Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5453062 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Romney 2020 - Time to win like a dog!
« Reply #47941 on: December 14, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »
 :mueller

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47942 on: December 14, 2019, 11:31:40 PM »
There is nothing corrupt about Trump losing case after case in the lower courts only to have his Supreme Court hear all those cases and then rule in his favor. That's super normal and a sign of a functional republic.
If the system wasn't corrupted already, this case would not be heard.
The Supreme Court is the final court of appeals in the American system (and many others that have the exact same basic system), this is beyond normal.

Even if it wasn't I don't know why someone who regularly waxes philosophical about the benefits of totalitarianism and silencing/eliminating undesirables like yourself should care about the strongman protecting his regime from the flaws of democratic republics.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #47943 on: December 14, 2019, 11:34:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/broshuis/status/1206054925060456453

:wiseau Need the wiseau emote with a baseball too.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47946 on: December 15, 2019, 12:36:43 AM »
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #47948 on: December 15, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »
Led by Sen. Cory Booker, nine Democratic presidential candidates called on the Democratic National Committee on Saturday to ease qualification thresholds for upcoming debates after complaining the debate stage is becoming less diverse.

In a letter obtained by NBC News, they asked the DNC to use the previous criteria of meeting either the grassroots donor or minimum polling threshold, rather than both.

But the DNC refused to change the qualifications.

“The DNC has led a fair and transparent process and even told campaigns almost a year ago that the qualification criteria would go up later in the year- not one campaign objected,” DNC spokesperson Xochitl Hinojosa said in a statement.

“The DNC will not change the threshold for any one candidate and will not revert back to two consecutive nights with more than a dozen candidates," she continued. "Our qualification criteria is extremely low and reflects where we are in the race.”

All seven candidates participating in Thursday's debate at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles signed on to the request — former Vice President Joe Biden, Sens. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, Andrew Yang and Tom Steyer — plus Julián Castro, who also did not qualify for the debate sponsored by PBS NewsHour and Politico.

“The escalating thresholds over the past few months have unnecessarily and artificially narrowed what started as the strongest and most diverse Democratic field in history before voters have had a chance to be heard,” the letter reads.

“As a result, candidates who have proven both their viability and their commitment to the Democratic Party are being prematurely cut out of the nominating contest before many voters have even tuned in — much less made their decision about whom to support,” it continued.
In their letter Saturday, the nine candidates pointed to a lack of diversity on the debate stage.

“...While we know this was an unintended consequence of the DNC’s actions, many of the candidates excluded due to these thresholds are the ones who have helped make this year’s primary field historically diverse,” they said.

In its response, the DNC said that after votes are cast in February, debate criteria “will reflect those contests.”

The letter comes as it appears Booker will not qualify for the upcoming debate, and after Sen. Kamala Harris dropped out of the race, which means a black candidate will not be represented on stage.

It also comes amid a growing concern the field is narrowing to predominantly white candidates, renewing calls for voters to decide which candidates should advance in primaries instead of the DNC.

NBC News confirmed that presidential candidate and former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, who is black, did not receive the letter nor heard from from the Booker campaign. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A rival campaign staffer told NBC News that Booker organized the letter in the last couple of days and had only a couple of candidates sign on until locking down the remainder Saturday morning. The staffer also said the DNC has pushed back on the Booker camp privately, and with the other campaigns, saying it will not revert back to earlier standards.

Campaigning in Iowa Saturday afternoon, Yang — the only candidate of color on next week’s debate stage — said Booker texted him asking him to sign onto the letter.

“Many Americans are looking up at the debate stage and are concerned that the candidates don't represent their interests, their perspective, their point of view,” Yang said. “I'm friends with Cory. If a friend of mine asked me to do something and I think it's positive, of course I will do it.

"So I'm excited for the DNC to consider changes moving forward that I think would be positive for the country and the party.”
Another DNC official said that “multiple campaigns have privately signaled to the DNC their frustration with the large debate stage and asked them to hold the line.”

The Booker campaign was the driving force behind the effort to convince other campaigns to sign, according to several presidential campaign operatives familiar with the discussion.

