Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5391284 times)

Occam

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Romney 2020 - Time to win like a dog!
« Reply #47820 on: December 11, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »
Catchy

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47821 on: December 11, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1204799896353722368
FBI: Well, I'm sorry, Timmy, but I don't dip that way. ... You dip the way you want to dip. I'll dip the way I want to dip.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47823 on: December 11, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
blue no matter who!

benjipwns

« Reply #47824 on: December 11, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
“If Biden is elected,” an adviser to the campaign told the news outlet, “he’s going to be 82 years old in four years and he won’t be running for reelection.”

“He’s going into this thinking, ‘I want to find a running mate I can turn things over to after four years, but if that’s not possible or doesn’t happen then I’ll run for reelection.’ But he’s not going to publicly make a one-term pledge,” another adviser reportedly said.
FACT CHECK:
https://twitter.com/KBeds/status/1204793252337065984

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47825 on: December 11, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
Probably doesn't even want one term.

nachobro

• Live Más

agrajag

« Reply #47827 on: December 11, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
Joe Biden: "I worry that the Democratic party will become too powerful, Republicans please keep voting Republican. "

Joe Biden and Joe Manchin: Real Democrats.

Bernie: not even a Democrat.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

benjipwns

« Reply #47830 on: December 11, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »
I'm sorta more triggered that they wrote "a Google search of Boeing and Sanders reveals several articles" because they're giving away trade secrets!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47831 on: December 11, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »
https://twitter.com/people/status/1204517713793691648

:nope
Hosting a TV show and making real estate deals :nope

Bombing Iraq displacing millions :ohyeah
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #47833 on: December 11, 2019, 08:29:57 PM »
The lady that's on after LOU DOBBS just revealed that CNN didn't show Lindsey Graham's rambling and instead talked about Democrats and impeachment. I can't believe a "news company" would favor a political party like that I am so angry. Fucking CNN. :maf

kingv

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #47835 on: December 11, 2019, 08:51:17 PM »
Imagine thinking the Horowitz hearing is tier 1 political news on par with impeachment, brehs.
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:11:00 AM by Tripon »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

Tasty

« Reply #47840 on: December 12, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »
that sounds great, but how about living in a state where the general election doesn't matter? :jeb

Living in the only continental state with 100% blue counties in 2016 :jeb

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:33:24 AM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #47841 on: December 12, 2019, 09:32:52 AM »

Occam

« Reply #47842 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »
Wapo says some "moderate" (spineless) Dems may vote against impeaching Trump because they are worried about losing their seats in red disctricts. Any Democrat who votes against impeachment deserves to lose their seat and should be kicked out of the party for not doing their constitutional duty; they are just as bad as the treasonous Republicans.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47843 on: December 12, 2019, 10:36:23 AM »
 :brain

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #47844 on: December 12, 2019, 10:39:10 AM »
Democrats: Why dont the kids come out and vote for us
Also Democrats: Spineless pieces of shit
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47846 on: December 12, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
he was already person of the year twice ::)

james

« Reply #47847 on: December 12, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
Best timeline: The sitting president about to get impeached is trolling and making fun of a child with Asperger's on twitter because he's jealous she's Time's person of the year instead of him

If Trump gets reelected Im leaving the US.

Not as a protest vote or whatever but for my own fucking sanity.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47848 on: December 12, 2019, 12:20:54 PM »
Best timeline: The sitting president about to get impeached is trolling and making fun of a child with Asperger's on twitter because he's jealous she's Time's person of the year instead of him

Is Trump raising the age of consent? :thinking

Top of page President of the United States of America:
Margs

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47849 on: December 12, 2019, 12:25:21 PM »
Every year Time does their Person of the Year thing, the same people remind everyone that it's (ostensibly) about newsworthiness and not praise, but nobody listens cause everyone wants to get mad.

