Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5390331 times)

kingv

dude really thought he was just gonna waltz into the presidency with abuela out he way  :mueller

I’m just waiting for his inevitable “white people can be n-word too! And Being a n-word is a way of acting, not about the color of your skin”

I wonder if there is a tipping point where he finally blows it with black primary voters, because without them he’s pretty much toast.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Census case and Gerry case at SCOTUS likely to be revealed Wednesday

Stay tuned for the end of democracy.
:O

agrajag

back in my day, the golden days, you'd be lucky to drink from the same water fountain as me, uppity BOY! We knew how to get things done!

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
no shame

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1142618644142284801

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2018/10/25/iowa-steve-king-austria-unzensuriert-freedom-party-depths-holocaust-neo-nazi-holocaust-election-vote/1765526002/

That was the same trip where he visited a far right political party in Austria. Funded by a Holocaust memorial nonprofit.

King toured Holocaust sites last year on a trip funded by a Holocaust memorial nonprofit. During his trip, he reportedly met with members of an Austrian far-right political party associated with the neo-Nazi movement, according to the Des Moines Register.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/449941-ocasio-cortez-calls-out-steve-king-liz-cheney-amid-controversy-over

Tripon

Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), a former chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, says that White House hopeful Pete Buttigieg has a serious problem with African American voters.

“Pete has a black problem,” Fudge told The Daily Beast, referring to the South Bend, Ind., mayor. “I don’t know of one black person out of Indiana that supports him.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450032-black-democratic-lawmaker-on-buttigieg-pete-has-a-black-problem

When he was in South Bend on Friday, a woman confronted Buttigieg about his desire to win over black voters in the city.

“You’re running for president and you want black people to vote for you?” the woman said. “That’s not going to happen.”

“Ma’am, I’m not asking for your vote,” Buttigieg responded.

When presented with Buttigieg’s comments, Fudge told the Daily Beast that they depict a sense of “arrogance” and “entitlement.”

Buttigieg's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Fudge's remarks.

james

The refereeing at the women's world cup has made me skeptical that women should be allowed to make critical decisions.

Today they say that was a penalty. Tomorrow they say we must bomb Iran.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
no shame

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1142618644142284801
There's no cooking or selfie opportunity and she has to go to Europe where she's not YEET.

No chance she'll take up the offer.
🤴

Tripon

http://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/

The largest Minn. newspaper decided there really was something to the rumor that Omar really did marry her fake/real brother? to get him American citizenship and really did let two of their investigative reporters work on this story.

Jacob Wohl wins?

This is a WTF story.

New investigative documents released by a state agency have given fresh life to lingering questions about the marital history of Rep. Ilhan Omar and whether she once married a man — possibly her own brother — to skirt immigration laws.

Omar has denied the allegations in the past, dismissing them as “baseless rumors” first raised in an online Somali politics forum and championed by conservative bloggers during her 2016 campaign for the Minnesota House. But she said little then or since about Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, the former husband who swept into her life in 2009 before a 2011 separation.

The questions surfaced again this month in a state probe of campaign finance violations showing that Omar filed federal taxes in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while she was still legally married to but separated from Elmi.

Although she has legally corrected the discrepancy, she has declined to say anything about how or why it happened.

The new documents also detail the Omar campaign’s efforts to keep the story of her marriage to Elmi out of the press, arguing that detailed coverage would legitimize the accusations and invade her privacy.

J. Patrick Coolican is a Star Tribune political reporter who began his career by starting a website and following the 2000 presidential campaign. He's been a journalist in seven different states, and in 2013-14 was a Knight Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan.

patrick.coolican@startribune.com 651-925-5042
Stephen Montemayor covers politics and government in Minnesota. He previously reported on federal courts and law enforcement for the Star Tribune.

stephen.montemayor@startribune.com 612-673-1755 smontemayor
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:29:40 PM by Tripon »

agrajag

Beta just introduced a policy to tax non-military-industrial-complex-participating-people to pay for veterans' healthcare, when he could just cut defense spending.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Sanders will get the majority of the Harris/Buttegg/Warren votes when it’s just Biden vs Sanders, right?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Sanders will get the majority of the Harris/Buttegg/Warren votes when it’s just Biden vs Sanders, right?
Parts of the Democratic party are again working actively to prevent the nomination of Sanders.
He'll never be nominated by the Democrats, why doesn't he learn?

He would have a better shot running in the Republican primary.
🤴

Tripon

This guy's meme game needs work.

agrajag

amir0X not looking good these days

Tripon

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1142863097260126210

George Conway retweeting Brianna Wu. We live in a society.

