to -$149,000 due to student and credit card debt.

BisMarckie

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1142180018715549698

Yeah, a good Democrat President would have never hesitated to kill people in the Middle East.  :doge

Tasty

I've decided it's no longer democrat vs. republican but north vs. south.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
We the North?

Tasty

Maybe that’s it.

Nintendo fans.

Mfw my oldest forum name is ProudGCNGamer

:pika

That was you? :gladbron

Just kidding, but just imagine if I wasn't :pika
[close]

Occam

This is good, but the people who could do something about it aren't going to watch it:

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
I've decided it's no longer democrat vs. republican but north vs. south.
there are nativists everywhere.
每天生气