Sort of charming that we're still doing it even though nobody reads Time anymore.

kingv

« Reply #47850 on: December 12, 2019, 12:31:58 PM »
Wapo says some "moderate" (spineless) Dems may vote against impeaching Trump because they are worried about losing their seats in red disctricts. Any Democrat who votes against impeachment deserves to lose their seat and should be kicked out of the party for not doing their constitutional duty; they are just as bad as the treasonous Republicans.

This shit never works. If you learn anything from a Republicans it should be lean into your base.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47851 on: December 12, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
They just lost 40 seats in the House though.

Tasty

« Reply #47852 on: December 12, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »
So this shindig is really gonna be Biden, Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg, huh.

I guess there's the chance this Blue Cross thing tanks Butti but hard to see someone else rising up to be as strong a #4.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47853 on: December 12, 2019, 01:01:07 PM »
Buttigieg doesn't stand a chance after super tuesday

kingv

« Reply #47854 on: December 12, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

Yes, and it took a literally once in a lifetime awful and controversial President For that to happen.

They have been leaning into their base since Clinton was President and will have controlled Congress for 22 out of 30 years by the end of 2020.

Also, in a more specific sense, coming into office on an anti-Trump wave and then backing off from being a check on Trump is just dumb as hell from any kind of strategy perspective. It’s almost guaranteed not to work.

You won’t get any credit with a Republicans for not voting to impeach, and depress turnout with your base.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47855 on: December 12, 2019, 01:53:23 PM »
Scanning through the Time Person of the Year list, it looks like every US president has been on the cover exactly as many times as they had terms in office (Eisenhower was on the cover first during WWII when he was still a general, but then he didn't get the first term cover).
©@©™

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #47856 on: December 12, 2019, 02:15:55 PM »

Sort of charming that we're still doing it even though nobody reads Time anymore.

It's the same people who complain about how "out of touch" the Grammy's are. Except that's been going on for 30+ years now.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47857 on: December 12, 2019, 02:18:34 PM »
These Republicans bringing up Hunter Biden's salacious drug stories as if it's related at all to what they're discussing is shameless even for them, a group of people with quite literally no shame.

Maintaining the illusion of being the moral party is essential to continue enjoying the support of their core base. Poor people who lean social conservative.
It's why they go so hard on abortion and claim Dems are in favour of post-birth abortion  :doge

The party doesn't really care to actually follow the moral part, just pretends to be the bulwark stopping Dems from killing newborns or executing dear old grandma with death panels.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47858 on: December 12, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »
what if hunter biden is a cia agent who was working undercover for trump?

agrajag

« Reply #47859 on: December 12, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »

switch countries with nintex

Occam

« Reply #47860 on: December 12, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »
The funniest part of the current House Judiciary Committee debate was when that slimy worm Matt Gaetz filed an amendment mentioning Hunter Binden and then talked about Hunter Biden's substance abuse in great detail and how his father got him out of trouble and in turn was smacked down by Hank Johnson. "I rise in opposition to this amendment. The pot calling the cattle black is not something that we should do. [laughter] I don't know what members, if any, have had any problems with substance abuse, been busted in DIU. I don't know. But if I did, I wouldn't raise it against anyone on this committee, I don't think it's proper."

It was the night before Halloween in 2008 when Gaetz, then 26, drove back from the Swamp, a nightclub on Okaloosa Island. He drove a 2001 BMW SUV registered to his state senator dad.

Near midnight, Okaloosa County Deputy Chris Anglin clocked Gaetz going 48 in a 35 mph zone. Anglin later reported that Gaetz fumbled for his license and registration, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he swayed and staggered when he got out of the car.

Smelling alcohol, Anglin asked Gaetz if he had been drinking. Gaetz replied no. Minutes later, he admitted he had consumed two beers. Twice, Anglin conducted an eye test. Twice, Gaetz’s eyes didn’t follow the prompt. Gaetz, who had recently begun practicing law, declined any field sobriety tests. He was arrested and refused the breath test.

