Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5440285 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Romney 2020 - Time to win like a dog!
« Reply #46320 on: November 06, 2019, 11:57:40 PM »
 :mynicca

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46322 on: November 07, 2019, 04:44:36 AM »
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday expressed caution toward progressive policies some of the 2020 Democrats are championing including "Medicare-for-all" and a wealth tax, the latter of which she warned would be "incredibly disruptive."

Appearing at The New York Times DealBook Conference, the 2016 presidential candidate was asked to weigh in on Sen. Elizabeth Warren's "Medicare-for-all" plan in comparison to adding a "public option," a proposed aspect of ObamaCare that later was dropped.

"I think the debate within the Democratic Party is a very healthy debate to try to figure out how to achieve the goal of covering everybody with quality, affordable health care," Clinton began. "My view on this, having been working on it for many years now, is that the Affordable Care Act took us to 90 percent of coverage, the highest we have ever gotten in our country after many, many efforts... we have a 10-percent gap to fill and we have a lot of learning to do about the best way not only to fill the gap but then to drive down costs as much as it's possible to do so without undermining quality advancements."

"I don't believe we should be in the midst of a big disruption while we are trying to get to 100-percent coverage and deal with costs and face some tough issues about competitiveness and other kinds of innovation in health care," the Democrat continued. "If you look at the 2018 election, you even look at the gains that were made by Democrats [on Tuesday's elections], the people who are saying, 'You know what, I am determined -- we're gonna get to universal coverage, we're going to get to a point where people can afford it, their premiums are not going to be skyrocketing, their deductibles are not going to be overwhelming, et cetera -- and here's the best way to do it.' That is, I think, the best position politically, and I also think it makes the most sense in terms of solving the problem."
Clinton later was asked about the wealth tax that Warren has promoted. After admitting she didn't "know much" about the proposal, Clinton suggested it wasn't practical.

"I just don't understand how that could work, and I don't see other examples anywhere else in the world where it has actually worked over a long period of time," Clinton elaborated. "I would be all in favor of reinstating the estate tax because that is much more measurable. It is not as disruptive."

She went on, "If you were going to do a wealth tax and it was on assets... how you would value it is, I think, complicated to start with. But, assuming you can get some system of evaluation, people would literally have to sell assets to pay the tax on the assets that they owned before the wealth tax was levied. That would be incredibly disruptive, so I think there are other ways to raise the revenues."
YAAAAASSSSSS QUEEEENNNN

Tasty

« Reply #46323 on: November 07, 2019, 08:49:51 AM »
GOP: "We're going to put Trump in front a teleprompter to highlight our judicial nominees"

Trump:  :boring

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1192202004006920198

Says the party blatantly stacking SCOTUS :mindblown

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46324 on: November 07, 2019, 08:56:46 AM »
In an indictment filed on November 5, the Justice Department has charged two former employees of Twitter as acting as unregistered agents for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and falsifying documents provided to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to cover up their activities as spies working within Twitter. This is the first time the United States has formally charged Saudis of spying in the US.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/11/former-twitter-employees-charged-with-spying-on-users-for-saudis/

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #46325 on: November 07, 2019, 10:34:45 AM »
Bookmark this post.

Next October there will be a massive stock market selloff as it becomes clear that KING BERNIE (or maybe Lizzy) will win.

That in turn will cause a negative feedback loop that will hurt Trump, resulting in lower polls, resulting in a bigger selloff.

We're going to go under 25k boys.

Ban me if wrong. But Im never wrong.
:O

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #46326 on: November 07, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »
Bookmark this post.

Ban me if wrong. But Im never wrong.

Settle down there, Nintex, we can just skip to the banning earlier. :p

More seriously: I don't think the Stock Market will sell shit off to own Trump. Warren/Sanders would hurt for the short-term, but you know the market: They'll find a way to weasel around Warrens shit (probably less so Sanders if he's able to get shit done) and it'll be back to "business as usual."

james

« Reply #46327 on: November 07, 2019, 11:48:40 AM »
More seriously: I don't think the Stock Market will sell shit off to own Trump. Warren/Sanders would hurt for the short-term, but you know the market: They'll find a way to weasel around Warrens shit (probably less so Sanders if he's able to get shit done) and it'll be back to "business as usual."