The lobbying annoyed at least one other campaign that didn’t understand why they should help out a rival who had missed the clearly stated debate criteria.

"He prisoner‘s-dilemma’d us all into this as his campaign should be gracefully ending," a rival campaign operative said.
If candidates could qualify for the December debate by hitting just one of the two thresholds, the seven candidates on stage would've been joined by Booker, Castro and Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who did not sign the letter.

An either/or pathway could also open up the possibility of former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg participating in the debates. Bloomberg has sworn off fundraising, closing the debate stage to him because he cannot hit any donor threshold. But a polls-only route could allow the billionaire, who has hit five percent in recent national qualifying polls, to participate.

It could even open the possibility for a candidate who has long been off the debate stage to return. Marianne Williamson, who has not participated since the first and second rounds of debate, did not publicly say she has hit the donor threshold for the December debate. But the spiritual guru has shown a proclivity for getting small-dollar support, having 140,000 donors at the end of the third quarter.

benjipwns

« Reply #47949 on: December 15, 2019, 01:53:30 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-biden-kept-screwing-up-iraq-over-and-over-and-over-again

If you don't read this, the author will put you through a plate glass window.

Tripon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47951 on: December 15, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »
colby covington got rinsed

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #47952 on: December 15, 2019, 07:09:55 AM »
Nintex's understanding of the memelord contingency is about as cringe as Don Jr's

10 bucks says Nintex has a copy of Triggered sitting on his book shelf, right next to 12 Rules for Life and Art of War

and he's the only  mf dumb enough to buy that book with his own money  :neogaf
___

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47953 on: December 15, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »
Thankfully Greta has distanced herself from her hate speech

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1205863994881400832
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47954 on: December 15, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »
But we should put our corrupt leaders against the wall :juche
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47955 on: December 15, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »
But we should put our corrupt leaders against the wall :juche
Build the wall  :trumps

:thinking
🤴

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #47956 on: December 15, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
I'm sure this is how the founders envisioned it: Mitch McConnell currently refuses to allow the Senate to vote on 250 bills passed by House Democrats.

They absolutely envisioned a popular electoral wave in the House being tempered by a vaguely accountable Senate.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #47957 on: December 15, 2019, 11:42:28 AM »
Speaking of The Founders (TM), the other day I read a letter penned by Alex Hamilton to Johnny Jay that advocated for arming slaves during the revolution because black people are probably as capable as white people but a life in bondage has uniquely equipped them for being troops via a vis whites. No wonder the guy from House, M.D. made a musical about him!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47960 on: December 15, 2019, 05:29:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1206335971974959107

lmao the boomer feud is getting out of control.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #47961 on: December 15, 2019, 08:06:05 PM »
that’s happened more than once. Pretty sure Trump’s got a full set of false teeth, I don’t honestly
Think Pelosi does

agrajag

« Reply #47962 on: December 15, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »
looks like there's a leftist candidate for congress Nintex and Etoilet can get behind!

:lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47963 on: December 15, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »
The Tim Canova wing of the party.

Tripon

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47966 on: December 15, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
The littlest Antifa using the rhetoric of violent revolutionaries?

Quelle motherfucking surprise.

lmao shut up idiot
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47967 on: December 15, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »
:neogaf
dog

Kara

« Reply #47968 on: December 15, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »
If only she'd use the rhetoric of peaceful revolutionaries like Thomas Jefferson. :goty2

Tasty

« Reply #47969 on: December 15, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
OK who said JayDub's name three times

Kara

« Reply #47970 on: December 15, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
"Neither to the right, left nor center"? Sounds like textbook Third Positionism to me. :brazilcry

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47971 on: December 15, 2019, 10:42:24 PM »

Change, opposition to change, and society all involves underpinning of violence.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47972 on: December 15, 2019, 10:47:18 PM »
how dare you  ;)

agrajag

« Reply #47973 on: December 15, 2019, 10:48:39 PM »
what about blowjob agenda pushing?

