Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443460 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| bombbombomb bombbomb Iran
« Reply #48901 on: January 10, 2020, 12:14:47 AM »
Matt Gaetz was one of three Republicans to vote for the war powers resolution :leon
https://twitter.com/funder/status/1215431435160641537

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #48903 on: January 10, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #48904 on: January 10, 2020, 10:23:47 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-winds-down-clinton-related-inquiry-once-championed-by-trump-it-found-nothing-of-consequence/2020/01/09/ca83932e-32f9-11ea-a053-dc6d944ba776_story.html

The effective conclusion of his investigation, with no criminal charges or other known impacts, is likely to roil some in the GOP who had hoped the prosecutor would vindicate their long-held suspicions about a political rival.

Clinton and her family have been subjected to significant law enforcement and other scrutiny over the years — though the various probes have mostly delivered reputational blows, rather than legal ones.

The Clinton family foundation has separately faced investigation over the years on vague corruption allegations, though so far those probes have not produced any charges.

Conservatives questioned whether Clinton may have manipulated CFIUS to let the acquisition proceed, but current and former officials have denied that, saying such a decision was handled well below the level of the secretary of state.

Conservatives also demanded an aggressive investigation into whether wealthy individuals and governments may have made donations to the Clinton Foundation in the hopes of getting favors from the State Department. That investigation became the subject of escalating tensions within the FBI and Justice Department in 2016, and was restarted after the election, but has not gained traction, according to people familiar with the matter.

Womp womp
Another batch of conservative talking points confirmed as lies. :violin

Repeat lies of fox news and the easy marks will gulp it down.
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #48906 on: January 10, 2020, 12:42:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1215646219743178752

:mindblown
"We agree to the removal, but we'll make it look like it's our decision and your loss."

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #48908 on: January 10, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »
Wow with my preferred candidate dropping out I'll have no choice but to vote for Trump
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48909 on: January 10, 2020, 01:27:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1215646219743178752

:mindblown
That's just them preparing their spin.
"We weren't kicked out, we left Iraq because they didn't pay us enough to be there! We'll go to Saudi Arabia instead, they pay in cash."  :trumps

Pelosi has caved and is sending the articles of impeachment to the senate next week. Unless 4 Republicans also vote in favor of including things like additional witnesses and documents
they plan to throw this in the shredder in time for the State of the Union so Trump can tell the Democrats just how much he owned them.
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1215693282401013761
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #48910 on: January 10, 2020, 01:30:49 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #48911 on: January 10, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »
 :lol Is that the new spin. Wasn't it just a few days ago turtle dick said he had the votes to start the trial and then never had a vote?
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48912 on: January 10, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
:lol Is that the new spin. Wasn't it just a few days ago turtle dick said he had the votes to start the trial and then never had a vote?
They realized it was bad for the brand if they didn't wait for the Democrats to send over the articles.
Plus there was the John Bolton thing. In fact, according to some blue check marks the Democrats are still looking into ways to get John Bolton to testify.
Ideas floated are to have him testify in another setting so even if it isn't part of the official proceedings it will be a thing that's out there that could influence the trial.

A bunch of Republicans like Romney have said that a Bolton testimony could be game changing but it smells like a trap like the Lewandowski thing.

Nintex says: Democrats shouldn't have limited the impeachment trial to just this phone call. But open a broader investigation into a variety of subjects. Like exactly how the Saudi's pay Trump in cash or why American troops in Syria were pulled away from vital objectives to patrol oil fields with the Russians instead. How come the decision making of vital matters of national security has been moved from Camp David to the Mar-a-Lago. How and why Jared Kushner warned MBS of a palace coup and how he and Ivanka made $80 million last year. Make it seem like repeated behavior and just keep this thing simmering in the background driving Trump up the wall instead of zooming on just this one thing like they did with Russia! Russia! Russia! 
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48913 on: January 10, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »
Is Nintex just talking to himself now?

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #48914 on: January 10, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
Is Nintex just talking to himself now?

As the president would say, "Very sad!"