I think its different this time.

In the past, the line was "the president cant do anything to affect the economy, theyre just on for the ride"

With Trump its different. Because of his ego, he is invested in the DOW number every day.

Which means he will go to any length to prop it up, and his goons will do whatever he says.

So the current over-hyped valuation is simly investors getting "free" money. Theres zero risk because if a bubble pops, Trump will move mountains to bail companies out so his DOW numbers keep going up.

That ends with Sanders/Warren. They will actually revel in the market going down because its proof that the donor class are scared.

And say we get a 2008? They won't pull an Obama and bail everyone out. If Bernie was president in 2008, GM and Chevy would have been nationalized at bargain basement prices. We'd have a Bank of Bernie instead of crooks like BoA.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #46328 on: November 07, 2019, 11:55:51 AM »
We all saw the sell off before Obama won. It will happen again when it becomes clear the dem nom has a good chance of winning.
©ZH

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #46331 on: November 07, 2019, 12:49:22 PM »
and such and things of that nature
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46332 on: November 07, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »

I think its different this time.

In the past, the line was "the president cant do anything to affect the economy, theyre just on for the ride"

With Trump its different. Because of his ego, he is invested in the DOW number every day.

Which means he will go to any length to prop it up, and his goons will do whatever he says.

So the current over-hyped valuation is simly investors getting "free" money. Theres zero risk because if a bubble pops, Trump will move mountains to bail companies out so his DOW numbers keep going up.

That ends with Sanders/Warren. They will actually revel in the market going down because its proof that the donor class are scared.

And say we get a 2008? They won't pull an Obama and bail everyone out. If Bernie was president in 2008, GM and Chevy would have been nationalized at bargain basement prices. We'd have a Bank of Bernie instead of crooks like BoA.

The economy is also an emotional thing based on fuck all.
If people feel the economy is doing good, they are more confident to purchase stuff and thus the economy will do better.
Trump is the personification of the US economy. Bloated, unpredictable and taking huge risks.

Next to that Wall Street knows that with Trump in power, no one has to worry about regulation.
He might go after his personal enemies from time to time but you will never see Trump implement a bank tax.
The White House is pretty much run like the Wolf of Wall Street's Stratton Oakmant. And Trump is one of the figures that inspired the character of Gordon Gecko.

However, Trump also keeps out a lot of the monsters. When Obama was President his Presidency quickly stopped being news and people focused on what happened abroad.
As of now the news media is solely focused on Trump. It's Trump every day, all day. All geopolitics, arms races and terror attacks are sucked into the media monster called Trump.
A terrorist attack used to scare people for months. Now it won't even hit the headlines unless Trump tweets about it. If Trump hadn't pulled the troops from Syria, the Turkish invasion wouldn't even be on the radar.

When Trump's Presidency ends it'll be a wake up call for America and its news media. The problems won't go away with Trump, people are still OD'ing in the streets and the national debt hasn't been paid off.
Warren/Sanders would have the same struggle with the Democratic Party that Obama had trying to reform healthcare and such and that doesn't even include the Republicans.
Foreign policy would be an outright mess because all deals Trump made in person (soldiers on the Mexican borders for example) would be immediately reversed.

When Trump is gone, the show ends and suddenly everything is not awesome.

Also the "transition of power" would be everyone in positions of power bailing out trying to get cozy jobs back at the Trump org or Fox News.
The only thing left in the Oval Office would be "KEEP AMERICA GREAT, POCAHONTAS! <3 TRUMP" written on the walls.
Departments would be vacated, looted and shuttered on impeachment/election night.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:49:27 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46333 on: November 07, 2019, 02:04:59 PM »
This is your country now
https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1192482331749208071

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/booing-is-fing-us-up-view-melts-down-donald-trump-jr-visit-1253109
The front rows were stocked with audience members who seemed to be mostly supportive of the First Son, including a man wearing a Trump hat who asked, "Who killed Epstein?," during a commercial break at the end of the show.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #46334 on: November 07, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »
why the fuck would you watch that, what's wrong with you

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46335 on: November 07, 2019, 02:11:20 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46337 on: November 07, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1192446547327246336

Calm down, Will, nobody wants to burn the TekWar books.