:phil :noah

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47974 on: December 15, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #47975 on: December 15, 2019, 10:52:54 PM »
I'm sitting here dying that this is what gets JayDubs to post again, lmaaoooo

Kara

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47978 on: December 16, 2019, 12:08:36 AM »

Not his wife :rodney
Margs

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

kingv

« Reply #47980 on: December 16, 2019, 08:11:29 AM »

I really want to hear him defend the ectopic pregnancy thing actually

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47981 on: December 16, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
Not all, just some.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47983 on: December 16, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »
Why couldn't she have posted pictures prominent politicians with a metaphorical cross-hair printed over them, and then held a gun raffle charity fundraiser so as not to offend JayDub's sensibilities?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:56:47 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47984 on: December 16, 2019, 12:56:40 PM »
Campaign manager: "Ok, Joe education, EDUCATION. You know learning, nothing can go wrong with this just don't mention touching children. Whatever you do don't mention TOUCHING CHILDREN"
Joe: "This is the No Malarkey tour for a reason folks, don't worry I got this."
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #47985 on: December 16, 2019, 01:17:15 PM »
#FundTheRapists

:pika

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47986 on: December 16, 2019, 01:49:50 PM »
Rudy delivered, his Twitter feed is lit

- Actual Ukrainian witnesses, including the prosecutor
- Documents from Latvia asking the US to assist in investigating Burisma and Biden

Which sorta throws a wrench in the "Russians!" narrative because the Latvian government hates Russia.
If fact, you'd be hard pressed to find an area where the Russians are hated more than in Latvia and Estonia.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1206290349422981120
🤴

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #47987 on: December 16, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
©ZH

Kara

« Reply #47988 on: December 16, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »
Latvia's financial sector is full of dirty Russian money and one of its ports (whose owner was recently sanctioned by the U.S. and expropriated) exports Russian oil that's refined in Belarus.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47989 on: December 16, 2019, 02:38:50 PM »
Imagine thinking russia isn't inside of other governments after installing a POTUS.

kingv

« Reply #47990 on: December 16, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »
Imagine thinking russia isn't inside of other governments after installing a POTUS.

How can you imagine that Russian oligarchs could corrupt... Latvia?! This is Latvia we’re talking about? The lion of Europe, motherfuckinng Latvia!

We should ban Nintex from this thread and bring back etoilet.

Etoilet gave us that good good, where he would dig up some rando Q like conspiracy theory and defend it, like how Seth a Rich hacked the DNC because of time stamps or something.

Nintex just unironically believes the worst news sources like “omg, Russia today proved Trumo is innocent” or “Brad Parscale destroyed impeachment!”

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #47991 on: December 16, 2019, 03:40:03 PM »
it's baffling that he still does mixes in nola-style careposts here

like I get that he's dumb and a compulsive liar, but shouldn't he be trying this on an audience that doesn't already know he's a dumb and a compulsive liar?

it's either a really impressive level of delusion or he's into public humiliation and we're all unwittingly his unpaid dommes

kingv

« Reply #47992 on: December 16, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
I wish I was a fin-dom  :stahp

agrajag

« Reply #47993 on: December 16, 2019, 03:55:02 PM »
he probably got chased off every other forum already. We're all he's got!  :tocry

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47994 on: December 16, 2019, 03:58:59 PM »
I can buy the bit about Baltic states disliking Russians. Butthurt Belt and all.

Kara

« Reply #47995 on: December 16, 2019, 04:48:10 PM »
Nintex trafficked a popular right wing meme (the Baltics only face west because freedom... well unless you're Russian squatter), which is why I even bothered to post basic facts about globalization people choose to ignore because of window dressing.

Even Estonia (for whom the meme is probably the most applicable) had a scandal in the last year where its banking sector was knowingly laundering money for the FSB. :lol

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #47996 on: December 16, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »

lmao shut up idiot

rofl i don't like the little shit whatever

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47997 on: December 16, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
At least etiolet put in the work, Nintex just mindlessly spams stuff he saw on Twitter.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47998 on: December 16, 2019, 05:13:18 PM »
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #47999 on: December 16, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
At least etiolet put in the work, Nintex just mindlessly spams stuff he saw on Twitter.

I feel attacked