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #48915 on: January 10, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »
I do actually agree that the scope of the investigation should have been broader than MSNBCIA being mad about Nazis in Ukraine having their arms fucked with though.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48916 on: January 10, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
that's pelosi "caving" ?

good one

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #48917 on: January 10, 2020, 04:01:01 PM »
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48918 on: January 10, 2020, 04:11:56 PM »
 :pimp

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

shosta

« Reply #48920 on: January 10, 2020, 04:19:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1215730737900638208

She couldn't even wait till her first term was over to start a war with the fucking DCCC :lawd
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48921 on: January 10, 2020, 04:22:59 PM »
The DCCC is the one that turns low level congresspeople into call center employees right?

Tripon

« Reply #48922 on: January 10, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
She's been in a warm with the DCCC since she was a candidate. She was making similar noise when the DCCC banned consultant work for challengers to Dem incumbents.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48923 on: January 10, 2020, 04:33:08 PM »
 :heart :heart :heart

shosta

« Reply #48924 on: January 10, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
The DCCC is the one that turns low level congresspeople into call center employees right?
they're the guys protecting your freedom... maybe show a little appreciation
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48925 on: January 10, 2020, 04:47:08 PM »
they're the guys protecting your freedom... maybe show a little appreciation

Shosta are you online?!

shosta

« Reply #48926 on: January 10, 2020, 05:02:12 PM »
maybe AOC should use her social media savvy to help improve the DCCC outreach  :doge
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

shosta

« Reply #48929 on: January 10, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »
Posting crosstabs in here like all of us haven't developed ADD from years of using Twitter :hitler
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #48930 on: January 10, 2020, 07:13:14 PM »
Posting crosstabs in here like all of us haven't developed ADD from years of using Twitter :hitler
Here.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/politics/iowa-poll-democrats-2020/index.html

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48931 on: January 10, 2020, 07:14:24 PM »
🤴

shosta

« Reply #48932 on: January 10, 2020, 07:51:16 PM »
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/7/21002895/bernie-sanders-2020-electability

Matt Yglesias is still a master troll :lol

The case for Bernie Sanders is that he is the unity candidate.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:56:32 PM by shosta »
每天生气

Tripon

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48934 on: January 10, 2020, 08:46:47 PM »
biden and bernie stonks within 6 cents of each other

:success

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #48935 on: January 10, 2020, 10:57:32 PM »
Stonks 8)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48937 on: January 11, 2020, 12:05:47 AM »
presidential debates sponsored by Namenda

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48938 on: January 11, 2020, 12:44:01 AM »

20 years in the making

Tripon

« Reply #48939 on: January 11, 2020, 01:14:54 AM »

shosta

« Reply #48940 on: January 11, 2020, 01:37:52 AM »
Thought we were done with this after we bullied the shit out of Howard Schultz :goty2
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #48941 on: January 11, 2020, 03:03:06 AM »
Dear Friend,

I ran for president to help forge another direction for our country. I wanted to discuss things I felt needed to be discussed that otherwise were not. I feel that we have done that.

I stayed in the race to take advantage of every possible opportunity to share our message. With caucuses and primaries now about to begin, however, we will not be able to garner enough votes in the election to elevate our conversation any more than it is now. The primaries might be tightly contested among the top contenders, and I don’t want to get in the way of a progressive candidate winning any of them.

As of today, therefore, I’m suspending my campaign.

My deepest gratitude to those of you who supported my candidacy for all these months. The ideas we discussed are important, and I hope they’ll find seed in other ways and in other campaigns. From rescuing underserved, at risk and traumatized children; to proactively waging an agenda for peace and making humanity itself America’s greatest ally; to integrative health models within our health care system and incentivizing health; to reparations to achieve deeper reconciliation between races; to repudiating the corporate aristocracy; to the creation of a more mindful politics; to changing from an economic to a humanitarian bottom line; to initiating a season of moral repair—we brought issues to the fore that I hope contributed to the campaign season. I remain as committed to them going forward as I was on the day we began.

I learned many things about America during this campaign. I’m more convinced than ever that we’re a good and decent people, that democracy matters, and that what our country has always stood for is worth struggling for. I will continue in that struggle, and I know that you will too.