Even though they should.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46338 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
I'm sorry to report the libs are at it again.

You invite two of the most renowned actors on your show and you have them reenact the Trump/Zelensky phone call awkwardly.

:picard

I'm still wondering who this person is and where they hid the body of once upon a time genius comedian Stephen Colbert.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #46339 on: November 07, 2019, 05:31:07 PM »
This is your country now
https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/status/1192482331749208071

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/booing-is-fing-us-up-view-melts-down-donald-trump-jr-visit-1253109
The front rows were stocked with audience members who seemed to be mostly supportive of the First Son, including a man wearing a Trump hat who asked, "Who killed Epstein?," during a commercial break at the end of the show.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/1192558083236605953

james

« Reply #46340 on: November 07, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »
 :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

BLOOMBERG IS RUNNING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46341 on: November 07, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
So what do we call his supporters

The Bloomies, The Bergers the Bloomers?
🤴

Occam

« Reply #46342 on: November 07, 2019, 06:07:38 PM »
Morons.

Seems Bloomberg is really scared for his money in case Warren or Sanders win.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 06:11:41 PM by Occam »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46343 on: November 07, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
Trump wants to do a new reality TV show with Burnett.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-and-apprentice-creator-mark-burnett-are-discussing-their-next-tv-show?source=articles&via=twitter_page

This guy might actually just walk away from the presidency  :doge

Maybe that's why he's so pissed about the impeachment. It keeps him in  :lol
🤴

kingv

« Reply #46344 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
Hillary needs to get back in and run on a platform of thick thighs and big naturals.

agrajag

« Reply #46345 on: November 07, 2019, 06:53:00 PM »
Bloomberg is gonna spoil Steyer's chances  :gddr5

thisismyusername

« Reply #46346 on: November 07, 2019, 07:01:52 PM »
So what do we call his supporters

The Bloomies, The Bergers the Bloomers?

Ass Bergers. :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #46347 on: November 07, 2019, 08:56:14 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46348 on: November 08, 2019, 04:35:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/mikescollins/status/1192548111161470997

The sins of our fathers

Oooooohhoooooooooo
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46349 on: November 08, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »
I guess ivanka is the whistleblower?

“This is a third party who was not privy to the call and did not have firsthand information,” Ivanka Trump said. “That is what was the catalyst for all of this discussion. But to me, it’s not particularly relevant aside from what the motivation behind all of this was.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/08/ivanka-trump-whistleblowers-identity-not-particularly-relevant/2527602001/

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46350 on: November 08, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »

mahking

james

« Reply #46352 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:45 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

mahking

Im all for increasing taxes on the rich.

But heres my issue.

Lets say we tax Billy here $100bn

For FY2019, the Department of Defense's budget authority is $693,058,000,000

That bill passed 85 yes to 10 nos.

Congrats, he's covered 1.5 months of war spending. Now that we've tapped out Willy, what's next?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46353 on: November 08, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »

mahking

But heres my issue.

Congrats, he's covered 1.5 months of war spending. Now that we've tapped out Willy, what's next?

Why do you think that King is talking about a balanced budget when he's talking about snatching billionaire's wigs to give them to needy cancer children? 

james

« Reply #46354 on: November 08, 2019, 11:18:35 AM »

mahking

But heres my issue.

Why do you think that King is talking about a balanced budget when he's talking about snatching billionaire's wigs to give them to needy cancer children?

Did Nintex take over your account?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #46355 on: November 08, 2019, 11:22:35 AM »
What does "end homelessness" mean to Bernie? You build a bunch of structures, in a remote area where NIMBY doesn't exist, that the homeless will eventually abandon anyways? You build more shelters which you then have to pay maintenance and wages to keep running indefinitely?