A controversy ensued when charges against Gaetz, whose father was a member of the Florida State Senate at the time, were dropped and his license was reinstated. This occurred despite a Florida law requiring a year-long suspension for refusing to take a breathalyzer test. According to the Tampa Bay Times, “A field officer for the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles declared there was no evidence that Gaetz refused a breath test. Yet the refusal was clearly documented in [the arresting officer’s] affidavit and arrest report.”

The arresting officer, Okaloosa County Deputy Chris Anglin, resigned a month after the Gaetz arrest under pressure from his superiors, who cited disciplinary issues. The question of whether Gaetz’s father’s political connections played an improper role in these outcomes has dogged Gaetz for years.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:45:02 PM by Occam »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47861 on: December 12, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »
That's cheap bail.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47862 on: December 12, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

Yes, and it took a literally once in a lifetime awful and controversial President For that to happen.

james

« Reply #47863 on: December 12, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »

switch countries with nintex

Nah I was thinking somewhere I could go retire in a bungalow for $5 a day

Occam

« Reply #47864 on: December 12, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »
Madeleine Dean is awesome, by the way.
Why can't someone like her who is not a wimp run for President?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 04:07:32 PM by Occam »

Cauliflower Of Love

Occam

« Reply #47866 on: December 12, 2019, 05:23:28 PM »
It's great comedy. I am glad all of this is being broadcast and recorded for posterity.

Lulz, now they filed to strike the second article completely.

How long will this go on?

kingv

« Reply #47867 on: December 12, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »

If you’re going to tell me that Republican-lite policy ideas are the way to consistently win in the house, you can surely explain why the Democrats haven’t been able to win the house one time in the last 25 years that wasn’t on the back of an epic Republican screwup.

- 2006, extremely unpopular war being screwed up by a bad President
- 2008, Republican administration crashed economy
- 2018, somehow an even worse President than the one from 2006, who by the way, managed to beat the centrist candidate that chose to roast part of her base after she was nominated.

And that’s it. You have to go back to like 1994 before the Democrats had won the house prior to 2006.

Democrats are just really, really bad at elections while Republicans run on just pure red meat and get the turnout. “We only want to cut your social security a little bit”, unsurprisingly, is crappy messaging.

As is “Trump is an existential threat to the country, but not all that existential actually”.

Also doesn’t help that Obama gutted the DNC and left them with nothing but a couple of mailing lists during his midterms and through 2016 and beyond.

Tasty

« Reply #47868 on: December 12, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »
Honestly, 300 years of precedent and history mean jack shit to our current political situation. Things aren't going to snap back to what we think of as normalcy just because we think they should.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47869 on: December 12, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »
I love how they keep bringing up Obama gave blankets, trump gave munitions.

:confused

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #47870 on: December 12, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »
Every year Time does their Person of the Year thing, the same people remind everyone that it's (ostensibly) about newsworthiness and not praise, but nobody listens cause everyone wants to get mad.

:kermit

Though her changing her Twitter bio to his tweet is pretty funny.
---

So if life imitates art again like the UK going Brexit last time and us getting Trump, with them voting for Brexit shitshow drama round #09238094823908489, we might get... Trump. :trumps

I don't want any of you motherfuckers to be surprised when I warned you if it happens.

For the record: I want Grandpa Commie to win so we get Tanks rolling down mainstreet and the Communist Manifesto airdropped around the country, but I won't be surprised if the typical American voter (read: outside of liberal strong-holds) continues to be dumb.

kingv

« Reply #47871 on: December 12, 2019, 06:08:16 PM »
Honestly, 300 years of precedent and history mean jack shit to our current political situation. Things aren't going to snap back to what we think of as normalcy just because we think they should.

Yeah, I think we can forego any idea that our political situation is somehow better than a lot of third world countries  or that our political establishment is somehow especially principled. Basically we just got lucky and our populace is at least as stupid as the populace everywhere else.

I think it should be a wake up call to a lot of people that much of what we have accepted as appropriate behavior for politicians is not really enshrined into law and has been run as some sort of gentleman’s agreement for 50 years.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47872 on: December 12, 2019, 06:08:48 PM »
I love how they keep bringing up Obama gave blankets, trump gave munitions.