To our dedicated volunteers, generous contributors, and loyal staff who worked so hard—I will hold you in my heart forever. There are no words for how grateful I am for your kindness and generosity. May you be blessed on your journeys as you have so blessed mine.

To the remaining Democratic candidates, I wish you all my best on the road ahead. It was an honor being among you. Whichever one of you wins the nomination, I will be there with all my energy and in full support.

Finally, these are not times to despair; they are simply times to rise up. Things are changing swiftly and dramatically in this country, and I have faith that something is awakening among us. A politics of conscience is still yet possible. And yes….love will prevail.

With all my heart I thank you,
Marianne
fuck everything, i give up, there's going to be no one to vote for

don't want to settle for weld

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48942 on: January 11, 2020, 03:04:16 AM »
Thought we were done with this after we bullied the shit out of Howard Schultz :goty2

There's always two siths.
ὕβρις

Kara

« Reply #48943 on: January 11, 2020, 03:42:00 AM »
Mikey B is definitely running in November no matter what to defeat Trump and NOT to defeat the reluctant social fascists who want to raise the top marginal tax rate 4%.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #48944 on: January 11, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
Found the 3rd party candidate.

Thought we were done with this after we bullied the shit out of Howard Schultz

Quote from: NBC News
WASHINGTON — Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s massive campaign apparatus and an army of some 500 staffers will march on through the general election in November even if he loses the Democratic nomination, campaign officials tell NBC News, shifting their efforts toward working to elect whomever the party selects to face President Donald Trump.

Bloomberg’s vast tech operation will also be redirected to help the eventual nominee, as Democrats struggle to compete with the vaunted digital operation built by Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale. Hawkfish, a digital company started by Bloomberg that’s carrying out his $100 million online ad campaign, will be retained through Election Day to help defeat Trump, the officials said.

Awaiting the eventual nominee would be a shadow field operation across the country that’s currently unparalleled in size by any of the other candidates in the presidential race. The roughly 500 staff members Bloomberg has committed to paying through November include those in battleground states like Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, as well as in Arizona.

Kara

« Reply #48945 on: January 11, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
Bloomberg terminals showing Biden 2020 ads. :whew

kingv

« Reply #48946 on: January 11, 2020, 12:36:48 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/BetaODork/status/1215760538191499264

The most strategic voters in America know that to beat a man with dementia you need a candidate with even worse dementia.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48948 on: January 11, 2020, 05:59:46 PM »
google translate:

"The Iranian government should allow human rights groups to monitor and report on the current reality of protests in the Iranian people. We should not see the peaceful killing of protesters again or the Internet shut down. The world is watching."

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48949 on: January 11, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »
Those last trumpt tweets are wild.

trump is getting passed around the world stage like a trinket.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #48950 on: January 11, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

shosta

« Reply #48951 on: January 11, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »

I still love this woman
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48952 on: January 11, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »
?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216130169477439488
Protests in Tehran and other cities against the regime.

They promised HARD REVENGE and failed to hit anything. Then they shot down a civilian airliner instead so people are pissed.
All eyes and media on them too so they can't just waltz tanks through the protests like usual.
They arrested the UK ambassador and had to immediately release him because of the international backlash and now the US wants them to apologize for that too.

Not even the Ayatollahs are safe from the vortex of fuckery that Donald Trump brings whenever he involves himself with something.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48953 on: January 11, 2020, 08:01:03 PM »
What does b3n and b2y and bxy mean for stonks?  I was reading some comments and I don't understand.

shosta

« Reply #48954 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »
You voted for her, too :bolo
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #48955 on: January 11, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »
I meant in the primaries :hitler
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #48956 on: January 11, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »
Id probably vote for a forums poster opposing Donald Trump. recursivelyenumerable for president :rejoice

recursive running on a platform of opaque, polysyllabic ramblings that everyone interprets to fit their own preconceptions, like a reverse Chauncey Gardner, hell yeah.

shosta

« Reply #48957 on: January 11, 2020, 09:10:48 PM »
everybody wants to forget where they come from... not me... love is forever.
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #48958 on: January 11, 2020, 09:25:44 PM »
Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry La Riva.

agrajag