Not being a prick, just wondering what his approach is to "ending homelessness".

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #46356 on: November 08, 2019, 11:39:07 AM »
Airbnb accounts for the homeless

james

« Reply #46357 on: November 08, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »
What does "end homelessness" mean to Bernie? You build a bunch of structures, in a remote area where NIMBY doesn't exist, that the homeless will eventually abandon anyways? You build more shelters which you then have to pay maintenance and wages to keep running indefinitely?

Not being a prick, just wondering what his approach is to "ending homelessness".

Doesnt Bernie have a good NRA rating?

Put 2 and 2 together

agrajag

« Reply #46358 on: November 08, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1192559680226115584

the story skips the part where Klobuchar tossed a binder aimed directly at Kagan's head.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46359 on: November 08, 2019, 11:58:59 AM »
Airbnb accounts for the homeless

Rapid rehousing is sorta of that.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46360 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »
Klobuchar 2020

"I wish you wouldn't"

This is still the best timeline
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1192854195625316352
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 01:00:12 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #46361 on: November 08, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
©ZH

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #46362 on: November 08, 2019, 01:38:37 PM »

I love old onion vids
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46363 on: November 08, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »

:rogan
🤴

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #46364 on: November 08, 2019, 02:12:20 PM »

kingv

« Reply #46365 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »

mahking

But heres my issue.

We would start calling Billionaires pay pigs.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46366 on: November 08, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1192904038448291968

Joe Biden's handlers already worried about the Bloom
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #46367 on: November 08, 2019, 04:29:58 PM »
Gay af

As the token ghey around here, I will not stand for this microaggression.

Most of us aren't Pete.

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1192806909549711360

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

james

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46370 on: November 08, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »
I watched the documentary on Lula and the Brazilian democracy on Netflix.

That's some crazy shit. With state prosecutors acting as accuser, judge and jury.
Still about 99% of the high level politicians were corrupt and dirty and everyone leaked dirt on one another.

Maybe the elite that run things feel that Lula is better for them than Bolsonaro is.
Bolsonaro seems to have accomplished literally fuck all and only ever rambles that the state lacks resources to do stuff.

From what I gathered from the documentary, Rousseff was the radical one that wanted to tax banks, nationalize things etc .
And that prompted the conservative elite to put a shark on the corruption case hanging over her administration. Which completely backfired on them.
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #46372 on: November 08, 2019, 08:52:39 PM »
Tom Steyer's vanity campaign has had a couple of comically bad ethical violations: trying to buy endorsements and stealing data from the Harris campaign.

Seems like a bad cost/benefit analysis to cheat so blatantly for someone who's never going to come close to winning, but he probably pays well.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #46373 on: November 08, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »
Steyer ads are really fucking annoying but he's not a bad person. Dude funded a green SuperPAC after all. I respect anyone who can make a fortune in finance and then convert that accumulation into progressive activism.
每天生气

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #46376 on: November 08, 2019, 10:38:04 PM »
but Vermin himself is a boomer, 1961 :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #46377 on: November 08, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »
“Michael Bloomberg is drawing up a strategy to build campaign staff in states that hold March 2020 primary contests, as he leans toward entering the Democratic presidential race despite a difficult path to the nomination,” the Wall Street Journal reports.

“Other Democratic presidential campaigns have been more invested in the first few states to vote, including Iowa and New Hampshire, which cast ballots in early February.”
"Mike will spend whatever it takes to defeat Donald Trump," a Bloomberg source said. "The nation is about to see a very different campaign than we’ve ever seen before."

I'm told there's no way he'll later run as a third-party or independent candidate, partly because of ballot-access hurdles.
Bloomberg had been focused on how he could best influence 2020 from the outside. But he increasingly became concerned that all the leading Democrats have weaknesses Trump could exploit in the general election.
Somebody sold Tom Steyer and Mike Bloomberg the same campaign strategy.

james

« Reply #46378 on: November 08, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »

LULA HAS ENDORSED BERNIE SANDERS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

james