Boredfrom

Oh god, probably the worst person he could quote about something (even if she is right).

agrajag

who cares, he's Kellyanne Conway's husband and another conservative ghoul, why are you concerned about his credibility?

Boredfrom

who cares, he's Kellyanne Conway's husband and another conservative ghoul, why are you concerned about his credibility?

Did I say I was?

agrajag

You didn't have to.

BisMarckie

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1142863097260126210

George Conway retweeting Brianna Wu. We live in a society.

I think Benji just had a stroke reading this.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Conway cheating on Kellyanne with Wu would be a fitting end to her character arc.  :rejoice
🤴

Boredfrom

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Beta just introduced a policy to tax non-military-industrial-complex-participating-people to pay for veterans' healthcare, when he could just cut defense spending.

This is such a dumb idea.
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

You people aren't reading between the lines...

1. Create health care for military members paid by civilians
2. Require everyone to join the military at the age of 18.
3. Give people the ability to opt out of the service, but still remain part of the military.
4. Universal Health Care

::galaxy brain::

james

You people aren't reading between the lines...

1. Create health care for military members paid by civilians
2. Require everyone to join the military at the age of 18.
3. Give people the ability to opt out of the service, but still remain part of the military.
4. Universal Health Care

::galaxy brain::

5. Begin land war with Iran and China
6. Cull the US population by 10 million
7. PROFIT

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Critical support to Pete Buttigieg with his plan to end America's long running individual pastime of pretending to care about the troops.

kingv

https://twitter.com/aurabogado/status/1143198863559237632

Honestly, fuck Obama for this type of shot, but there are actual material differences here, that anyone who actually follows through the article and the attached lawsuit can see for themselves.

The lawsuit talks about people staying in this type of detention for up to 6 days. Now we are talking about kids being there for a month. Big difference not brushing your teeth for a week vs a month.

That said, I think Obama does not get enough “credit” for setting up the template  for a number of Trump’s abuses that he has just turned up to 11.

james

Hey dont blame me, I voted for Ron Paul

kingv

This is such a dumb idea.

I kind of like it. Not because it’s a good policy, but will serve as a great lesson to the many military people I served with that want to somehow separate the socialized benefit system they participate in from Medicare and Social Security as being somehow different because they put on a uniform once.

Tripon

james

Holy shit its not a joke he's a fucking imbecile

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1143099867897716736

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Honestly, fuck Obama for this type of shot, but there are actual material differences here, that anyone who actually follows through the article and the attached lawsuit can see for themselves.

The lawsuit talks about people staying in this type of detention for up to 6 days. Now we are talking about kids being there for a month. Big difference not brushing your teeth for a week vs a month.

That said, I think Obama does not get enough “credit” for setting up the template  for a number of Trump’s abuses that he has just turned up to 11.

How about you tell congress to fix this shit?

james

Just bought 50 shares of Biden not being the nominee

BisMarckie

Bought some Warren shares. They will keep rising until it‘s her turn to get smeared. :money

agrajag

Tom Perez is charging $1,750 a seat to watch the Democratic debates live.

:money

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

It's a War Tax
©@©™

Tripon

It's a War Tax

Perez is an old Biden aide, so it's more of a anti-bussing tax.

agrajag

it's the Ayatollahs' fault for having such similar names

BisMarckie

RELEVANT

kingv

How about you tell congress to fix this shit?

I’m on it!  :doge

Tripon

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Third GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
turd gueyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :pitbull

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
It is a comfort to see that Third Way tweet ratio’d to hell, at least

Tasty

:lol Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

agrajag

the second they start grilling your girl about reparations like they've been hounding Bernie for months, she crumbles like a stack of cards

Tasty

the second they start grilling your girl about reparations like they've been hounding Bernie for months, she crumbles like a stack of cards

One of these times I hope she just pulls out one of her dozen-page policies and just starts reading it, because apparently you're supposed to spout a paragraph when you're halfway through answering someone else's question while eighty cameras are in your face. :doge

If you're trying to get Warren on "She hasn't thought it through," you're fighting an uphill battle IMO.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
it would be hilarious seeing warren debate trump

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Kara nailed Warren with the “I did the extra credit vibe” thing, very that

agrajag

One of these times I hope she just pulls out one of her dozen-page policies and just starts reading it, because apparently you're supposed to spout a paragraph when you're halfway through answering someone else's question while eighty cameras are in your face. :doge

If you're trying to get Warren on "She hasn't thought it through," you're fighting an uphill battle IMO.

sure jan, that's why she was pretending to not hear that dude

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Imagine being a native american and not knowing how to handle a reparations question.

Kara

Don't really engage with CNN but this seems unusually strong worded for them.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/06/24/opinions/children-migrant-centers-at-border-long-austin-hillery/index.html