:confused
But but but Obama and Clinton are the warhawks.

What I love the most is that Trump is just trolling his way through this. Screaming Witch Hunt as he hints at colluding with Kim Jun Un for the next election.
He still really doesn't give a shit about being President or the 'weight of the office' 3 years in other than the title and breaking arbitrary records like unemployment and stock markets.

Meanwhile Joe Biden already looks tired and frustrated on the trail and the campaign hasn't even really begun yet.  :doge
🤴

kingv

« Reply #47873 on: December 12, 2019, 06:17:27 PM »

---

So if life imitates art again like the UK going Brexit last time and us getting Trump, with them voting for Brexit shitshow drama round #09238094823908489, we might get... Trump. :trumps

I don't want any of you motherfuckers to be surprised when I warned you if it happens.

For the record: I want Grandpa Commie to win so we get Tanks rolling down mainstreet and the Communist Manifesto airdropped around the country, but I won't be surprised if the typical American voter (read: outside of liberal strong-holds) continues to be dumb.

I especially think he can beat Biden. When is the last time Biden has had a positive news cycle? Basically the best news cycles he has or when he just isn’t in it. Other than that he says something weird or does something weird.

How is he supposed to run a Presidential campaign while just trying to avoid making an ass of himself or looking senile?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47874 on: December 12, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
yeah, and it fucks us all over as the dirty dems keep chasing the pubs further to the right. great strategy! we'll beat them by becoming them! then no matter what they win! yay!  :mueller

Occam

« Reply #47875 on: December 12, 2019, 06:39:12 PM »
It's great comedy. I am glad all of this is being broadcast and recorded for posterity.

Lulz, now they filed to strike the second article completely.

How long will this go on?

Forever. I don't even know why they're doing this and especially nearly everyone speaking directly to the television audience instead of each other, because they don't need to convince the public of any of this shit, they need to convince each other, and it doesn't matter for that either as everything is on party lines. Republicans spend their whole time convincing the viewers at home why this is bogus as if anyone at home is voting on any of these motions in that room.

I think they just want to wear the viewers out by going in circles repeating the same non-sequitur nonsense again and again. And they are succeeding, I have stopped watching because my brain has started to hurt.
I am somewhat impressed that the Democrats are continuing to offer serious rebuttals. They should just say "that is a lie that has been refuted several times already" after each Republican speaker and then sit in silence for the remainder of their time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:43:18 PM by Occam »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47876 on: December 12, 2019, 06:46:16 PM »

---

I especially think he can beat Biden. When is the last time Biden has had a positive news cycle? Basically the best news cycles he has or when he just isn’t in it. Other than that he says something weird or does something weird.

How is he supposed to run a Presidential campaign while just trying to avoid making an ass of himself or looking senile?
In the UK the polls were again dead wrong.

The left/liberals keep underestimating
- How decimating the 2008 crisis was for 'trust' in government and institutions
- How ignoring what people vote for (Brexit / Russia collusion stories to grind Trump down) just makes them more angry
- How the average voter is not sitting behind a Macbook drinking vegan smoothies at Starbucks watching Amy Schumer TV shows
- How the current economic uptick among the middle class is being credited to those in power
- How a lot of people hate or simply don't care about some of the icons the TV media thinks are popular and matter
- How a lot of people don't like being called Nazi's every day

If the left would drop their dumb virtue signaling and identity politics they would gain massively but even suggesting that means you are a bigot and a Nazi.
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47877 on: December 12, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »
Biden is 10 times the dullard, sundowning clown that the left pretends Trump is lmao. Dude stands zero chance. Dude is out here getting worked up and challenging random Iowa nobodies to footraces. He's gonna look like a complete fool in any debate with Trump.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #47878 on: December 12, 2019, 06:56:21 PM »
If Biden wins the dem nom we're so screwed.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47879 on: December 12, 2019, 07:06:57 PM »
🤴